LaVar Ball and the BBB era is upon us!!!

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: LaVar Ball and the BBB era is upon us!!!

Postby Super K » Thu May 25, 2017 7:14 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Super K wrote:
To answer you and USC..

He can definitely be a playmaker, but I think he'd be deadly as such on the wing..

Defensively the top tier PGs will eat his lunch..he's not quick/fast enough to stay with them...and if you want to switch your D to have him play offball, you've now taken an even less (probably) effective on all defender and made them chase the opposing PG..

Put Ball at small forward and let him create and dish off of pick/roll, curl action etc..likewise, his ball skills would bbe even more impressive going against a 2 or 3...

IMO, he's the PERFECT point forward option (LBJ being the all time best)..

With all due respect that sounds ridiculous. You don't take a 6'6 point guard with great floor vision/passing skills and turn him into an undersized forward.

Think about what you're saying. You think smaller PGs will destroy him, but you think he will hold up guarding the Lebron's, Paul George's, KD's & Kawhi Leonard's??? He will get absolutely destroyed. He is a 6'6 floor general. Leave it at that.

No harm no foul man (intended)..

But do you think he's going to fair better against Steph, Parker, Westbrook and Kyrie?...imo he'll get blown by like a traffic cone..
Super K

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu May 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Super K wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
With all due respect that sounds ridiculous. You don't take a 6'6 point guard with great floor vision/passing skills and turn him into an undersized forward.

Think about what you're saying. You think smaller PGs will destroy him, but you think he will hold up guarding the Lebron's, Paul George's, KD's & Kawhi Leonard's??? He will get absolutely destroyed. He is a 6'6 floor general. Leave it at that.

But do you think he's going to fair better against Steph, Parker, Westbrook and Kyrie?...imo he'll get blown by like a traffic cone..

At least at PG his length and height present a problem whereas at SF he is now the little guy
PrimeMinister

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri May 26, 2017 8:35 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Super K wrote:

At least at PG his length and height present a problem whereas at SF he is now the little guy

This. He may not be as fast as Curry, Wall, or Kyrie...but none of them can guard him. He may not be asked to guard them. Steph doesn't guard Westbrook. Teams change match ups all the time.

Ball is a PG and his floor will be Ricky Rubio, but his ceiling is something ridiculous and special like a bigger, longer Jason Kidd.

Ball is one of the safer prospects in the draft IMO. His advanced numbers in college were absolutely insane. He was statistically the second best PG in the last decade after Kyrie in college when using O rating and usage.

edit: If it weren't for his father, we would hear a lot more people say he was the best player in the draft IMO. Fultz was a very special collegiate scorer, but he was abysmal at being a real PG, making his team better. Someone who is that good should at least get his team into the tourney. Washington was terrible and his teammates' numbers with him off the court were not any worse than with him on the court.

I still keep Fultz 1 in my rankings because he has potential to be the next Westbrook/Harden type dynamic player. He does have a higher chance to bust than Ball IMO.
uscbucsfan

Postby Ken Carson » Sat May 27, 2017 6:53 pm

People often complain that black fathers aren't around for their kids, but this one is apparently too around for most people's tastes. Funny.
Ken Carson

Postby Swashy » Sat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Ken Carson wrote:People often complain that black fathers aren't around for their kids, but this one is apparently too around for most people's tastes. Funny.

He's not too around. He's just a constant disruption and a constant ***hole. I'd love to see him try his crap with Barkley and see what happens. He's quite possibly the only more ornery and overly-opinionated basketball personality than LaVar Ball is. Despite this Barkley has shown to be objective on occasion. LaVar on the other hand is just the equivalent of an irrational hype man.
Swashy

Postby uscbucsfan » Sat May 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Ken Carson wrote:People often complain that black fathers aren't around for their kids, but this one is apparently too around for most people's tastes. Funny.

Hope you catch something...
uscbucsfan

Postby Ken Carson » Sun May 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Swashy wrote:

He's not too around. He's just a constant disruption and a constant ***hole. I'd love to see him try his crap with Barkley and see what happens. He's quite possibly the only more ornery and overly-opinionated basketball personality than LaVar Ball is. Despite this Barkley has shown to be objective on occasion. LaVar on the other hand is just the equivalent of an irrational hype man.

Why would anyone care if Lavar Ball is objective about basketball? He is a player's parent.

Honestly, why people care a lick about this guy or what he has to say is funny to me.
Ken Carson

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:09 pm

So the 3 UCLA basketball players are back on US soil after being detained in China for shoplifting from 3 separate high end stores. One of those 3 kids was LiAngelo Ball. The UCLA basketball program was in China playing some games.

Luckily for them our POTUS was in China and along with help from the State Dept were able to get them released rather expeditiously and avoid further detainment and possible jail.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:12 pm

DreadNaught wrote:So the 3 UCLA basketball players are back on US soil after being detained in China for shoplifting from 3 separate high end stores. One of those 3 kids was LiAngelo Ball. The UCLA basketball program was in China playing some games.

Luckily for them our POTUS was in China and along with help from the State Dept were able to get them released rather expeditiously and avoid further detainment and possible jail.

I was following the story relatively closely and I don't think the President had much to do with them being released "expeditiously". ESPN reported before Trump spoke the Chinese President that there were going to be lesser charges and they were going to be released. It's whatever, but I found that funny.
uscbucsfan

Postby NYBF » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:15 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:So the 3 UCLA basketball players are back on US soil after being detained in China for shoplifting from 3 separate high end stores. One of those 3 kids was LiAngelo Ball. The UCLA basketball program was in China playing some games.

I was following the story relatively closely and I don't think the President had much to do with them being released "expeditiously". ESPN reported before Trump spoke the Chinese President that there were going to be lesser charges and they were going to be released. It's whatever, but I found that funny.

But...but....

NYBF

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:17 pm

NYBF wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

But...but....

Fishing for a thank you with make believe non-sense.

Hilarious.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:

I agree they would have been released regardless. But I do think the timing of POTUS (and his team) already in the country helped in terms of it happening quicker than if he wasn't there.

If you want to believe ESPN reporting more power to ya. I know the all 3 players individually thanked the US government and POTUS by name today. But you're probably right believing ESPN and I'm sure the US State Dept and Trump played no role in the outcome or timing. Those 3 kids must just be Trump fans.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:46 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

I agree they would have been released regardless. But I do think the timing of POTUS (and his team) already in the country helped in terms of it happening quicker than if he wasn't there.

If you want to believe ESPN reporting more power to ya. I know the all 3 players individually thanked the US government and POTUS by name today. But you're probably right believing ESPN and I'm sure the US State Dept and Trump played no role in the outcome or timing. Those 3 kids must just be Trump fans.

ESPN just guessed correctly then. On the Russillo show it was reported the day after that sources in China say that after the case is processed, which takes time in China, they would be released and they were expecting lesser charges at anytime. I'm not saying Trump didn't say anything to Xi, but this outcome was already in motion regardless. No one should believe that 10 years was realistic, but I'm sure some do. The 10 years and asking for a Thank you was just Trump being Trump.

They weren't going to thank Trump, but were advised to do so by the school and Pac 12, fwiw.
uscbucsfan

Postby Kress » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Why LaVar Ball works: There were 3 players involved in this nonsense. But off the top of your head, without looking, who were they? LiAngelo Ball and...... ? Hell if I know. I just know that one of the Ball kids was there.
Kress

Postby A Man's Part » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:19 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

ESPN just guessed correctly then. On the Russillo show it was reported the day after that sources in China say that after the case is processed, which takes time in China, they would be released and they were expecting lesser charges at anytime. I'm not saying Trump didn't say anything to Xi, but this outcome was already in motion regardless. No one should believe that 10 years was realistic, but I'm sure some do. The 10 years and asking for a Thank you was just Trump being Trump.

They weren't going to thank Trump, but were advised to do so by the school and Pac 12, fwiw.

I love how DN jumped all over you for saying something benign, because he felt a clear need to jump in and defend Trump.

It's becoming habitual for him.
A Man's Part

Postby A Man's Part » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Kress wrote:Why LaVar Ball works: There were 3 players involved in this nonsense. But off the top of your head, without looking, who were they? LiAngelo Ball and...... ? Hell if I know. I just know that one of the Ball kids was there.

Fact. This is why I love Lavar ball. He doesn't mind being the butt of the joke if it is going to make his kids stand out. It's working too he brings so much attention to them.

He just needs one of them to actually be able to play well, but all 3 could have long careers(even if they aren't great).
A Man's Part

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:33 pm

In case anyone was following the next chapter ... I personally don't see this ending well

Crocaneers

Postby Buc2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 am

Does he purposely shave gaps in his eyebrows?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby acmillis » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:16 am

I don't get the whole, "Lavar is taking his son out of college."...that's not how it works at all. A parent can't just go to UCLA and take their child out of classes...this ain't the parent pickup line.
acmillis

Postby BucaRican » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:28 am

acmillis wrote:I don't get the whole, "Lavar is taking his son out of college."...that's not how it works at all. A parent can't just go to UCLA and take their child out of classes...this ain't the parent pickup line.

Word up if thats my pops, I would gracefully defer. Liangelo is not even considered a supplemental draft prospect. They best way for that kid to rebuild his image is serve his suspension, do good by the collage, and give it his all when he comes back. Basically his pops is saying his son didn't do anything wrong by pulling this move. Way to influence your child LaVar, way to show the youth that doing wrong is okay if you have money and pull.
BucaRican

Postby Swashy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:08 pm

I'm curious.... do LiAngelo's shoes become available for shoplifting?
Swashy

Postby deltbucs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:10 pm

I keep hearing this name, but I honestly have no idea who this guy is. Is he a rapper or something?
deltbucs

Postby Swashy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:12 pm

LMFAO!!!

https://bigballerbrand.com/collections/womens

A dazzling selection of nothing. That's just hilarious
Swashy

Postby Swashy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:16 pm

deltbucs wrote:I keep hearing this name, but I honestly have no idea who this guy is. Is he a rapper or something?

He's just famous for being an ***hole like Owe-Town is famous philanthropist
Swashy

Postby BucaRican » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 pm

Swashy wrote:LMFAO!!!

500-1000 Dollar for a pair of tennis shoes???????

220 for a pair of sandals ?????????
BucaRican

Postby Swashy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:27 pm

BucaRican wrote:
Swashy wrote:LMFAO!!!

500-1000 Dollar for a pair of tennis shoes???????

220 for a pair of sandals ?????????

They gotta convince the big shoe companies like Nike and Adidas that the BBB brand is worth $3 billion somehow.
Swashy

Postby Teitan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:34 pm

The Kardashians of sports.
Teitan

Postby NYBF » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:35 pm

Teitan wrote:The Kardashians of sports.

But at least Kim had the sex tape that launched her "career."
NYBF

Postby Teitan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:38 pm

NYBF wrote:
Teitan wrote:The Kardashians of sports.

Are you still waiting on the LaVarr sex tape??
Teitan

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Teitan wrote:
NYBF wrote:

Are you still waiting on the LaVarr sex tape??

Lol
Zarniwoop

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic