The Automotive Thread

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: The Automotive Thread

Postby The Outsider » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Cheb wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:
Any thoughts on the current direction of Tesla? Would be really interested in your take.

I've often thought that eventually Musk's habitual overpromising was going to bite him in the ass, maybe not to the point of financial ruin and industrial catastrophe, but definitely enough to knock him off his golden boy perch. From what my buddies who work there say and from what I glean from the news, you're starting to see the rumblings of that now.

That said, I'm not selling my stock just yet.

I hope he doesn't **** things up too badly. Tesla is doing so many important things in the battery development side of things. For me their vehicle branch is almost irrelevant, it's all just a vector for improving energy storage technology.
The Outsider

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed May 01, 2019 5:20 pm

Bump so se can talk trucks
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Stuart » Wed May 01, 2019 6:08 pm

**** a duck a my friend

I ain’t a truck guy but I got’s sperience

Just last week a major contractor complimented me by sayin I’m a redneck m ****er cause I done and replaced the motor and capacitor in my home home ac system on a Saturday fore he could get here.

Yeah. I spent Summers at my uncles junkyard....

Just ask me a automotive riddle....
Stuart

Postby Stuart » Wed May 01, 2019 6:18 pm

Oh, as far as trucks....

Owned 2 trucks.

Both small trucks but dad had big toys.

The 4 cyl Nissan I would trust all day over the 6 cal Chevy (90s Chevy v6 pos)

Both were ok, but this **** is common sense,...mid sized now.....Tacoma
Stuart

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed May 01, 2019 6:51 pm

Is this where we talk guns?
PrimeMinister

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed May 01, 2019 7:02 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Is this where we talk guns?

Weightlifting thread.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu May 02, 2019 6:26 am

only ******* drive little trucks.. I drive a Dodge ram hemi crew cab. Mansize Truck. and I drive a mustang gt 5 speed stick...because I am a real man. gtfoh with this little nissan ****. :birdiedoublered:
Jason Bourne

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 02, 2019 6:28 am

Jason Bourne wrote:only ******* drive little trucks.. I drive a Dodge ram hemi crew cab. Mansize Truck. and I drive a mustang gt 5 speed stick...because I am a real man. gtfoh with this little nissan ****. :birdiedoublered:

Redneck.
uscbucsfan

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu May 02, 2019 6:30 am

lotto car 488 spider

Last edited by Jason Bourne on Thu May 02, 2019 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu May 02, 2019 6:31 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:only ******* drive little trucks.. I drive a Dodge ram hemi crew cab. Mansize Truck. and I drive a mustang gt 5 speed stick...because I am a real man. gtfoh with this little nissan ****. :birdiedoublered:

Redneck.

yep
Jason Bourne

Postby Stuart » Thu May 02, 2019 6:56 am

those nissans in the 90's were stout lil trucks as are the nissan/infinity v6 engines of today. someone said the other day they never saw a guy over 5'5" in a big truck lol. made me think, but yeah thats my experience as well.

At least I know who to ask when I need a high heeled shoe recommendation. :D

mustang gt 5 speed.....wait for it......stick! lol you braggin about being able to drive a stick..... :D :D :D

My 40 year old v8 Mazda will chew up that mustang. (although mad props to the new mustang engines...thos things friggin rock)
Stuart

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu May 02, 2019 7:01 am

I always thought that since about 1985 Mustangs were target marketed for women
Zarniwoop

Postby Kress » Thu May 02, 2019 7:04 am

I don't get Mustangs. The First Generation ones I do, if only because of their history. I would say nostalgia, but I was not alive then, so it's like a historical nostalgia thing. That, and they actually look nice in that old car kind of way.

In the mid 70's they went to ****, and to this day I just cannot get on board with them. If I see a nice, brand new, completely loaded and otherwise kick-ass Mustang, it does nothing for me. I would never want one, and I automatically attach a stereotype to whoever is driving it.
Kress

Postby Stuart » Thu May 02, 2019 7:04 am

Zarniwoop wrote:I always thought that since about 1985 Mustangs were target marketed for women

no, they market to short guys too...
Stuart

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu May 02, 2019 7:21 am

Kress wrote:I don't get Mustangs. The First Generation ones I do, if only because of their history. I would say nostalgia, but I was not alive then, so it's like a historical nostalgia thing. That, and they actually look nice in that old car kind of way.

In the mid 70's they went to ****, and to this day I just cannot get on board with them. If I see a nice, brand new, completely loaded and otherwise kick-ass Mustang, it does nothing for me. I would never want one, and I automatically attach a stereotype to whoever is driving it.

That’s pretty much how I see it. For the first 10 or 15 years they were cool cars and had something special about them. After that, not so much
Zarniwoop

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu May 02, 2019 7:33 am

65-71 Hi performance fastback mustangs were the ****, had a 85 mustang gt last year of the carburetor, it was nice.

72-84 they were crap
Last edited by Jason Bourne on Thu May 02, 2019 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu May 02, 2019 7:44 am

Stuart wrote:

those nissans in the 90's were stout lil trucks as are the nissan/infinity v6 engines of today. someone said the other day they never saw a guy over 5'5" in a big truck lol. made me think, but yeah thats my experience as well.

mustang gt 5 speed.....wait for it......stick! lol you braggin about being able to drive a stick..... :D :D :D

My 40 year old v8 Mazda will chew up that mustang. (although mad props to the new mustang engines...thos things friggin rock)

dude, my truck has 400 hp and not sure your mazda would be it. Hemi trucks are pretty fast.
Jason Bourne

Postby Buc2 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:00 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
Stuart wrote:

dude, my truck has 400 hp and not sure your mazda would be it. Hemi trucks are pretty fast.

Who gives a **** how fast your truck is?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Stuart » Thu May 02, 2019 8:04 am

not hating on dodge or hemi, but that truck is probably twice the weight of my car at about 2400lbs which is north of the 400hp mark....but there's always someone faster...

never was a mustang fan, but I go to moroso dragstrip on Fridays once in a while and those new mustangs are dominant. I'm a fan, and they look good too, went back to old school styling.

more of a camaro and cuda guy if we're talking eartly 70's
Stuart

Postby Buc2 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:08 am

Stuart wrote:not hating on dodge or hemi, but that truck is probably twice the weight of my car at about 2400lbs which is north of the 400hp mark....but there's always someone faster...

never was a mustang fan, but I go to moroso dragstrip on Fridays once in a while and those new mustangs are dominant. I'm a fan, and they look good too, went back to old school styling.

My current car comes in at 300hp. It's hella fun to drive.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu May 02, 2019 8:09 am

Stuart wrote:not hating on dodge or hemi, but that truck is probably twice the weight of my car at about 2400lbs which is north of the 400hp mark....but there's always someone faster...

i've never been a muscle-car guy...if i want something fast, i also want it to turn quick and be highly engineered. i'd take a european or even a japanese sports care before any muscle car.
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:10 am

Zarniwoop wrote:

i've never been a muscle-car guy...if i want something fast, i also want it to turn quick and be highly engineered. i'd take a european or even a japanese sports care before any muscle car.

Yep.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu May 02, 2019 8:12 am

Buc2 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Yep.

holy moses, my typing sukcs today

(see what i did there? :P )
Zarniwoop

Postby Stuart » Thu May 02, 2019 8:13 am

how about a jap car with american muscle under the hood :-)
Stuart

Postby Stuart » Thu May 02, 2019 8:14 am

Buc2 wrote:

My current car comes in at 300hp. It's hella fun to drive.

thats what my DD is too. 300 is fine and fun w/o the headaches
Stuart

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu May 02, 2019 8:33 am

Buc2 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

Who gives a **** how fast your truck is?

I do and its fun
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu May 02, 2019 8:36 am

I like the 69-70 mopars alot, prolly my fav's... been thinking about getting a new mustang gt conv. auto for awhile... sticks are a hassle in traffic.
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu May 02, 2019 8:39 am

BTW Ferrari,Lambo or Mclaren ? if you had a choice ?
Jason Bourne

Postby NYBF » Thu May 02, 2019 8:48 am

Jason Bourne wrote:BTW Ferrari,Lambo or Mclaren ? if you had a choice ?

Ferrari.

Super high end cars like that, the differences in 0-100 times and top speeds are negligible for the average human. If I'm out cruising in any of those three, I will whip the ever loving **** out of anyone who revs their engine at a red light.

It then comes down to design. The Lambo and McLaren both look like big hulking masses from some Tron sequel. They look like they should be going 150mph at all times. Ferraris just look classy as ****. They look like they're at home going 50 down a windy mountain or 150 on a straight track. And since I spend far more of my time in situations like the former, that's what I'd take.

But since you're clearly giving me unlimited money to get whatever care I want, it would be a Mercedes.
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu May 02, 2019 8:51 am

Yea I'll take Tom Sellek's Ferrari.
Mountaineer Buc

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic