***Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread***

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: ***Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread***

Postby paco74 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:35 am

Super K wrote:So the premier last night..

Anyone else find it a bit anticlimactic/boring?

And someone needs to explain some **** to me..I'll wait until later tonight to post some questions..

It definitely felt underachieving, but it was okay.
paco74

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:59 am

I was fine with it.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DonkeyHunter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:08 am

No issues here. I wasn't expecting a lot to open the season.
DonkeyHunter

Postby PanteraCanes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:15 am

I am a fan of the talking dead show as well. Though I am not liking these big premier events. I prefer the regular show where you get a panel talking about what happened and what they think might be coming. I think this is 2 years in a row they have done it this way?
PanteraCanes

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:17 am

PanteraCanes wrote:I am a fan of the talking dead show as well. Though I am not liking these big premier events. I prefer the regular show where you get a panel talking about what happened and what they think might be coming. I think this is 2 years in a row they have done it this way?

I think this was the 1st time they did this. But that was because of the 100 episodes thing. That's a big deal in TVLand.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:34 pm

Buc2 wrote:
PanteraCanes wrote:I am a fan of the talking dead show as well. Though I am not liking these big premier events. I prefer the regular show where you get a panel talking about what happened and what they think might be coming. I think this is 2 years in a row they have done it this way?

I think this was the 1st time they did this. But that was because of the 100 episodes thing. That's a big deal in TVLand.

They did it last year too...I remember because it started to rain and everyone got soaked..
Super K

Postby Buc2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Super K wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I think this was the 1st time they did this. But that was because of the 100 episodes thing. That's a big deal in TVLand.

They did it last year too...I remember because it started to rain and everyone got soaked..

You're right. Last year's TD premiere was definitely larger than their normal weekly studio show. I looked it up and it was at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery which was a much smaller venue (seated about 2000) than this year's (6000 seat Greek Theatre in LA).

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Heidguy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 pm

Wtf Carl!?!!
Heidguy

Postby Teitan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:37 am

I feel like this show has lost its mojo. It’s like I’m watching a Sci-fi channel B movie sometimes. The directing isn’t as good, the story is so muddled, and I can’t find myself giving a **** about any of the characters anymore. The only saving grace right now is Negan and his charisma.
Teitan

Postby Heidguy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:35 am

I absolutely agree, half way through this past episode I was thinking "why am I still watching, this season sucks!" Then I saw Carl and I cared again since he's a OG from the start and we did watch him grow up in the show. But overall, this season sucks!
Heidguy

Postby PanteraCanes » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:47 am

Certainly feels a lot different than the earlier seasons. I have been thinking this recently. The focus is away from the zombies a lot and too much going on. They need to simplify it a bit I feel.
PanteraCanes

Postby Buc2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:39 am

Yeah. They're starting to lose me and if that happens, you KNOW they're ****ing it up because I've been a big defender of the show over the past 2-3 years. I was sitting there watching this episode and couldn't stop thinking, how could Rick's group possibly **** that up so bad? I'll watch the 2nd half of the season to see how this finishes, but it could very well finish me.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jimmy McGill » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 pm

They should just finish the second half of this season and call it quits. Kill the saviors, invite the dumpster people to join the group, go back to the Hilltop and live happily ever after.
Jimmy McGill

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:33 am

Jimmy McGill wrote:They should just finish the second half of this season and call it quits. Kill the saviors, invite the dumpster people to join the group, go back to the Hilltop and live happily ever after.

Or leave some massive cliff hanger that generates enough conversation for a theatrical release
Crocaneers

Postby paco74 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:21 am

I don't understand what the big deal is. Things are progressing as they have always progressed for the human species.

First, survival of self. Then the understanding that there is strength in numbers. Hunter gathering eventually gave way to permanent residence and focus on crops and trade. Then comes border skirmishes between clans/towns/cities. Tribes conquer tribes. This continues until either one person unifies the land (see Emperor Xin of China) or a far away tribe crosses great distances and conquers the land (see Alexander the Great).

So, my point is, that it makes sense that the focus has veered from the walkers to the human-on-human struggle....it's nature....the evolution of mankind repeating itself.

At some point there has to be a unification of the people and then they can, and should, focus on the eradication of the walkers and a focus on a cure.
paco74

Postby Heidguy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:04 am

paco74 wrote:I don't understand what the big deal is. Things are progressing as they have always progressed for the human species.

First, survival of self. Then the understanding that there is strength in numbers. Hunter gathering eventually gave way to permanent residence and focus on crops and trade. Then comes border skirmishes between clans/towns/cities. Tribes conquer tribes. This continues until either one person unifies the land (see Emperor Xin of China) or a far away tribe crosses great distances and conquers the land (see Alexander the Great).

So, my point is, that it makes sense that the focus has veered from the walkers to the human-on-human struggle....it's nature....the evolution of mankind repeating itself.

At some point there has to be a unification of the people and then they can, and should, focus on the eradication of the walkers and a focus on a cure.

Damn you for bringing logic into this thread Paco!
Heidguy

Postby Buc2 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:49 am

Heidguy wrote:
paco74 wrote:I don't understand what the big deal is. Things are progressing as they have always progressed for the human species.

Damn you for bringing logic into this thread Paco!

Right? He definitely got my head back into the right place to continue watching this series. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby paco74 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:42 pm

Glad I could help, my Buczone peeps. Glad I could help
paco74

Postby Teitan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:17 pm

The issue with the show is the directing and the story.
Teitan

Postby PetePierson » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Lame season. Much like someone who works in Marketing; uses many words and says nothing. This season had a lot of action and nothing happened.
PetePierson

Postby Swashy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:51 pm

I stopped watching many moons ago and came back to see if things got any better and found this post. All I can do is nod my head and say "yup"
Last edited by Swashy on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swashy

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:46 am

There is a reason this show his gone from 17M viewers to under 8M: it just isn’t that good anymore and hasn’t been for a while. The story repeats itself incessantly to the point of committing the unforgivable sin: being boring.
PrimeMinister

Postby Caradoc » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:49 pm

Why is walking dead acting like Carl was a likable character with the "this is your life" style sendoff? He was marginally less annoying than Andrea and whoever Rick's wife was.

Disclaimer, I stopped watching about 3 seasons or so ago when it got dull, but the wife still watches so I see it fairly often.
Caradoc

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:03 am

Caradoc wrote:Why is walking dead acting like Carl was a likable character with the "this is your life" style sendoff? He was marginally less annoying than Andrea and whoever Rick's wife was.

Disclaimer, I stopped watching about 3 seasons or so ago when it got dull, but the wife still watches so I see it fairly often.

I haven’t watched the episode yet, but they actually followed through with the death? Good. I was suspicious the group would find some one time miracle cure just for Coral.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:13 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Caradoc wrote:Why is walking dead acting like Carl was a likable character with the "this is your life" style sendoff? He was marginally less annoying than Andrea and whoever Rick's wife was.

I haven’t watched the episode yet, but they actually followed through with the death? Good. I was suspicious the group would find some one time miracle cure just for Coral.

I fell asleep during the episode last night but it was basically a send-off episode dedicated to Coral.

How long does it take to turn once bitten in TWD universe? If it's just a bite do you get to stay alive until you succumb to fever/illness and then once you die from that you turn into a zombie?
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:41 am

DreadNaught wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

I fell asleep during the episode last night but it was basically a send-off episode dedicated to Coral.

How long does it take to turn once bitten in TWD universe? If it's just a bite do you get to stay alive until you succumb to fever/illness and then once you die from that you turn into a zombie?

That was my understanding, but TWD changes the turn time based on the script need at the moment. Didn’t Sasha take a much shorter time to turn at the end of last season?
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:44 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

That was my understanding, but TWD changes the turn time based on the script need at the moment. Didn’t Sasha take a much shorter time to turn at the end of last season?

Sasha drank poison during the transit in the coffin from The Sanctuary to Alexandria which was basically suicide. Once dead you transition to a zombie pretty quick (within minutes).

I guess I'm just not clear on how long you have to live once you're bit by a Zombie (say on the arm, or even the rib cage area in the case of Coral)? Last night's episode made it seem like there was quite the time lapse and Coral had the chance to plan out his death. Just came across as very convenient.

Oh well, **** Coral. Never liked his character anyways. Now his dad doesn't have to butcher his name anymore.
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:50 pm

How much longer does this show go on? Coral is dead and now Maggie and Michonne aren’t sure things to return for Season 9. If TWD loses all three of them would it survive?
PrimeMinister

Postby PanteraCanes » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:34 am

PrimeMinister wrote:How much longer does this show go on? Coral is dead and now Maggie and Michonne aren’t sure things to return for Season 9. If TWD loses all three of them would it survive?

I haven't watched as much lately. Missed all but the Carl death episode of the second half of this season. Though to me the Michonne character has kind of lost its interest. Part of the interest was being some mysterious powerful fighter.

As far as how long it takes to turn after a bite it does seem to depend on the script. Though I often just leave it in my head to how possibly healthy the person is and their will power to fight it. The stranger part is since everyone already is infected what is it about a bite that makes you turn? Maybe the bit has some other infection in it and the area becomes septic? That would make it more understable how if you could cut off the place you were bitten then you could survive.
PanteraCanes

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:08 am

PanteraCanes wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:How much longer does this show go on? Coral is dead and now Maggie and Michonne aren’t sure things to return for Season 9. If TWD loses all three of them would it survive?

I haven't watched as much lately. Missed all but the Carl death episode of the second half of this season. Though to me the Michonne character has kind of lost its interest. Part of the interest was being some mysterious powerful fighter.

As far as how long it takes to turn after a bite it does seem to depend on the script. Though I often just leave it in my head to how possibly healthy the person is and their will power to fight it. The stranger part is since everyone already is infected what is it about a bite that makes you turn? Maybe the bit has some other infection in it and the area becomes septic? That would make it more understable how if you could cut off the place you were bitten then you could survive.

Good point. TWD has given up on even “pseudo science” at this point. We just have to accept that if you’re bitten you turn unless you cut off the infection and if you die of old age you turn. The speed of the turn depends on how fast paced the action is around you and how central a character you happen to be.
PrimeMinister

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic