Posters From the Old Boards

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Posters From the Old Boards

Postby Kress » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:52 pm

So are you Peyton Barber now?
Kress

Postby BayAreaBucFan25 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:30 pm

The Number of PPG I’d like our defense to give up, wishful thinking.
BayAreaBucFan25

Postby Super K » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:00 pm

NYBF wrote:
Kress wrote:BayAreaBucFan25......"I was BayAreaBucFan2484"

I kind of want to know....

We have 2459 fewer bay area Bucs fans on BZ than we had on TBBBBBBBBB

https://youtu.be/mnYuFLVBjAs

This commercial made me think of this conversation.....
Super K

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Whatever happened to optimus prime ?
Phantom Phenom

Postby Swashy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:59 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Whatever happened to optimus prime ?

He got creepy as **** and was chased away. I don't even remember anymore. I just remember thinking "wtf" when he tried to be buddy buddy
Swashy

Postby Deja Entendu » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Swashy wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:Whatever happened to optimus prime ?

He got creepy as **** and was chased away. I don't even remember anymore. I just remember thinking "wtf" when he tried to be buddy buddy

I thought that was BFT that was a creep? I missed both of those.

I posted on the original board as Polar Playboy starting around 2001. I think I lurked a little in 2000. I was on a lot 2001-2003 because I was in Alaska bored on a computer for work all day and most nights.

I moved on from that name... but for the life of me I can't remember when I dropped that and what I reappeared as. I know I missed the "Coming this fall" demise by like a day or so, and was lucky to quickly find the first reincarnation. ****... I don't remember what I was there or on the other board(s) before Deja. Hmmm...
Deja Entendu

Postby Super K » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Optimus Prime was ran because of some pedo situation or posting(s)...
Super K

Postby Swashy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Super K wrote:Optimus Prime was ran because of some pedo situation or posting(s)...

That's what I had written but backed off because I wasn't sure. I stayed WAAAYYY clear of that one. It's all coming back to me now.

Cringe
Swashy

Postby Snake » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:08 pm

Reading through this thread. I thought the Snake is Dawgland thing was a meme but I guess people actually think it’s true.

Back at the TBBBB, when I first made my account, I think it was “Brocks55” or something similar. misspelled and embarrassing. I was a 14 year old in that shark tank of a board and was banned pretty quickly for being stupid and taking things really personally. It was for first foray into “adult conversation” and I didn’t know how to act. That was 14 years ago or so. I proceeded to access the site via proxies for years. learning about football, getting Bucs centric dialogue because there wasn’t much to have in Ohio. At some point it became apparent to me that I was missing a big part of the board’s lore despite lurking every day. Inside jokes, photoshopped sig’s with member’s faces, lots of wooshing. I still remember fragments years later. Some motorcycle accident, phone being dropped into a toilet, donkey black (?), not being able to spell the word crown, a guy going to training camp and lying about schmoozing with the glazer brothers.

At some point I get the courage to make a new account...or my IP address changed...I start posting like “a spider monkey on crack” (Kenda said that. I think that’s her name) and begin deep-diving the off-topic archives. A member at the time, I think Selmon63, looks at my account and sees that I’m looking at these legendary threads. Because it would show you that in the account profiles. Sees my location as Ohio. Makes a reasonable enough connection, albeit untrue, and Snake = dawgland. The board goes 404 not long after that.

UTBBBB goes up. I make an account over there and grow up a lot. I specifically remember saying I was 21 in a thread and a poster I really liked said I had the sensibilities of a 45 year old. So that was 7 years ago now. Anyway, I had a lot of really good conversations with guys like LABucs, gals like MJW (who I really hated for no real reason but grew to like), and others. Some of which are here. I like to think I became a contributing member in some regards. Sounds like some here saw me that way.

UTBBBB goes down and I was pretty defeated at that point. I felt bad that some of the board scattered to the crummier Bucs boards around the web. Then college/life got in the way and I became the lurking type. Once I found BZ, it was a little to toxic for my liking, mostly due to the Bootzing of threads. Somewhat ironic, as I was the guy who said Tony Dungy’s anti-gay rhetoric pushed his son to suicide. Cringy stuff in retrospect. I also remember debating Dawgland (was he named something else too?) about how LeBron James would play as a guy in his 30s. I clearly lost that debate in retrospect.

Anyway, you guys were really instrumental in my sense of humor coming to life, my critical thinking, my appreciation of good writing, and provided a bullied teenager company company during dark years. I’ll always appreciate that.
Snake

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:27 pm

Snake wrote:Reading through this thread. I thought the Snake is Dawgland thing was a meme but I guess people actually think it’s true.

Back at the TBBBB, when I first made my account, I think it was “Brocks55” or something similar. misspelled and embarrassing. I was a 14 year old in that shark tank of a board and was banned pretty quickly for being stupid and taking things really personally. It was for first foray into “adult conversation” and I didn’t know how to act. That was 14 years ago or so. I proceeded to access the site via proxies for years. learning about football, getting Bucs centric dialogue because there wasn’t much to have in Ohio. At some point it became apparent to me that I was missing a big part of the board’s lore despite lurking every day. Inside jokes, photoshopped sig’s with member’s faces, lots of wooshing. I still remember fragments years later. Some motorcycle accident, phone being dropped into a toilet, donkey black (?), not being able to spell the word crown, a guy going to training camp and lying about schmoozing with the glazer brothers.

At some point I get the courage to make a new account...or my IP address changed...I start posting like “a spider monkey on crack” (Kenda said that. I think that’s her name) and begin deep-diving the off-topic archives. A member at the time, I think Selmon63, looks at my account and sees that I’m looking at these legendary threads. Because it would show you that in the account profiles. Sees my location as Ohio. Makes a reasonable enough connection, albeit untrue, and Snake = dawgland. The board goes 404 not long after that.

UTBBBB goes up. I make an account over there and grow up a lot. I specifically remember saying I was 21 in a thread and a poster I really liked said I had the sensibilities of a 45 year old. So that was 7 years ago now. Anyway, I had a lot of really good conversations with guys like LABucs, gals like MJW (who I really hated for no real reason but grew to like), and others. Some of which are here. I like to think I became a contributing member in some regards. Sounds like some here saw me that way.

UTBBBB goes down and I was pretty defeated at that point. I felt bad that some of the board scattered to the crummier Bucs boards around the web. Then college/life got in the way and I became the lurking type. Once I found BZ, it was a little to toxic for my liking, mostly due to the Bootzing of threads. Somewhat ironic, as I was the guy who said Tony Dungy’s anti-gay rhetoric pushed his son to suicide. Cringy stuff in retrospect. I also remember debating Dawgland (was he named something else too?) about how LeBron James would play as a guy in his 30s. I clearly lost that debate in retrospect.

Anyway, you guys were really instrumental in my sense of humor coming to life, my critical thinking, my appreciation of good writing, and provided a bullied teenager company company during dark years. I’ll always appreciate that.

I buy it. There are a few posters who hated me because they thought I was a reincarnation of someone called
“therealbucsfan”
real bucs fan

Postby The Outsider » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:42 pm

**** I buy it. I was trolled relentlessly in my early days. The original TBBBBBBBBBBBB was not a place for fragile souls.
The Outsider

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:45 pm

I'm not sure If I buy it, because Snake appeared immediately after Dawgland left and picked up his Cavs love in the NBA forums and Browns updates in TD. They also have extremely similar writing styles, but I don't really care. I liked "both" posters. I'll call you Snake.
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uscbucsfan

Postby The Outsider » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:47 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:I'm not sure If I buy it, because Snake appeared immediately after Dawgland left and picked up his Cavs love in the NBA forums and Browns updates in TD. They also.have extremely.similar writing styles, but I don't really care. I liked "both" posters. I'll call you Snake.

Ohio is a disease that has common symptoms.
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:48 pm

Holy **** Snake is Bulova?
NYBF

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:48 pm

The Outsider wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I'm not sure If I buy it, because Snake appeared immediately after Dawgland left and picked up his Cavs love in the NBA forums and Browns updates in TD. They also.have extremely.similar writing styles, but I don't really care. I liked "both" posters. I'll call you Snake.

