All Things Beer

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: All Things Beer

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:I suppose he could have went with Teryaki ... that would have been slightly worse

Just messing with you old man :)

What's wrong with Teriyaki? NOTHING!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:21 pm

So I take you he-men will only allow your palates to experience blazing hot wings so you don't spoil that he-man image you think you have going on. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:22 pm

Beer + Hot Wing = The best....
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:27 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:Beer + Hot Wing = The best....

I won't eat wings without beer. Ever.

On the flip side, I enjoy beer without wings regularly.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Beer + Hot Wing = The best....

I won't eat wings without beer. Ever.

On the flip side, I enjoy beer without wings regularly.

Same.

I WILL NOT eat wings without a beer. I don't see a point...they go together.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:30 pm

Buc2 wrote:So I take you he-men will only allow your palates to experience blazing hot wings so you don't spoil that he-man image you think you have going on. :lol:

I go off the menu hot to help put hair on my chest

Generally though, I go Hot BBQ or Hot Buffalo. If I'm going something without heat, I will do the salt and vinegar dry rub.
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Buc2 wrote:So I take you he-men will only allow your palates to experience blazing hot wings so you don't spoil that he-man image you think you have going on. :lol:

I go off the menu hot to help put hair on my chest

Generally though, I go Hot BBQ or Hot Buffalo. If I'm going something without heat, I will do the salt and vinegar dry rub.

I enjoy a variety of different flavors, including hot bbq and buffalo of all heat ranges (except burn-my-lips-off hot).

And, yes, MB, all MUST be enjoyed with beer.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Rocker » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:31 pm

A non-chain wing place I used to frequent in VA had some of the hottest garlic flavored wings I've ever tasted.

Hooter's has a dry rub wing, best thing they've got on the menu.

Side note: Ford's Garage. Great place, famous for their burgers; helluva tap list, rotating local brew menu. Ordered their "Cajun" chicken & shrimp mac... ****ing thing gave me the sweats, and this is coming from a guy that eats ghost peppers. Asked their manager if this was their normal recipe, apparently the cook messed up the dish :lol:
Rocker

Postby Super K » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Rocker wrote:A non-chain wing place I used to frequent in VA had some of the hottest garlic flavored wings I've ever tasted.

Side note: Ford's Garage. Great place, famous for their burgers; helluva tap list, rotating local brew menu. Ordered their "Cajun" chicken & shrimp mac... ****ing thing gave me the sweats, and this is coming from a guy that eats ghost peppers. Asked their manager if this was their normal recipe, apparently the cook messed up the dish :lol:

Hahahahha...he lit your ass up.. literally!!
Super K

Postby Rocker » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Super K wrote:
Rocker wrote:A non-chain wing place I used to frequent in VA had some of the hottest garlic flavored wings I've ever tasted.

Hahahahha...he lit your ass up.. literally!!

Dude. That **** was intense.

Get it?
Rocker

Postby Buc2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Some beers I bought today as a gift for a friend's birthday...

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:56 pm

That Avery is great...a little over priced for the size and ABV, but that entire series is delicious.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Enjoy your craft beer.

I'm having a sweat your ass off, manual labor, pound the Bud light kind of day.

...because I need to stay hydrated
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:23 pm

I know I've touted D9 for their excellent sours (Systema Natvra and Cape Canavaral are two of my favorite sours period), but they make great other beer as well.

Their Swell Rider Tangerine Sessions IPA and Brown Sugar Brown Cow are awesome and well balanced beers. These and Anderson Valley's Blood Orange Gose are my go to beers. I always have a 6 of each in the fridge.

Their Hakuna Matata is their only bad brew I've had.
uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:27 pm

If you are a hop head.

Hopslam by Bell's is probably the best DIPA for the buck, IMO. Their newest version usually comes out around January, but it's great for the ABV and balance. Not too bitter and really good. If you see it around, I'd grab a bottle or 6.
uscbucsfan

Postby RedLeader » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Throwing down a Heineken big boy for the train ride home.

First class all the way, baby.
RedLeader

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:17 pm

If you're in the area, Big Storm just released their Oktoberfest and still has the Belgian flights (single through a 15% quintuple) available. It's a good time to swing by if you haven't checked them out before.

bucfanclw

Postby Bucs N Beers » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:40 am

I don't frequent "Off-Topic" boards much but this thread was mentioned in a team discussion thread and I had to pop in. I love beer. Will try to post in this thread fairly frequently. I usually go to the craft beer store about once a week. Never had much of a "collection" because when I buy it I want to drink it, but i do have a few stouts that I've been able to put away and leave alone for a month or two now, list below.

Mostly a hophead. Big fan of Stone Enjoy By - Fresh IPA 10% ABV. Drank 4 during the Bengals game LOL, Friggin preseason.

Favorite new beer i've tried this year - Troegs Nimble Giant Double IPA. Super smooth and 9% ABV.

I'm currently aging:
Evil Twin - Mexican Cake Break - never had it but a buddy of mine raves about it. Gonna let it sit for a month or two
Deschutes Black Butte 29 Bday Reserve - Never had it, but it sounds fantastic. Cocoa, cinnamon and cayenne 50% aged in rum and boubon barrels
Avery Beast CRU - Belgian strong ale. 18% ABV. Yowsa.
Dog Fish Head Oak Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout - Really excited for this. Was able to grab 2.
Founders DKML - Malt Liquor aged in Bourbon barrels. Not the most tantalizing sounding, so I'll let it sit and mellow for a bit.

I know I'm bordering TLDR territory so I'll cut it out. Hooray beer.
Last edited by Bucs N Beers on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucs N Beers

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:44 am

Bucs N Beers wrote:I don't frequent "Off-Topic" boards frequently, but this thread was mentioned in a team discussion thread and I had to pop in. I love beer. Will try to post in this thread fairly frequently. I usually go to the craft beer store about once a week. Never had much of a "collection" because when I buy it I want to drink it, but i do have a few stouts that I've been able to put away and leave alone for a month or two now, list below.

Mostly a hophead. Big fan of Stone Enjoy By - Fresh IPA 10% ABV. Drank 4 during the Bengals game LOL, Friggin preseason.

Favorite new beer i've tried this year - Troegs Nimble Giant Double IPA. Super smooth and 9% ABV.

I'm currently aging:
Evil Twin - Mexican Cake Break - never had it but a buddy of mine raves about it. Gonna let it sit for a month or two
Deschutes Black Butte 29 Bday Reserve - Never had it, but it sounds fantastic. Cocoa, cinnamon and cayenne 50% aged in rum and boubon barrels
Dog Fish Head Oak Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout - Really excited for this. Was able to grab 2.
Founders DKML - Malt Liquor aged in Bourbon barrels. Not the most tantalizing sounding, so I'll let it sit and mellow for a bit.

Username checks out.

Black Butte Porter is OUTSTANDING.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:09 am

Bucs N Beers wrote:Founders DKML - Malt Liquor aged in Bourbon barrels. Not the most tantalizing sounding, so I'll let it sit and mellow for a bit.

When I first saw the press release for this, I thought for sure it was a joke. Aging that one has to be a tough call. I'm sure fresh it's hot and boozy as hell, but I don't know what aging malt liquor would be like. Definitely keep us updated.
NYBF

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:43 pm

Bucs N Beers wrote:I don't frequent "Off-Topic" boards much but this thread was mentioned in a team discussion thread and I had to pop in. I love beer. Will try to post in this thread fairly frequently. I usually go to the craft beer store about once a week. Never had much of a "collection" because when I buy it I want to drink it, but i do have a few stouts that I've been able to put away and leave alone for a month or two now, list below.

I'm currently aging:

I never miss an "Enjoy by" they are always fantastic. Did try Hopslam by Bells? It's pretty great for the abv.

I've aged a similar beer to the Evil Twin, Westbrook's Mexican Cake and I didn't think it enhanced it that much. IMO the best of the spicy chocolate beers is Prarie's Bomb, but that's just an opinion.

I really have had some success aging sours and farm saisons (Maggie's Balckberry Cobbler by Terrapin was great a year later). It does mellow out the booziness of bourbon barrel stuff, depending on the beer, can be good or bad.

I have been looking everywhere for the Dog Fish Head Oak Aged Vanilla WWS...Their beer for breakfast made me try everything they have...I hated and quit on my quest after drinking Olde School, but let me know how that turns out.

Welcome to the beer thread! I just started posting a few weeks ago and I'd classify myself as a sour/gose connoisseur. I enjoy all beer, though.
uscbucsfan

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Bucs N Beers wrote:I don't frequent "Off-Topic" boards much but this thread was mentioned in a team discussion thread and I had to pop in. I love beer. Will try to post in this thread fairly frequently. I usually go to the craft beer store about once a week. Never had much of a "collection" because when I buy it I want to drink it, but i do have a few stouts that I've been able to put away and leave alone for a month or two now, list below.

I'm currently aging:

Never got into the IPA, hoppy beer.... Have flashbacks to those old Milwaukees Best "bitter beer" commercials....

Love my lager beers though!!!!
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Super K » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:30 pm

"Bitter Beer Face" was Keystone, no?
Super K

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Super K wrote:"Bitter Beer Face" was Keystone, no?

Keystone had Keith Stone.

Damned funny commercials.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Super K » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Super K wrote:"Bitter Beer Face" was Keystone, no?

Keystone had Keith Stone.

Keith Stone was ****ing hilarious..

But being "wrong" about pointless, useless, pieces of **** trivia irks me so I googled it..Bitter Beer face was Keystone Light..
Super K

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:29 pm

Super K wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Keystone had Keith Stone.

But being "wrong" about pointless, useless, pieces of **** trivia irks me so I googled it..Bitter Beer face was Keystone Light..

We're both right?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bucs N Beers » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:12 am

uscbucsfan wrote:Did try Hopslam by Bells? It's pretty great for the abv.

I have had Hopslam before and it's great. Bells does some good stuff.

uscbucsfan wrote:I've aged a similar beer to the Evil Twin, Westbrook's Mexican Cake and I didn't think it enhanced it that much.

That's a good enough excuse for me to go ahead and drink it haha. Popped it in the fridge this morning and will enjoy watching the game tonight.

uscbucsfan wrote:I have been looking everywhere for the Dog Fish Head Oak Aged Vanilla WWS...Their beer for breakfast made me try everything they have...I hated and quit on my quest after drinking Olde School, but let me know how that turns out.

Ever had 120min? Probably one of the more unique beer experiences IMO. 18-20% ABV. Which I really like because I can sit and drink one over the span of 45-60 minutes and it's like drinking 5 beers in one. So you catch a really nice relaxing buzz without feeling bloated, having to go pee, etc. Just super relaxing. People may see 18-20% ABV and think "let's get trashed", but it's a strong tasting beer so it's not one that you would drink quickly. You're almost forced to drink it slowly and mellow out.
Bucs N Beers

Postby Bucs N Beers » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:14 am

Super K wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Keystone had Keith Stone.

Bucs N Beers

Postby NYBF » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:41 am

Bucs N Beers wrote:Ever had 120min? Probably one of the more unique beer experiences IMO. 18-20% ABV. Which I really like because I can sit and drink one over the span of 45-60 minutes and it's like drinking 5 beers in one. So you catch a really nice relaxing buzz without feeling bloated, having to go pee, etc. Just super relaxing. People may see 18-20% ABV and think "let's get trashed", but it's a strong tasting beer so it's not one that you would drink quickly. You're almost forced to drink it slowly and mellow out.

Ever age one? I know it's somewhat blasphemous to age an IPA, but 120 min can withstand the hops being toned down a bit. Split a 5 year old one with a couple friends and it was a pretty unique taste.
NYBF

Postby Konatown » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:57 am

NYBF wrote:
Bucs N Beers wrote:Ever had 120min? Probably one of the more unique beer experiences IMO. 18-20% ABV. Which I really like because I can sit and drink one over the span of 45-60 minutes and it's like drinking 5 beers in one. So you catch a really nice relaxing buzz without feeling bloated, having to go pee, etc. Just super relaxing. People may see 18-20% ABV and think "let's get trashed", but it's a strong tasting beer so it's not one that you would drink quickly. You're almost forced to drink it slowly and mellow out.

Ever age one? I know it's somewhat blasphemous to age an IPA, but 120 min can withstand the hops being toned down a bit. Split a 5 year old one with a couple friends and it was a pretty unique taste.

Bought a 4 pack this past April. Had one right then and one a couple weeks back. Idk why but the one a couple weeks ago was super boozy tasting. Gonna age these other ones and see how they turn out.
Konatown

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic