No compromises

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: No compromises

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:15 pm

Like I said, I don't keep score and so I can't confirm, but I'm pretty sure I shoot a PGA level score on a regular basis.

I use more mulligans than tees, but that's neither here nor there.

I hear delt says anything within six feet is a gimme.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Rocker » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:43 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Public Service Announcement: Axe body spray is not a substitute for a shower. I'm looking at you Rocker.

LOL.
Rocker

Postby deltbucs » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:10 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Like I said, I don't keep score and so I can't confirm, but I'm pretty sure I shoot a PGA level score on a regular basis.

I'm pretty sure it was within like 15 feet.
I was never much of a ball snob, but you can tell the difference in those Pro-V style balls around the green. Off the tee, a Top Flight will more or less do the same thing. I used to play the **** out of some golf a few years back, but over the last year or 2 I've gotten hooked on disc golf. Yeah, seriously.
deltbucs

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:42 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Like I said, I don't keep score and so I can't confirm, but I'm pretty sure I shoot a PGA level score on a regular basis.

I'm pretty sure it was within like 15 feet.
I was never much of a ball snob, but you can tell the difference in those Pro-V style balls around the green. Off the tee, a Top Flight will more or less do the same thing. I used to play the **** out of some golf a few years back, but over the last year or 2 I've gotten hooked on disc golf. Yeah, seriously.

disc golf is fun.. my friends and I play the loser of the hole has to carry the cooler during the next hole.
Noles1724

Postby Moozician » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Guitars... No bolt-on necks. Pretty much kills Fender. For me, PRS or Gibson.

Guns... Sig Sauer. I've had a few, P226, P228, P229, just bought my wife a P938. Better guns than anything else I own, including the 44 mag Desert Eagle. (It's a piece of crap, actually.)

They're the only things I'm really snobby about, even Scotch.
Moozician

Postby Kress » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Moozician wrote:Guitars... No bolt-on necks. Pretty much kills Fender. For me, PRS or Gibson.

Guns... Sig Sauer. I've had a few, P226, P228, P229, just bought my wife a P938. Better guns than anything else I own, including the 44 mag Desert Eagle. (It's a piece of crap, actually.)

My new favorite is a Springfield xds.
Kress

Postby Moozician » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Kress wrote:
Moozician wrote:Guitars... No bolt-on necks. Pretty much kills Fender. For me, PRS or Gibson.

I bought a Springfield .45XD (first Gen) back when it won Gun of the Year. I enjoyed the high capacity (16 +1). The thing I DIDN'T like was carrying IWB behind the back. I was too worried about shooting my own ass carrying in Condition 1. What caliber is the XDS? Single stack, right?
Moozician

Postby Rocker » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Fairly certain it's double.

Which is a no go for me. Any handgun I purchase must be useable by not only myself, but my wife as well. Jokes aside, she has small hands; and is extremely uncomfortable with the wider grip the double demands.

By the by, if anyone has firsthand knowledge of a .380 super-sub, PM me.
Rocker

Postby Teitan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:15 pm

Gibsons are lovely of course. I've always wanted a firebird. But a nice fender has its place.

I really am not a big spender on things for myself or too picky on things for myself. Will pretty much make due with anything. But I do not skimp when it comes to things for my wife or, now, my daughter. Be it food, events/trips, gifts, etc.
Teitan

Postby Teitan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Rocker wrote:Fairly certain it's double.

Which is a no go for me. Any handgun I purchase must be useable by not only myself, but my wife as well. Jokes aside, she has small hands; and is extremely uncomfortable with the wider grip the double demands.

I'm not really a .380 fan. I am a smith and Wesson M&P fan (full size and shield). I HATE the bodyguard (380). Try the Shield in a 9 though.
Teitan

Postby deltbucs » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:00 pm

I only play out once a month or so now, but I used to play out a lot so I could justify spending up. I really only have 2 guitars that I use. An American Strat (don't play much electric) and a Taylor 614ce.
deltbucs

Postby Rocker » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:06 pm

Teitan wrote:
Rocker wrote:Fairly certain it's double.

I'm not really a .380 fan. I am a smith and Wesson M&P fan (full size and shield). I HATE the bodyguard (380). Try the Shield in a 9 though.

I have a rather specific reason why I'm looking for a .380...

The shield did tickle my fancy though, but I have a J frame that fits that particular niche.
Rocker

Postby Teitan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:13 pm

deltbucs wrote:

I only play out once a month or so now, but I used to play out a lot so I could justify spending up. I really only have 2 guitars that I use. An American Strat (don't play much electric) and a Taylor 614ce.

Taylors are so nice.
Teitan

Postby Kress » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:17 pm

Moozician wrote:
Kress wrote:

I bought a Springfield .45XD (first Gen) back when it won Gun of the Year. I enjoyed the high capacity (16 +1). The thing I DIDN'T like was carrying IWB behind the back. I was too worried about shooting my own ass carrying in Condition 1. What caliber is the XDS? Single stack, right?

Single stack 9mm. 4 inch barrel. You can't hit **** with the smaller one.
Kress

Postby Moozician » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:24 am

Rocker wrote:
Teitan wrote:

I have a rather specific reason why I'm looking for a .380...

The shield did tickle my fancy though, but I have a J frame that fits that particular niche.

One problem a LOT of women have is the inability to rack the slide in anything greater than a .380. That's why I got the Sig P938 (9mm). If that is an issue, look at the Sig P238 (.380) if you prefer a hammered weapon (looks like a micro 1911). If striker-fire is preferred, the Walther PK380 is really light.
Moozician

Postby deltbucs » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:52 am

Teitan wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I only play out once a month or so now, but I used to play out a lot so I could justify spending up. I really only have 2 guitars that I use. An American Strat (don't play much electric) and a Taylor 614ce.

Taylors are so nice.

Yeah..I love them. Had a 410ce before this and it got stolen, unfortunately.
deltbucs

Postby Moozician » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:06 am

deltbucs wrote:
Teitan wrote:

Taylors are so nice.

Yeah..I love them. Had a 410ce before this and it got stolen, unfortunately.

Man, I hate that happened. I had a LP standard (wine red) and an old Yamaha acoustic stolen from my house in Rosemont about 20 years ago. I was sick about it for months.

Taylors are fantastic! In my opinion, they are better than Martin, Takamine, Fender, or Ibanez. I wish I could afford one. I have an old Alverez-Yairi with great action that I enjoy.
Moozician

Previous

Return to Off Topic