Official Superhero Discussion Thread

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Official Superhero Discussion Thread

Postby Teitan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:26 pm

pewterpirates wrote:
Teitan wrote:Yeah, it's not quite what I was expecting.

Same. Didn't even feel like a Thor/Marvel movie just based on the trailer.

Doesn't strike me as a movie that's going to advance his story much. Looks like: Capture Thor, battle royale, end.
Teitan

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:28 pm

PrimeMinister

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:56 pm

Teitan wrote:
pewterpirates wrote:
Same. Didn't even feel like a Thor/Marvel movie just based on the trailer.

Doesn't strike me as a movie that's going to advance his story much. Looks like: Capture Thor, battle royale, end.

That might be a focal point of the movie but overall it's what I'd want to see from a trailer. It didn't tell the entire story of the movie. There are still a ton of questions.

Where's Oden?
What happened to Asgard?
How did Hulk get on whatever planet that is?
How does Doctor Strange fit in?
How does Loki fit in here? Who's side is he on now?

I'm happy with this trailer and very anxious for this movie.
Bootz2004

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:35 pm

Not what I was expecting from a Thor movie and that's a good thing.
PrimeMinister

Postby Teitan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Teitan wrote:

That might be a focal point of the movie but overall it's what I'd want to see from a trailer. It didn't tell the entire story of the movie. There are still a ton of questions.

Where's Oden?
What happened to Asgard?

It also didn't indicate that it would answer any of those questions. We'll see. I'll definitely see it. I mean, it looks fun but it seems (based on this trailer) that it doesn't really fit into the MCU they have built thus far.
Teitan

Postby Super K » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Hulk is gonna whoop that ass..

I liked the trailer..Looks like a fun flick in the vein of GOTG..

But Hulk better do some smashin..
Super K

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:54 pm

GOTG. 2 new trailer just came out
Phantom Phenom

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:36 am

Teitan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Where's Oden?
What happened to Asgard?

It also didn't indicate that it would answer any of those questions. We'll see. I'll definitely see it. I mean, it looks fun but it seems (based on this trailer) that it doesn't really fit into the MCU they have built thus far.

Tbh I don't even understand the point you are making at all. We basically know all those questions will be answered except for maybe how the Hulk got there. We know Odin is in the movie and we know Thor goes to Earth to look for him with the help of Doctor Strange. Also this movie totally fits into what the MCU is building, it's becoming more cosmic based with Infinity War around the corner. We know also that this is going to be a Thor/Hulk buddy road trip movie so everything from this teaser trailer is just touching the surface of the movies main plot. It's only the first trailer.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Teitan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:12 am

I haven't read every shred of information about the movie. So like I said, I'm basing that off this first trailer.
Teitan

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Teitan wrote:I haven't read every shred of information about the movie. So like I said, I'm basing that off this first trailer.

The trailer is just the first teaser trailer and it's basically just hyping up the Planet Hulk aspect of the film. There's a lot more to this movie and Kevin Feige has stated that this film will be Phase 3's Winter Soldier in the sense that it will flip the MCU upside down. I suspect this movie more than any other ties directly into Infinity War, since we know the reason Thor left Earth was to investigate his vision of the infinity stones.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Teitan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Miller4Prez64 wrote:
Teitan wrote:I haven't read every shred of information about the movie. So like I said, I'm basing that off this first trailer.

The trailer is just the first teaser trailer and it's basically just hyping up the Planet Hulk aspect of the film. There's a lot more to this movie and Kevin Feige has stated that this film will be Phase 3's Winter Soldier in the sense that it will flip the MCU upside down. I suspect this movie more than any other ties directly into Infinity War, since we know the reason Thor left Earth was to investigate his vision of the infinity stones.

Cool. I'm not hating on it. Just doesn't seem to have the same tone as the other Thors. Almost has a more GotG vibe.
Teitan

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:19 pm

Teitan wrote:
Miller4Prez64 wrote:

Cool. I'm not hating on it. Just doesn't seem to have the same tone as the other Thors. Almost has a more GotG vibe.

That's a great thing IMO. The 1st 2 Thor movies were not that good and didn't tell much of a story
Bootz2004

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:49 pm

What's interesting is that Guardians of the Galaxy took a lot of inspiration from Jack Kirby space themed comics from back in the day, very bright and colorful. This movie is definitely going in that style and I love it. Thor is the only non Earth based Avenger, so I love that they are finally embracing that instead of constantly trying to force Thor onto Earth based stories.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 am

Marvel's Netflix series' The Defenders & The Punisher have finished filming and will be released this summer/fall. Season 2 of Jessica Jones has started filming and will be released in early 2018
Bootz2004

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:13 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Teitan wrote:

Where's Oden?
What happened to Asgard?

As a guy who loves Planet Hulk...this trailer had me jumping out of my pants.
mightyleemoon

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:54 pm

So, FOX announced three Marvel films next year. New Mutants will release April 13th directed by Josh Boone. Deadpool 2 will come June 1st and Dark Phoenix will release November 2nd. I like that Deadpool got moved into summer, it shows how confident the studio now is about the franchise.

Also, Kevin Feige pretty much said to not expect a official title for the Infinity War follow up coming in 2019. Supposedly the film's title is spoilerly for Infinity War.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Miller4Prez64 wrote:So, FOX announced three Marvel films next year. New Mutants will release April 13th directed by Josh Boone. Deadpool 2 will come June 1st and Dark Phoenix will release November 2nd. I like that Deadpool got moved into summer, it shows how confident the studio now is about the franchise.

