Solo: A Star Wars Story

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:27 pm

That was what initially turned me off while watching the previews.

I think he did a fantastic job.

A pleasant surprise.
VauntedTampa2

Postby Crocaneers » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:47 pm

RedLeader wrote:All i wanna know is.. was that actor able to pull off Han?

It took a little bit, I'll admit that. You can't look at the physical. All I'll say without given everything away. You all of a sudden start thinking it's really Han Solo (at least IMO)
Crocaneers

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:49 am

Crocaneers wrote:
RedLeader wrote:All i wanna know is.. was that actor able to pull off Han?

It took a little bit, I'll admit that. You can't look at the physical. All I'll say without given everything away. You all of a sudden start thinking it's really Han Solo (at least IMO)

Critics are saying he took the role, made it his own and ran with it, mostly with good results.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:38 am

Buc2 wrote:
Miller4Prez64 wrote:
No, he didn't. My reason being is, his whole shtick in the original trilogy was he was the selfish ***hole who learned to do the right thing. So this origin movie is just focused on a young selfish ***hole long before he grows into the character people loved? No thanks, there are a lot more Star Wars characters I would've loved to see expanded on long before Han Solo.

I think the focus will be on how he came to be who he was when we first found him in Episode IV. Where/how did he get his piloting skills? How did he meet and become friends with Chewbacca and Lando. What formed him into the man that was willing to give up profit for the right cause when the time came? Sci-fi. Better yet, space sci-fi. Yes, thanks. On top of all that, Han just died a couple episodes ago. People loved his character. As such, of course the showrunners are going to want to do a Han Solo feature. If it were my franchise, I damn sure would. While they have to please the fans, they also want to make money. Han Solo will make them money.

Not quite. They made a movie fans didn’t want and it’s a financial disappointment. Fans spoke with their wallets.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:34 am

Without seeing Solo yet my curious observation based on reactions is that people I talk to say good things about this Solo movie, but the critics and box office don't seem to line up with that. Inversely, the critics and box office loved The Last Jedi and even TFA. even though I though both of those movies were pretty meh. I just re-watched The Last Jedi on the plane back from Athens and didn't like it any better the 2nd time.

I'll go watch Solo this this weekend and see whats up.
DreadNaught

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:50 pm

I enjoyed the movie. Donald Glover was a fantastic Lando, and the movie had the cheesy nods to franchise that I like. “I’ve got a good feeling about this.”
Ken Carson

Postby Stuart » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:16 pm

wife and daughter saw it. said it wasn't that good.

I've seen all the previous ones.....star wars was never big for me, but they lost me on the last movie....
Stuart

Postby The Outsider » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:20 pm

Dude owned Han like Ledger owned Joker. And of course Donald Glover was a fantastic Lando. Everything that guy does is gold.
The Outsider

Previous

Return to Off Topic