Star Wars Episode VIII :The Last Jedi

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Star Wars Episode VIII :The Last Jedi

Postby nhbucsfan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:41 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed it (even though it was a tad too long!), but then again I liked ROTJ over ESB by a wide margin.
nhbucsfan

Postby Super K » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:51 pm

nhbucsfan wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed it (even though it was a tad too long!), but then again I liked ROTJ over ESB by a wide margin.

(Insert Jags fan "what??" GIF here)
Super K

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:52 pm

I went again tonight .. did not see it in 3D and caught several nuggets

Spoiler:
When Luke said to Reye .... No one is ever really gone

the kid at the end moved the broom without touching it ... and I know he had the red lapel pin last time, but it got a little more clear.
Crocaneers

Postby beardmcdoug » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Crocaneers wrote:I went again tonight .. did not see it in 3D and caught several nuggets

Spoiler:
When Luke said to Reye .... No one is ever really gone

the kid at the end moved the broom without touching it ... and I know he had the red lapel pin last time, but it got a little more clear.

Yeah noticed those two my second time around - great touches
beardmcdoug

Postby Commander Bubbles » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:39 am

What are the chances that Kylo Ren and Rey are brother and sister?

Spoiler:
I may have had one too many Old Fashioneds, but it makes sense right now. Think about it, he had the chance to kill Rey, but chose to save her and kill his master, much like Vader chose to save Luke and kill his master. A brother would choose to protect his sister, much like a father would choose to protect his son.
Commander Bubbles

Postby Buc2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Wharf Rat wrote:What are the chances that Kylo Ren and Rey are brother and sister?

Spoiler:
I may have had one too many Old Fashioneds, but it makes sense right now. Think about it, he had the chance to kill Rey, but chose to save her and kill his master, much like Vader chose to save Luke and kill his master. A brother would choose to protect his sister, much like a father would choose to protect his son.

Hadn't thought of that but it wouldn't surprise me given the familial sub-plots this franchise is famous for.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NavyBuc » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Wasn't a fan of Episode VIII. I thought The Force Awakens was much better. I didn't leave the movie theater like I usually do Star Wars episodes thinking "I can't wait for the next one."

(spoilers below although it's been on DVD now for a couple months now so I'm sure it's been seen or heard by everyone now)
There were parts I liked and actually thought "as a movie" it was decent." But in the whole Star Wars storyline of things, it wasn't. I actually thought for a moment my theory was going to come true with Rey going bad and Kylo going good and thought that would have been a great twist and there was the chance of that happening in the middle of the movie, but it died out fast. I thought there were parts that just didn't make sense and I didn't like. I didn't like the whole Leia floating in space and coming back part. I didn't like the fact they killed off Snoke so quickly. I thought they should have also kept Luke around until Episode IX. I didn't like how Kylo and Rey become allies for 20 minutes and then enemies again. Just parts of the storyline I didn't like.

I think with JJ Abrams coming back, there's hope for Episode IX and he could fix some things. For example, Rey's family which still is a bit of a mystery.

Favorite Star Wars in order:
1) Empire Strikes Back
2) Revenge of the Sith
3) The Force Awakens
4) Return of the Jedi
5) A New Hope
6) The Last Jedi
7) Attack of the Clones
8) Phantom Menace
NavyBuc

Postby Crocaneers » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:08 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Wharf Rat wrote:What are the chances that Kylo Ren and Rey are brother and sister?

Spoiler:

Hadn't thought of that but it wouldn't surprise me given the familial sub-plots this franchise is famous for.

Actually my thoughts ...

Spoiler:
I think Rey is Luke SkyWalker's child, so she's his cousin. It's clear they have a connection, but I don't think it's direct. I need to back and see them both again, but "The Last Jedi" left nuggets laying around that I think could secure this.
Last edited by Crocaneers on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crocaneers

Postby Super K » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Crocaneers wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Hadn't thought of that but it wouldn't surprise me given the familial sub-plots this franchise is famous for.

Actually my thoughts ...

Spoiler:
I think Ren is Luke SkyWalker's child, so she's his cousin. It's clear they have a connection, but I don't think it's direct. I need to back and see them both again, but "The Last Jedi" left nuggets laying around that I think could secure this.

Wait...what?..

Luke and Lea? Jedi on Jedi love?...

Did Han knowingly raise his best friends incest child consummated with his own woman/wife?....

This universe has gone batshit crazy..

OR, you're a freak Croc....
Super K

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:30 pm

I think

Spoiler:
... Kylo Ren is Rey's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate
Zarniwoop

Postby Crocaneers » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Super K wrote:
Crocaneers wrote:
Actually my thoughts ...

Spoiler:
I think Ren is Luke SkyWalker's child, so she's his cousin. It's clear they have a connection, but I don't think it's direct. I need to back and see them both again, but "The Last Jedi" left nuggets laying around that I think could secure this.

Wait...what?..

Luke and Lea? Jedi on Jedi love?...

Did Han knowingly raise his best friends incest child consummated with his own woman/wife?....

This universe has gone batshit crazy..

OR, you're a freak Croc....

So .... I mashed ONE wrong letter ... I should have said Rey not Ren (like a Y and N are close on a keyboard)
Crocaneers

Postby Buc2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:07 am

NavyBuc wrote:Wasn't a fan of Episode VIII. I thought The Force Awakens was much better. I didn't leave the movie theater like I usually do Star Wars episodes thinking "I can't wait for the next one."

(spoilers below although it's been on DVD now for a couple months now so I'm sure it's been seen or heard by everyone now)
There were parts I liked and actually thought "as a movie" it was decent." But in the whole Star Wars storyline of things, it wasn't. I actually thought for a moment my theory was going to come true with Rey going bad and Kylo going good and thought that would have been a great twist and there was the chance of that happening in the middle of the movie, but it died out fast. I thought there were parts that just didn't make sense and I didn't like. I didn't like the whole Leia floating in space and coming back part. I didn't like the fact they killed off Snoke so quickly. I thought they should have also kept Luke around until Episode IX. I didn't like how Kylo and Rey become allies for 20 minutes and then enemies again. Just parts of the storyline I didn't like.

I think with JJ Abrams coming back, there's hope for Episode IX and he could fix some things. For example, Rey's family which still is a bit of a mystery.

Favorite Star Wars in order:
1) Empire Strikes Back
2) Revenge of the Sith
3) The Force Awakens
4) Return of the Jedi
5) A New Hope
6) The Last Jedi
7) Attack of the Clones
8) Phantom Menace

For me, #1 will always be A New Hope just because it was the first and promised much more awesomeness to come. Overall, your list is pretty much spot on in my book as well.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Caradoc » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Spoiler:

THis wouldn't be a shock since in the spin off novels Han and Leia have twin Jedi kids.
Caradoc

Postby MJW » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:58 am

Caradoc wrote:

Spoiler:

THis wouldn't be a shock since in the spin off novels Han and Leia have twin Jedi kids.

It also wouldn't be a shock because it would be an incredibly lazy and insipid direction to take things, and that's been JJ's MO since at least the Star Trek reboot.

Some more cool ideas: Kylo built BB-8 when he was a kid, and Finn is Lando's son, and that's really Jar Jar under the phasma armor.
MJW

Postby The Outsider » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Jar Jar was Snoke.
The Outsider

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:12 pm

The Outsider wrote:Jar Jar was Snoke.

Meesa supreme leedah!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Finally got around to seeing this movie last night. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan and this is just the 3rd movie I've seen but I really enjoyed it.
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:50 am

Last Jedi Leia scene "fixed":

https://twitter.com/Josh_Scully/status/1003996810749173762

lol

sound is a must
beardmcdoug

Postby Selmon Rules » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:04 am

beardmcdoug wrote:Last Jedi Leia scene "fixed":

https://twitter.com/Josh_Scully/status/1003996810749173762