Zarni is Dawgland?!?!
uscbucsfan

Postby Swashy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:58 pm

Zarni has a disease??!?!
Swashy

Postby Snake » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:58 pm

The Outsider wrote:

You become a secondary Buckeye, Brown, and Cav by osmosis alone living here. That I can’t argue.
Snake

Postby Swashy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:01 pm

But in all seriousness I remember you, Snake. And how jubilant you were over the Cards winning the World Series and how pissed you were weeks before about something..... I want to say it was the Colby Rasmus trade.
Swashy

Postby Snake » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Swashy wrote:But in all seriousness I remember you, Snake. And how jubilant you were over the Cards winning the World Series and how pissed you were weeks before about something..... I want to say it was the Colby Rasmus trade.

Wow swash, yeah. I was really ticked about that trade but it’s the trade that led to them winning it all. 7 years already. I remember my dad saying something like “why are you on your phone?” I was posting with you guys because you’re the kind of folks who remember someone’s jubilation 7 years later.
Snake

Postby Swashy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:08 pm

Snake wrote:
Swashy wrote:But in all seriousness I remember you, Snake. And how jubilant you were over the Cards winning the World Series and how pissed you were weeks before about something..... I want to say it was the Colby Rasmus trade.

Wow swash, yeah. Really ticked about that trade but it’s the trade that led to them winning it all. 7 years already.

**** was epic though. I will never forget it because the Rays were redeemed by the Rangers loss. Rumor has it Nolan Ryan's tears never dried.
Swashy

Postby Swashy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Snake wrote:

Wow swash, yeah. I was really ticked about that trade but it’s the trade that led to them winning it all. 7 years already. I remember my dad saying something like “why are you on your phone?” I was posting with you guys because you’re the kind of folks who remember someone’s jubilation 7 years later.

As far as I'm concerned welcome back for good. Never met an Ohioan I didn't like. I got the disease too bruh. Too much flouride in the water
Swashy

Postby Rocker » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:55 pm

Snake wrote:Reading through this thread. I thought the Snake is Dawgland thing was a meme but I guess people actually think it’s true.

Welcome back, Lil' Beeej!!!!
Rocker

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:57 am

Super K wrote:Optimus Prime was ran because of some pedo situation or posting(s)...

Yep. He thought it was okay to have sex 14 year old girls if they could grew 60 pound cabbages... Or some such ****.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby The Outsider » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:46 am

Buc2 wrote:

Yep. He thought it was okay to have sex 14 year old girls if they could grew 60 pound cabbages... Or some such ****.

That was JudgeDredd actually. I forget why Optimus Pop left.
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:18 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Yep. He thought it was okay to have sex 14 year old girls if they could grew 60 pound cabbages... Or some such ****.

Ah! Right. My mistake there.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:20 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Yep. He thought it was okay to have sex 14 year old girls if they could grew 60 pound cabbages... Or some such ****.

Optimus had some sort of pedo thing going. He kept falling into as well.

Delt members.
uscbucsfan

Postby deltbucs » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:58 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Optimus had some sort of pedo thing going. He kept falling into as well.

Delt members.

I honestly don't remember exactly what his deal was. I just remember he was super creepy and always tried to play the holier than thou card.
deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:16 pm

It didn't help that he used a ****ing Transformer as his screen name.
bucfanclw

Postby Deuce » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

At some point, a real life friend of mine joined the old board. He'd hang out at my house a lot and we'd read the board and post in the same threads and everything. Eventually everyone thought we were bi-posting and there was a big thing about it. I think a mod may have checked IPs or something? Anyway, we were both banned.

Someone here said something like "he's gonna go down as the most famous poster in the history of this board for being a dumbass". But yeah, I think I was 15 or 16. I was telling the truth but had no way to prove it.

idk my name at the time but my friend was NFLs_Future. I remember so specifically because I thought it was such a dumb name. I guess I didn't turn out to be that famous either.
Deuce

Postby Nano » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:33 pm

The Outsider wrote:

I thought that JudgeDredd left because he admitted to beating his kids
Nano

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic