The PMI 2017 off season rant thread......

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
The PMI 2017 off season rant thread......

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:32 am

Assorted rants to kick off the year:

- As Buc fans we MUST get Mike Smith hired somewhere. It's priority one. Next season depends on it.

The only good thing about him being here is it seperated the casuals from the absolute idiots who thought our DC would be better suited for the press box, LOL. :lol:

(Much more on this later)

- **** you Aguayo. Only thing dumber than our GM is the fans who continue to endorse the move.

He pretty much went post to wire in being the worst FG kicker in the game. He started in preseason, continued to the regular season, ended the season the same way. If we made the playoffs it would no doubt have continued.

I hate to be the guy who said I told you so.......... but I told you so. In the thread we drafted him I made several comments, most along the lines of you being an absolute idiot to support the pick.

And we not only had them support the move when it happened, we had them support it throughout the season (sit down Bootz/NYBF). :roll:

What did I say way back when?

He'll probably be accurate inside 40 or so, unfortunately in the NFL kickers earn their money from 40+ yards, which is exactly where this kid will struggle.

Fast forward to end of season - Aguayo is 4 for 11 from 40 plus yards. Yes, the worst kicker in football from that distance.....

And that's despite the team making a concerted effort to raise his % of made kicks. We passed on several kicks of 50 plus in the last few games. We did so for one reason - an effort to minimize the humiliation Licht is going through for this boneheaded move.

On top of that, the longest kick he made all season was from 43 yards away!!!!!!! Again, far and away the shortest in the NFL. He was last in this as well. A couple had 47 and 48 yards being their longest, everyone else in the 50's and/or 60's. Most college/HS kickers will make one from 43 yards in the season.

This wasn't a bad pick, this was absolutely devastating. We see 3rd, 4th, 5th round rookies playing against us every week making big contributions. Our 2nd rounder stunk it up all season long. While he was 4 for 11 from 40+, the kicker from the the Ravens was 24 for 24 from 40+ yards. Was he a 1st rounder Coach McIrish?? No, he was an undrafted free agent. :roll:

And BTW games are not played the same way regardless of score. Regardless of what happens. Nothing is more casual than losing a game 38-34 and then some chowderhead saying the 41 yarder our kicker missed wouldn't have made a difference anyway since we lost by 4 points. :roll:

I saw it more than once where the team (and fan base) just become dejected after the kicker missing another chip shot. Despite a steady diet of kicking extra point type of FG's to boost his % we were still the worst in football. Kickers doing better than Aguayo were fired during the season.

And that's the worst part of all this, we're stuck with this kid. They may say "open competition" next year but you can bet your ass he will be back next year. Licht hoping/praying that the kid get hot so he can redeem himself and save face. :roll:

- One final announcement, the BucZone LEGEND program will be kicked off in 2017, along with it the PMI official top 10 posters of the month.....

My people have been meeting with the BZ people for months. I will be flying out to a sprawling ranch like compound outside of Atlanta where the BucZone staff is located to finalize the details.

Oh and BTW, everyone IS PARTICIPATING. You have no choice. I like to post it early because every year the posters who care the most are the first one's out here posting to insist they don't want to be nominated, the whole thing is stupid, and so on. We will get them this year as well, you can count on it, that's how you can tell who wants it the most.

So relax Pete, Moon, the LEGEND program will be back this year, no more PM's please. Sheesh! :roll:

Only LEGENDS and the other top 25% in this thread please, thank you.

As always mail football questions to me here in PM's and/or patrickmcirish@gmail.com!!!!!
Patrick McIrish

Re: The PMI 2017 off season rant thread......

Postby Fiasco » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:14 am

This isn't where I parked my car.
Fiasco

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:22 am

Serious business here NY...err...... Fiasco, keep it moving. Nothing to see here, keep it moving, nothing to see.......

BTW all Buc fans should be sending correspondence to every team with a HC vacancy asking them to hire Mike Smith.

I've sent about a 1000 or more emails pretending to be a Jax fan, McJax begging the team to hire him.....

My season tickets are gone if we don't hire Mike Smith!! That man is a genius!!

It's a f'ing shame we got a young team, a team that is emotional and plays with passion, and we have one of the most lifeless DC's in the game of football.

The man leading our defense sits up in the press box snapchatting with his grandkids in a suit and tie. :roll:

The irony here is had I started off with "I love Smith", the board would be up in arms about our nonexistent DC on game days, LOL.

THE HIGH ROAD, IT'S MORE A WAY OF LIFE THAN A LOCALE!!!!
Patrick McIrish

Postby Nano » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:50 am

TLDR :dance: :dance: :dance:
Nano

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:52 am

I'll sum it up in three words.. blah blah blah
Noles1724

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:53 am

Is this where we post hot chicks? Or is this where we vote?
mightyleemoon

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:59 am

mightyleemoon wrote:Is this where we post hot chicks? Or is this where we vote?

I think it's where we post a picture of a catch jumping off a ledge.
Noles1724

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Rocker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Poor effort. One might even say that it's a rather low energy post. Expected better. 6/10. Hopefully you can improve next year as well as our beloved Bucs have.
Rocker

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Good, good, no one can question anything I've posted yet. Hope that continues throughout the offseason. :lol: :lol:

Rocker - give me a break, I'm the imitation PMI, can't expect me to live up that level of genius.

MIKE SMITH IS ONE OF THE MOST INNOVATIVE COACHES OF THIS CENTURY, PLEASE DON'T HIRE HIM AWAY!!!
Patrick McIrish

Postby Seamen » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:16 pm

100% agree, also PMI needs mod powers so he can get this place running like it should

I personally flew to San Diego and stood outside the building for days with signs until they interviewed Mike Smith..you can thank me for that one
Seamen

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:19 pm

Actually the voting has already started for the first class of LEGENDS, didn't everyone get the memo?

In case you didn't, five of us were the most nominated, we'll be voted on first.

Many people have voted but still time, send it in PM or my email addy.

Only 3 of these will be in. I will probably use one of the other LEGENDS voted in as an overseer in the program, (please don't be Bootz).

If I'm not voted in I will still run the program this offseason.....

One vote per member.

PMI
Delt
PewterSlime
Bootz
Kenda

Err. but yes, pics of hot chicks always welcome.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Rocker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Any list of nominees that doesn't include LilBJ is automatically and unequivocally null and void.

Unless you prefer your arm on a mantle.
Rocker

Postby NYBF » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:24 pm

I vote PewterSlime
NYBF

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:28 pm

Seamen wrote:100% agree, also PMI needs mod powers so he can get this place running like it should

I personally flew to San Diego and stood outside the building for days with signs until they interviewed Mike Smith..you can thank me for that one

Note to self - move this man up in the poster rankings.

So does anyone else not see why we need a DC on the sidelines?

I laughed my ass off at Cheb's post.

One thing to keep in mind that some casuals may not understand......

Offense controls the tempo. Understand? That means the defense has to always be ready for the ball to be snapped.

So his idea that Smith up there will have an easy time identifying what the offense is doing up there would be comical if not so pathetic.

Err...... excuse me Mr Brady, can you not snap it yet? We send our DC upstairs to try and see what plays you are running, we hope to hear something soon...... :roll:

Keep this in mind - the defenses called are largely situational. Down and distance. Other things can come into play, time left in game, time left in half, score, tendencies and so on.......

But the defense is not reactionary, the offense is. Got it Cheb? Pretending to be a DC might work better if you understood that.

Most DC's have a saying - we could give a **** what they do, it's what WE do that matters! And they're right.

On 3rd and 20 we're going to probably call something to keep the ball in front of the DB's, come up and make the tackle before the sticks, get off the field. Lot of different things we can call.....

Doesn't matter where the hell #87 is lined up, it's the situation we are concerned with!

A DC up in the booth, LOL........ :lol: :lol:
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:28 pm

Edit - double post.

BTW you notice the QB gets off the field and is shown pics from above?

The defense comes off and they're high fiving each other, or kicking each other in the ass.

Point is they don't need to see what the offense is doing from upstairs. That's why you don't need your main man on defense up there. :roll:

You execute on defense you get off the field. It's about controlled aggression. Offense is about timing, rhythm.

So pretty funny with Cheb says "Smith isn't an emotional coach, he isn't a rah rah guy". THAT'S THE ****ing GIG YOU MORON!!!

Defense is ALL about emotion. You want to be a lifeless moron that sits in the cool air coach the offense next time, moron.

We don't get rid of this guy we will underachieve again next year on defense. You heard it here first.
Last edited by Patrick McIrish on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Bucs N Beers » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:30 pm

Noles1724 wrote:

I think it's where we post a picture of a catch jumping off a ledge.

I think it should be the thread for funny YouTube videos. WOOOOO WOOOOOO

Bucs N Beers

Postby NYBF » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:32 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
Seamen wrote:100% agree, also PMI needs mod powers so he can get this place running like it should

Offense controls the tempo. Understand? That means the defense has to always be ready for the ball to be snapped.

So his idea that Smith up there will have an easy time identifying what the offense is doing up there would be comical if not so pathetic.

Err...... excuse me Mr Brady, can you not snap it yet? We send our DC upstairs to try and see what plays you are running, we hope to hear something soon...... :roll:

Keep this in mind - the defenses called are largely situational. Down and distance. Other things can come into play, time left in game, time left in half, score, tendencies and so on.......

But the defense is not reactionary, the offense is. Got it Cheb? Pretending to be a DC might work better if you understood that.

Most DC's have a saying - we could give a **** what they do, it's what WE do that matters! And they're right.

On 3rd and 20 we're going to probably call something to keep the ball in front of the DB's, come up and make the tackle before the sticks, get off the field. Lot of different things we can call.....

Doesn't matter where the hell #87 is lined up, it's the situation we are concerned with!

Patrick McIrish wrote:

You can say that again.
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:42 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:So does anyone else not see why we need a DC on the sidelines?

I actually agreed with you on this subject when you first posted about it. Initial arguments were made at the time, rebutted and re-rebutted. Now I'm done arguing about it because I'm just not into continually beating on dead horses. You seem to enjoy doing that and, I must admit, it is entertaining. Plus it's fun giving you **** now and then because of your HTT attitude. You'll always be everyone's #1 favorite whipping boy (sit down, Bootz) and I really look forward to the next position you obsess over whether I agree with it or not. heh
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:54 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Patrick McIrish wrote:So does anyone else not see why we need a DC on the sidelines?

I actually agreed with you on this subject when you first posted about it. Initial arguments were made at the time, rebutted and re-rebutted. Now I'm done arguing about it because I'm just not into continually beating on dead horses. You seem to enjoy doing that and, I must admit, it is entertaining. Plus it's fun giving you **** now and then because of your HTT attitude. You'll always be everyone's #1 favorite whipping boy (sit down, Bootz) and I really look forward to the next position you obsess over whether I agree with it or not. heh

I come to the forum to rant about this team. I don't make things up, I don't decide to post things for the hell of it. I believe what I post.

I "ranted" about Gruden running off McKay, was told it was absolute nonsense, that McKay was nothing to this organization and we would continue to win with the next GM that Chuck brought in.

We saw how that turned out.

We saw how Aguayo did this year.

And for informed folks we saw what Smith cost us this year.

I saw immediately that we were not using him to our full advantage. I mean seriously, you would have to be an absolute idiot to think otherwise.

And yes, I realize some do it just to be on the other side of my position, I enjoy those folks. I like controlling what they think and what they're going to post.....

Sometimes I go along with it just because I WANT to keep hammering away at the same point.

And yes, you better believe if we keep this clown and he sits up there all year you're going to hear about it all year long again. It's ****ing ridiculous.

Yes, I noticed you got this one right. You're one of those that prefers to go along with the crowd, hoping to go after what you see as unpopular points/posters in hopes of gaining favor with the majority.

I was shocked that you not only saw this, but that you had the balls to post it. Props.

I give you credit for this one, like I do everyone when they're right, but you're still a follower in my book.....

Who posts something is more important to you than what they post. A common mistake.

You're too old for that silliness.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Buc2 wrote:

I actually agreed with you on this subject when you first posted about it.

So now you're saying you think our best use of Smith and our DC is sit him up in the press box?

I didn't realize you had changed your mind.

No shame, you wouldn't be the first.

Several times you see that, people realize they're not in the majority and might actually have to support their opinion. They quickly get a change of heart.

I don't purposely find the minority view, it just so happens I'm one of few that understand the game AND not a big enough homer to always see things through pewter lenses.....

On a board like this of course I'm on the other side of the cooks, kids and casuals, I think all of us are most comfortable that way.....

Them with the numbers, me with the smarts.

We move on.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:04 pm

The NE DC, can't think of his name right now and not going to google it, but what a coordinator.

When their ST's put the other team back near their goal line, at the last second he shifted the DL high and got the safety......

Next week I saw another DC do almost the exact same thing. Late call from the sidelines and got the safety.

Smith? We sit in the press box passively and pray for penalties. If we don't get one we watch Brees or whoever go 90+ f'ing yards for a TD.

Our defense, I could list the players, they are way better than what we saw.

I know, I know, no one can see it yet, but add a little emotion and schemes from the 21st century and everyone is going to be surprised next season.

If we can get Winston to the next level I see big things (if Smith is hired elsewhere).
Patrick McIrish

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:15 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I actually agreed with you on this subject when you first posted about it.

So now you're saying you think our best use of Smith and our DC is sit him up in the press box?

No. I haven't changed my mind. I'm just not into beating dead horses.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:You're one of those that prefers to go along with the crowd, hoping to go after what you see as unpopular points/posters in hopes of gaining favor with the majority.

That's pretty funny stuff there. Wrong, but still funny.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:28 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Patrick McIrish wrote:

Yeah, it's a lot of pressure if you aren't used to it.

You're probably used to sitting in the bleachers, let me handle it.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
Buc2 wrote:

I am actually. Never played organized football. Watched all my life, but never played. You go ahead and knock yourself out.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:33 pm

One last off-topic rant for the week-end.......

Folks, if you're 45 years old and overweight, there is going to be nothing magical about 2017.   Please understand that.

I'm serious.  I'm not trying to be negative, I'm trying to save you money.......

STAY OUT OF THE GYMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Don't give them your money!

This hoard of new people every January is enough to send me over the edge. 

Not only the crowds awaiting benches, machines, whatever...... it's these idiots always seem to get the idea I'm interested in their "journey".  

A journey that ends every February for 99% of them.  :roll:

Save your money, buy a dog, pretend to be a nurse, do something other than waste your time and money in a gym.   You're never going to stick with it.

And one more thing, I'm SO tired of people thinking because I walk around with about 7% body fat my life is great!? 

First off, the 7% is why these Jan 1st warriors always approach me in the gym.   The headphones aren't enough, guess I'm going to the Oakleys next......

I don't want to talk to you!   Because I have 7% body fat doesn't mean I work there!   I'm not a trainer, I just look like one. 

Also, think I can peel the lid off and jog around town?   Hell no!   Every middle-aged male with a midsection tries to run me over. 

I'm not kidding.  Kind of like the forums, the jealousy factor kicks in.  

I can't count how many times I've almost been hit when running around the block without a shirt, and it's always men that try to mow you down.

I'm sure hot women get the same thing from the Kenda's of the world.  It gets old, it really does.

So because of that I either run in the gym or I run outside with a shirt on.   It's the only way.  Hello farmer's tan! :x

And lastly I can't rant enough about this......

When you're known for having more cuts than a Barry Saunders highlight film, it's always expected for you to look like that!

Two years or 20 years from now, when people see me I have to look the same.  I better have the killer abs I've always had.

If some chess club baller (sit down Bootz) happens to lose weight and harden up, he gets props all around.  Me at 7% body fat?  Nothing.

It's expected. Even as I age I better be in stellar shape or it will be noticed. And not in a positive way.

I can't win, I can only lose.   It's frustrating folks.  

Yes, I probably get more ***** than the rest of the board combined, but having that hang over your head constantly gets old.....

I can't improve, I have to stay looking this way or "go downhill".    From this point on in my life I can't win with fitness.

Jan 1st warriors giving their money away, farmers tan, or impossible standards, this 7% body fat stuff is not a lot of fun. It really isn't.

So think twice before you comment on how people like me have it made, it's hurtful. I almost wish at times I could look like the rest of the world.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:34 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Patrick McIrish wrote:

I am actually. Never played organized football. Watched all my life, but never played. You go ahead and knock yourself out.

With pleasure.......
Patrick McIrish

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:39 pm

NYBF wrote:I vote PewterSlime

2nd
Bootz2004

Postby Swashy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:43 pm

I thought this is where we piled on
Swashy

Next

Return to Off Topic