Cord-cutters

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Cord-cutters

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:56 pm

For the Bucs and/or NFL...download the directTV Sunday ticket app...find a buddy with directTV and the ticket..use his email and password to sign on the app and BAM. ..you've got Sunday ticket...

I pulled this stunt with my Uncle this year, cost me a case of beer and I paid for half of the ticket...

Small price to pay to able to live in Pittsburgh and watch my Bucs every Sunday..

For Thursday night games, download the twitter app and watch right on your TV instead of your phone...
Super K

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Super K wrote:For the Bucs and/or NFL...download the directTV Sunday ticket app...find a buddy with directTV and the ticket..use his email and password to sign on the app and BAM. ..you've got Sunday ticket...

I pulled this stunt with my Uncle this year, cost me a case of beer and I paid for half of the ticket...

Small price to pay to able to live in Pittsburgh and watch my Bucs every Sunday..

For Thursday night games, download the twitter app and watch right on your TV instead of your phone...

Sunday ticket is the best option for Bucs games. I'll try it through Kodi instead of phone/laptop/tablet next year.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:27 pm

Fiasco wrote:
Pewterslimsme wrote:What about watching "fringe" sports live such as college softball...is there an option where I could cut cord and still get Bucs, WVU, college softball and DVR for movies/shows? Also in market for new TV so if I go that route is 4K worth it or no?

Idk about college softball, but college football, basketball, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, you can watch all of those on Kodi. Same thing with shows and movies. I just started now watching Game of Thrones on there. Plus all the seasons from shoes that take forever to go on Netflix get constantly added on there as well.

Kodi is the best option around for TV/Movies, but I haven't found an addon I like for sports. What addon are you using?
PrimeMinister

Postby Fiasco » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:39 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Fiasco wrote:Idk about college softball, but college football, basketball, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, you can watch all of those on Kodi. Same thing with shows and movies. I just started now watching Game of Thrones on there. Plus all the seasons from shoes that take forever to go on Netflix get constantly added on there as well.

Kodi is the best option around for TV/Movies, but I haven't found an addon I like for sports. What addon are you using?

Pro Sports. If you have the updated version of kodi, It's been amazing. I watch all the Heat games through it.
Fiasco

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:41 pm

Fiasco wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Pro Sports. If you have the updated version of kodi, It's been amazing. I watch all the Heat games through it.

Hmmm...I'll have to check it out...I just installed Kodi 17 because the version I had was f'n up (exodus kept disappearing, videos wouldn't load, app wouldn't open etc)..
Super K

Postby Fiasco » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Super K wrote:
Fiasco wrote:Pro Sports. If you have the updated version of kodi, It's been amazing. I watch all the Heat games through it.

Hmmm...I'll have to check it out...I just installed Kodi 17 because the version I had was f'n up (exodus kept disappearing, videos wouldn't load, app wouldn't open etc)..

Yeah that was happening with my older version as well. Version 17 has been 10x better.
Fiasco

Postby Super K » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Fiasco wrote:
Super K wrote:

Yeah that was happening with my older version as well. Version 17 has been 10x better.

Nice!
Super K

Postby Doctor » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:28 am

A Comcast rep was telling me that DTV's Sunday Ticket monopoly is being blown up and the league is going to go with a free streaming option instead (making money off platforms). Not sure how true that is but DTV did suspiciously throw 2017 Sunday Ticket Free at me for the first time ever.
Doctor

Postby NYBF » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:28 am

Doctor wrote:A Comcast rep was telling me that DTV's Sunday Ticket monopoly is being blown up and the league is going to go with a free streaming option instead (making money off platforms). Not sure how true that is but DTV did suspiciously throw 2017 Sunday Ticket Free at me for the first time ever.

NFL and DirecTV have a contract through the 2022-2023 season. Your comcast rep is lying. The fact that he said free streaming should have been a giveaway.
NYBF

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:38 pm

NYBF wrote:
Doctor wrote:A Comcast rep was telling me that DTV's Sunday Ticket monopoly is being blown up and the league is going to go with a free streaming option instead (making money off platforms). Not sure how true that is but DTV did suspiciously throw 2017 Sunday Ticket Free at me for the first time ever.

NFL and DirecTV have a contract through the 2022-2023 season. Your comcast rep is lying. The fact that he said free streaming should have been a giveaway.

If you ain't lying you ain't trying.

- Frank with Comcast.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:39 pm

Fiasco wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

I updated to Kodi 17 and I'll try Pro Sports today.
PrimeMinister

Postby Doctor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:39 pm

NYBF wrote:

I figured as much, but DTV is in court over it.
Doctor

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:32 pm

I have Hulu live beta. Over 40 channels with bunch of movies and tv shows library with no commercial options
Phantom Phenom

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Buddy of mine just called and I am intrigued

http://www.omgfreetv.net/

All TV shows, and new release movies. He just watched Hacksaw Ridge, and Logan. Amazed
Crocaneers

Postby Nano » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:24 pm

$450/350? That's really overpriced for a Kodi box with pirate apps. If you're that desperate to watch new movies for free, go to putlocker or something.
Nano

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:24 pm

Crocaneers wrote:Buddy of mine just called and I am intrigued

All TV shows, and new release movies. He just watched Hacksaw Ridge, and Logan. Amazed

You can watch the same things on any device with Kodi. Amazon fire stick, Apple TV, mi box, etc. All of those are less expensive than that.
PrimeMinister

Postby Fiasco » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:51 am

Crocaneers wrote:Buddy of mine just called and I am intrigued

Lol don't get ripped off. I watch plenty of new movies on kodi and it's only $40.
Fiasco

Previous

Return to Off Topic