Official Superhero Discussion Thread

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Official Superhero Discussion Thread

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri May 04, 2018 9:49 am

Spoiler:
There’s 0 chance they do what DOFP did to Last Stand. Loki, Vision, and Heimdall are gone. Everyone else will be saved in same facet. I would bet they destroy the stones to accomplish it or maybe IM can trade his life for all that is trapped in the stone. Not sure. It won’t be 1 for 1
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Fri May 04, 2018 9:59 am

Deuce wrote:
Spoiler:
Obviously no one knows, but this is my favorite theory so far. And the first part of this would be Captain Marvel and the remaining Avengers securing the gauntlet or at least the soul stone.

I have a really hard time believing that they'll just reverse time and bring everyone back. They've told an incredible story so far and to cheapen it by simply traveling back and undoing everything would really be a letdown. I don't think they'll just undo the events of IW, let alone previous movies. They're too good for that.

Spoiler:
It may not be that simple, but we know Avengers 4 has already been shot and there will be parts of that movie where they go back in time b/c it has Cap and IM in their original Avengers attire and Thor w/ long hair. Maybe it's just a flashback, who knows...

On an unrelated topic I would like to say that despite IW being a great movie I was SUPER ****ing DISAPPOINTING in the portrayal of HULK. Other than getting his ass kicked by Thanos in the beginning of the movie we never even saw Hulk, instead it was just that ****ing whiny Mark Rufallo being a beta male.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri May 04, 2018 10:29 am

Spoiler:
Ruffalo in Hulk buster armor was TERRIBLE CGI. It was comically bad. I did think it was funny how scared Hulk was to come back after Thanos bitched him
uscbucsfan

Postby Deuce » Fri May 04, 2018 10:30 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Deuce wrote:
Spoiler:
Obviously no one knows, but this is my favorite theory so far. And the first part of this would be Captain Marvel and the remaining Avengers securing the gauntlet or at least the soul stone.

I have a really hard time believing that they'll just reverse time and bring everyone back. They've told an incredible story so far and to cheapen it by simply traveling back and undoing everything would really be a letdown. I don't think they'll just undo the events of IW, let alone previous movies. They're too good for that.

Spoiler:
It may not be that simple, but we know Avengers 4 has already been shot and there will be parts of that movie where they go back in time b/c it has Cap and IM in their original Avengers attire and Thor w/ long hair. Maybe it's just a flashback, who knows...

On an unrelated topic I would like to say that despite IW being a great movie I was SUPER ****ing DISAPPOINTING in the portrayal of HULK. Other than getting his ass kicked by Thanos in the beginning of the movie we never even saw Hulk, instead it was just that ****ing whiny Mark Rufallo being a beta male.

Spoiler:
Interesting note on the time travel thing. The Hulk thing is true but there were so many characters, I can't really complain about missing one. I also think that my first list matches up eerily well. A lot of the successors (Spider-Man to Iron Man) or more important parts of the relationship (Dr. Strange to Wong) are vaporized. I think there is a reason for that. Also, Hulk can't Hulk anymore, Thor has lost everything, Iron Man wants to have a normal life...the time for a phase-out seems ripe for a lot of the original heroes.

And we have a whole year of this...
Deuce

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri May 04, 2018 11:03 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Deuce wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I understand what you're saying about Hulk, but I disagree. Hulk ran into an ass whipping for the first time in his existence and did not deal with this well at all. Bruce Banner was the opposite of a beta male. He was a non powered human willing to fight against Thanos' army. Not sure why that is considered beta male behavior.

The reason this does not bother me is because of what I believe Marvel is about to do with Hulk. In the comics after Plant Hulk (which was partly shown in Ragnarok) Hulk becomes 'World Breaker Hulk' and destroys damn near all Marvel characters and the entire eastern seaboard. I believe we will see this version of Hulk in Avengers 4 because that's the power level needed to beat Thanos. I expect in A4 multiple characters will 'level up' like Thor did in A3.
PrimeMinister

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:10 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I understand what you're saying about Hulk, but I disagree. Hulk ran into an ass whipping for the first time in his existence and did not deal with this well at all. Bruce Banner was the opposite of a beta male. He was a non powered human willing to fight against Thanos' army. Not sure why that is considered beta male behavior.

The reason this does not bother me is because of what I believe Marvel is about to do with Hulk. In the comics after Plant Hulk (which was partly shown in Ragnarok) Hulk becomes 'World Breaker Hulk' and destroys damn near all Marvel characters and the entire eastern seaboard. I believe we will see this version of Hulk in Avengers 4 because that's the power level needed to beat Thanos. I expect in A4 multiple characters will 'level up' like Thor did in A3.

Spoiler:
100% agree here and thought the same thing. They might have changed the name but this is essentially still a 2 part movie. The 1st parts always leave a ton of meat on the bone and unfortunately you gotta wait another year to get the full payoff. Hulk being man handled showed more depth to the character and really put into perspective how bad ass Thanos is. Perfect execution.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Fri May 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Mark Ruffalo is a bitch ass MOFO, don't @ me!! :birdiedoublered:
DreadNaught

Postby Super K » Fri May 04, 2018 3:20 pm

Are we allowed to talk about this flick openly yet or not? Because I want to get involved with the conversation but only use the mobile function thus using spoilers is a pain in the ass. It's been a week how long do we go? Not trying to sound like a **** I'm using my text to talk or whatever.
Super K

Postby Super K » Fri May 04, 2018 3:21 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Mark Ruffalo is a bitch ass MOFO, don't @ me!! :birdiedoublered:

Couldn't agree more sir!
Super K

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri May 04, 2018 3:21 pm

Super K wrote:Are we allowed to talk about this flick openly yet or not? Because I want to get involved with the conversation but only use the mobile function thus using spoilers is a pain in the ass. It's been a week how long do we go? Not trying to sound like a **** I'm using my text to talk or whatever.

To be fair it is still sold out. If someone isn't buying a week in advanced, they may not have gone yet. I'm going again to see it in 3D, not sure if it will make it better or not.
uscbucsfan

Postby Super K » Fri May 04, 2018 3:26 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Super K wrote:Are we allowed to talk about this flick openly yet or not? Because I want to get involved with the conversation but only use the mobile function thus using spoilers is a pain in the ass. It's been a week how long do we go? Not trying to sound like a **** I'm using my text to talk or whatever.

To be fair it is still sold out. If someone isn't buying a week in advanced, they may not have gone yet. I'm going again to see it in 3D, not sure if it will make it better or not.

Fair enough...I'll get on the laptop later on and chime in...

I saw it in 3D IMAX...don't think it adds anything to it..

Infact,.I dont like 3D... ESPECIALLY when the glasss look like ****er whom had them before me
licked the lenses all up and down..
Last edited by Super K on Fri May 04, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super K

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri May 04, 2018 3:27 pm

Super K wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:To be fair it is still sold out. If someone isn't buying a week in advanced, they may not have gone yet. I'm going again to see it in 3D, not sure if it will make it better or not.

We could make a Superheroes spoiler thread....
uscbucsfan

Postby RedLeader » Fri May 04, 2018 3:28 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Super K wrote:

We could make a Superheroes spoiler thread....

Ya, i suggested this a week ago, you mooks.
RedLeader

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:37 pm

I'm ready to speak about it now. If you haven't seen it stay away until you do.
Bootz2004

Postby Hit55 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:52 pm

To be fair, this is a general superhero thread of sorts. It's not necessarily the Avengers IW thread. Some people may come in looking for, or wanting to deliver news on other upcoming movies/projects as well.

I agree with a spoilers thread. Doesn't have to just be superhero movie spoilers either (though it really doesn't matter)...it could be an all-encompassing spoilers thread for all movies if necessary.

That said...very good movie. It was what I expected going in. How it played out was fantastic, in my opinion.
Hit55

Postby Crocaneers » Sun May 06, 2018 9:20 pm

I watched the last of the Bale Batman movies today.. I still like it but remember everyone really not liking it.

Anyone?
Crocaneers

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:22 pm

Crocaneers wrote:I watched the last of the Bale Batman movies today.. I still like it but remember everyone really not liking it.

Anyone?

I thought it was great. I seem to remember everyone comparing it to The Dark Knight though. That movie was all time great. Dark Knight rises wasn’t as great but was still damn good and a strong ending.
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun May 06, 2018 9:32 pm

I thought it was good and maybe better than Batman Begins, but it wasn't great. TDK was great and that's really the only DC movie I put on that level. Wonder Woman was really good and I put it even with Winter Solider as far as characters I don't care too much about, but the movies were really good. TDK was a great movie that transcended the super hero genre, partially due to the Ledger's death, but it created such an unfair expectation for DKR and many people were let down. I disliked the "twist" in the end of DKR, but I enjoyed the ride.

edit: That set was the last Blue Ray/DVD I ever purchased. Everything is digital now in my library.
uscbucsfan

Postby Crocaneers » Mon May 07, 2018 7:00 am

Funny you say that USC .. I actually think the twist at the end was really good. I liked Caine as Albert, and haven't accepted Irons. I can move past that, as I get the game.

TDK was all time classic, and holding it up to any light wouldn't be fair. From the music, to the cast, to the characters, it was really stellar.

Maybe that's what has me about DKR. Open potential. We have the CatWoman story, Robin's discovery, and the tip of the champagne glass.
Crocaneers

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon May 07, 2018 7:13 am

uscbucsfan wrote:I thought it was good and maybe better than Batman Begins, but it wasn't great. TDK was great and that's really the only DC movie I put on that level. Wonder Woman was really good and I put it even with Winter Solider as far as characters I don't care too much about, but the movies were really good. TDK was a great movie that transcended the super hero genre, partially due to the Ledger's death, but it created such an unfair expectation for DKR and many people were let down. I disliked the "twist" in the end of DKR, but I enjoyed the ride.

edit: That set was the last Blue Ray/DVD I ever purchased. Everything is digital now in my library.

The twist was unnecessary.

Edit: I dislike how Talia was portrayed.
Phantom Phenom

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon May 07, 2018 8:50 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I thought it was good and maybe better than Batman Begins, but it wasn't great. TDK was great and that's really the only DC movie I put on that level. Wonder Woman was really good and I put it even with Winter Solider as far as characters I don't care too much about, but the movies were really good. TDK was a great movie that transcended the super hero genre, partially due to the Ledger's death, but it created such an unfair expectation for DKR and many people were let down. I disliked the "twist" in the end of DKR, but I enjoyed the ride.

This. The unnecessary twist made Bane into a bitch. The twist ruined the movie and that ending fight scene was both rushed and anticlimactic. After Batman got his ass beaten and back broken then ending fight should have been epic. TDR was by far my least favorite of the trilogy.
PrimeMinister

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon May 07, 2018 8:57 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:

This. The unnecessary twist made Bane into a bitch. The twist ruined the movie and that ending fight scene was both rushed and anticlimactic. After Batman got his ass beaten and back broken then ending fight should have been epic. TDR was by far my least favorite of the trilogy.

It was instant that he went from beast to bitch in that scene. It was upsetting, but the rest of the movie before that was really good.
uscbucsfan

Postby Deuce » Mon May 07, 2018 9:16 am

I've never been a superhero fan before/outside of the MCU. As such, TDK is perfect. I don't need to know anything going in, everyone knows who the Joker is, and there's a simple plot. Ledger and Bale's acting, the darkness, the way the hero and villain are portrayed are all really good.

Thinking back, TDKR had weird characters that I didn't know, the plot seemed long and a little confusing, and Batman was a weak, old man. I remember thinking Bane was temporarily stunned or something...but he just died without any fanfare. I actually really liked Bane but that was about it.
Deuce

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:24 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:

I agree but another thing about TDKR that bothers me is how they portray Bruce Wayne in the movie. This is a man who was motivated to fight crime and make a difference in Gotham after his parent's deaths but his kind-of-sorta-not really girlfriend dies and he goes into hiding like a little girl for 10 years? That threw me off right away, that isn't Batman. The movie itself had a lot of good stuff in it and most of it was good, but two completely unnecessary plot narratives that Nolan threw in the beginning and the end made it the weakest of that trilogy.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Buc2 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:40 pm

A little aside in the superhero discussions...

Police Investigating After Robert Downey Jr.'s $325,000 Iron Man Suit Is Stolen From Prop Warehouse

The original Iron Man suit worn by Robert Downey Jr.’s Tony Stark in the Marvel character’s first big screen outing in 2008 has been stolen by some super villains.

According to the Los Angeles Police Department, the maroon and gold suit worn was reported missing from The Movie Prop Storage on Tuesday. The prop house said that the suit was taken between Feb. and April 25 of this year, according to police.

“It was reported by the storage facility that the prop was missing. It is considered a burglary,” an LAPD spokesperson told PEOPLE.

The story was first reported by The Los Angeles Times, which listed the costume’s value at $325,000.

Downey wore the suit in the original Iron Man film directed by Jon Favreau. The movie, which raked in $585 million at box offices worldwide, was the first installment of the multi-billion dollar Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu May 10, 2018 12:55 pm

You'll never see it again.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:You'll never see it again.

It'll turn up at some auction some day after the statue of limitations has expired.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu May 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:You'll never see it again.

It'll turn up at some auction some day after the statue of limitations has expired.

I'm looking at it like a piece of fine art that got stolen. Some ***hole wants the suit in his man cave and it'll get bought and sold by similar ***holes for the next 50+ years.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu May 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Same thing happened to a bunch of Star Trek props in the late 90s.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:It'll turn up at some auction some day after the statue of limitations has expired.

I'm looking at it like a piece of fine art that got stolen. Some ***hole wants the suit in his man cave and it'll get bought and sold by similar ***holes for the next 50+ years.

Good point. You're probably right.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic