Visiting Tampa from Oz

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Visiting Tampa from Oz

Postby Beaves Oz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Got some tix in bay 111, cost me a small fortune but YOLO.
Beaves Oz

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Beaves Oz wrote:Got some tix in bay 111, cost me a small fortune but YOLO.

Frankly .. .thats a great call !!! ENJOY

Crocaneers

Postby Beaves Oz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Thanks mate.

I was keen to get the club seats behind bay 111 but the fact they were paper tickets and getting them posted up to NC
In time before we drive down to FL was a bit of a concern. Either way, absolutley stoked to finally go to a home game.
Beaves Oz

Postby Beaves Oz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:04 am

Well yesterday has come and gone, although the boys didn’t get a win, I had an amazing day and want to thank everyone who chucked some advice down on this thread for me. My wife and son and I went to the WTTB tailgate before hand and had a great experience (my wife was like ‘this is like a frat party for middle aged men’..... haha! ). We checked out the team store and I had to get dragged out of there before I blew my whole credit card limit.

Our seats were amazing

Brent Grimes wife was sitting right in front of us (she had the game ball Brent caught just before half time)

Walking into the stadium was pretty emotional, when you invest a shitload of time and money into a team for so long I guess when you finally get to go to your ‘mecca’ and pay your respects it will happen. Here’s a couple of more pics of the day

There is so much potential with this team. Watching poor Gerald McCoy on the sidelines getting angrier at his D boys was heartbreaking (especially the roughing call in Stafford in the 3rd quarter). They again did enough to win that game but their own stupidity on either sides of the ball just keep on killing them.
Beaves Oz

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:12 am

Thanks for sharing Oz . .and glad you and family could enjoy the weather, and environment. That's the magic .. you saw a close game, and seems you got smiles . .so that's good.

This post gives me hope there's something out there ... It's not often we see the good side of someone coming from half the world away.

Well done !
Crocaneers

Postby NYBF » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:51 am

Beaves Oz wrote:Walking into the stadium was pretty emotional, when you invest a shitload of time and money into a team for so long I guess when you finally get to go to your ‘mecca’ and pay your respects it will happen.

I felt the same way the first time I got down there for a game. Great pics, glad you had a good time. And make sure to stick around on the board!
NYBF

Postby Beaves Oz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:37 am

NYBF wrote:
Beaves Oz wrote:Walking into the stadium was pretty emotional, when you invest a shitload of time and money into a team for so long I guess when you finally get to go to your ‘mecca’ and pay your respects it will happen.

I felt the same way the first time I got down there for a game. Great pics, glad you had a good time. And make sure to stick around on the board!

Yeah mate, I plan on sticking around. i’ve lurked in here and the old boards for years so you guys can’t get rid of me that easily.

The only thing that was disappointing yesterday was when being carded when getting a beer, showing my State drivers license from Australia was not good enough they wanted to see my passport........ because you know, I’m gonna carry my passport with me to the game FFS. Managed to find one vendor that didn’t ask for ID and got beers that way (Im 37 so it’s not like I’m a kid). Just thought it strange that my ID wasn’t good enough for them.
Beaves Oz

Postby Kress » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:14 am

You want a beer? At a football game? We're going to need a stool sample, please. And don't be trying to pass off someone else's clean stool as your own. We will be able to tell by both the temperature and the DNA match from the blood draw we will need for this beer.
Kress

Previous

Return to Off Topic