Also, Kevin Feige pretty much said to not expect a official title for the Infinity War follow up coming in 2019. Supposedly the film's title is spoilerly for Infinity War.

Deadpool 2 will be hardcore rated R? If it's pg13 I'm not interested.

Xmen sequel Dark Phoenix looks good
Phantom Phenom

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:
Miller4Prez64 wrote:So, FOX announced three Marvel films next year. New Mutants will release April 13th directed by Josh Boone. Deadpool 2 will come June 1st and Dark Phoenix will release November 2nd. I like that Deadpool got moved into summer, it shows how confident the studio now is about the franchise.

It will be rated R and Hugh Jackman is in the movie, but probably as Hugh Jackman.
uscbucsfan

Postby Super K » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:00 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:

It will be rated R and Hugh Jackman is in the movie, but probably as Hugh Jackman.

Booooooooooooooo
Super K

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:17 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:

Xmen sequel Dark Phoenix looks good

Wasn't the first one rated R?
PrimeMinister

Postby Caradoc » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:47 pm

Super K wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Booooooooooooooo

I hear Bruce Campbell will have a cameo as Bruce Campbell though
Last edited by Caradoc on Thu May 04, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caradoc

Postby Corsair » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:37 am

Caradoc wrote:
Super K wrote:

Booooooooooooooo

I hear Bruce Campbell will have a came as Bruce Campbell though

Ew
Corsair

Postby Buc You » Wed May 03, 2017 11:36 am

Saw GotG2 last night. I wasn't sure how I would feel about it being a more standalone Guardians story without much connection to the MCU but after watching it I feel like his was a better way of developing them as characters as well as a team. I really enjoyed the amount of character development they built in this movie. The movie itself was visually stunning, funny, and more emotional than I expected. Kurt Russel was great as was Space Merle. I'm definitely gonna see it again this weekend.
Buc You

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed May 03, 2017 1:37 pm

Buc You wrote:Saw GotG2 last night. I wasn't sure how I would feel about it being a more standalone Guardians story without much connection to the MCU but after watching it I feel like his was a better way of developing them as characters as well as a team. I really enjoyed the amount of character development they built in this movie. The movie itself was visually stunning, funny, and more emotional than I expected. Kurt Russel was great as was Space Merle. I'm definitely gonna see it again this weekend.

I'll be seeing that one on Friday.
PrimeMinister

Postby Nano » Tue May 09, 2017 12:16 am

Sounds like they're making another Hellboy movie lol
Nano

Postby Corsair » Tue May 09, 2017 12:28 am

Wait really?

Still Ron Pearlman?!?!
Corsair

Postby Corsair » Tue May 09, 2017 12:29 am

Damnit, no.

I really like David Harbour, but Pearlman was great.

Pearlman has burned a lot of bridges over the years.
Corsair

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:47 am

GOTG 2 was great! One of my favs in the MCU. And an absolute must see in the continuing MCU story. Great build up to Infinity Wars.
Bootz2004

Postby Corsair » Tue May 09, 2017 12:57 am

Bootz2004 wrote:GOTG 2 was great! One of my favs in the MCU. And an absolute must see in the continuing MCU story. Great build up to Infinity Wars.

Agreed, it was very very good.

The funny thing is that when they announced the first movie my first reaction was that I wasn't tied to the characters and really didn't get the relationships. A talking tree, a raccoon? It's not a recognizable comic for most people, so I was a bit standoffish.

I'm easily more interested in this team of characters than I am the hodgepodge of Avengers or TJL. Getting to create these characters from scratch in my mind has allowed the actors to take a more personal attachment for me. I had so much fun during this movie, and so did the audience. There were so many different visceral reactions from the movie-going audience that it was a great experience to see it in the theaters.

Plus, I've met Chris Pratt personally and that guy deserves every bit of success that he has gotten. It reminds me when Robert Downey got Ironman and nobody knew him as anything more that an 80s/90's fuckup. Pratt is the cornerstone for this franchise.
Corsair

Postby Teitan » Tue May 09, 2017 11:12 am

Corsair wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:GOTG 2 was great! One of my favs in the MCU. And an absolute must see in the continuing MCU story. Great build up to Infinity Wars.

Agreed, it was very very good.

The funny thing is that when they announced the first movie my first reaction was that I wasn't tied to the characters and really didn't get the relationships. A talking tree, a raccoon? It's not a recognizable comic for most people, so I was a bit standoffish.

I'm easily more interested in this team of characters than I am the hodgepodge of Avengers or TJL. Getting to create these characters from scratch in my mind has allowed the actors to take a more personal attachment for me. I had so much fun during this movie, and so did the audience. There were so many different visceral reactions from the movie-going audience that it was a great experience to see it in the theaters.

Plus, I've met Chris Pratt personally and that guy deserves every bit of success that he has gotten. It reminds me when Robert Downey got Ironman and nobody knew him as anything more that an 80s/90's fuckup. Pratt is the cornerstone for this franchise.

He and RDJ are definitely perfectly cast. Marvel has actually done a good job with most of their casting I think. Hemsworth, Hiddleston, Pratt, RDJ, etc. all excellent.

I'm with you though, with the first one I was like, "What the **** are these characters? I don't know about this one, Marvel". Turns out to be one of their best. Unfortunately I won't likely get to catch this one in the theaters but I can't wait to see it.
Teitan

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic