Do you even Cryptocurrency, bro?

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Do you even Cryptocurrency, bro?

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:34 am

I've been trading for a few weeks now and the market for alt coins has been crazy good. I keep investing more in it and every time I do, I wish I would have put more the last time. It's very volatile, but it's growing so much right now and there's so much money entering the market, it seems like you can't lose.
Who else is in? Who has questions?
deltbucs

Re: Do you even Cryptocurrency, bro?

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:02 am

How easy is it to convert cryptocurrency to cash?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:04 am

You get all the sheep herded up before you do the daily slaughter.

In order for there to be a winner, you must first gather up the losers.
mdb1958

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:15 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:How easy is it to convert cryptocurrency to cash?

It's not too tough. Pretty much as easy as putting it in. I honestly haven't done it yet. I have some friends that have pulled out thousands with no issue. I'm still making my last investments into the market and I'm planning to pull some back out at the end of the month. That's my target.
deltbucs

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:26 am

deltbucs wrote:

It's not too tough. Pretty much as easy as putting it in. I honestly haven't done it yet. I have some friends that have pulled out thousands with no issue. I'm still making my last investments into the market and I'm planning to pull some back out at the end of the month. That's my target.

It's volatility makes it hard to sell in mass. Programs like coinbase set daily limits on selling as low as $2,500 which can be up to $15,000. I've read of people who invest a ton have limits up to $50,000.00 It's also a pain because it takes time to process the transaction and the price could fall in that time. I sold litecoin when it was at 356, but the time my transaction completed it was down to 342. Not a big deal, but I felt like I was robbed of money.
uscbucsfan

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:32 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
deltbucs wrote:It's not too tough. Pretty much as easy as putting it in. I honestly haven't done it yet. I have some friends that have pulled out thousands with no issue. I'm still making my last investments into the market and I'm planning to pull some back out at the end of the month. That's my target.

It's volatility makes it hard to sell in mass. Programs like coinbase set daily limits on selling as low as $2,500 which can be up to $15,000. I've read of people who invest a ton have limits up to $50,000.00 It's also a pain because it takes time to process the transaction and the price could fall in that time. I sold litecoin when it was at 356, but the time my transaction completed it was down to 342. Not a big deal, but I felt like I was robbed of money.

Actually, buys and sells are pretty much instant. You should be setting the sell price when you sell and not just selling at market value. What can take some time, however, is transferring between exchanges/wallets.
deltbucs

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:42 am

deltbucs wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Actually, buys and sells are pretty much instant. You should be setting the sell price when you sell and not just selling at market value. What can take some time, however, is transferring between exchanges/wallets.

There must have been gilitches, because after it happen to me I found some reddit threads complaining about the same thing.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:54 am

The criticism I had read (specifically on bitcoin) was that it was difficult to to turn into cash. It really made the whole thing seem like a scam.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:46 am

For example us in coinbase I sold some of my coin the other day. It took like 3 days to transfer to my bank account, kept the same value in those 3 days, and took hitting about 3 buttons.

Bitcoin is pretty awesome. But I'd be looking more in to Ethereum right now. I got in to Bitcoin early luckily, but right now it's honestly too expensive to he worth the volatility.
The Outsider

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:54 am

Attention all sheep!

Refer to mdb's post.
mdb1958

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:58 am

I sold bitcoin last month through Coinbase. It took maybe 3 butting clicks and I had my money 3 days later.

My sell price was unaffected by the market during those 3 days waiting to receive the money. You’re locked in once you click “sell”.
PrimeMinister

Postby RedLeader » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:01 am

The Outsider wrote:For example us in coinbase I sold some of my coin the other day. It took like 3 days to transfer to my bank account, kept the same value in those 3 days, and took hitting about 3 buttons.

Bitcoin is pretty awesome. But I'd be looking more in to Ethereum right now. I got in to Bitcoin early luckily, but right now it's honestly too expensive to he worth the volatility.

Congrats on getting in on bitcoin early!

Etherium is good, but Ripple is still hella cheap and now trading on Coinbase as well. Should see a pop.

I’ll add more to the thread later on as well.
RedLeader

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:07 am

RedLeader wrote:
The Outsider wrote:For example us in coinbase I sold some of my coin the other day. It took like 3 days to transfer to my bank account, kept the same value in those 3 days, and took hitting about 3 buttons.

Etherium is good, but Ripple is still hella cheap and now trading on Coinbase as well. Should see a pop.

I use Coinbase, but I don’t see Ripple being traded. Where are you seeing that?
PrimeMinister

Postby The Outsider » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:34 am

mdb1958 wrote:Attention all sheep!

Refer to mdb's post.

I did, but all it looked like to me are the incoherent ramblings of a dinosaur that is well out of their element.
The Outsider

Postby RedLeader » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:57 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

If it’s not on there yet, it will be soon. ( I thought it hit yesterday).

But here’s more info:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/02/how-to-buy-ripple.html
RedLeader

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:07 pm

RedLeader wrote:

Ripple is NOT on Coinbase and it's only being speculated that it ever will be.

That said, Ripple has performed awesome for me over the last few weeks. I first bought some back on the 21st at about .70 a piece. As of right now they are a little over $3 a pop and have been as high as 3.30 or so today. Ripple is certainly one I'm still holding on. Unfortunately, Ripple is not decentralized and is against everything that cryptocurrency is supposed to be about, but that not stopping me from making some money.
If you guys are holding bitcoin, Litecoin, or even Ethereum I highly suggest you move at least some fund to Alt coins. The market has been crazy good. I'd be happy to give you suggestions if you're looking to make some moves. I'm only trading alt coins and am really excited about how well I'm doing even over a really short period. Since the beginning of the year, the market has been insanely good.
deltbucs

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:51 pm

deltbucs wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

Ripple is NOT on Coinbase and it's only being speculated that it ever will be.

That said, Ripple has performed awesome for me over the last few weeks. I first bought some back on the 21st at about .70 a piece. As of right now they are a little over $3 a pop and have been as high as 3.30 or so today. Ripple is certainly one I'm still holding on. Unfortunately, Ripple is not decentralized and is against everything that cryptocurrency is supposed to be about, but that not stopping me from making some money.
If you guys are holding bitcoin, Litecoin, or even Ethereum I highly suggest you move at least some fund to Alt coins. The market has been crazy good. I'd be happy to give you suggestions if you're looking to make some moves. I'm only trading alt coins and am really excited about how well I'm doing even over a really short period. Since the beginning of the year, the market has been insanely good.

What service do you recommend using?
Deja Entendu

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:58 pm

so boil this down for me.. is to invest in cryptocurrency simply buying it and not using it to purchase other items?
Noles1724

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:19 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Ripple is NOT on Coinbase and it's only being speculated that it ever will be.

What service do you recommend using?

Coinbase.com to buy Bitcoin or Litecoin. Then another exchange to transfer the litecoin or bitcoin and you can trade it for alt coins. I recommend buy litecoin to transfer to another exchange because it's faster and I think the xfer fees are less. The exchange I mostly use is Binance, but they just stopped accepting new users today because the traffic is just getting too high. Another one I use is kucoin.com.
TLDR...
Sign up for Coinbase and Kucoin. Use Coinbase to buy litecoin with USD. Transfer the litecoin to Kucoin and trade it for alt coins there.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:20 pm

Noles1724 wrote:so boil this down for me.. is to invest in cryptocurrency simply buying it and not using it to purchase other items?

Correct
deltbucs

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:39 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Noles1724 wrote:so boil this down for me.. is to invest in cryptocurrency simply buying it and not using it to purchase other items?

Correct

thought so, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything..

I purchased some a while ago Paxful I think, used that to play poker and now I own a huge boat in arizona.
Noles1724

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Noles1724 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Correct

thought so, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything..

I purchased some a while ago Paxful I think, used that to play poker and now I own a huge boat in arizona.

Ha!
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:03 pm

RedLeader wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

But here’s more info:

Ripple might be the next one to hit, but stating that it's definitely happening soon is simply not true.

https://blog.coinbase.com/our-process-f ... 7b7ba65bea
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Ripple has also dipped all the way down to 2.80 today. It had a high of 3.30ish. That's volatility, Holmes.
deltbucs

Postby Caradoc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:29 pm

What about mining? I run a pretty decent gaming rig which should be fine for some of the newer coins, but I've been considering dropping some cash into a dedicated mining unit. I've only just started looking into this so I'm not sure where to go with it. Thoughts?
Caradoc

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:43 pm

I tried to buy bitcoin a few months ago and I simply wasn't able to. The "wallet" or whatever wasn't compatible with my bank and it was just a giant waste of time. Of course Bitcoin has tripled or something since that time... still, the whole thing doesn't quite pass the smell test to me, but godspeed to everyone killing it!
real bucs fan

Postby The Outsider » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:59 pm

RedLeader wrote:

Yeah I was lucky enough to be in the right internet circles when it was a newer idea so I caught wind of it at the right time, set up an old server to start mining as soon as I could and also bought in with a fair amount of my savings as I was only like 24 at the time. I was extremely lucky. I've since sold the vast majority of my btc but I still like to **** around with it a little.
The Outsider

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:05 pm

The Outsider wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

Yeah I was lucky enough to be in the right internet circles when it was a newer idea so I caught wind of it at the right time, set up an old server to start mining as soon as I could and also bought in with a fair amount of my savings as I was only like 24 at the time. I was extremely lucky. I've since sold the vast majority of my btc but I still like to **** around with it a little.

Lies! You used it to buy on the Silk Road.
uscbucsfan

Postby RedLeader » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:09 pm

deltbucs wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

But here’s more info:

Ripple might be the next one to hit, but stating that it's definitely happening soon is simply not true.

https://blog.coinbase.com/our-process-f ... 7b7ba65bea

This news literally came out today... lol

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ypto-coins

Ripple, the white-hot crypto currency that more than doubled in the past week, plunged as much as 20 percent after Coinbase said it’s not adding any new coins to its exchange at this time.

Volatile, indeed...
RedLeader

Postby The Outsider » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:22 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Lies! You used it to buy on the Silk Road.

The Silk Road always scared the **** out of me man. I never wanted to browse a marketplace in which it was possible to buy child porn or hire an assassin. That **** is intense.
The Outsider

Next

Return to Off Topic