No votes
Dr. Strange
No votes
Bucky Barnes
3%

Total votes : 29

Avengers Infinity War Death Pool

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:47 am

Who isn't making it out of IW alive? You can choose two.
DreadNaught

Re: Avengers Infinity War Death Pool

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Great thread ..predictions should be posted with spoilers .. as to who goes first .. and how far in.
Crocaneers

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:14 pm

My prediction of first to go

Spoiler:
Ant Man .. first 20 minutes .. I mean.. he was on Friends .. it's Paul Freakin Rudd
Crocaneers

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Crocaneers wrote:My prediction of first to go

Spoiler:
Ant Man .. first 20 minutes .. I mean.. he was on Friends .. it's Paul Freakin Rudd

Spoiler:
He's signed on for another Ant Man, I'm pretty positive he will survive

The key to is look at their contracts. Some of them expire after this movie and some after next movie. Doesn't mean they will die, but people with additional future movies will likely live, unless they

Spoiler:
Have Gamora bring everyone back with the gaunlet like in the comics
uscbucsfan

Postby Super K » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:25 pm

Spoilers?.... seriously Croc?!..

Son of a ****...

I'm gonna PM you my dude and you can post under a spoiler ya freakin nerd...

I JUST figured out how to post pics for the damn mock draft!!!!
Super K

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:40 pm

I predict Loki will be the first main character to die.

Spoiler:
There is good reason to believe that IW starts off where the post credits scene of Thor Ragnarok left off with Thanos's ship intercepting the ship carrying Thor, Hulk, Loki and the Asgardians. Thanos will get the Space stone (Tesseract) from Loki and then kill him. Hulk gets sent back to Earth to warn the others and Thor ends up in space where he's picked up by the GotG (as seen in trailers).

fwiw I also think I think Heimdall will also die in the same scene early in the movie. But I didn't list him in the poll
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:29 pm

THIS IS NOT WHAT THE SPOILER TAG IS FOR. That's gonna mess everything up when people start to post actual spoilers. What you think will happen or what happened in the movie that came out 3 months ago are not spoilers.

Vision is almost a sure thing as far as I'm concerned. Besides that, I think any of the old guard is ready to go, Iron Man, Cap, Hulk and Thor. I think Loki could die, too.
Deuce

Postby Super K » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Deuce wrote:THIS IS NOT WHAT THE SPOILER TAG IS FOR. That's gonna mess everything up when people start to post actual spoilers. What you think will happen or what happened in the movie that came out 3 months ago are not spoilers.

Vision is almost a sure thing as far as I'm concerned. Besides that, I think any of the old guard is ready to go, Iron Man, Cap, Hulk and Thor. I think Loki could die, too.

If Hulk dies then **** Marvel....Hulk is so damn strong and powerful he could/can take on Thanos by himself..

Now, if they get rid of Hulk by killing Banner...ok, I'll give you that one...
Super K

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Deuce wrote:THIS IS NOT WHAT THE SPOILER TAG IS FOR.

Spoiler:
You don't make the rules for the spoiler tag :birdiedoublered:

DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Super K wrote:
Deuce wrote:THIS IS NOT WHAT THE SPOILER TAG IS FOR. That's gonna mess everything up when people start to post actual spoilers. What you think will happen or what happened in the movie that came out 3 months ago are not spoilers.

If Hulk dies then **** Marvel....Hulk is so damn strong and powerful he could/can take on Thanos by himself..

Pretty sure Hulk will die. I think he's got 1 movie left "borrowed" from Universal.
uscbucsfan

Postby RedLeader » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Crocaneers wrote:My prediction of first to go

Spoiler:

Lol. I seem to remember him more for Clueless for some reason.

When he was tryng out the heart-throb route.
RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Hmm. We can only pick two?
RedLeader

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:40 pm

Super K wrote:

Hulk can’t do **** against the Infinity Gauntlet with just one stone in it.
PrimeMinister

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:43 pm

RedLeader wrote:Hmm. We can only pick two?

THIS!

I am calling FIVE
Crocaneers

Postby Deuce » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:09 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Deuce wrote:THIS IS NOT WHAT THE SPOILER TAG IS FOR.

Spoiler:

I hope someone sees the movie before you and posts spoilers and you think it's predictions and click on it. :birdiedoublered:
Deuce

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:11 pm

I think no one die but Captain America in IW

75 percent of avengers will die in Avengers 4
Phantom Phenom

Postby Super K » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:17 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Super K wrote:

Crazy talk man...

Maybe in this version of Hulk because Marvel pussed him out so much.... basically just big strong oaf...gets whooped by Hulkbuster armor, gets whooped by Thor in the fight ring in Ragnarok...

But the real Hulk is damn near invincible....hell, with 1 step he nearly caved in the whole seaboard (can't remember if East or West)...
Super K

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:24 pm

Super K wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Crazy talk man...

Maybe in this version of Hulk because Marvel pussed him out so much.... basically just big strong oaf...gets whooped by Hulkbuster armor, gets whooped by Thor in the fight ring in Ragnarok...

But the real Hulk is damn near invincible....hell, with 1 step he nearly caved in the whole seaboard (can't remember if East or West)...

I read a lot of comics growing up. Even WW Hulk is no match for Thanos or Odinforce Thor. Hulk is strong, but he can't mess with an IG, which could make him never born, wipe him out of the universe, etc.

I loved Hulk growing up, but he was never one of the more powerful Marvel beings.

edit: I looked it up and while Thanos was weary of Hulk without IG, he's slapped him around a few times (literally) without the gauntlet. With the gauntlet, he's almost unstoppable outside of a handful of Marvel characters....none who are Hulk.
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:55 pm

Deuce wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Spoiler:

I hope someone sees the movie before you and posts spoilers and you think it's predictions and click on it. :birdiedoublered:

I won't be clicking on spoiler tags or even getting on any type of social media come Thursday until I see the movie on Friday so I avoid spoilers.

Spoiler:
:birdiedoublered:
DreadNaught

Postby Super K » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:52 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Super K wrote:
Crazy talk man...

I read a lot of comics growing up. Even WW Hulk is no match for Thanos or Odinforce Thor. Hulk is strong, but he can't mess with an IG, which could make him never born, wipe him out of the universe, etc.

I loved Hulk growing up, but he was never one of the more powerful Marvel beings.

edit: I looked it up and while Thanos was weary of Hulk without IG, he's slapped him around a few times (literally) without the gauntlet. With the gauntlet, he's almost unstoppable outside of a handful of Marvel characters....none who are Hulk.

I looked up a bunch of stuff too...

But I don't wanna derail...

Anyway, I don't wanna see my man Hulk die...

Vision is toast...so is Iron Man...Cap, however, will walk away and lay down his shield, Bucky will pick it up..

Spidey won't get the screen time he deserves because **** Marvel..

BP and Wakanda will say "you aint got to go home, but ya got to get the hell outta here!" After opening their walls to help...
Super K

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:57 pm

Super K wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I read a lot of comics growing up. Even WW Hulk is no match for Thanos or Odinforce Thor. Hulk is strong, but he can't mess with an IG, which could make him never born, wipe him out of the universe, etc.

I looked up a bunch of stuff too...

But I don't wanna derail...

Anyway, I don't wanna see my man Hulk die...

Vision is toast...so is Iron Man...Cap, however, will walk away and lay down his shield, Bucky will pick it up..

Spidey won't get the screen time he deserves because **** Marvel..

BP and Wakanda will say "you aint got to go home, but ya got to get the hell outta here!" After opening their walls to help...

Marvel doesn't own Spiderman or Hulk btw. Sony still financed and received the money for Spiderman:Homecoming. Marvel Studios made it in exchange to use Spiderman in Avengers. I believe they have him for 3 more movies after IW. As I said the contracts are an important factor unless my spoiler comes true.

Universal owns Hulk which is why Marvel can't make a Hulk standalone movie. I believe Hulk/Ruffalo's contract is over after IW part 1.
uscbucsfan

Postby Super K » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:07 pm

Oh, I know USC...

When I say **** Marvel, it's in lower case..

But when I say **** Sony, it's all caps..

Case in point; a Venom movie with no Spiderman...

Ridiculous...
Super K

Postby Deuce » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:46 am

Super K wrote:Oh, I know USC...

When I say **** Marvel, it's in lower case..

But when I say **** Sony, it's all caps..

Case in point; a Venom movie with no Spiderman...

Ridiculous...

I don't know why companies behave this way. Do they hate money? If it was me, I'd be like "Yeah, use our characters all you want! But we get a cut..."
Deuce

Postby Kress » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:56 am

Deuce wrote:
I don't know why companies behave this way. Do they hate money? If it was me, I'd be like "Yeah, use our characters all you want! But we get a cut..."

So they've made a movie that is apparently interesting enough to spawn a hypothetical death pool discussion thread on a football message board, which heavily involves talk about the use of spoilers given the overwhelming anticipation, and at the same time they've left you clamoring for more given what they could do in the future with collaboration.

Yeah. Sounds like they've screwed this one up.

On topic: I have no clue. I'm not into this stuff, so I just offed a couple of names I don't recognize.
Kress

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:04 am

Kress wrote:On topic: I have no clue. I'm not into this stuff

DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 am

Kress wrote:
Deuce wrote:

So they've made a movie that is apparently interesting enough to spawn a hypothetical death pool discussion thread on a football message board, which heavily involves talk about the use of spoilers given the overwhelming anticipation, and at the same time they've left you clamoring for more given what they could do in the future with collaboration.

On topic: I have no clue. I'm not into this stuff, so I just offed a couple of names I don't recognize.

You're pretty far off on this one. First, this movie and all of these movies are made by Disney. The company I was referring to was Sony. Sony and I think Universal are keeping their characters from being in more Marvel/Disney movies. Also, I'm not clamoring for it. I've never read a comic and have only gotten into this line of movies, so if there's no Spiderman, so be it. I just think it's dumb, objectively.

My last example of "does that company hate money?" was AMC theaters having a vendetta against Moviepass. Moviepass customers pay $10 a month and can see a movie every day if they want. Moviepass pays the theater full price for the ticket, but AMC still said it "cheapened the experience" and was against it. They tried to deny Moviepass cards and disallowed Moviepass customers from being rewards members. Well, surprise surprise, they finally came around a couple of weeks ago. btw, I have Moviepass and it's awesome.
Deuce

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:13 am

Deuce wrote:
Kress wrote:

My last example of "does that company hate money?" was AMC theaters having a vendetta against Moviepass. Moviepass customers pay $10 a month and can see a movie every day if they want. Moviepass pays the theater full price for the ticket, but AMC still said it "cheapened the experience" and was against it. They tried to deny Moviepass cards and disallowed Moviepass customers from being rewards members. Well, surprise surprise, they finally came around a couple of weeks ago. btw, I have Moviepass and it's awesome.

It's more complicated than that. Moviepass lost 150 million in 2017 and is taking more losses this year. The movie theaters worry that Moviepass will go under and they will be responsible for providing movies for cheap or audiences will completely abandon the theater. It's a legitimate concern. If you were paying $10 per month to see movies and that went away, would you be less likely to see a single movie for more than $10?

The movie theaters have opted in temporarily, but don't be shock if (especially AMC) has their own service and stops supporting movie pass in the near future.
uscbucsfan

Postby Deuce » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:36 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Deuce wrote:

It's more complicated than that. Moviepass lost 150 million in 2017 and is taking more losses this year. The movie theaters worry that Moviepass will go under and they will be responsible for providing movies for cheap or audiences will completely abandon the theater. It's a legitimate concern. If you were paying $10 per month to see movies and that went away, would you be less likely to see a single movie for more than $10?

The movie theaters have opted in temporarily, but don't be shock if (especially AMC) has their own service and stops supporting movie pass in the near future.

That's kind of a reach in my opinion. Everyone goes to the movies more because they have Moviepass. Before, I went to the movies maybe twice a year. So, let's say my local AMC got $27 a year from me. Now, I've been to like 8 movies in the last 3 or so months. I never would have seen Game Night, Jumanji, or The 15:17 to Paris in theaters.

Plus, since my ticket is virtually free, I actually will pick up things from the concession stand from time to time. So that's $108 plus say, $20 for concessions, $128 in 3 months vs $27 a year.

If Moviepass goes away, I'll go back to my twice a year habit. But AMC sounds like they're fully on board now and they've added Landmark Theaters. Also, they don't really have the option of "not supporting Moviepass". Moviepass cards are just reloadable Mastercard debit cards. So they'd have to stop taking Mastercard altogether which just wouldn't happen. The worst they can do is things like deny access to rewards and such.
Deuce

Postby Kress » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Deuce wrote:You're pretty far off on this one. First, this movie and all of these movies are made by Disney. The company I was referring to was Sony. Sony and I think Universal are keeping their characters from being in more Marvel/Disney movies. Also, I'm not clamoring for it. I've never read a comic and have only gotten into this line of movies.

No..... I'm pretty sure that I'm not far off. Also, thanks for reinforcing the point. Re-read what you just wrote, as well as the rest of the discussion that ensued. Now the talk is about how to best get to the content they're producing?
Kress

Postby Kress » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:13 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Kress wrote:On topic: I have no clue. I'm not into this stuff

My bad.
Kress

Next

Return to Off Topic