Official Superhero Discussion Thread

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Official Superhero Discussion Thread

Postby VauntedTampa2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 am

So much for no nut November
VauntedTampa2

Postby pewterpirates » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:14 am

I've watched the Infinity War trailer about 74 times already. This movie is going to be so epic. Everything over the past decade has led to this movie.

"Get that man a shield."

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
pewterpirates

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:44 am

pewterpirates wrote:I've watched the Infinity War trailer about 74 times already. This movie is going to be so epic. Everything over the past decade has led to this movie.

"Get that man a shield."

Yep ... I had to file an hour of PTO .. it was worth it ... :)

and if you want to have fun ... watch Tom Holland find out what's in the box

https://hellogiggles.com/reviews-covera ... -avengers/
Crocaneers

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:38 am

MJW wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Exactly. JL was a fun trip to the theater and that's that.

I don't remember having any fun. I remember a lot of actors standing in front of obvious green-screens, saying lines as if off a teleprompter, then fighting a cartoon character.

BTW...Not to be dramatic, but Superman and Batman are undoubtedly in the top ten amongst famous/beloved characters in Western Culture. Maybe in the top five. Superman might only be 2nd to you-know-who.

So, is it unreasonable to have higher standards than, 'mildly diverting?' when they make a movie about them with a blank check? If you go so Ant-Man, and it's an entertaining couple of hours, you're happy with that. This wasn't remotely as good as Ant-Man.

You were expecting Citizen Kane?

Yes, the Villain was meh, yes, there was some lousy dialogue. I honestly don't know wtf you expect.
Spoiler:
Personally, I was fist pumping in the theater during that scene with BM and WW discussing bringing Supes back. It finally put the man of steel back where he's supposed to be which is "The light to show the way" and "An ideal to strive for" that I was flatly denied in BvS. I was so jazzed just to see him back in action that I'm willing to forgive some corny lines while he knocks the **** out of a lousy bad guy.

There's going to be another standalone Superman film in the next year or two and I fully expect to see that character completely restored to his former glory.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:55 am

pewterpirates wrote:I've watched the Infinity War trailer about 74 times already. This movie is going to be so epic. Everything over the past decade has led to this movie.

"Get that man a shield."

This trailer makes me wonder if Cap, Bucky or both will appear in Black Panther.

I'm also anxious to see the interaction between 2 genius douche bags in Stranger and Stark.

Also my biggest question from the end of Ragnork was answered.
Bootz2004

Postby Teitan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:01 pm

I feel like it’s fairly obvious they will have some appearance in it. Odd that they would give it away in this trailer.
Teitan

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:06 pm

Teitan wrote:I feel like it’s fairly obvious they will have some appearance in it. Odd that they would give it away in this trailer.

They kind of gave it away with the post credits scene in Civil War
bucfanclw

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:49 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Miller4Prez64 wrote:
The box office number is the only thing that matters unfortunately. The suits at the top invested a lot of money into this film and it's not meeting expectations at all. Major changes are basically a guarantee, but I think we knew that going in. Warner Bros. just needs to take the entire franchise into a completely different direction.

Is that really the case? Last year I made the case that Suicide Squad was a success because of the box office figures yet people here said otherwise. It’s still early for the film and it’s nearly at half a billion dollar. But if it’s the box office that what matters most then DCEU is just fine.

Nearly half a billion after your first two weeks is not good. There's a Pixar movie out now outselling this now and a Star Wars movie is on the horizon. It's window to make bank has already passed. I think there is no chance this movie hits 800M world wide and with the production and marketing budgets being huge for this, there is no doubt the suits are not happy. That doesn't mean the movie sucks, but this is worst case scenario for the studio for sure. I also think Suicide Squad was a box office success for Warner Bros., but it was made on a smaller budget than this movie. Expectations are different, and at 745M world wide...it's possible that Suicide Squad could outgross Justice League on a smaller budget.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Miller4Prez64 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Is that really the case? Last year I made the case that Suicide Squad was a success because of the box office figures yet people here said otherwise. It’s still early for the film and it’s nearly at half a billion dollar. But if it’s the box office that what matters most then DCEU is just fine.

Nearly half a billion after your first two weeks is not good. There's a Pixar movie out now outselling this now and a Star Wars movie is on the horizon. It's window to make bank has already passed. I think there is no chance this movie hits 800M world wide and with the production and marketing budgets being huge for this, there is no doubt the suits are not happy. That doesn't mean the movie sucks, but this is worst case scenario for the studio for sure. I also think Suicide Squad was a box office success for Warner Bros., but it was made on a smaller budget than this movie. Expectations are different, and at 745M world wide...it's possible that Suicide Squad could outgross Justice League on a smaller budget.

I think its due to being released while Thor:Ragnarok was still in theaters. they tried to cram it in there right before the Thanksgiving weekend so as not to get it drowned out while folks gear up for The Last Jedi.

They should have released it in late October after Blade Runner had run for a couple of weeks.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Miller4Prez64 wrote:

I think its due to being released while Thor:Ragnarok was still in theaters. they tried to cram it in there right before the Thanksgiving weekend so as not to get it drowned out while folks gear up for The Last Jedi.

They should have released it in late October after Blade Runner had run for a couple of weeks.

You're right, but I think BvS leaving a bad taste in people's mouths also played a big role.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Just saw new Avengers trailer

I don’t think thanos will be defeated in this movie.

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige told Vanity Fair earlier this week that the final Avengers film will be a "finale." This means we might be losing a lot of our beloved heroes in the next two films

Avengers 4 will be secret war
Phantom Phenom

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Just saw new Avengers trailer

I don’t think thanos will be defeated in this movie.

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige told Vanity Fair earlier this week that the final Avengers film will be a "finale." This means we might be losing a lot of our beloved heroes in the next two films

Avengers 4 will be secret war

Chris Evans & Robert Downey Jr both have contracts that expire with the conclusion of the 4th Avengers movie. All indications point to the Winter Soldier taking over the Captain America character. It makes sense as the actor who plays him signed a 9 picture deal with Marvel. Those are the obvious 2 IMO to die.
Bootz2004

Postby Teitan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:15 pm

Yeah the Captain America death has been a hot rumor for a couple years now.
Teitan

Postby Super K » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:22 pm

Infinity war looks pretty badass...

Hopefully it doesn't turn into another Cap/Iron Man bromance all movie long..

I wanna see Spidey whoop some ass!
Super K

Postby Teitan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:35 pm

I think I watched the Spider-Man movie. I honestly can’t remember if I started to and didn’t finish, or it wasn’t that memorable.
Teitan

Postby terrytate » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Edit: didn't realize the new Infinity War trailer was on the previous page. This board moves fast sometimes.

Good stuff all the way around. It LOOKS like the culmination of 10 years of movies.
terrytate

Postby Super K » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:54 pm

Teitan wrote:I think I watched the Spider-Man movie. I honestly can’t remember if I started to and didn’t finish, or it wasn’t that memorable.

Whoa man..just WHOA
Super K

Postby Teitan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:55 pm

Super K wrote:
Teitan wrote:I think I watched the Spider-Man movie. I honestly can’t remember if I started to and didn’t finish, or it wasn’t that memorable.

Whoa man..just WHOA

Wife confirmed we only watched the beginning.
Teitan

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Teitan wrote:
Super K wrote:

Whoa man..just WHOA

Wife confirmed we only watched the beginning.

If you like Spidey AT ALL you should give that one a chance.
PrimeMinister

Postby RedLeader » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:39 pm

Infiniti War looks pretty damn good. Thanos coming to wreck ****.

Marvel knows what they are doing.
RedLeader

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:10 pm

RedLeader wrote:Infiniti War looks pretty damn good.

