Last Movie You Watched?

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby Super K » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:35 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Gonna watch The Ritual tonight. Preview looks good.

That's next on my list!
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:03 pm

Super K wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Gonna watch The Ritual tonight. Preview looks good.

That's next on my list!

I'd say it was pretty good. Enjoyed the tone of it(natural, with humour, but dark and real), the acting, the setup, and the atmosphere of it, though my criticisms are...

Spoiler:
the final act was disappointing, monster was kind of silly looking, and that whole thing was incredibly unrealistic which took away from the realism that made it so good to start with
real bucs fan

Postby Caradoc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:52 pm

IchabodCrane84 wrote:Just watched Train to Busan on Netflix. It doesn't replace Sunday football, but its definitely a legit zombie movie. Highly recommend to those who can bare subtitles.

Yeah, that was a good one.
Caradoc

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:40 am

Let me know if anyone sees Annihilation .. I hear "best of the sci fi offerings in a while" .. but you all are better reviewers :)
Crocaneers

Postby Deuce » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:10 am

Went to see Black Panther Saturday but it was sold out. Since we have Moviepass, we saw 15:17 to Paris.

It was okay. The actual people played themselves. I wish I would have known that at the beginning, because it excuses their bad acting, imo. Also, they had to build an entire movie out of a 10-minute event, so most of it is filler. The dialogue when they are children is awful. A like 12-year-old kid gets done playing with airsoft guns and says "there's something about war...the brotherhood." What 12-year old talks like that? Anyway, to sum it up, the actual event was cool and I like the guys playing themselves but they're not good actors and there is a ton of filler. I'll give it a C.
Deuce

Postby Wharf Rat » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Finally got around to seeing the Last Jedi. Best Star Wars movie I’ve seen in 34 years.
Wharf Rat

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:29 am

Wharf Rat wrote:Finally got around to seeing the Last Jedi. Best Star Wars movie I’ve seen in 34 years.

We have a new theater and they are showing Last Jedi in RPX (and 65 foot screen). I may go for the 4th viewing. I still don't get the criticism I have heard and read.
Crocaneers

Postby Deuce » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:47 am

Ready Player One

If you just go watch it without even knowing what it is, you'll like it. There are a couple of flaws but it's pretty good. If you're a movie critic or read the book, I can't guarantee anything. Tons of random 80's and 90's references and a lot of really well done CGI.

This was one of those movies where it was awesome watching with a crowd.
Spoiler:
One of the characters says something like "I take the form of...Gundam." and there was a collective gasp in the audience. I didn't know Gundam was that big of a deal, never watched it. There's another part where the main character hold up a fist, "black power" style. Some of the young boys in the audience decided to join him. They'll cringe at that memory in a few years but for now, it was cute.
Deuce

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:51 am

A Quiet Place

Exceedingly captivating with some grisly scenes.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Super K » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:41 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:A Quiet Place

Excited to see this one!

BUT, with Infinity Wars coming, think I'm gonna wait a bit considering I have to be pre-approved for a loan to take the family to the movies...

**** you ticket prices...
Super K

Postby deltbucs » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:00 am

EastBayBucsFan wrote:I rarely eat at McDonald's but I thought The Founder was a pretty good movie. Pretty interesting how Ray Kroc turned McDonald's into what it is today, and how he fucked over the McDonald's brothers to do it.

I watched it on a flight last summer and thought it was pretty good, too. I happened to watch another docudrama (I guess you would call it) in the same series of flights over the summer, coincidentally also starting Michael Keaton....Spotlight. Spotlight was a damn good movie.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:09 am

Deuce wrote:Ready Player One

If you just go watch it without even knowing what it is, you'll like it. There are a couple of flaws but it's pretty good. If you're a movie critic or read the book, I can't guarantee anything. Tons of random 80's and 90's references and a lot of really well done CGI.

Spoiler:
One of the characters says something like "I take the form of...Gundam." and there was a collective gasp in the audience. I didn't know Gundam was that big of a deal, never watched it. There's another part where the main character hold up a fist, "black power" style. Some of the young boys in the audience decided to join him. They'll cringe at that memory in a few years but for now, it was cute.

I saw this last weekend. I had no idea what it was even about when I went to see it. Disclaimer...I don't care much for this type of movie. I'm mostly interested in either comedy or documentaries. It really didn't do much for me. I kind of checked out early on...

Spoiler:
When all they had to do to get the first key was drive backwards, I kind of checked out. That's the type of thing I'd get bored and do in a video game as a kid. We're supposed to believe that this races has been done millions (billions?) of times and no one tried that? That was just lazy and lacking creativity.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:15 am

Watched the documentary Cancer Can Be Killed last night. Just came across it scrolling through documentaries on the Fire Stick (it's free with Prime). I thought it was very interesting. I wasn't too big on the last 20 minutes or so with the doc from FL....it was too sales pitchy. I'd recommend people watch it and research the subject.

https://medium.com/@jeffwitzeman/cancer ... 76c4f50695
deltbucs

Postby Deuce » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:10 am

deltbucs wrote:
Deuce wrote:Ready Player One

Spoiler:

I saw this last weekend. I had no idea what it was even about when I went to see it. Disclaimer...I don't care much for this type of movie. I'm mostly interested in either comedy or documentaries. It really didn't do much for me. I kind of checked out early on...

Spoiler:
When all they had to do to get the first key was drive backwards, I kind of checked out. That's the type of thing I'd get bored and do in a video game as a kid. We're supposed to believe that this races has been done millions (billions?) of times and no one tried that? That was just lazy and lacking creativity.

Spoiler:
Apparently, the driving backwards thing was taken from some racing video game where it was possible to cheat by doing so.

But with all of the issues this movie had, that's what you had a problem with? I didn't have a problem with that part and if I did, it'd be like the 56th thing on my list.
Deuce

Postby Buc2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:05 am

I saw it Saturday. One of the best alien/horror flicks since Alien imo. Excellent performances by all the cast. I like that the director was willing to rely on the audiences intelligence to understand the significance of certain scenes. The ending, while a bit abrupt, was actually well played.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby deltbucs » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:28 am

Deuce wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I saw this last weekend. I had no idea what it was even about when I went to see it. Disclaimer...I don't care much for this type of movie. I'm mostly interested in either comedy or documentaries. It really didn't do much for me. I kind of checked out early on...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Apparently, the driving backwards thing was taken from some racing video game where it was possible to cheat by doing so.

But with all of the issues this movie had, that's what you had a problem with? I didn't have a problem with that part and if I did, it'd be like the 56th thing on my list.

That wasn't my biggest issue. That was the first big issue that made me kind of check out.
deltbucs

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Buc2 wrote:

I saw it Saturday. One of the best alien/horror flicks since Alien imo. Excellent performances by all the cast. I like that the director was willing to rely on the audiences intelligence to understand the significance of certain scenes. The ending, while a bit abrupt, was actually well played.

The director was Jim Halpert, of course he knew his audience's intelligence! Probably looked at them several times by deadpanning the camera several times too.
IchabodCrane84

Postby Deuce » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:42 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Deuce wrote:
Spoiler:

That wasn't my biggest issue. That was the first big issue that made me kind of check out.

Gotcha. Honestly, the basis for the whole plot of the movie is kind of dumb. But I knew that going in. I also have Moviepass, so I went and I enjoyed it.
Deuce

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:44 pm

I watched Ingmar Bergman's "The Seventh Seal".

Old black and white (RACIST!!!) morality play....pretty good
Zarniwoop

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Finally watched 'The Last Jedi'.

I thought it sucked. Easily the worst SW movie I've seen.
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:20 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Finally watched 'The Last Jedi'.

well **** YOU buddy!

:D
beardmcdoug

Postby Super K » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Hahahahaha.....
Super K

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Seriously???

Spoiler:
Crocaneers

Postby Phantom Phenom » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:59 pm

Crocaneers wrote:

Seriously???

Spoiler:

Yes seriously
Phantom Phenom

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:18 pm

I'm legitimately interested in why .. I have heard some points, but interested in what are the factors of what made it "the worst".

Appreciate the feedback.
Crocaneers

Postby Wharf Rat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:22 pm

How is it worse than Episodes 1,2,3, and 7?

Episodes 1, 2, and 3 has to be the gayest **** I’ve seen.
Wharf Rat

Postby deltbucs » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Is that the one where Captain Spork saves Battlestar Galactica from Dark Vader?
deltbucs

Postby MJW » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:27 am

Just watched "Paterno."

They should have burned that program to the ground, salted the earth, and had an army of holy men sanctify it.

And yes, I know that's how you get Lil' BJ.
MJW

Postby terrytate » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:14 am

MJW wrote:Just watched "Paterno."

They should have burned that program to the ground, salted the earth, and had an army of holy men sanctify it.

I said the same thing at the time. If ever there was a call for a permanent Death Penalty, there it was. Nice to know that the NCAA only cares if it's gambling or recruiting violations.
terrytate

Postby MJW » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:49 am

terrytate wrote:
MJW wrote:Just watched "Paterno."

I said the same thing at the time. If ever there was a call for a permanent Death Penalty, there it was. Nice to know that the NCAA only cares if it's gambling or recruiting violations.

Just based on what we can reasonably posit to be fact in regards to what they knew....it's amazing they were playing football the next season.

But yeah, kid splits a check at IHOP with a booster, here comes the NCAA forensics team.
MJW

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic