Bill O'Reilly will be fired!

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Bill O'Reilly will be fired!

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:47 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
NYBF wrote:
1 - Did you really attribute a quote to yourself in your own post?

i read it as him poking fun of Sanka for doing it in another thread...at least I hope that's what he was doing...but with mdb you never know

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit
Noles1724

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:08 am

what can i say, i'm an optometrist, not a pessimist

--ricky
Zarniwoop

Postby McFan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Making a mental note to myself that I like DreadNaught AND Noles1724 posts.

I've got a keen eye for talented posters. Been doing it here (and other TBBB places) since 1998.
McFan

Postby deltbucs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:14 pm

McFan wrote:Making a mental note to myself that I like DreadNaught AND Noles1724 posts.

I've got a keen eye for talented posters. Been doing it here (and other TBBB places) since 1998.

Actually, that was more a physical note to yourself.
deltbucs

Postby Corsair » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Bill O'Reilly once wrote an "extraordinarily violent" novel about a fired TV anchor who stalks & kills his coworkers

Following Bill O’Reilly being dismissed by Fox News, a 1998 novel about a murderous television host written by O’Reilly has resurfaced.

Titled Those Who Trespass: A Novel of Television and Murder, the book presents an Irish-American TV news host named Shannon Michaels who begins stalking and murdering his colleagues after he is fired. A New Yorker piece on O’Reilly described the book as “a revenge fantasy, and it displays extraordinarily violent impulses,” going on to say that “O’Reilly describes each of these killings — the careful planning, the suffering of the victim, the act itself — in loving detail.”

Some of the murders within Trespass include the killing of a fellow veteran TV correspondent with a spoon through the roof of the mouth; throwing the woman who forced his resignation off a balcony; drowning a television research consultant by burying him neck-deep at the beach; and slitting the throat of the station manager at a convention.

Violence is not the only vice present in the novel; there are also several detailed passages relating a sexual encounter between the murderous protagonist and colleague Ashley Van Buren.

The reception of the novel was middling — Salon reported that “Kirkus Reviews calls the language ‘wooden’; one could stick to the simpler adjective ‘bad.’ Within the first 10 pages, for example, we’re treated to ‘the clouds were assembling in the west,’ ‘[h]is intense sexual hunger was apparent to anyone who bothered to notice,’ and ‘he did what he usually did when gratification eluded him — he got unpleasant.'”

Those interested in reading Those Who Trespass can find it on Amazon.

O’Reilly’s current publisher, Henry Holt, which publishes books in his Killing series, has stated that its plans around future O’Reilly books have not changed.
Corsair

Postby McFan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:44 pm

deltbucs wrote:
McFan wrote:Making a mental note to myself that I like DreadNaught AND Noles1724 posts.

Actually, that was more a physical note to yourself.

No a mental note I shared with you lessers...
McFan

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:05 pm

can we add to the mental note that I think Rachel Maddow has a sexy element to her? I'd do her any day of the week over that blonde squeaky chick on Fox.. I can't take her voice and self-righteous tone.
Noles1724

Postby deltbucs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:51 pm

McFan wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Actually, that was more a physical note to yourself.

No a mental note I shared with you lessers...

Thank you for being so kind
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Noles1724 wrote:can we add to the mental note that I think Rachel Maddow has a sexy element to her?

DreadNaught

Postby Corsair » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Noles1724 wrote:can we add to the mental note that I think Rachel Maddow has a sexy element to her? I'd do her any day of the week over that blonde squeaky chick on Fox.. I can't take her voice and self-righteous tone.

Not even a hint of irony. Well done.
Corsair

Postby Super K » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:22 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Noles1724 wrote:can we add to the mental note that I think Rachel Maddow has a sexy element to her?

No doubt..

Isn't Maddow a dude?
Super K

Postby Selmon Rules » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:28 pm

81mm Shake and Bake wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:
Never been convicted doesn't always mean innocent, it just means never convicted....

It also doesn't mean guilty, so why try to destroy someone's life over it? Put it another way, would you be saying the same thing if YOU had been accused of sexual harassment without any evidence being presented, and was summarily fired from your employment?

(Best Allen Iverson impression I can do at 0330) We're talking about allegations, man. Not charged, not convicted, allegations.

No it doesn't and wasn't necessarily trying to say he was, just correcting common error people make. He got canned because of the bad press leading advertising revenue to go down the toilet....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Previous

Return to Off Topic