Official Superhero Discussion Thread

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Official Superhero Discussion Thread

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:20 pm

They need to dump Snyder. I doubt they'll do the right thing.
uscbucsfan

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 pm

terrytate wrote:
PetePierson wrote:DC just can't get anything right.
Superman may be most lame super hero ever and Cavill nailed it in Man of Steel.

DC also screwed up Batman in Dawn of Justice & Justice League. Affleck would have been perfect grizzled, old, cynical & broken down Batman.

Agreed on all counts. Cavill did great. It was the decision making around him that was atrocious. The way his dad died, everything about their Luthor. People should get blacklisted for this stuff.

Also, Micheal B Jordan is overrated. He was fine in Creed because that character was a perfect fit for what he does. Otherwise, he has absolutely no range. He has one act.

Really? One act? I get not liking him... to each their own... but I'd hardly call him one dimensional.

This post gave me Deja Vu, but I wasn't sure if it was something said here (and by you). Our nifty little search feature says that it was here and it was you, so I'll just repost...

Deja Entendu wrote:
terrytate wrote:
Different parts, but acted exactly the same way. Like I said, lots of guys are guilty of this. And yes, Creed and Kilmonger are similar. They were both born to rich and powerful men who were killed, leaving the young kid to fend for himself, get a chip on his shoulder and come back with a vengence trying to prove their worth.

I can see your point with that... kinda. Have you not seen any of his other works though? Wallace in The Wire was a much different part, as was his role in Fruitvale Station... both were incredibly sympathetic and honest portrayals... although both tragic. Also, you already commented on Chronicle.

I just remembered he was in the show Parenthood, too. I liked him in that, but wasn't as aware of who he was then. I haven't seen Friday Night Lights (the series) or that Zac Efron flick so I can't comment on those... maybe he sucked haha.
Deja Entendu

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Yeah Terry just doesn’t like MBJ. Waste of time explaining to him why he is wrong.
PrimeMinister

Postby terrytate » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:52 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Yeah Terry just doesn’t like MBJ. Waste of time explaining to him why he is wrong.

It's mostly true. Maybe it's just me but I don't see the hubbub. For example, Chadwick Boseman could have played Killmonger or Creed, but MBJ could never have played T'Challa or Jackie Robinson like Boseman. Hell, there is a deleted scene in Black Panther where Daniel Kaluuya blows away anything MBJ did in that movie.

Edit: I never saw all of The Wire ( I know, I know) or Fruitvale station, so maybe I just missed his better work.
terrytate

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:09 pm

terrytate wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:Yeah Terry just doesn’t like MBJ. Waste of time explaining to him why he is wrong.

It's mostly true. Maybe it's just me but I don't see the hubbub. For example, Chadwick Boseman could have played Killmonger or Creed, but MBJ could never have played T'Challa or Jackie Robinson like Boseman. Hell, there is a deleted scene in Black Panther where Daniel Kaluuya blows away anything MBJ did in that movie.

Edit: I never saw all of The Wire ( I know, I know) or Fruitvale station, so maybe I just missed his better work.

I'd agree that Chadwick Boseman is a better actor and has been cast in a wider range of roles (I enjoyed him in Message from the King also). I still think Michael B. Jordan has proven to be very good, and has certainly shown more range than you've given credit for. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Also, and more importantly, go back and watch The damn Wire (not for MBJ haha)!
Deja Entendu

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:13 pm

terrytate wrote: I never saw all of The Wire

DreadNaught

Postby Teitan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:27 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

The wire was so boring. I didn’t finish it either. It just never went anywhere.
Teitan

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:29 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

All of this. The Wire is easily a top 5 all time show. IMHO it’s #1.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:41 pm

Teitan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

The wire was so boring. I didn’t finish it either. It just never went anywhere.

DreadNaught

Postby Teitan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:48 pm

I watched maybe 3 seasons? There are no ups, no downs, none of the characters really make you give a **** about them. I don’t know, wasn’t for me. And that kinda thing is up my alley.
Teitan

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Teitan wrote:I watched maybe 3 seasons? There are no ups, no downs, none of the characters really make you give a **** about them. I don’t know, wasn’t for me. And that kinda thing is up my alley.

Sounds like you only watched 2 seasons. Seasons 3 & 4 are some of the best television ever, and the most accurate portrayal of the inner-city drug trade that you'll find.

Lastly, Omar!
Deja Entendu

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:42 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
Teitan wrote:I watched maybe 3 seasons? There are no ups, no downs, none of the characters really make you give a **** about them. I don’t know, wasn’t for me. And that kinda thing is up my alley.

Sounds like you only watched 2 seasons. Seasons 3 & 4 are some of the best television ever, and the most accurate portrayal of the inner-city drug trade that you'll find.

Lastly, Omar!

Season 2 is the worst season of The Wire. I only made it through it because I knew it got great later.
PrimeMinister

Postby Heidguy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:50 pm

So just out of curiosity, if MBJ becomes superman then is he also gonna be Clark Kent/Kal El or will he be another unheard of Kryptonian? Not gonna lie these ppl are trying to ruin my childhood dreams!! I hate the entire idea. I'm mixed and I'm all about "progress" loved the black panther movie, but this is just ****ing dumb!
Heidguy

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:14 pm

IMDB just posted a story on FB where they also noted MBJ may be pursued to fill the role. So the rumors get stronger.
Crocaneers

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Heidguy wrote:So just out of curiosity, if MBJ becomes superman then is he also gonna be Clark Kent/Kal El or will he be another unheard of Kryptonian? Not gonna lie these ppl are trying to ruin my childhood dreams!! I hate the entire idea. I'm mixed and I'm all about "progress" loved the black panther movie, but this is just ****ing dumb!

First off yes Black Panther was ****ing amazing. That being said making Superman black is not “progress”. I truly hope the studio realizes how bad of an idea this is.
PrimeMinister

Postby Heidguy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:29 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Heidguy wrote:So just out of curiosity, if MBJ becomes superman then is he also gonna be Clark Kent/Kal El or will he be another unheard of Kryptonian? Not gonna lie these ppl are trying to ruin my childhood dreams!! I hate the entire idea. I'm mixed and I'm all about "progress" loved the black panther movie, but this is just ****ing dumb!

First off yes Black Panther was ****ing amazing. That being said making Superman black is not “progress”. I truly hope the studio realizes how bad of an idea this is.

Exactly it's not progress it's just downright stupid!
Heidguy

Postby terrytate » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Superman would be just like Killmonger, Creed or Fruitvale station. Another angry, fatherless guy who gets into fights that ultimately changes his life.
terrytate

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:16 pm

terrytate wrote:

terrytate wrote:

Superman would be just like Killmonger, Creed or Fruitvale station. Another angry, fatherless guy who gets into fights that ultimately changes his life.

Cavill already gave us that Superman.

I guess you watched Fruitvale Station today?
Deja Entendu

Postby terrytate » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
terrytate wrote:

terrytate wrote:

No, but it's based on a true story I am familiar with. I do have the Wire in my binge queue though.
terrytate

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
terrytate wrote:

terrytate wrote:

Ignore Terry. He’s just going to butch about MBJ no matter what you say. Even if he hasn’t seen the movie/show.
PrimeMinister

Postby terrytate » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:57 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

Ignore Terry. He’s just going to butch about MBJ no matter what you say. Even if he hasn’t seen the movie/show.

Are people not allowed to have opinions that disagree with yours? Also, feel free to show me where I've slammed something MBJ has done that I haven't seen. Why are you so hung up on this anyway, are you the dudes mom?
terrytate

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:38 am

terrytate wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Are people not allowed to have opinions that disagree with yours? Also, feel free to show me where I've slammed something MBJ has done that I haven't seen. Why are you so hung up on this anyway, are you the dudes mom?

You say the same thing every time MBJ is brought up. Then you admit you’re judging him based partially on a movie you’ve never even watched (Fruitvale Station or all of The Wire) lol. Yes I point out that you simply don’t like MBJ and probably never will so it’s a waste of time even discussing it. So yes we can have differing opinions and I expressed mine like you expressed yours. No need for hurt feelings man.
PrimeMinister

Postby terrytate » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:39 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
terrytate wrote:

You say the same thing every time MBJ is brought up. Then you admit you’re judging him based partially on a movie you’ve never even watched (Fruitvale Station or all of The Wire) lol. Yes I point out that you simply don’t like MBJ and probably never will so it’s a waste of time even discussing it. So yes we can have differing opinions and I expressed mine like you expressed yours. No need for hurt feelings man.

Nein.

I dont even dislike MBJ. I just think he is overrated. People act like he did some amazing thing in Black Panther when he was arguably the 6th best actor in the movie.
terrytate

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:46 am

Iron Fist was much better than this time around.
Bootz2004

Postby PetePierson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Is it me or did Todd Phillips make Phoenix's Joker look just like Bill Murray in Quick Change?

I'm was a hardcore Batman / DC guy. Well, they finally lost me.

Nice work, ***holes
PetePierson

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:27 pm

PetePierson wrote:Is it me or did Todd Phillips make Phoenix's Joker look just like Bill Murray in Quick Change?

Nice work, ***holes

How did he get Joaquin Phoenix to do a major film? I thought he was exclusively Indy now.
Bootz2004

Postby terrytate » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:31 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
PetePierson wrote:Is it me or did Todd Phillips make Phoenix's Joker look just like Bill Murray in Quick Change?

Nice work, ***holes

How did he get Joaquin Phoenix to do a major film? I thought he was exclusively Indy now.

At the rate they are going, DC is going to practically BE indy movies soon enough.
terrytate

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:34 pm

terrytate wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

At the rate they are going, DC is going to practically BE indy movies soon enough.

LMAO! Good point.
Bootz2004

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Nice work, ***holes

Yeah I was looking forward to more Leto as Joker ..

These retro reboots aren't working ...

Meanwhile .... MCU has Venom coming out so .. there's that

Crocaneers

Postby PetePierson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:49 pm

Going to definitely check out Venom. Tom Hardy is a badass.
PetePierson

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic