Ghosts

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Ghosts

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:43 pm

We definitely have a ghost in our home. But on another note we are watching the TV show Ghosts adventures. These guys really are Drama kings ot the 10th power. And their acting sucks - but the show is hilarious.
Babeinbucland

Re: Ghosts

Postby deltbucs » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Ok
deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:01 am

bucfanclw

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:49 am

Crocaneers

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:54 pm

So we purchased this little cabin in the mountains that the main log cabin house was build in the late 50's. It has been added onto since though. It is really cute and cozy and just a little 2br/2bh. The first night we stayed here we just hear all this banging and clanging an can find zero source. In the middle of the night my husband's bottled water goes flying off his night stand for no reason and lands 4 ft away. A few nights later he goes into the bathroom and one of his socks is laying on the bathroom floor. Before we went to bed he put it, along with the other sock,on the fireplace mantle. Now my husband is the engineer/scientist type and really left brain and doesn't put a lot of stock in this sort of thing but even he is quite perplexed.

We have now had the cabin for a few months and the clangs and bangs conintue throughout the nights and then recently there have been very odd smells throughout. Last night my husband was at his computer and swears he sees smoke rising from the dinning room table. By the time I come in there is nothing. Now it is worth noting that most of this is only my husband's experience, except the banging and clanging. As we have gotten history on the house we come to realize that a ghost makes sense. And clearly she has a crush on my husband. So we named her Gladys and just tell her that I am not a threat to her and we can share. Since then she has seemed to calm down and for the most part the clanging and banging has stopped but the smells and apparition of smoke still show up. Pretty strange stuff. What are your ghost stories?
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Babeinbucland

Postby Buc2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:58 am

Can you give us the tl:dr version?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:05 am

my experience with ghosts is that people who think they see ghosts are some kind of crazy
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:46 am

Buc2 wrote:Can you give us the tl:dr version?

She had a threesome with a ghost.
NYBF

Postby Teitan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:50 am

Babeinbucland wrote: As we have gotten history on the house we come to realize that a ghost makes sense.

Teitan

Postby deltbucs » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:58 am

Teitan wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote: As we have gotten history on the house we come to realize that a ghost makes sense.

Zarniwoop wrote:my experience with ghosts is that people who think they see ghosts are some kind of crazy

/thread
deltbucs

Postby Sammich » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:06 am

I've got a good one for you. This is gonna sound cheesy but I swear its true. My family is very superstitious and while I believe in ghosts I'm not one of those that 'sees' a ghost every time the house creaks or a glowbug flies by.

About 10 years ago my mom found this old house she wanted to restore. I don't know anything about architecture but there was something special about it and she fell in love. So not long after I got my parents and brother moved in there my mom starts telling me the house is haunted. She even had it broken down into 3 separate ghosts- 1 was upstairs and 2 were downstairs. My mother is prone to exaggeration and loves those ghost shows so I didn't pay it any mind.

Not long later my ex and I split up and I had to move in with them for a bit. My first night there I noticed that my brother would never turn off any lights upstairs. The master bedroom was downstairs so it was just me and my brother upstairs. He's a bit of a slob so I didn't give it a second thought and just turned the lights off as I went by. After about a week I noticed that there was always a weird feeling or vibe upstairs at night. It always felt like somebody was staring at you and like the air was very heavy. I'm not sure how to describe it. I'm not one to get rattled easily (I used to be a bouncer in a biker bar), but it was just creepy. Creepy to the point that I stopped turning off the lights that my brother left on.

I casually brought up to my brother the ghost stories mom had said about the house expecting to have a good laugh, but instead he told me that while he knew nothing of the spirits downstairs he had seen the one upstairs several times. It was a young girl -about 10- that always looked very sad. It was mostly just glimpses or the corner of the eye type stuff until one night while in bed he looked up and she was standing at the foot of his bed staring at him. The conversation ended with, "Why do you think I always leave the lights on?" When I brought up the story of the upstairs ghost to my mother she described her exactly as my brother had.

A few weeks later I was in the downstairs bathroom taking a dump and heard from the living room a young man say ,"Hiiiii baaaaaby!" and a young child giggle and squeal. I assumed my ex had dropped off my daughter unexpectedly and her and my brother were playing. I cleaned up and went out to greet them and there was nobody there. I was the only one in the house. I saw my parents in the back yard through a window so I went out and asked them where my brother and daughter were. They looked at me like I was crazy and said that neither of them were there. I told them what I had heard and my mom smiled. She said, "Remember how I told you there were 2 ghosts downstairs? One is a young man in his late teens or early twenties. He is good natured, playful, and a little mischievous. The other is a child young enough that I don't know if its a boy or a girl. Looks like you met them."

In the restoration of the house there ended up being some structural damage to the house that made it not worth restoring so my parents sold it and bought a condo. I didn't stay with them very long, but my mom swears up until they moved out the young man downstairs would do silly stuff like rattle pots and move thing around and the baby could be heard here and there. My brother tried to talk to the girl upstairs a few times but she would always disappear when he looked straight at her.

Sorry for the novel. tl;dr Ghosts are real and this isn't my only experience with them.
Sammich

Postby PanteraCanes » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:21 am

I was in St Augustine seeing the sites. Went into an old house where they had a person talking about the house and way of life. It was a single room house so the lighting was bad. I put my camera on the table and proceeded to take a picture. The light was so low that it did a prolonged exposure to get in enough light. I was able to hold it perfectly still so the room turned out great. I guess the speaker stayed still long enough so they were clearly visible in the picture but they had also moved around some so there was streaks of where they had moved surrounding them. Thinking it would be funny to joke about ghosts I showed them the picture. They freaked out and thought it was real. I had to explain to them what had happened.
PanteraCanes

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:43 am

Babeinbucland wrote:So we purchased this little cabin in the mountains that the main log cabin house was build in the late 50's. It has been added onto since though. It is really cute and cozy and just a little 2br/2bh. The first night we stayed here we just hear all this banging and clanging an can find zero source. In the middle of the night my husband's bottled water goes flying off his night stand for no reason and lands 4 ft away. A few nights later he goes into the bathroom and one of his socks is laying on the bathroom floor. Before we went to bed he put it, along with the other sock,on the fireplace mantle. Now my husband is the engineer/scientist type and really left brain and doesn't put a lot of stock in this sort of thing but even he is quite perplexed.

We have now had the cabin for a few months and the clangs and bangs conintue throughout the nights and then recently there have been very odd smells throughout. Last night my husband was at his computer and swears he sees smoke rising from the dinning room table. By the time I come in there is nothing. Now it is worth noting that most of this is only my husband's experience, except the banging and clanging. As we have gotten history on the house we come to realize that a ghost makes sense. And clearly she has a crush on my husband. So we named her Gladys and just tell her that I am not a threat to her and we can share. Since then she has seemed to calm down and for the most part the clanging and banging has stopped but the smells and apparition of smoke still show up. Pretty strange stuff. What are your ghost stories?

Why does your husband put his dirty socks on the mantle before bed??
Deja Entendu

Postby Buc You » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:22 am

Deja Entendu wrote:
Why does your husband put his dirty socks on the mantle before bed??

To keep the arm warm.
Buc You

Postby Truebuc » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:24 am

Five years ago my mother in law had ALS and was in the hospital. She was not doing well so my wife and I were there with her almost 24hrs a day. One night around 3am a doctor came in that we hadn’t seen before and told us his name was Mike Richards, looked at my mother in law a few minutes then told us if we had any family out of town we should call them right away because she didn’t have much time left, then he walked out of the room. We of course called family and they flew in that morning. She passed away a little after 4 that afternoon. When we asked about Dr. Richards to thank him for letting us know to get family here we were told nobody knew him and no doctor by that name was on staff. After the funeral my wife started doing research on the mysterious doctor and found out he was a surgeon on staff at that hospital 15 years earlier before he was killed in a car accident
Truebuc

Postby Babeinbucland » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:12 pm

ALS is such a nasty disease. I am so sorry you ALL went through that. Thanks for sharing this story.
Babeinbucland

Postby Truebuc » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:57 am

Thanks, Babe. Yes it is a horrible disease and like all of her doctors said it’s a disease you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy. I completely agree
Truebuc

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:41 am

Sammich wrote:I've got a good one for you. This is gonna sound cheesy but I swear its true. My family is very superstitious and while I believe in ghosts I'm not one of those that 'sees' a ghost every time the house creaks or a glowbug flies by.

About 10 years ago my mom found this old house she wanted to restore. I don't know anything about architecture but there was something special about it and she fell in love. So not long after I got my parents and brother moved in there my mom starts telling me the house is haunted. She even had it broken down into 3 separate ghosts- 1 was upstairs and 2 were downstairs. My mother is prone to exaggeration and loves those ghost shows so I didn't pay it any mind.

Not long later my ex and I split up and I had to move in with them for a bit. My first night there I noticed that my brother would never turn off any lights upstairs. The master bedroom was downstairs so it was just me and my brother upstairs. He's a bit of a slob so I didn't give it a second thought and just turned the lights off as I went by. After about a week I noticed that there was always a weird feeling or vibe upstairs at night. It always felt like somebody was staring at you and like the air was very heavy. I'm not sure how to describe it. I'm not one to get rattled easily (I used to be a bouncer in a biker bar), but it was just creepy. Creepy to the point that I stopped turning off the lights that my brother left on.

I casually brought up to my brother the ghost stories mom had said about the house expecting to have a good laugh, but instead he told me that while he knew nothing of the spirits downstairs he had seen the one upstairs several times. It was a young girl -about 10- that always looked very sad. It was mostly just glimpses or the corner of the eye type stuff until one night while in bed he looked up and she was standing at the foot of his bed staring at him. The conversation ended with, "Why do you think I always leave the lights on?" When I brought up the story of the upstairs ghost to my mother she described her exactly as my brother had.

A few weeks later I was in the downstairs bathroom taking a dump and heard from the living room a young man say ,"Hiiiii baaaaaby!" and a young child giggle and squeal. I assumed my ex had dropped off my daughter unexpectedly and her and my brother were playing. I cleaned up and went out to greet them and there was nobody there. I was the only one in the house. I saw my parents in the back yard through a window so I went out and asked them where my brother and daughter were. They looked at me like I was crazy and said that neither of them were there. I told them what I had heard and my mom smiled. She said, "Remember how I told you there were 2 ghosts downstairs? One is a young man in his late teens or early twenties. He is good natured, playful, and a little mischievous. The other is a child young enough that I don't know if its a boy or a girl. Looks like you met them."

In the restoration of the house there ended up being some structural damage to the house that made it not worth restoring so my parents sold it and bought a condo. I didn't stay with them very long, but my mom swears up until they moved out the young man downstairs would do silly stuff like rattle pots and move thing around and the baby could be heard here and there. My brother tried to talk to the girl upstairs a few times but she would always disappear when he looked straight at her.

Sorry for the novel. tl;dr Ghosts are real and this isn't my only experience with them.

oh hellll no. creepy story dude

ghosts are f'ckin real. I don't f*ck with ghosts. I've been in a few houses where you can just "feel" it - just like you're saying. The last house we lived in we swore that there was a ghost living in our son's room. We were renting it from a younger couple - who just had their mother die in the house - but they were nice and she looked like a nice old lady, so we sort of went into it thinking "there might be some nice old dead lady vibes going on here - who cares". Then there came the long nights of getting our son back to sleep in that room. And I swear to god something just felt weird and cold in that room. The door would randomly shut, or swing open, or the closet door would just pop open. Look, I'm a sciency guy too, I know it very well could have been the wood/hinges expanding or contracting with the temp / humidity differences, causing them to loose and swing open a bit, but it was only that room and always at odd times, like the closet would open when I would be walking out of the room - **** like that.

Then there was one day I was on the way out of the house - the house was laid out a little weird, but point is, our son's door was right by the door to the kitchen/the door that led to the "middle walkway" that had our laundry room and then also the steps to go outside (or steps to go upstairs to the master). Anyways, I was on my way out, I grab my car keys off the hook at the top of the stairs, kiss my wife, she turns around, goes through the door back into the kitchen, I turn to start walking down the stairs, go down about 3 or 4 steps, and out of nowhere, my wifes keys, which were on the hook that I just grabbed mine off, come FLYING off the hook and dash down the hallway, which is now about eye level and to my left. I was startled - it was so loud and seemed so purposeful. I stood there, watched them finish sliding, paused, looked back up the stairs, the door was closed, my wife was long gone back into the house - I go pick up the keys... come back into the rest of the house... peek into the kitchen... nobody... then into the living room... and my wife is just sitting there drinking her coffee on the couch - she didn't expect me to come back in so I even spooked her. I was like "what did you chuck these at me for" (knowing there was no way it was her, the way the timing set up, she'd have had to chuck them quick, then close the door just enough to leave a crack, then run back inside, grab her coffee and sit down - but I was just trying to eliminate all possibilities). She had no freaking clue what I was talking about. Her eyes got wide and a little worried. I mean to this day I have no explanation of how those keys would have hopped off the ring and flew down the hallway in such a deliberate looking way. I mean they didn't just fall off, they flew a good 10 feet down the hall. Anyways, we both just had the attitude that the nice old lady was "looking out for me" - you know, like, making me pause, so I didn't go out, start driving and get hit by the car that was going to run the stop light 45 seconds from then - something like that... I don't really have a logical firm thesis about ghosts (or spirits/interdimensional beings/aliens, etc), but I do believe they're out there, I do believe some are benevolent, and some are not, but I overall, do not f*ck with them
beardmcdoug

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:48 am

Guys don't fret....just call up the meddling kids...they will solve everything!
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:50 am

beardmcdoug wrote:Then there was one day I was on the way out of the house - the house was laid out a little weird, but point is, our son's door was right by the door to the kitchen/the door that led to the "middle walkway" that had our laundry room and then also the steps to go outside (or steps to go upstairs to the master). Anyways, I was on my way out, I grab my car keys off the hook at the top of the stairs, kiss my wife, she turns around, goes through the door back into the kitchen, I turn to start walking down the stairs, go down about 3 or 4 steps, and out of nowhere, my wifes keys, which were on the hook that I just grabbed mine off, come FLYING off the hook and dash down the hallway, which is now about eye level and to my left. I was startled - it was so loud and seemed so purposeful. I stood there, watched them finish sliding, paused, looked back up the stairs, the door was closed, my wife was long gone back into the house - I go pick up the keys... come back into the rest of the house... peek into the kitchen... nobody... then into the living room... and my wife is just sitting there drinking her coffee on the couch - she didn't expect me to come back in so I even spooked her. I was like "what did you chuck these at me for" (knowing there was no way it was her, the way the timing set up, she'd have had to chuck them quick, then close the door just enough to leave a crack, then run back inside, grab her coffee and sit down - but I was just trying to eliminate all possibilities). She had no freaking clue what I was talking about. Her eyes got wide and a little worried. I mean to this day I have no explanation of how those keys would have hopped off the ring and flew down the hallway in such a deliberate looking way. I mean they didn't just fall off, they flew a good 10 feet down the hall. Anyways, we both just had the attitude that the nice old lady was "looking out for me" - you know, like, making me pause, so I didn't go out, start driving and get hit by the car that was going to run the stop light 45 seconds from then - something like that... I don't really have a logical firm thesis about ghosts (or spirits/interdimensional beings/aliens, etc), but I do believe they're out there, I do believe some are benevolent, and some are not, but I overall, do not f*ck with them

If you listen closely on the youtube video, you can hear keys falling from multiple angles...
NYBF

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:56 am

NYBF wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:Then there was one day I was on the way out of the house - the house was laid out a little weird, but point is, our son's door was right by the door to the kitchen/the door that led to the "middle walkway" that had our laundry room and then also the steps to go outside (or steps to go upstairs to the master). Anyways, I was on my way out, I grab my car keys off the hook at the top of the stairs, kiss my wife, she turns around, goes through the door back into the kitchen, I turn to start walking down the stairs, go down about 3 or 4 steps, and out of nowhere, my wifes keys, which were on the hook that I just grabbed mine off, come FLYING off the hook and dash down the hallway, which is now about eye level and to my left. I was startled - it was so loud and seemed so purposeful. I stood there, watched them finish sliding, paused, looked back up the stairs, the door was closed, my wife was long gone back into the house - I go pick up the keys... come back into the rest of the house... peek into the kitchen... nobody... then into the living room... and my wife is just sitting there drinking her coffee on the couch - she didn't expect me to come back in so I even spooked her. I was like "what did you chuck these at me for" (knowing there was no way it was her, the way the timing set up, she'd have had to chuck them quick, then close the door just enough to leave a crack, then run back inside, grab her coffee and sit down - but I was just trying to eliminate all possibilities). She had no freaking clue what I was talking about. Her eyes got wide and a little worried. I mean to this day I have no explanation of how those keys would have hopped off the ring and flew down the hallway in such a deliberate looking way. I mean they didn't just fall off, they flew a good 10 feet down the hall. Anyways, we both just had the attitude that the nice old lady was "looking out for me" - you know, like, making me pause, so I didn't go out, start driving and get hit by the car that was going to run the stop light 45 seconds from then - something like that... I don't really have a logical firm thesis about ghosts (or spirits/interdimensional beings/aliens, etc), but I do believe they're out there, I do believe some are benevolent, and some are not, but I overall, do not f*ck with them

If you listen closely on the youtube video, you can hear keys falling from multiple angles...

beardmcdoug

Postby NYBF » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:00 pm

:lol:
NYBF

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:02 pm

hahah you bastard

I watched the whole video
beardmcdoug

Postby NYBF » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:23 pm

You should play it at the house and see what the ghost thinks about it. :D
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:38 pm

NYBF wrote:You should play it at the house and see what the ghost thinks about it. :D

Modern day exorcism.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Teitan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
NYBF wrote:You should play it at the house and see what the ghost thinks about it. :D

ModernFRI day exorcism.
Teitan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Teitan wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:ModernFRI day exorcism.

THE POWER OF BLACK COMPELS YOU!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Kress » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:19 pm

You are all the suck.

This thread kicks butt.

**** all y'all.
Kress

Postby deltbucs » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:55 pm

Kress wrote:You are all the suck.

This thread kicks butt.

**** all y'all.

Yeah...This doesn't seem like post Kress would make.
deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:05 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Teitan wrote:

THE POWER OF BLACK COMPELS YOU!

racist
bucfanclw

Next

Return to Off Topic