Mobile only entry

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
post

Mobile only entry

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:36 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2030 ... 05240826=1

How do you feel if Bucs decide to go with mobile entry only?

To reduce fraud and scalper
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby Buc2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:03 am

So fans that don't have a smart phone can't go to games? Seems a bit extreme.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 6720
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 689 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:12 am

They will need to have options .. they mention at least two teams allowing drivers licenses, which help ...if you bought them.

The kill is places like StubHub, etc .. if you cant (or it's hard) to transfer, it becomes a detriment.
Image
User avatar
Crocaneers
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 am
Location: Gatorland (at least on the weekends )
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 168 times

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby NYBF » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:57 am

Thought I posted last night...

They've already gone to mobile-only, at least to a degree. I bought tix through ticket bastard on the day they went on sale. Actual tickets, not resale through their site. And my only option was mobile entry. No hard tickets. No print at home. You've got to have the ticket bastard app, and that's the only way in. And since I bought tickets for a few people, they all have to have the app, and I have to transfer the tickets to them through the app. It's ****.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 325 times

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby Deja Entendu » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:50 am

NYBF wrote:Thought I posted last night...

They've already gone to mobile-only, at least to a degree. I bought tix through ticket bastard on the day they went on sale. Actual tickets, not resale through their site. And my only option was mobile entry. No hard tickets. No print at home. You've got to have the ticket bastard app, and that's the only way in. And since I bought tickets for a few people, they all have to have the app, and I have to transfer the tickets to them through the app. It's ****.


Yep, I just bought a 5 game plan, and was told that my only option was downloading the Bucs app.
Deja Entendu
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby Buc2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:09 am

Deja Entendu wrote:
NYBF wrote:Thought I posted last night...

They've already gone to mobile-only, at least to a degree. I bought tix through ticket bastard on the day they went on sale. Actual tickets, not resale through their site. And my only option was mobile entry. No hard tickets. No print at home. You've got to have the ticket bastard app, and that's the only way in. And since I bought tickets for a few people, they all have to have the app, and I have to transfer the tickets to them through the app. It's ****.


Yep, I just bought a 5 game plan, and was told that my only option was downloading the Bucs app.

I bought tickets to the Jets game via Stub Hub, but they will be transferred to Ticketmaster and I will have to download the Ticketmaster app and use it to get into the game.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 6720
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 689 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby Hit55 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:53 am

Buc2 wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:
Yep, I just bought a 5 game plan, and was told that my only option was downloading the Bucs app.

I bought tickets to the Jets game via Stub Hub, but they will be transferred to Ticketmaster and I will have to download the Ticketmaster app and use it to get into the game.

Wait. So on top of the Bucs app, you would also need to download the Ticketmaster app? Was there an option to print the tickets or pickup at will call?

I ask because I'm on the verge of picking up season tickets.
User avatar
Hit55
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am
Location: The Empire State
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Hit55 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I bought tickets to the Jets game via Stub Hub, but they will be transferred to Ticketmaster and I will have to download the Ticketmaster app and use it to get into the game.

Wait. So on top of the Bucs app, you would also need to download the Ticketmaster app? Was there an option to print the tickets or pickup at will call?

I ask because I'm on the verge of picking up season tickets.

Okay. Now that the transaction has actually been completed, I can say exactly how it went down. First of all, I bought the tickets through StubHub. StubHub sent me an email explaining that I would be receiving an email from Ticketmaster about how to retrieve my tickets. After the credit card transaction cleared (a day later), I got an email from Tampa Bay Buccaneers (memberrelations@buccaneers.nfl.com), not Ticketmaster, that Ralph Palazzolo sent me tickets and gave me a link to follow to accept or reject the tickets. Obviously, the Ralph fellow is the season ticket holder that was selling them. And, no, I never directly contacted nor was put into contact with Ralph. Anyway, I clicked on the "accept tickets" link and was taken to a page where I had to create an account if I didn't already have one. I had to use the same email address I used when I purchased the tickets from StubHub. Once I did that, it took me to a webpage that showed the details of the transaction. That page also gave me instructions on what to do next to view my tickets. I had to download the Buccaneers official mobile app and use the newly created account to logon to the app. In the app, I had to click on the Tickets menu button and then click on Access Your Tickets on the next screen. Then I had to click on the event for which I wanted to view my tickets (in my case, just the one event was there to choose from). This pulled up my actual tickets. They have a barcode on them which I have to scan at the gate on game day.

I had no option to use paper tickets. In other words, I couldn't just print out something with the barcoded tickets on it and physically take that piece of paper to the game to gain entry. I will have to have my mobile phone with me to pull up my tickets using the Buccaneers mobile app.

It sounds way more complicated than it is. I can even resell them, if I choose, using the mobile app. I have no issue doing this to be honest. I planned to have my mobile phone with me regardless.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 6720
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 689 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby NYBF » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:43 pm

I bought my tix directly from ticket master. I don't need the Bucs app for entry, only the ticket master one. And same as you, directly from that screen I can view / sell / transfer them. Forcing you to download the team's app is some BS. If I went to a road game, I wouldn't want to have to download the Saints app.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 325 times

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:14 pm

NYBF wrote:I bought my tix directly from ticket master. I don't need the Bucs app for entry, only the ticket master one. And same as you, directly from that screen I can view / sell / transfer them. Forcing you to download the team's app is some BS. If I went to a road game, I wouldn't want to have to download the Saints app.

I agree, but it is what it is. Probably has more to do with how the seller set up his tickets to be sold. ::shrug::
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 6720
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 689 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby Hit55 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Just got my season tickets today (welcome to Tampa present for myself and the lady) during training camp. Ticket rep was really cool. We settled on seats, filled out the form, swiped the card, and he mentioned that our Browns tickets will be at Will Call, but I should be expecting the rest by mail as soon as he receives them.

If indeed this is the case, I prefer it this way. The physical tickets always have a sentimental value for me.

Either way, I'm pretty stoked! Can't wait to watch the Bucs live. First set of season tickets I've ever purchased for any sport.
User avatar
Hit55
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am
Location: The Empire State
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Hit55 wrote:Just got my season tickets today (welcome to Tampa present for myself and the lady) during training camp. Ticket rep was really cool. We settled on seats, filled out the form, swiped the card, and he mentioned that our Browns tickets will be at Will Call, but I should be expecting the rest by mail as soon as he receives them.

If indeed this is the case, I prefer it this way. The physical tickets always have a sentimental value for me.

Either way, I'm pretty stoked! Can't wait to watch the Bucs live. First set of season tickets I've ever purchased for any sport.



Where are your seat locate? Nosebleed?
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby Hit55 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:
Hit55 wrote:Just got my season tickets today (welcome to Tampa present for myself and the lady) during training camp. Ticket rep was really cool. We settled on seats, filled out the form, swiped the card, and he mentioned that our Browns tickets will be at Will Call, but I should be expecting the rest by mail as soon as he receives them.

If indeed this is the case, I prefer it this way. The physical tickets always have a sentimental value for me.

Either way, I'm pretty stoked! Can't wait to watch the Bucs live. First set of season tickets I've ever purchased for any sport.



Where are your seat locate? Nosebleed?

Section 119.
User avatar
Hit55
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am
Location: The Empire State
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 6 times


post

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RedLeader and 4 guests

cron