Peace be with you dear friend..

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Peace be with you dear friend..

Postby Deuce » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:02 am

Wild Social Worker wrote:I joined the old board about 12 years ago, as 13th Witch and stayed friends with Slim after the board's demise. Even though we never met IRL, I considered him a close friend and knew that he was always there if I needed to talk or anything. I used to send him cookies and pound cake and always had a good laugh at his expense, when his daughter and wife would eat all or most of it. His death is just a reminder that life is short and can end at any time. It's also a reminder to treasure those people who mean a lot to us, to renew old friendships and always remember to laugh.

You will truly be missed, Slimey! RIP

Are you still in Tallahassee?
Deuce

Postby Wild Social Worker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:42 am

Unfortunately, yes.
Wild Social Worker

Postby Crocaneers » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:26 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Crocaneers wrote:
It's now the highest rated post with 19 thank you's .. its the very least we could do

It drives me crazy that it says 100%, but shows a fraction of another star....

New Challenge .. get Slim the most thanked user award .. his buddy and good friend MB is currently there with a little less than 200 more ..

so .. Search a Slimey post and arbitrarily thank him ...

Goal: Before his service we can officially say he has the the highest rated post, and the most thanked user profile.

Here is a link for his posts
search.php?author_id=112&sr=posts
Last edited by Crocaneers on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crocaneers

Postby theBKwhopper » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:48 pm

Crocaneers wrote:I still don't have all the words, but I wanted to start today with at least getting something out there

.. I think processing by reading these comments and the ones on his Facebook page have helped. Watching as his dad thanks almost EVERY post with "Thank you" .. .. These stories and posts really confirmed what some of us really experienced.

I have starred out into the open abyss of 2 sunsets, looked into the stars, shed a tear or two. This has been a VERY emotional and gut wrenching week for me personally. I won't go into all the details, many different things have happened. This part started to unravel Wednesday early afternoon. The way it started still feels like some really cruel joke he was playing or some really bad misunderstanding .. and then his brother confirms what we didn't want to hear. He was gone.

How do you say goodbye to a guy you never met? How do you not look back with extraordinary regret in not making an effort to have done more to meet him?

For the future:
I will never see a softball game and not think of him.
I will never forget his son, and the incredible SIGNIFICANT impact he made in my personal and professional life.

Chip gave this world everything he had. He lived large. He had concerns, he worried, he prayed. I can see his first steps in Heaven .. him looking around with amazement and seeing his mom first thing.

His latest softball team came over to his house last night, and his wife shared the pictures.

Her Post

Words cannot express how grateful we are for the Blazers family. Tonight they provided comfort and conversation. Each girl wrote a message about Coach Chip Parsons. We are so blessed to have such amazing friends during this difficult time.

Thanks, Croc. Very thoughtful post. I didn't know him personally, but when you share a community with someone for a decade, you feel the loss. I said a prayer for his family last night, and will probably pray for them throughout the week.
theBKwhopper

Postby Wooden Indian » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:11 pm

Once everything kind of settles, maybe we can do a "Best of Slimey" thread and post his funniest (you should hear it with a laugh track) **** and pin it up permanently to the forum that he helped create.
Wooden Indian

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:31 pm

This is horrible news, may he rest in peace and his family have the strength to keep his good name on. Hopefully the Bucs can pull in a Lombardi this year in his honor.
Miller4Prez64

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:50 pm

Wooden Indian wrote:Once everything kind of settles, maybe we can do a "Best of Slimey" thread and post his funniest (you should hear it with a laugh track) **** and pin it up permanently to the forum that he helped create.

Makes me wish we still had the backup of the old board. Slimy was always gold in the roast threads.
The Outsider

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:50 pm

Crocaneers wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
It drives me crazy that it says 100%, but shows a fraction of another star....

New Challenge .. get Slim the most thanked user award .. his buddy and good friend MB is currently there with a little less than 200 more ..

so .. Search a Slimey post and arbitrarily thank him ...

Goal: Before his service we can officially say he has the the highest rated post, and the most thanked user profile.

Here is a link for his posts
http://buczone.com/memberlist.php?mode= ... file&u=112

I like it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby MrsLice » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:04 pm

NYBF wrote:
Our last text conversation was about this, too.

We talked from time to time. Texted a whole lot. Mostly about softball / baseball. Few weeks back he texted me about something. I replied to him complaining about my little league and the way they were handling a whole bunch of crap this year. Sent him a pic of a field I was trying to fix so I could have a practice. He jumped online and started looking through satellite pics around my house, looking for baseball fields. Pulled up the location, who owned the field, sent me a phone number. He did this for I don't even know how many fields. Said to just call them up, ask if I can use their field. Told me when he first started coaching and had no fields that's how they had to do it. Something he didn't have to do, but he took some time out to help me out just because.

We'd complain about umpires to each other all the damn time... Croc's pasting of the message from his dad made me laugh about that. When I told him I got thrown out of a game, he said even he hadn't managed to go that far.

But by far the funniest conversations with him revolved around the time him and I took over that InDaAz account and were asking the board for advice. We constantly tried to one-up each other with how dumb we made the kid seem. And were amazed at the responses we were getting.

I've been trying to write this post since yesterday. Save draft. Come back. Add to it. Edit some other crap out. Something more substantial than cursing because I'm mad / upset. Something more than... I don't even know. No matter what I write won't do justice to Chip.

And in true Slim fashion, he got the last laugh. A few of us stumbled upon something that would have been the butt of a never-ending joke, and we found it too late. And I know he knows that we found it too late. And he's laughing his ass off at our frustration that we never got to use it.

Rest in Peace, Chip. Fifteen years and it still wasn't long enough. And if you're not doing anything Monday and next Saturday, a couple well-timed wind gusts and bad hops would be helpful during my last games.

Well said. Fortunately Lce and I were able to meet and have a yummy lunch with Slimey. Larger than life, loved his family and cracked us the hell up.
He truly will be missed and he'd laugh all the gooshy feelings flowing in his direction!
MrsLice

Postby Stanger » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:46 pm

MrsLice wrote:Well said. Fortunately Lce and I were able to meet and have a yummy lunch with Slimey. Larger than life, loved his family and cracked us the hell up.
He truly will be missed and he'd laugh all the gooshy feelings flowing in his direction!

I'm sad I won't be able to do that, always wanted to buy the guy a beer and shake his hand. Get to know him better. I'm glad a few of us got to do just that. :drinkingbuddies:
Stanger

Postby 0-26 Survivor » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 pm

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to the family and friends. Time here is fleeting, and we never know when it's our turn. I myself thought my turn was on January 13, 1999, but it was not to be. So I live each day as if it were to be my last.
We mourn our loss and pray for those left behind, but always hope of meeting once again.

Goodbye, friend. God hold you in His arms.
0-26 Survivor

Postby MrsLice » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:49 pm

0-26 Survivor wrote:I am so sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to the family and friends. Time here is fleeting, and we never know when it's our turn. I myself thought my turn was on January 13, 1999, but it was not to be. So I live each day as if it were to be my last.
We mourn our loss and pray for those left behind, but always hope of meeting once again.

I'm happy your time was not to be and you're still here with us. Every day is a gift.

Speaking of gifts....

Got diamonds lying around?

But seriously... stay healthy, stay safe, stay with us.
MrsLice

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:19 pm

0-26 Survivor wrote:I am so sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to the family and friends. Time here is fleeting, and we never know when it's our turn. I myself thought my turn was on January 13, 1999, but it was not to be. So I live each day as if it were to be my last.

Even though we've mostly disagreed over the years it's good to know you're still around ya crusty old bastard.
The Outsider

Postby A4E » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:32 pm

I just heard late last night. This is such sad news!! I was a part of the old board and remember many many times how he had me laughing until I cried. He gave me enough **** through the years, too! Rest In Peace, Slim!!!!
A4E

Postby RedLeader » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Ya. Good to see some old names back around.

It's almost like a mafia wake around here...

The guy was loved.. that's for sure.
RedLeader

Postby StillCSG » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:11 pm

I found (after a 20 min search in the attic) and replaced the batteries in that damn fire truck you bought my son almost 11 years ago after his seizure...he's 14 now and asked me why i said **** you Slimey and then shed some tears..

You win you prick....it still works

Rest well Slim...damn sure gonna miss ya
StillCSG

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:16 pm

StillCSG wrote:I found (after a 20 min search in the attic) and replaced the batteries in that damn fire truck you bought my son almost 11 years ago after his seizure...he's 14 now and asked me why i said **** you Slimey and then shed some tears..

Welcome back, freak show.

To my recollection, you've honored your bet. So don't be a stranger.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:20 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
StillCSG wrote:I found (after a 20 min search in the attic) and replaced the batteries in that damn fire truck you bought my son almost 11 years ago after his seizure...he's 14 now and asked me why i said **** you Slimey and then shed some tears..

Welcome back, freak show.

That firetruck was one of the best ideas ever.
The Outsider

Postby Corsair » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:24 pm

I absolutely think that the brighter side of this tragedy may be the re connection of some old friendships and personalities around here.

As somebody who never left, I couldn't open my arms wider to those who have been part of the memory and ether around here for as long as I can remember. Your quips and daggers are missed, and it would be so awesome to see the current version of you in this community. To every one of you who have re-surfaced, can we get to the business of smiles and stories sooner rather than later?
Corsair

Postby PanteraCanes » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:31 pm

Grim Reaper wrote:"We'll never forget - he touched all of us..."

--Crew of the USS Indianapolis

You couldn't of stopped after the first two attempts?
PanteraCanes

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:58 am

I would love for you to share the fire truck story. I wasn't around back then and it would be good to hear a good Slim story.
PrimeMinister

Postby TheLceman » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:47 am

A4E wrote:I just heard late last night. This is such sad news!! I was a part of the old board and remember many many times how he had me laughing until I cried. He gave me enough **** through the years, too! Rest In Peace, Slim!!!!

Is this the Airbone Iggle?
TheLceman

Postby A4E » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:50 am

Nope Lceman it's Alstott4ever :)
(I can't figure out how to quote/copy your post lol. I'm technilogically challenged...)
A4E

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:03 am

I will get to the goofball stories in time .. and certainly welcome them ... I love seeing the old gang here .. it's the honor itself that helps.

Today will be a very hard day for the Parson's family. If you are the praying type (or just generally send good vibes and thoughts).

Saturday mornings were for the softball field .. and this will be a new normal for the house as well as the fields .. reading many posts from the teams (both past and present) you can tell where his priorities were. The Kids. He invested deeply in every one of them .. if you know the Logan story .. you need nothing more.

The levels of this grief unwind in ways I can't describe.

His brother recently posted a facebook post that Chip had about his mom .. the end says it all

THIRTY years....WOW.

30 years ago I was 13 and woke up early in the morning to learn that God had called my Mother home.
It is SO weird now looking back because at the time we had no idea how we were going to go on. I didn't know any other kids who didn't have one of their parents. It was really scary to not know what life would hold at such a young age.
I was trying to think back to the big moments afterward, the big family meetings between my father, brother and I on how we would move forward. How we would adjust without a Mother. I can't remember a single one. What I do remember is Dad saying we'd figure it out, life is full of minor setbacks, and we were Parsons and we'd be fine. He was right.
Since then so many people have asked me what it was like. How did we cope with not having a Mom at such a young age. We "kept". That's it.
We kept our faith....we prayed a LOT. I know I did, and I can't imagine how many times Dad must have prayed, wondering how he'd do it.
We kept going....we learned at a young age you don't have another option.
We kept adjusting.....constant adjustments. Dad worked 30 mins from the house yet I never missed a game or a practice. I still don't know how he did it.
We kept our sense of humor....(shocking I know) but the way I've always described our home after Mom died is that our meal tables sounded like a morning radio show. We could have sold tickets.
I miss you Mom and while it seems like she's been gone forever, I still remember days when she was healthy when I try to. The only time I really get sad about it these days is when I think about how much she'd love her grand kids.

To anyone going through something that you feel like will rock your world and you can't go on. You can. Just keep going. It is possible....not easy, but possible.
Crocaneers

Postby 0-26 Survivor » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:05 am

MrsLice wrote:

I'm happy your time was not to be and you're still here with us. Every day is a gift.

Speaking of gifts....

Sorry. No diamonds. :(
An old friend let me know what happened and I had to pay my respects. Football is great but life is the greater challenge. Perhaps it is true that it takes something like this to bring people back into the fold. We all have different personalities, but we're all drawn by one thing which is football and the Bucs. Good to see some familiar names albeit in a sad situation.
0-26 Survivor

Postby ftmyersbuc » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:50 am

0-26 Survivor wrote:
MrsLice wrote:

Speaking of gifts....

An old friend let me know what happened and I had to pay my respects. Football is great but life is the greater challenge. Perhaps it is true that it takes something like this to bring people back into the fold. We all have different personalities, but we're all drawn by one thing which is football and the Bucs. Good to see some familiar names albeit in a sad situation.

Well said, 0-26. Not that I am surprised...you have always spoken with much wisdom. I have had this page on my favorites for years but haven't visited. I connected with Slimey and other on Facebook after the original board went down and have never frequented here. I am, somewhat, sorry for that. it is so good to see the love for Chip lives here, as well.
ftmyersbuc

Postby StillCSG » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:54 am

PrimeMinister wrote:

I would love for you to share the fire truck story. I wasn't around back then and it would be good to hear a good Slim story.

My son had a feveral seizure and was in the hospital for like 5 days and the zoners (offshoot of the original board) got him this little fire truck and stuffed animals (and if I remember correctly paid for his grandparents hotel room)...somehow a day and a half after we get home the on off switch malfunctioned so the only way to shut it the **** up was to take the batteries out...Damn things still annoying Slim

As an aside....the "runs scored" bet

GREATEST SUCKER BET EVER...

Was that intheAz or Dawgland he hit with that?
StillCSG

Postby StillCSG » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:01 am

ftmyersbuc wrote:
0-26 Survivor wrote:

Well said, 0-26. Not that I am surprised...you have always spoken with much wisdom. I have had this page on my favorites for years but haven't visited. I connected with Slimey and other on Facebook after the original board went down and have never frequented here. I am, somewhat, sorry for that. it is so good to see the love for Chip lives here, as well.

That's cause he was a damn fine man both on this board and in life Ren...

Most of us only knew him as Slim or Slimey...a select few knew him as their friend Chip

The world lost one of the good ones
StillCSG

Postby NYBF » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:13 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Welcome back, freak show.

That firetruck was one of the best ideas ever.

Like so many other ideas, it started off so innocently. And then when csg was losing his mind over the siren, that was the icing on the cake.
NYBF

Postby NYBF » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:46 pm

I read somewhere (either this board or the cigar board I post on) something about when you see a cardinal and he's just hanging out near you that's its someone you've lost or thinking about talking to you.

Well, I'm sitting out in the yard with some coffee and a cigar, reading through the thread, and a cardinal pops himself on a tree branch and just starts hanging out, chirping away. Hangs out for a while, then just takes off.
NYBF

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic