Vegan: The great debate.

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Vegan: The great debate.

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Buc2 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Meh I like chicks that look healthy. And by healthy I mean actually in good health, not "healthy".

Me too.

You don't think Morgan Mitchell and Tia Blanco look healthy? Both are professional athletes. When I think skinny unhealthy I think Keira Knightley...
real bucs fan

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Morgan Mitchell looks good. Tia Blanco just isn’t hot to me.
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:49 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Me too.

You don't think Morgan Mitchell and Tia Blanco look healthy? Both are professional athletes. When I think skinny unhealthy I think Keira Knightley...

Naw. Morgan Mitchell definitely looks healthy. I'm just more for curves on a woman is all. That's just my tastes, which have changed over the years.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Don't let your babies grow up to be vegans.

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Teitan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:42 pm

About to cook up some ribeyes in honor (honour?) of RBF.

Vegans,

eggs: yes or no? And why?
Teitan

Postby Heidguy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:50 pm

Teitan wrote:About to cook up some ribeyes in honor (honour?) of RBF.

Vegans,

Yes, because I'm not a vegan. Sunny side up please and thank you.
Heidguy

Postby Caradoc » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:06 pm

Teitan wrote:About to cook up some ribeyes in honor (honour?) of RBF.

Vegans,

vegans say no.

becuz vegan
Caradoc

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:59 pm

cuz eggs are the periods of a bird...
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:53 am

real bucs fan wrote:cuz eggs are the periods of a bird...

Posted on January 16, 2016 by veganbiologist

A conversational strategy used by many vegans is to attempt to disgust the person who is eating animal products by describing what it actually is. That is a fair point that one should be aware of what one eats. I honestly think it’s quite scary how oblivious people generally seem to be about their food. Which is usually exposed when discussing what vegans eat and do not eat with non-vegans. There are several different opinions on which strategy works best and one has to reflect on which strategy works in every given social circumstance. But, please stay to what is true. An egg of a hen is not menstruation or period.

{snip}

As people seem to be inadequately educated I guess it might sometimes come a legitimate opportunity to inform people what they are eating. But then it’s important to be correct. We all know for example that meat is muscle tissue of animals – that is correct. But, referring to eggs as menstruation is not. Birds have a different reproduction cycle than animals that have menstruation. The similarity is that both the laying of eggs and menstruation is a way of the body to get rid of an unfertilized egg, but in birds the egg is laid regardless if it is fertilised or not, and humans do not lay eggs at all. Additionally, menstruation is specifically defined by the discharge of the endometrium, something that just doesn’t happen in birds.

REFERENCES
Hedges, S. B., Dudley, J., & Kumar, S. (2006). TimeTree: A public knowledge-base of divergence times among organisms. Bioinformatics, 22(23), 2971–2972. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/btl505

Sherwood, L., Klandorf, H., & Yancey, P. (2005). Animal Physiology: From Genes to Organisms. Thomson /Brooks/Cole. Peter Marshall.

Time Tree. (n.d.). Retrieved January 16, 2016, from http://www.timetree.org/search/pairwise/homo sapiens/red junglefowl
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:48 am

Damn!
PrimeMinister

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:02 pm

lol call it what you want, it's a discharged unfertilized egg that exits a chickens vagina.
real bucs fan

Postby Teitan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:09 pm

real bucs fan wrote:lol call it what you want, it's a discharged unfertilized egg that exits a chickens vagina.

So you don’t eat them because they’re “icky”?
Teitan

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:33 pm

real bucs fan wrote:lol call it what you want, it's a discharged unfertilized egg that exits a chickens vagina.

This is a very dogmatic way of thinking and it's why people tease vegans for cult-like behavior.

If you like eating vegan more power to you. There are plenty of reasons for it without needing to intentionally misrepresent science to fit an agenda. That is what extreme ideologues do.
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:50 pm

Teitan wrote:

He doesn't eat them because he's scared of vaginas.
NYBF

Postby Selmon Rules » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:55 pm

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that birds don't have what we would call a vagina, I think the proper term is "vent".... And it changes nothing for me cause I'm familiar with where my food comes from and still want my 4 egg omelette with ham and cheese from Skillets.

Side note: Skillets has the best bacon on earth
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:14 pm

Teitan wrote:

There are a few reasons, the most obvious one being what happens to male chicks born into the industry being ground up alive:

real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:16 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

This is a very dogmatic way of thinking and it's why people tease vegans for cult-like behavior.

If you like eating vegan more power to you. There are plenty of reasons for it without needing to intentionally misrepresent science to fit an agenda. That is what extreme ideologues do.

How would you scientifically describe it? It's an egg... discharged... through the chickens "vent" or whatever... I mean that's what it is?
real bucs fan

Postby Teitan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:41 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Teitan wrote:

There are a few reasons, the most obvious one being what happens to male chicks born into the industry being ground up alive:

I didn’t ask you about factory farming.

If you had a free range chicken living in your backyard, eating healthy and laying eggs. What reason, other than “yucky!” Would you not eat the egg?
Teitan

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:47 pm

Teitan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:There are a few reasons, the most obvious one being what happens to male chicks born into the industry being ground up alive:

If you had a free range chicken living in your backyard, eating healthy and laying eggs. What reason, other than “yucky!” Would you not eat the egg?

lol who has free range chickens living in their backyard? If I did, maybe? I dunno, I'm pretty sure that's not even legal in my city. regardless, that's the biggest reason I don't eat eggs, and that's where the eggs you buy in the store and restaurants come from, even "free ranged". In fact, that's considered "humane".
real bucs fan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:23 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Teitan wrote:

lol who has free range chickens living in their backyard? If I did, maybe? I dunno, I'm pretty sure that's not even legal in my city. regardless, that's the biggest reason I don't eat eggs, and that's where the eggs you buy in the store and restaurants come from, even "free ranged". In fact, that's considered "humane".

I've raised chickens and hope to again. Best damned eggs I ever had and my bitches loved me.

And chickens dont have vaginas. Its called a cloaca.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:28 pm

NYBF wrote:
Teitan wrote:

He doesn't eat them because he's scared of vaginas.

113% of vegans prefer **** to vagina
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:30 pm

NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:59 pm

NYBF wrote:Not all heroes wear capes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/foo ... he-window/

Lol. Savage.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Super K » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:47 am

So question for you guys... anybody ever tried the Keto-diet?..my sis just had a baby in December and is using this diet to help her get rid of the baby weight and it's melting off..I've read about it some, wanted to get some other opinions..
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:16 am

Super K wrote:So question for you guys... anybody ever tried the Keto-diet?..my sis just had a baby in December and is using this diet to help her get rid of the baby weight and it's melting off..I've read about it some, wanted to get some other opinions..

Weight loss is really just about calories in vs calories out.
real bucs fan

Postby Deuce » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:21 am

Super K wrote:So question for you guys... anybody ever tried the Keto-diet?..my sis just had a baby in December and is using this diet to help her get rid of the baby weight and it's melting off..I've read about it some, wanted to get some other opinions..

Yes! I normally eat pretty close to keto anyway but did the full thing for about a month. I'm 6'3 and usually 175, but got down to my lowest weight on keto at about 168. I stopped because I play a lot of full court basketball and I was running out of energy really quickly. I probably should have kept going but I got tired of missing out on basketball. I did pick up some good habits that I keep to this day like no sweets, no sugar in my coffee, tea, etc.

I recommend it if you don't do crazy hard exercise but it's hard to stick to long term.
Deuce

Postby Rocker » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:50 am

real bucs fan wrote:

Weight loss is really just about calories in vs calories out.

Mind blown
Rocker

Postby uscbucsfan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:06 pm

Rocker wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Weight loss is really just about calories in vs calories out.

Mind blown

It may be simplistic, but it's better than diets such as the Keto-diet, etc. Diets as a construct are never a good idea. Any time you are going to temporarily eat like "x", will almost always result in a regression from any sort of results once said diet ends. If you want to lose weight and stay healthy you need to change how you eat and your lifestyle. Make it a habit for the long term and most people who do this, simply count calories, which will usually result in healthier eating.

To Duece, outside of a teenager or young person in their 20s, I can't fathom anyone who is 6'3" and 170 or lighter being all that healthy. I guess it's subjective, but muscle mass, health, density, and elasticity all plays into being healthy as well. I'm 6'2" and I'm around 200 pounds with 8% body fat (depending on the season) and I consider myself a bit too skinny. It's different for everyone and I mean no offense, but being around the same height 168 sounds borderline anorexic.
uscbucsfan

Postby Super K » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:14 pm

I've done the count calories thing...and it has worked pretty damn well...

But I was looking at Keto as more of a lifestyle change with the added benefit of losing weight..

I'm about 6'2" and weigh in at 260 right now...I'd love, flat out love to get back to a solid 240...
Super K

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:19 pm

NYBF wrote:Not all heroes wear capes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/foo ... he-window/

He says “**** you” like an American.
PrimeMinister

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic