Peace be with you dear friend..

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Peace be with you dear friend..

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:57 pm

I've heard the same for years NYBF.

We've had cardinals on the back since Wednesday.
Crocaneers

Postby MrsLice » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Corsair wrote:I absolutely think that the brighter side of this tragedy may be the re connection of some old friendships and personalities around here.

As somebody who never left, I couldn't open my arms wider to those who have been part of the memory and ether around here for as long as I can remember. Your quips and daggers are missed, and it would be so awesome to see the current version of you in this community. To every one of you who have re-surfaced, can we get to the business of smiles and stories sooner rather than later?

It's definitely great reconnecting with you freaks again!
Thanks Slimey.
MrsLice

Postby MrsLice » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:37 pm

Crocaneers wrote:I will get to the goofball stories in time .. and certainly welcome them ... I love seeing the old gang here .. it's the honor itself that helps.

Today will be a very hard day for the Parson's family. If you are the praying type (or just generally send good vibes and thoughts).

Saturday mornings were for the softball field .. and this will be a new normal for the house as well as the fields .. reading many posts from the teams (both past and present) you can tell where his priorities were. The Kids. He invested deeply in every one of them .. if you know the Logan story .. you need nothing more.

The levels of this grief unwind in ways I can't describe.

His brother recently posted a facebook post that Chip had about his mom .. the end says it all

THIRTY years....WOW.

30 years ago I was 13 and woke up early in the morning to learn that God had called my Mother home.
It is SO weird now looking back because at the time we had no idea how we were going to go on. I didn't know any other kids who didn't have one of their parents. It was really scary to not know what life would hold at such a young age.
I was trying to think back to the big moments afterward, the big family meetings between my father, brother and I on how we would move forward. How we would adjust without a Mother. I can't remember a single one. What I do remember is Dad saying we'd figure it out, life is full of minor setbacks, and we were Parsons and we'd be fine. He was right.
Since then so many people have asked me what it was like. How did we cope with not having a Mom at such a young age. We "kept". That's it.
We kept our faith....we prayed a LOT. I know I did, and I can't imagine how many times Dad must have prayed, wondering how he'd do it.
We kept going....we learned at a young age you don't have another option.
We kept adjusting.....constant adjustments. Dad worked 30 mins from the house yet I never missed a game or a practice. I still don't know how he did it.
We kept our sense of humor....(shocking I know) but the way I've always described our home after Mom died is that our meal tables sounded like a morning radio show. We could have sold tickets.
I miss you Mom and while it seems like she's been gone forever, I still remember days when she was healthy when I try to. The only time I really get sad about it these days is when I think about how much she'd love her grand kids.

To anyone going through something that you feel like will rock your world and you can't go on. You can. Just keep going. It is possible....not easy, but possible.

Wow!
I just have to wonder if his wife and kids read this, would it help them? Dammit. I miss him even more now.
MrsLice

Postby Doctor » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:24 pm

Wow. I actually got goosebumps and teary eyed reading this. We've lost people on this board here before, but for some reason, Slimey (who I didn't know any better than anyone else) hit harder. Guess that's just a testament to the guy. From those close to him to those that only knew him as a mispronounced name on a screen, he's someone who was unanimously considered was a board legend.
Doctor

Postby Agent Orange » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:45 pm

I am sorry to hear about his passing. I am about that age so it's a little scary to think about. I hope he had life insurance.
Agent Orange

Postby PanteraCanes » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:56 pm

ftmyersbuc wrote:
0-26 Survivor wrote:
Sorry. No diamonds. :(
An old friend let me know what happened and I had to pay my respects. Football is great but life is the greater challenge. Perhaps it is true that it takes something like this to bring people back into the fold. We all have different personalities, but we're all drawn by one thing which is football and the Bucs. Good to see some familiar names albeit in a sad situation.

Well said, 0-26. Not that I am surprised...you have always spoken with much wisdom. I have had this page on my favorites for years but haven't visited. I connected with Slimey and other on Facebook after the original board went down and have never frequented here. I am, somewhat, sorry for that. it is so good to see the love for Chip lives here, as well.

You were all missed. I think there is at least two threads that either started as or evolved into missing the people who didn't follow along with the new boards. Probably more than two but my memory isn't as good as it once was.
PanteraCanes

Postby Commander Bubbles » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:31 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Super K wrote:

Unfortunately, this isn't a joke. He passed away today.

Wow...

Never knew him on a personal level, but I've "known" him since the old official Buccaneer message board. Always well respected by all. A legend if there ever was one. RIP.
Commander Bubbles

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:39 am

Phantom Phenom

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:35 am

Chip is officially the most thanked user [thanks for several of you helping that cause]

He also has the single highest rated post [his last]

Both are honors that we need to make sure stay in tact. So .. as you see a Slime post, please be sure to thank him .. I don't want MB to catch him :)
Crocaneers

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 am

Crocaneers wrote:Chip is officially the most thanked user [thanks for several of you helping that cause]

Both are honors that we need to make sure stay in tact. So .. as you see a Slime post, please be sure to thank him .. I don't want MB to catch him :)

I'll be sure to shitpost from here on out.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:50 am

We could just ban MB.
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:55 am

NYBF wrote:We could just ban MB.

I'd get more work done, that's for certain.

Wait a minute...what?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:18 pm

Ironically I can't even thank MB for his post ...

Slimey wins again :)
Crocaneers

Postby Super K » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Crocaneers wrote:Chip is officially the most thanked user [thanks for several of you helping that cause]

From here on out? Thought this was already a thing?!...
Super K

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Super K wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:

From here on out? Thought this was already a thing?!...

I know you're kidding. Everyone loves my keen insight, thoughtful analysis, eloquent prose, and razor sharp wit.

It's pretty impressive when you think about it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:25 pm

NYBF wrote:[ And if you're not doing anything Monday and next Saturday, a couple well-timed wind gusts and bad hops would be helpful during my last games.

About this...

I've got 13 kids on my team. Two brothers stopped showing up months ago. Two kids didn't show up to the game today. I'm down to 9. My starting pitcher got hurt in the 2nd inning (possible elbow fracture) so I'm down to 8. If you know anything about baseball, you need 9.

At this point my team is down 2-1. My kids are 11 and 12 years old. My best player has twin brothers who are 7. They wanted to fill in. They alternated in the field, 1 inning each, and then batted at the bottom of the order. We're in a bases loaded jam and their 2nd best batter hits a screaming line drive right at second base (where one of the little brothers was playing (I trust them to pay attention more than some of my kids)). He nonchalantly sticks out his glove and snags it to end the inning.

That same brother came up in the 4th with runners on 2B and 3B. We had just taken the lead 4-2. He makes contact off their best pitcher (who has got to be throwing 50mph (doesn't sound like much, but when you're 7 and the pitcher is 46' away it may as well be 100)), and lifts a looper down the RF line. And it lands on the chalk. Fair ball, two more runs score. We lead 6-2, go on to win 6-3.

I don't know. The kids are good for their age. But... on the chalk? A legit base hit?

Saturday, 9am Chip. I know your girls play Saturday mornings, too. But if you wouldn't mind swinging by again. Even if it's just for one inning. I really don't want to play a doubleheader. Thanks, bud.
NYBF

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:08 am

Ha!!
PrimeMinister

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:19 pm

1 week ago .. at about this time .. anyone watching Facebook started to get notice that the truth was getting ready to be rougher than anyone imagined.

His wife just posted the following :

Chip Parsons Memorial Service and Celebration of Life will be Sunday, July 9 at 3pm with Open Visitation beginning at 2:30pm. The location is LifePoint Community Church 1747 W. New York Ave. DeLand, FL 32720

Thank you all for your support, thoughts and prayers during this difficult time for our family.
Crocaneers

Postby IronDog » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:22 pm

WTF? When did what happen?
IronDog

Postby NYBF » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:34 pm

IronDog wrote:WTF? When did what happen?

Last Wednesday, Dog.
NYBF

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:31 am

Today is his wife's birthday

Toss an extra thought, prayer, vibe, and whatever her way.

This is a weekend that's very difficult
Crocaneers

Postby IronDog » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:53 am

NYBF wrote:
IronDog wrote:WTF? When did what happen?

Last Wednesday, Dog.

Crimony! Peace be with you Pal! Catch you on the other side. :sunshine: :(
IronDog

Postby MrsLice » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:58 am

IronDog wrote:
NYBF wrote:
Last Wednesday, Dog.

Crimony! Peace be with you Pal! Catch you on the other side. :sunshine: :(

It is a bit helpful knowing this man will be on the other side to keep us laughing. In the meantime, he will be truly missed.
MrsLice

Postby IronDog » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:56 pm

MrsLice wrote:
IronDog wrote:Crimony! Peace be with you Pal! Catch you on the other side. :sunshine: :(

It is a bit helpful knowing this man will be on the other side to keep us laughing. In the meantime, he will be truly missed.

True that, dear lady!
IronDog

Postby Moozician » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:39 pm

The memorial service was really nice. There were bits of humor provided by Chip's brother Chad, and one of his fellow coaches. When I think of all the times that Chip helped people (both here and at the old corporate forum), it's hard not to get teary-eyed. Chip helped counsel a lot of us, myself included, and took no credit for that. I shall miss him greatly.

My wife (Sue) and I spent the evening at a restaurant outside Deland (St John's River Grille) with Wade (Brandon Buc Fan) and Jody (ChicBuc) They are (still) fantastic people, and I hadn't seen them in about 10 years. I wish that I had taken the time to meet Chip in the past, but I always had some stupid reason not to go. I regret that.
Moozician

Postby chicbuc » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Me, too, Mooz. I'm honored to have met his family today, though. They welcomed us with open arms. Great people!
chicbuc

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:53 am

Thank you both for representing our community yesterday.

Thanks also for Mooz and chicbuc sharing the stories .. it sounded like a great service for an incredible man.

We all need to fill the void he left

Both here and this world
Crocaneers

Postby mightyleemoon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:55 am

This board just got less funny.

Also, the "who?" post was perfect. And I assumed someone would have touched this...

Pewterslimsme wrote:I almost died.

But, he might have wondered...

Pewterslimsme wrote:Too soon?
mightyleemoon

Postby PanteraCanes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:29 am

mightyleemoon wrote: And I assumed someone would have touched this...

Might have to wait for Alpha to wake up.
PanteraCanes

Postby paco74 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Damn, just damn. Way too young. I mean, I graduated in '92 also.

May his family find peace soon.

Goes to show. We have to live each day to the fullest and put all these petty biases and negativity permanently away.
paco74

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic