No votes
Bucky Barnes
3%

Total votes : 29

Re: Avengers Infinity War Death Pool

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:19 pm

Deuce wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
It's more complicated than that. Moviepass lost 150 million in 2017 and is taking more losses this year. The movie theaters worry that Moviepass will go under and they will be responsible for providing movies for cheap or audiences will completely abandon the theater. It's a legitimate concern. If you were paying $10 per month to see movies and that went away, would you be less likely to see a single movie for more than $10?

The movie theaters have opted in temporarily, but don't be shock if (especially AMC) has their own service and stops supporting movie pass in the near future.

That's kind of a reach in my opinion. Everyone goes to the movies more because they have Moviepass. Before, I went to the movies maybe twice a year. So, let's say my local AMC got $27 a year from me. Now, I've been to like 8 movies in the last 3 or so months. I never would have seen Game Night, Jumanji, or The 15:17 to Paris in theaters.

Plus, since my ticket is virtually free, I actually will pick up things from the concession stand from time to time. So that's $108 plus say, $20 for concessions, $128 in 3 months vs $27 a year.

If Moviepass goes away, I'll go back to my twice a year habit. But AMC sounds like they're fully on board now and they've added Landmark Theaters. Also, they don't really have the option of "not supporting Moviepass". Moviepass cards are just reloadable Mastercard debit cards. So they'd have to stop taking Mastercard altogether which just wouldn't happen. The worst they can do is things like deny access to rewards and such.

Moviepass is bleeding money. Unless things change they will go under. AMC and the like aren't worried about losing people like you who only went to 2 movies per year. They are worried about their regulars getting used to something like Moviepass, then that goes under, and they lose those customers. It's not that difficult to see why they would be weary of something like that.

That is why AMC and other movie companies are releasing similar solutions in the near future.
uscbucsfan

Postby Super K » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:29 pm

Yo! This has gone on far too long..

Take your economics discussion to the Nerdery nerds....

This thread is about superhero death awesomeness...
Last edited by Super K on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super K

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Deuce wrote:
Kress wrote:

So they've made a movie that is apparently interesting enough to spawn a hypothetical death pool discussion thread on a football message board, which heavily involves talk about the use of spoilers given the overwhelming anticipation, and at the same time they've left you clamoring for more given what they could do in the future with collaboration.

Yeah. Sounds like they've screwed this one up.

On topic: I have no clue. I'm not into this stuff, so I just offed a couple of names I don't recognize.

You're pretty far off on this one. First, this movie and all of these movies are made by Disney. The company I was referring to was Sony. Sony and I think Universal are keeping their characters from being in more Marvel/Disney movies. Also, I'm not clamoring for it. I've never read a comic and have only gotten into this line of movies, so if there's no Spiderman, so be it. I just think it's dumb, objectively.

My last example of "does that company hate money?" was AMC theaters having a vendetta against Moviepass. Moviepass customers pay $10 a month and can see a movie every day if they want. Moviepass pays the theater full price for the ticket, but AMC still said it "cheapened the experience" and was against it. They tried to deny Moviepass cards and disallowed Moviepass customers from being rewards members. Well, surprise surprise, they finally came around a couple of weeks ago. btw, I have Moviepass and it's awesome.

Regarding Moviepass AMC is being smart here. Moviepass’ long term business strategy is growing large enough to force theatres to pay MP for access to their members. If 80% of moviegoers started using Moviepass and Moviepass demanded 50% of ticket sales theatres would have no choice but to take it. Movie-goers would just go to theatres who take Moviepass leaving the non Moviepass theatres to die slowly.

Edited: Damn autocorrect made this a horrible read.
Last edited by PrimeMinister on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:40 pm

Super K wrote:Yo! This has gone on far too long..

Take your economics discussion to the Nerdery nerds....

This thread is about superhero death awesomeness...

DreadNaught

Postby Super K » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:49 pm

EXACTLY what I was picturing when writing out my previous post lol...
Super K

Postby The Outsider » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Well, that was unexpected.
The Outsider

Postby Deuce » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Kress wrote:
Deuce wrote:You're pretty far off on this one. First, this movie and all of these movies are made by Disney. The company I was referring to was Sony. Sony and I think Universal are keeping their characters from being in more Marvel/Disney movies. Also, I'm not clamoring for it. I've never read a comic and have only gotten into this line of movies.

No..... I'm pretty sure that I'm not far off. Also, thanks for reinforcing the point. Re-read what you just wrote, as well as the rest of the discussion that ensued. Now the talk is about how to best get to the content they're producing?

What the hell are you talking about? Are you trying to say that since Sony/Universal are successful companies that all of their moves are unquestionably correct?

If so, that's completely untrue.
Deuce

Postby Deuce » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:14 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Deuce wrote:
That's kind of a reach in my opinion. Everyone goes to the movies more because they have Moviepass. Before, I went to the movies maybe twice a year. So, let's say my local AMC got $27 a year from me. Now, I've been to like 8 movies in the last 3 or so months. I never would have seen Game Night, Jumanji, or The 15:17 to Paris in theaters.

Plus, since my ticket is virtually free, I actually will pick up things from the concession stand from time to time. So that's $108 plus say, $20 for concessions, $128 in 3 months vs $27 a year.

If Moviepass goes away, I'll go back to my twice a year habit. But AMC sounds like they're fully on board now and they've added Landmark Theaters. Also, they don't really have the option of "not supporting Moviepass". Moviepass cards are just reloadable Mastercard debit cards. So they'd have to stop taking Mastercard altogether which just wouldn't happen. The worst they can do is things like deny access to rewards and such.

Moviepass is bleeding money. Unless things change they will go under. AMC and the like aren't worried about losing people like you who only went to 2 movies per year. They are worried about their regulars getting used to something like Moviepass, then that goes under, and they lose those customers. It's not that difficult to see why they would be weary of something like that.

That is why AMC and other movie companies are releasing similar solutions in the near future.

Well, again, they don't have any option of denying Moviepass. And most cities have 2-3 theater options. Are you saying it's smart to be the one in town that gives Moviepass users a hard time?
Deuce

Postby Kress » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Deuce wrote:
What the hell are you talking about? Are you trying to say that since Sony/Universal are successful companies that all of their moves are unquestionably correct?

If you're trying to say that flamingos speak fluent bunny rabbit, that is equally untrue. It is also equally relevant.
Kress

Postby Deuce » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Kress wrote:
Deuce wrote:

If you're trying to say that flamingos speak fluent bunny rabbit, that is equally untrue. It is also equally relevant.

Any chance you can clarify? The post I quoted was pretty confusing and I just tried to attach some meaning to it.
Deuce

Postby Noles1724 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:29 pm

50%?
Noles1724

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon May 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Noles1724 wrote:50%?

Savage.
Mountaineer Buc

Previous

Return to Off Topic