Official WWE thread

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Official WWE thread

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:01 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:They fucked that spot up.

Shoulda let Aska pick her title first. Then let Rousey square off with the other Champion.

Now we all have to watch Raw tomorrow for the answer when we could have been spending all day getting hyped for two matches.

Why does Rousey get an automatic title shot with out a single match under her belt? Not 1.

Because she's Ronda Rousey. She's a known commodity and basically will be the Brock Lesnar of the women's division.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:27 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Why does Rousey get an automatic title shot with out a single match under her belt? Not 1.

Because she's Ronda Rousey. She's a known commodity and basically will be the Brock Lesnar of the women's division.

No wonder people are souring on the product. Vince needs to realize today's generation really isn't that intrigued with the part time, rarely used "known commodities/main attractions". People hardly care about Lesnar or the Universal Championship. It's startingto trend in the same direction with Alexa Bliss and the Raw Women's Championship. She's wrestled 1 match in 2018 and lost to Asuka. She hasn't won a match on TV since October and has only been in 4 matches since then. What exactly has she done to earn star treatment? Nothing.
Bootz2004

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:40 am

... never mind
Last edited by Phantom Phenom on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Rocker » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:06 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Because she's Ronda Rousey. She's a known commodity and basically will be the Brock Lesnar of the women's division.

No wonder people are souring on the product. Vince needs to realize today's generation really isn't that intrigued with the part time, rarely used "known commodities/main attractions". People hardly care about Lesnar or the Universal Championship. It's startingto trend in the same direction with Alexa Bliss and the Raw Women's Championship. She's wrestled 1 match in 2018 and lost to Asuka. She hasn't won a match on TV since October and has only been in 4 matches since then. What exactly has she done to earn star treatment? Nothing.

She’s a good looking PAWG that pretty easily generates heat. Very few other women have her charisma. She’s improved quite a bit at cutting a promo; her ring skills are a different discussion (although I think she does a good job of telling a story during her matches).
Rocker

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:17 am

Rocker wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

She’s a good looking PAWG that pretty easily generates heat. Very few other women have her charisma. She’s improved quite a bit at cutting a promo; her ring skills are a different discussion (although I think she does a good job of telling a story during her matches).

I'd say Charlotte, Sasha, Asuka all have more charisma than Alexa. All 3 of those women can tell great stories and carry matches(All 3 had to carry matches against Alexa, especially Sasha). WWE tried her out carrying a match against Nia Jax, who's about as raw as they come. It was a disaster. Just like Lesnar she's been protected by the writers who have her perform as seldom as possible.

And as far as looks go, Mandy Rose and Sasha Banks have more.
Bootz2004

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:28 am

MMA Fighting claim that WWE are attempting to put together a mixed-gender tag-team match, where she could partner up with Dwayne Johnson, who has become a regular at Wrestlemania events.

They could take on HHH and Stephanie, the husband and wife duo currently running the brand.

It is reported that the idea of the match has been in the wings for some time - and they had hoped to pull it off in 2016 at Wrestlemania 32 in Dallas.

Rousey did not compete in Sunday's Royal Rumble, where Asuka was crowned winner after eliminating Nikki and Brie Bella in the final stage.

Since The Rock is busy with the movie. Angle is the option
Phantom Phenom

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:07 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Because she's Ronda Rousey. She's a known commodity and basically will be the Brock Lesnar of the women's division.

Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

If the rumor mill is correct and Asuka remains on Raw to take on Bliss at WM then Rousey goes to Smackdown to maybe get Smackdown's ratings closer to Raw's and putting her in a title match at WM with Charlotte can help do that.

What would you have Rousey do? Have squash matches with Alicia Fox and Natalya for the next 3 months? That would squander the hype around her being in the WWE in the first place.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:45 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

If the rumor mill is correct and Asuka remains on Raw to take on Bliss at WM then Rousey goes to Smackdown to maybe get Smackdown's ratings closer to Raw's and putting her in a title match at WM with Charlotte can help do that.

What would you have Rousey do? Have squash matches with Alicia Fox and Natalya for the next 3 months? That would squander the hype around her being in the WWE in the first place.

WWE just did Bliss vs Asuka on Raw New Years Day. They aren't going back to that well again for a WM showdown.

What I'd have Rousey do, if she truly is a "full time wrestler" is work matches and angles weekly. Work her way up. She has zero experience as a professional wrestler. That's a recipe for disaster. As I've stated fans today are not as intrigued with "main attractions" as Vince McMahon believes they are. They make for great short lived moments. But you're talking about a full timer. Are they going to make her unbeatable? Boring. That act is already starting to get old with Asuka. No point in investing in a match when you know who's going to win. That's another reason if Asuka does stay on Raw she won't face Bliss at WM. Can't risk Bliss getting embarrassed on the biggest stage of them all. Also Asuka beating her yet again would make her win feel cheap. Asuka needs a better opponent at WM than Bliss.

And it's not me. Look at the ratings. Asuka hasn't helped ratings because you already know the result of her matches. The Raw tag division is stuck in neutral. Lesnar is barely there. WWE has really slowed down in building and establishing stars.
Bootz2004

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:01 am

I think Rousey storyline involves Stephanie and HHH (the road to wrestlemania)
Phantom Phenom

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:07 am

Also, I watched NXT Takeover Saturday. I'm not very familiar with NXT. Is it the crowds or is there no concept of faces/heels on NXT? They all seem to play to the crowd and seek approval. The match where I knew clearly who the face and heel were was the women's match.
Bootz2004

Postby Swashy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 am

Sounds like I didn't miss much. WWE is literally a sports version of The Simpsons right now. No direction, worse characters, stuck in a time warp and desperately reliant on some kind of celebrity cameo. I really thought things were going to be different
Swashy

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:29 am

Swashy wrote:Sounds like I didn't miss much. WWE is literally a sports version of The Simpsons right now. No direction, worse characters, stuck in a time warp and desperately reliant on some kind of celebrity cameo. I really thought things were going to be different

Yep. As great as the women's RR match was I can't get over the fact that a third of the women were retired. Lita, Trish Stratus, Kelly Kelly, Molly Holly, Beth Phoenix, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Torrie Wilson, Michelle McCool, Vickie Guerrero. Michelle McCool retired in 2011 and she had the most eliminations. Trish Stratus retired in 2006 and she was entrant #30. Hell the final 3 women were Asuka and the Bella Twins. Everyone knew who was winning. I'm starting to get bored with it myself. Even my boys are.
Bootz2004

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:30 am

Wrestlemania 34 plan

Before Asuka could decide between RAW Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss and SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte, she was interrupted by the debut of Ronda Rousey. Some fans felt Rousey’s debut overshadowed Asuka’s big moment, but now WWE has the chance to build some suspense about who will have to face Asuka on April 8th.

According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE has already decided that the Women’s Championship matches at WrestleMania 34 will be:

Asuka challenging Charlotte
Nia Jax challenging Alexa Bliss
Asuka and Alexa Bliss squared off on Monday Night RAW just a few weeks ago, with Asuka picking up the win in a non-title match. That could convince Asuka that the RAW Women’s Championship is hers for the taking, but there’s no question that SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte is a higher-profile opponent for Asuka at WrestleMania.

The recent announcement by WWE that the Rumble winner could challenge the champion from either brand adds more credence to the idea that RAW Superstar Asuka will pick the SmackDown Women’s champion as her opponent.

Within the past hour of this writing, Charlotte tweeted a photo that indicates she’s angling for the match against RAW’s most dangerous female competitor.
Last edited by Phantom Phenom on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:39 am

Wrestlemania 34

AJ Styles vs Nak

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

Miz vs Braun Strowman

Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax

Charlotte vs Asuka

John Cena vs Undertaker (rumor)

Shane vs Bryan (rumor)

HHH/Stephanie vs Rousey/Partners (Angle,Batista,The Rock)
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am

Jonathan Coachman Signs With WWE, Joins RAW Commentary Team Tonight
Phantom Phenom

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:48 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:Wrestlemania 34

AJ Styles vs Nak

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns

Miz vs Braun Strowman

Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax

Charlotte vs Asuka

John Cena vs Undertaker (rumor)

Shane vs Bryan (rumor)

HHH/Stephanie vs Rousey/Partners (Angle,Batista,The Rock)

Bleh.....Outside of AJ/Shinsuke and Asuka/Charlotte this is a terrible card.
Bootz2004

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:50 am

Nia vs Alexa has been teased for a while and Asuka vs Charlotte has been a match in the making for a long time.

Let not forget Carmella cash in
Phantom Phenom

Postby Swashy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:59 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Swashy wrote:Sounds like I didn't miss much. WWE is literally a sports version of The Simpsons right now. No direction, worse characters, stuck in a time warp and desperately reliant on some kind of celebrity cameo. I really thought things were going to be different

Yep. As great as the women's RR match was I can't get over the fact that a third of the women were retired. Lita, Trish Stratus, Kelly Kelly, Molly Holly, Beth Phoenix, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Torrie Wilson, Michelle McCool, Vickie Guerrero. Michelle McCool retired in 2011 and she had the most eliminations. Trish Stratus retired in 2006 and she was entrant #30. Hell the final 3 women were Asuka and the Bella Twins. Everyone knew who was winning. I'm starting to get bored with it myself. Even my boys are.

Maybe I'm thinking too hard, Bootz but hopefully this XFL stuff will occupy Vince so much that he'll hand the keys to HHH. For a long time now NXT Takeovers are must watch, the matches are incredible and its a new breed for a new generation. If WWE was given the same treatment we would see it come back from the dead. The current product and the direction of the company is so bad. There's no effort to create a new generation, it's just guys like Lesnar being used as quick money grabs to hold on to whatever few fans that are left that watched 20 years ago while hoping that today's fans simply put up with it because they don't know anything else.
Swashy

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:06 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Nia vs Alexa has been teased for a while and Asuka vs Charlotte has been a match in the making for a long time.

Let not forget Carmella cash in

Nia already beat Alexa on Raw. Alexa would have no chance to win.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:09 pm

Stephanie McMahon just confirmed the 1st ever Women's Elimination Chamber match in 4 weeks at the PPV.
Bootz2004

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:22 pm

Asuka is going to win the EC then challenge Charlotte for the title
Phantom Phenom

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:32 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Asuka is going to win the EC then challenge Charlotte for the title

It's for the Raw Women's Championship. Why would Asuka even be in that match when she has a WM match on the horizon?
Bootz2004

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:34 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:Asuka is going to win the EC then challenge Charlotte for the title

It's for the Raw Women's Championship. Why would Asuka even be in that match when she has a WM match on the horizon?

my bad
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:43 pm

sooooo, full time wrestler Rhonda Rousey, has the night off?

or they're saving for main event tonight?
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:44 am

After making her highly-anticipated WWE debut at the Royal Rumble this past Sunday, professional wrestling fans are wondering when we’ll see “The Rowdy One” back on WWE TV. Rousey did not appear on Monday’s episode of RAW. It appears that Rousey, and WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar, are not expected back until sometime after February 25th’s Elimination Chamber pay-per-view (PPV) event.

This comes via a report from Ringside News, who reports that Rousey has returned to her filming obligations for the movie “Mile 22.” Filming for the movie is not expected to conclude until around or after Elimination Chamber. As for WWE’s plans for Lesnar, the company has no reason to bring him back until his next opponent is determined in the Elimination Chamber match. It’s expected that Roman Reigns will be challenging “The Beast” for the Universal throne at WrestleMania 34.
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Lashley is expected to appear on WWE programming “any time now.” Upon leaving Impact Wrestling, Lashley negotiated with both WWE and New Japan Pro Wrestling before settling on WWE.

“The belief is that he will work with Lesnar after WrestleMania, although those close to the situation say the working with Lesnar is not 100 percent.”

– Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Phantom Phenom

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:45 pm

WWE needs to take a break from living off of past stars and "blockbuster signings" and work on developing more new stars.
Bootz2004

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:WWE needs to take a break from living off of past stars and "blockbuster signings" and work on developing more new stars.

When you think about all the guys and gals that came up from NXT, you can really see that they have done a lot of that.

But you still have to recognize that Steve Austin got the biggest pop at Raw 25 and he hasn't had a match in 15 years.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:33 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:WWE needs to take a break from living off of past stars and "blockbuster signings" and work on developing more new stars.

When you think about all the guys and gals that came up from NXT, you can really see that they have done a lot of that.

But you still have to recognize that Steve Austin got the biggest pop at Raw 25 and he hasn't had a match in 15 years.

The only real superstars to come from NXT are Reigns and Asuka but people hate Roman Reigns for stupid reasons. You could argue Charlotte, Rollins, Sasha, Ambrose but for the most part a lot of the "NXT" stars were already established and big names before they got to the WWE (AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Shinsuke).
Bootz2004

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Alexa retain
Phantom Phenom

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic