So, Rusty Pup is at that age.

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
So, Rusty Pup is at that age.

Postby IronDog » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:13 am

The boy is 21 on Thursday. 'S too bad his year didn't go ANYTHING like he planned. Still not back at school. Not seen any actual effort at changing that condition. We're trying to figure out how to come up with 8500+ to pay for the 1 month he did attend in the fall '16 semester. (Ooh, better go put one of those tic marks in front of the 16 before the Counselors gets mad at me).
Still haven't gotten any closure on the accident. Talking about looking at UNF, UCF or FSU in FL, maybe Tenn Tech up in Cookeville cause they have an outstanding music program and are waiving the out-of-state tuition bump, and UAH here in Huntsville as they also have a great program, aside from being 10 minutes away. But one has to put forth the effort to apply, set up auditions, and apply for scholarships or loans. Yet nothin'.

Just can't figure him out. But Happy Birthday my son. May God bless you in your endeavors.
IronDog

Re: So, Rusty Pup is at that age.

Postby Nano » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:17 am

Maybe music isn't the right thing for him if it doesn't motivate him enough. Have you thought about CC? Cheaper, and maybe he discovers something that he wants to do more.
Nano

Postby IronDog » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:31 am

His stated aim is a High School Choral Director. He is awesome when it comes to teaching others. With perfect pitch, and the voice God gave him, it seems like a good fit. Personally, I don't know what else he qualifies for. He's been a performer most of his life, on stage in a professional dinner theatre in Hudson as the only child actor/singer at 8 yrs old, in church, through H.S. and at the local theater in Spring Hill. At least we got through to him to make sure he has some "normal" type of income to be able to support himself if he was going to pursue performing. Wouldn't be surprised if he was discovered, as it were, and went professional, but that is always a long shot.
IronDog

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:36 am

Is he looking at schools that have Broadway style theater productions? The fact that he already has stage experience is a big plus.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Kress » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:12 am

Yeah, it sounds like a specialized school might be more up his alley than a traditional college. Just as there are engineering schools and music schools, etc., there are certainly theater schools clamoring for guys like him.

And I had no clue what I wanted to do until I was 24 and already had a bachelor's, so keep doing what you're doing and give him the time he needs to get it right. Good luck, and happy birthday to the pup.
Kress

Postby IronDog » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:55 pm

I thought I posted this.

I guess I didn't make it clear that he is going for a degree in Music Education and he wants to teach high school kids music and how to sing.
IronDog

Return to Off Topic