I especially can't wait to see how the Q60 matches up to AMG GT. I just don't know how they're going to make that look like a believable competition.
bucfanclw

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 am

Teitan wrote:Yeah the Captain America death has been a hot rumor for a couple years now.

Chris Evans has been vocal about wanting to pursue a directing career and drop acting, but he's been locked into a mega franchise. I think he loves the character, but it's likely been too much for him and it's a clean start throughout. They can have Bucky take over for a few movies and down the line they can even do a crazy story that allows the Steve Rodgers character to appear again with a new actor or maybe older Evans. Marvel is starting to accept their crazy and whacky comic side with these movies lately, who knows what we get. But I'm so pumped for Infinity War, I'm not sure we will ever see movies of the magnitude of these Avengers movies they are working on again. The amount of actors and characters that will be in these two movies is mind boggling.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Teitan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:07 am

I just don’t think people will find Bucky as star worthy. The actor isn’t as interesting as Evans, the Character isn’t as good... I don’t know, not sure about that angle
Teitan

Postby Hit55 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:43 am

Miller4Prez64 wrote:But I'm so pumped for Infinity War, I'm not sure we will ever see movies of the magnitude of these Avengers movies they are working on again. The amount of actors and characters that will be in these two movies is mind boggling.

I agree. We will likely never see a cast with this much star power in a single movie/franchise again. If so, it won’t be for a very long time.

Out of curiosity, I did some quick research earlier today. The estimated total net worth of just the cast you see in the trailer for Infinity War (plus Stan Lee because you know he’ll make a cameo, Paul Rudd - didn’t see him in the trailer, and the Russo Brothers) is approximately $1,419,500,000. That’s incredible!

We’ve all been waiting for this for a decade and the big payoff is about to happen. It’s both, saddening and exciting at the same time.
Hit55

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:23 pm

I'm about to ruin Infinity War for all of you.

Remember. Once this is seen, it cannot be unseen. You WILL struggle in the theater if you look at this.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Spoiler:
Mountaineer Buc

Postby RedLeader » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:10 pm

Doh!
RedLeader

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:48 pm

RedLeader wrote:Doh!

Wow... I'm so sorry I did that
Crocaneers

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Teitan wrote:I just don’t think people will find Bucky as star worthy. The actor isn’t as interesting as Evans, the Character isn’t as good... I don’t know, not sure about that angle

This studio made an unknown comic franchise featuring a talking raccoon and tree a block buster franchise that draws big crowds. I think they can expand on Bucky's past more and make an interesting story. Maybe involve Black Widow too, she had a bit of thing with Bucky when they both were Soviets in the comics and in Winter Soldier there was a quick scene that Natasha asked Bucky if he recognized her, so there's already a bit of a seed planted there.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:04 pm

Miller4Prez64 wrote:
Teitan wrote:I just don’t think people will find Bucky as star worthy. The actor isn’t as interesting as Evans, the Character isn’t as good... I don’t know, not sure about that angle

This studio made an unknown comic franchise featuring a talking raccoon and tree a block buster franchise that draws big crowds. I think they can expand on Bucky's past more and make an interesting story. Maybe involve Black Widow too, she had a bit of thing with Bucky when they both were Soviets in the comics and in Winter Soldier there was a quick scene that Natasha asked Bucky if he recognized her, so there's already a bit of a seed planted there.

That scene was in Civil War, but I agree with your point. They can make Bucky a fan favorite and I'd argue that they started doing so in Winter Soldier. People really did like the character and he developed in Civil War as he started getting more of his past back. We'll likely see more development in Infinity War (maybe even Black Panther if he's in it)
Bootz2004

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Miller4Prez64 wrote:

That scene was in Civil War, but I agree with your point. They can make Bucky a fan favorite and I'd argue that they started doing so in Winter Soldier. People really did like the character and he developed in Civil War as he started getting more of his past back. We'll likely see more development in Infinity War (maybe even Black Panther if he's in it)

You're right on it being Civil War, my bad.
Miller4Prez64

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic