Movie Remake Prediction Thread

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Movie Remake Prediction Thread

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:11 pm

IchabodCrane84 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:What Phantom posted is technically not a prediction. Sounds more like a done deal to me.

I predicted it, in the original post.

Exactly, that’s why I post it here
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Not remake

Halloween 40 years later.

Laurie Strode as she prepares to do battle one last time with Myers.

Phantom Phenom

Postby Crocaneers » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:25 pm

If JLC is doing this, it may turn out pretty good.

But yeah, it's not a remake
Crocaneers

Postby MJW » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:35 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:Not remake

Halloween 40 years later.

Laurie Strode as she prepares to do battle one last time with Myers.

I'm always happy to see Jamie Lee, but I feel like this franchise ran it's course sometime in the mid-80s. Then it kept going for four more sequels. Then Rob Zombie did two movies and added nothing to it. I'll certainly give it a watch if it's well-received, but the best thing that could happen is if this is actually the end of it. It honestly wasn't a very deep or interesting franchise.
MJW

Postby Super K » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:21 pm

I thought the Zombie entries were pretty ****ing good....hell, the scenes where Myers kills the trucker in the bathroom in #1 and then kills the guy by the strip club dumpster in #2 are vicious and embody the character to a T...

As for the originals 1,2 the FIRST one where he's after the little girl and the one with Paul Ruud are all pretty good imo...
Super K

Postby Grim Reaper » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:29 pm

For starters -

Logan's Run
Damnation Alley
Empire of the Ants
The Swarm
Cannonball Run
Grim Reaper

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:34 pm

There's no way they are going to pull off a funny remake of cannonball run.

No way in hell.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:45 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:There's no way they are going to pull off a funny remake of cannonball run.

No way in hell.

It would end up ... really eff'n great or a complete bomb .. it's been a long time since a menagerie of cast has gotten together, and I could see a version with some of today's stars in a muck up comedy. I think the reason it fails mainly is everyone is a egomaniac and would want too much money.
Crocaneers

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:52 pm

Teaser trailer

First
footage of Halloween looks great. New story is that after he was shot by Loomis Michael was recommitted and Laurie has been preparing in case he ever breaks out.

Some teenagers were talking amongst each other. "Wasn't it her brother that killed all those people?" "It wasn't her brother, that's something people made up." So, yeah. Bye-bye sequel storylines!

There was a shot of Myers, post break-out, tormenting a girl in a bathroom stall. His hand goes over the door and drops a dozen bloody teeth on the floor. They're not messing around with this one. It's great to see the mask back in action.

Also Laurie is never once shown as scared in the footage we saw. She's a woman on a mission, just as much a hunter as Michael. Love that take.

Laurie: “I prayed every night that Michael would escape.”

Cop: “Why would you do that?”

Laurie: “So I could kill him.”
Phantom Phenom

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:49 pm

They are teasing .. .H40 .. Fourty years Later

Crocaneers

Postby Buc2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:48 am

Grim Reaper wrote: For starters -

Logan's Run Yeeess please!
Damnation Alley
Empire of the Ants
The Swarm
Cannonball Run

I remember when I saw Logan's Run. Me and a friend that was visiting from Tampa were wondering around a mall in Newport News when we came to the theater. They were close to opening and their gate was half way up so their employees could just duck under. Their was an employee right next to the gate so we asked him if we could come in just to use the restroom. Surprisingly, he let us in. We purposely waited until we knew they were open (like 5 minutes) to leave the restroom so when we came out other customers were inside. From there, we just walked off down the hallway and randomly picked this movie to sneak into. Loved the movie then and would definitely like to see a remake.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:23 am

Buc2 wrote:
Grim Reaper wrote: For starters -

Logan's Run Yeeess please!
Damnation Alley
Empire of the Ants
The Swarm
Cannonball Run

I remember when I saw Logan's Run. Me and a friend that was visiting from Tampa were wondering around a mall in Newport News when we came to the theater. They were close to opening and their gate was half way up so their employees could just duck under. Their was an employee right next to the gate so we asked him if we could come in just to use the restroom. Surprisingly, he let us in. We purposely waited until we knew they were open (like 5 minutes) to leave the restroom so when we came out other customers were inside. From there, we just walked off down the hallway and randomly picked this movie to sneak into. Loved the movie then and would definitely like to see a remake.

How much was your ticket in 1976? A dollar?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:48 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I remember when I saw Logan's Run. Me and a friend that was visiting from Tampa were wondering around a mall in Newport News when we came to the theater. They were close to opening and their gate was half way up so their employees could just duck under. Their was an employee right next to the gate so we asked him if we could come in just to use the restroom. Surprisingly, he let us in. We purposely waited until we knew they were open (like 5 minutes) to leave the restroom so when we came out other customers were inside. From there, we just walked off down the hallway and randomly picked this movie to sneak into. Loved the movie then and would definitely like to see a remake.

How much was your ticket in 1976? A dollar?

::shrug:: I didn't care.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:34 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:pet sematary

Paramount has set an April 19, 2019, release date for “Pet Sematary,” its remake of the 1989 horror movie, based on the 1983 Stephen King novel.

Variety first reported in October that “Starry Eyes” helmers Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmyer had been tapped to direct the project. Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Mark Vahradian are producing the remake with Jeff Buhler and David Kajganich writing the script, and Alexandra Loewy is executive producing.

The original “Pet Sematary,” directed by Mary Lambert from a script by King, followed the unraveling of a family after moving into a new home in Maine next to a pet cemetery that contained the power to allow the creatures buried in it to come back from the dead. The original grossed $57 million on an $11 million budget. “Pet Sematary Two,” starring Anthony Edwards, grossed $17 million in 1992.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Not a movie remake in the literal sense, since we all know there will be more 007 movies.

His name is Idris Elba, but will he be first black Bond?

LONDON (AP) - British actor Idris Elba is stoking speculation he may take over the role of James Bond when Daniel Craig steps aside, offering an enigmatic Twitter post that fueled the buzz about him becoming the first black Bond.

The star of shows such as "The Wire" and "Luther" on Sunday posted an artistic selfie under the words "my name's Elba, Idris Elba," echoing the spy's famous catchphrase.

American film producer Antoine Fuqua stoked long-running speculation about Elba taking on the role last week, when he told Britain's Daily Star that Bond movie boss Barbara Broccoli had said "it is time" for a non-white actor to play agent 007.

But before fans go overboard, Elba posted another tweet a few hours later saying, "Don't believe the HYPE ...."

Why not? I like Elba and think he'd be the perfect actor to pull it off.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:00 pm

Buc2 wrote:Not a movie remake in the literal sense, since we all know there will be more 007 movies.

LONDON (AP) - British actor Idris Elba is stoking speculation he may take over the role of James Bond when Daniel Craig steps aside, offering an enigmatic Twitter post that fueled the buzz about him becoming the first black Bond.

The star of shows such as "The Wire" and "Luther" on Sunday posted an artistic selfie under the words "my name's Elba, Idris Elba," echoing the spy's famous catchphrase.

American film producer Antoine Fuqua stoked long-running speculation about Elba taking on the role last week, when he told Britain's Daily Star that Bond movie boss Barbara Broccoli had said "it is time" for a non-white actor to play agent 007.

But before fans go overboard, Elba posted another tweet a few hours later saying, "Don't believe the HYPE ...."

Hard to be worse than Craig.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:08 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Not a movie remake in the literal sense, since we all know there will be more 007 movies.

Hard to be worse than Craig.

You know...funny you should say that. The only Bond flick I've ever watched with Craig in the lead role was Skyfall. If I recall, it was pretty good. Not sure why I've never watched any of the others. I also liked him in, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Buc2 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Hard to be worse than Craig.

You know...funny you should say that. The only Bond flick I've ever watched with Craig in the lead role was Skyfall. If I recall, it was pretty good. Not sure why I've never watched any of the others. I also liked him in, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

He was more a poor mans Jason Bourne than James Bond, IMO. The movies were gritter, less-campy/funny, less suave and weren't Bond movies. I thought he was the worst Bond. That doesn't mean I think all the movies stunk. He just was never Bond for me.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:27 pm

I'd like to see Cavill as Bond. I think he could bring a Sean Connery smoothness back to the role that's been gone a long time.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I'd like to see Cavill as Bond. I think he could bring a Sean Connery smoothness back to the role that's been gone a long time.

I think his Superman role ruined that opportunity.

I think Elba could be a really good Bond. He's really smooth.
uscbucsfan

Postby Kress » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:43 pm

Again not a remake, but has anyone heard much about this yet? The little online trailer deal makes it look like a Top Gun/Mission Impossible hybrid.

Kress

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Stringer Bell would be a great Bond. One of my favorite actors tbh..

But since 007 is British I feel they should've gone with a Muslim.

Bond.... Muhammad Bond.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm

I laughed.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Elba would bring a physical presence while remaining believably smooth with the ladies and calm during the action. Even when he was Stringer Bell he portrayed a sense of threat lying just below the service while maintaining a smoothness the other characters lacked. I think he will kill the role if given the opportunity.
PrimeMinister

Postby Super K » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:09 am

PrimeMinister wrote:

Elba would bring a physical presence while remaining believably smooth with the ladies and calm during the action. Even when he was Stringer Bell he portrayed a sense of threat lying just below the service while maintaining a smoothness the other characters lacked. I think he will kill the role if given the opportunity.

I agree....he's an awesome choice...

BUT we'd better check with the SJW mob to see if his casting is allowed...SMFH
Super K

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:16 am

Kress wrote:Again not a remake, but has anyone heard much about this yet? The little online trailer deal makes it look like a Top Gun/Mission Impossible hybrid.

What I heard is that Mav is now THE Top Gun, and Goose's son (played by Miles Teller), comes to Top Gun. There are rumors of Meg Ryan, and "maybe" Kelly McGillis

Release date : July 2019
Crocaneers

Postby Buc2 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Crocaneers wrote:
Kress wrote:Again not a remake, but has anyone heard much about this yet? The little online trailer deal makes it look like a Top Gun/Mission Impossible hybrid.

What I heard is that Mav is now THE Top Gun, and Goose's son (played by Miles Teller), comes to Top Gun. There are rumors of Meg Ryan, and "maybe" Kelly McGillis

Release date : July 2019

Makeup will have their work cut out for them.

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Rocker » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Woof.
Rocker

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Rocker wrote:Woof.

Hey!

She has a PhD in astrophysics and she is also civilian contractor so you do not salute her. But you better listen to her because the Pentagon listens to her about your proficiency.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby MJW » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 pm

I'm a Bond superfan and I approve of Elba. I liked Craig, but I never bought him as a sophisticate. He was too angry. Elba has shown that sort of cool detachment the role calls for. Plus he'll be a lot more believable in the action sequences.
MJW

Previous

Return to Off Topic