Mobile only entry

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Mobile only entry

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:36 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2030 ... 05240826=1

How do you feel if Bucs decide to go with mobile entry only?

To reduce fraud and scalper
Phantom Phenom

Re: Mobile only entry

Postby Buc2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:03 am

So fans that don't have a smart phone can't go to games? Seems a bit extreme.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:12 am

They will need to have options .. they mention at least two teams allowing drivers licenses, which help ...if you bought them.

The kill is places like StubHub, etc .. if you cant (or it's hard) to transfer, it becomes a detriment.
Crocaneers

Postby NYBF » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:57 am

Thought I posted last night...

They've already gone to mobile-only, at least to a degree. I bought tix through ticket bastard on the day they went on sale. Actual tickets, not resale through their site. And my only option was mobile entry. No hard tickets. No print at home. You've got to have the ticket bastard app, and that's the only way in. And since I bought tickets for a few people, they all have to have the app, and I have to transfer the tickets to them through the app. It's ****.
NYBF

Postby Deja Entendu » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:50 am

NYBF wrote:Thought I posted last night...

They've already gone to mobile-only, at least to a degree. I bought tix through ticket bastard on the day they went on sale. Actual tickets, not resale through their site. And my only option was mobile entry. No hard tickets. No print at home. You've got to have the ticket bastard app, and that's the only way in. And since I bought tickets for a few people, they all have to have the app, and I have to transfer the tickets to them through the app. It's ****.

Yep, I just bought a 5 game plan, and was told that my only option was downloading the Bucs app.
Deja Entendu

Postby Buc2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:09 am

Deja Entendu wrote:
NYBF wrote:Thought I posted last night...

Yep, I just bought a 5 game plan, and was told that my only option was downloading the Bucs app.

I bought tickets to the Jets game via Stub Hub, but they will be transferred to Ticketmaster and I will have to download the Ticketmaster app and use it to get into the game.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Hit55 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:53 am

Buc2 wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

I bought tickets to the Jets game via Stub Hub, but they will be transferred to Ticketmaster and I will have to download the Ticketmaster app and use it to get into the game.

Wait. So on top of the Bucs app, you would also need to download the Ticketmaster app? Was there an option to print the tickets or pickup at will call?

I ask because I'm on the verge of picking up season tickets.
Hit55

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Hit55 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I bought tickets to the Jets game via Stub Hub, but they will be transferred to Ticketmaster and I will have to download the Ticketmaster app and use it to get into the game.

Wait. So on top of the Bucs app, you would also need to download the Ticketmaster app? Was there an option to print the tickets or pickup at will call?

I ask because I'm on the verge of picking up season tickets.

Okay. Now that the transaction has actually been completed, I can say exactly how it went down. First of all, I bought the tickets through StubHub. StubHub sent me an email explaining that I would be receiving an email from Ticketmaster about how to retrieve my tickets. After the credit card transaction cleared (a day later), I got an email from Tampa Bay Buccaneers (memberrelations@buccaneers.nfl.com), not Ticketmaster, that Ralph Palazzolo sent me tickets and gave me a link to follow to accept or reject the tickets. Obviously, the Ralph fellow is the season ticket holder that was selling them. And, no, I never directly contacted nor was put into contact with Ralph. Anyway, I clicked on the "accept tickets" link and was taken to a page where I had to create an account if I didn't already have one. I had to use the same email address I used when I purchased the tickets from StubHub. Once I did that, it took me to a webpage that showed the details of the transaction. That page also gave me instructions on what to do next to view my tickets. I had to download the Buccaneers official mobile app and use the newly created account to logon to the app. In the app, I had to click on the Tickets menu button and then click on Access Your Tickets on the next screen. Then I had to click on the event for which I wanted to view my tickets (in my case, just the one event was there to choose from). This pulled up my actual tickets. They have a barcode on them which I have to scan at the gate on game day.

I had no option to use paper tickets. In other words, I couldn't just print out something with the barcoded tickets on it and physically take that piece of paper to the game to gain entry. I will have to have my mobile phone with me to pull up my tickets using the Buccaneers mobile app.

It sounds way more complicated than it is. I can even resell them, if I choose, using the mobile app. I have no issue doing this to be honest. I planned to have my mobile phone with me regardless.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:43 pm

I bought my tix directly from ticket master. I don't need the Bucs app for entry, only the ticket master one. And same as you, directly from that screen I can view / sell / transfer them. Forcing you to download the team's app is some BS. If I went to a road game, I wouldn't want to have to download the Saints app.
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:14 pm

NYBF wrote:I bought my tix directly from ticket master. I don't need the Bucs app for entry, only the ticket master one. And same as you, directly from that screen I can view / sell / transfer them. Forcing you to download the team's app is some BS. If I went to a road game, I wouldn't want to have to download the Saints app.

I agree, but it is what it is. Probably has more to do with how the seller set up his tickets to be sold. ::shrug::
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Hit55 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Just got my season tickets today (welcome to Tampa present for myself and the lady) during training camp. Ticket rep was really cool. We settled on seats, filled out the form, swiped the card, and he mentioned that our Browns tickets will be at Will Call, but I should be expecting the rest by mail as soon as he receives them.

If indeed this is the case, I prefer it this way. The physical tickets always have a sentimental value for me.

Either way, I'm pretty stoked! Can't wait to watch the Bucs live. First set of season tickets I've ever purchased for any sport.
Hit55

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Hit55 wrote:Just got my season tickets today (welcome to Tampa present for myself and the lady) during training camp. Ticket rep was really cool. We settled on seats, filled out the form, swiped the card, and he mentioned that our Browns tickets will be at Will Call, but I should be expecting the rest by mail as soon as he receives them.

If indeed this is the case, I prefer it this way. The physical tickets always have a sentimental value for me.

Either way, I'm pretty stoked! Can't wait to watch the Bucs live. First set of season tickets I've ever purchased for any sport.

Where are your seat locate? Nosebleed?
Phantom Phenom

Postby Hit55 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:
Hit55 wrote:Just got my season tickets today (welcome to Tampa present for myself and the lady) during training camp. Ticket rep was really cool. We settled on seats, filled out the form, swiped the card, and he mentioned that our Browns tickets will be at Will Call, but I should be expecting the rest by mail as soon as he receives them.

Where are your seat locate? Nosebleed?

Section 119.
Hit55

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:05 pm

I received this email regarding how to access tickets. It looks like they are going mobile only.

At the moment it's causing me issues posting tickets on StubHub... which is annoying, but I'm assuming there a work around.

Thank you for your ticket purchase! This season, all tickets purchased online to Buccaneers home games will be available via mobile ticketing.

Mobile ticketing is the safest, most secure, convenient and flexible way to receive and manage tickets. You’re probably already using your smartphone to attend movies or when you travel, so why not for live events? With mobile ticketing, you can enter the event without the need of a physical ticket. No more worries about losing a ticket or realizing you left your ticket at home.

NOTE: PDF tickets will no longer be available. If you had previously printed tickets, please note that they have been deactivated and you will need to download your new tickets via the mobile app.
HOW DO I PULL UP MY TICKET(S)?

Step 1:
Download the Official Buccaneers App on your mobile device. The app is available free from the app store and play store.

Step 2:
Open the Buccaneers app and click on the TICKETS icon at the bottom navigation bar. For Android users, select the menu icon in the top left and then select TICKETS from the menu.

Step 3:
Select the ACCESS YOUR TICKETS button.

Step 4:
Log in using the email address used to purchase the tickets and password associated with your Buccaneers Account Manager. If it is your first time logging in, you’ll need to select “Forgot Password” to have a temporary password sent to you.

Step 5:
You will see a listing for each of your events. Select the event you wish to access.

Step 6:
iPhone users can select the ticket and then ADD TO APPLE WALLET for easy availability on gameday. Android users can simply pull up the ticket from their account on the day of the game.
Deja Entendu

Postby acmillis » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:25 pm

I do not like this at all. Say I walk up to some family who are in my seats. Instead of pulling out our pdf or actual hard tickets, we're going to pull out our phones and pray we both have enough service to verify were in the correct seats? Yeah..no thanks. I know that Ray Jay has wifi, but it's never worked well for me when I've tried to use it...probably due to the fact that the other 25,000 people are all on the network at the same time.
acmillis

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:31 pm

acmillis wrote:I do not like this at all. Say I walk up to some family who are in my seats. Instead of pulling out our pdf or actual hard tickets, we're going to pull out our phones and pray we both have enough service to verify were in the correct seats? Yeah..no thanks. I know that Ray Jay has wifi, but it's never worked well for me when I've tried to use it...probably due to the fact that the other 25,000 people are all on the network at the same time.

It also makes (a fairly large) assumption that everyone that goes to football games has a smart phone and/or is tech able enough to do this; my dad can hardly use his phone for texts.

I personally won't have any issues using it, and have already saved my tickets to my Apple wallet to prevent the need for a good signal; however, it is already giving me a hard time trying to get my tickets on Stubhub.
Deja Entendu

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:08 pm

I created a PDF of my tickets from a screenshot, and tried to upload that on Stubhub. No go. StubHub gave an error message stating that form of delivery (electronic) is no longer an option for that event. I was able to put up my pair for the home opener as "physical tickets."

I can also sell them through the app with Ticketmaster Verified, but I feel like StubHub is a more commonly used avenue. Also, Ticketmaster puts a floor, so the cheapest it would let me post the Browns tickets was $70.20... for preseason. That's bullshit. I should be able to take a loss if I want.
Deja Entendu

Postby Hit55 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:47 am

I just got my season tickets in the mail today. Two physical tickets to each game were included. Is it possible that the mobile only entry is for individual games that were purchased second-hand (Stub Hub, Ticket Master, etc.)?
Hit55

Postby Deja Entendu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:54 am

Hit55 wrote:I just got my season tickets in the mail today. Two physical tickets to each game were included. Is it possible that the mobile only entry is for individual games that were purchased second-hand (Stub Hub, Ticket Master, etc.)?

Possibly. I bought a half season plan though, not individual game tickets. I'm going to call them Monday.
Deja Entendu

Return to Off Topic