Firearms

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Your stance:

ALL firearms should be legal and available to the public.
18%
All currently legal firearms should remain legal (screening as is).
11%
All currently legal firearms should remain legal with more strict screening.
53%
Ban ALL firearms.
8%
Ban semi-automatic handguns and rifles that have a removable magazine.
11%
Don't know / Don't care.
No votes

Total votes : 38

Re: Firearms

Postby Fairweather » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:34 am

The Outsider wrote:
Fairweather wrote:
If you come at me with a knife, the chances are likely 50/50 that you will die. If you came at me with a gun, the chance is about 100% that I will die. That's a big difference. I never feel in danger at all in the countries I visit that ban guns. The US is far more dangerous than any of them.

I seriously doubt you're that adept at defending yourself ya fuckboi.

I can see how a little fuckboi who is on depression meds would find it hard to fathom anyone defending themselves in any situation without a gun.

But the fact is that any person has a better chance against a knife than they do against a gun. Unless you forgot to take your depression meds. Then your chances are zero either way.
Last edited by Fairweather on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:53 am, edited 10 times in total.
Fairweather

Postby Fairweather » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:37 am

Kress wrote:I almost peed a bit when I read that too.

Thank God you wear those Depends, huh?
Fairweather

Postby The Outsider » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:55 am

Fairweather wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I seriously doubt you're that adept at defending yourself ya fuckboi.

I can see how a little fuckboi who is on depression meds would find it hard to fathom anyone defending themselves in any situation without a gun.

But the fact is that any person has a better chance against a knife than they do against a gun. Unless you forgot to take your depression meds. Then your chances are zero either way.

See, if you're going to talk **** you should probably be accurate, no?
The Outsider

Postby Kress » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:00 am

Fairweather wrote:
Kress wrote:I almost peed a bit when I read that too.

Those are all that I'm wearing right now.
Kress

Postby Moozician » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:02 am

Kress wrote:
Fairweather wrote:

You owe me a keyboard, ***hole.
Moozician

Postby Kress » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:54 am

Moozician wrote:
Kress wrote:

The "seared image" should only stick in your brain for about a day or two. Hell, you will see more horrifying things at the Bucs game tomorrow and likely forget all about it.

That being said, DO NOT think about me sitting here in nothing but Depends whenever you see a Bucs jersey. Why would you? They have nothing to do with each other. So tomorrow, when you go into your closet, or turn on the TV, or go to the game, and you see a Bucs jersey, just please do not picture me in Depends. There would be no sense to that.

Bucs Jersey = Kress in Depends? How silly. Don't think about it. Just don't.
Kress

Postby Moozician » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:08 am

Kress wrote:
Moozician wrote:

The "seared image" should only stick in your brain for about a day or two. Hell, you will see more horrifying things at the Bucs game tomorrow and likely forget all about it.

That being said, DO NOT think about me sitting here in nothing but Depends whenever you see a Bucs jersey. Why would you? They have nothing to do with each other. So tomorrow, when you go into your closet, or turn on the TV, or go to the game, and you see a Bucs jersey, just please do not picture me in Depends. There would be no sense to that.

Man... You just fucked me good...
Moozician

Postby Deja Entendu » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:41 pm

Moozician wrote:

It's like high school all over again, except you didn't even have to pay him this time.

Oh and dibs.
Deja Entendu

Postby Moozician » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:13 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
Moozician wrote:

It's like high school all over again, except you didn't even have to pay him this time.

Oh and dibs.

Crap!!
Moozician

Postby Rocker » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:37 am

On one hand, I'd like to think that I'm in the majority of gun owners. I care for them, I keep them in a safe place, and I don't practice with them as much as I should. My weapons are for protecting the lives of my family; and I give them the respect they rightly deserve as tools of deadly force.

On the other, as a veteran; I know well the effect that aiming your weapon at another human being with the intent to end their life can have on your psyche. It's not something that I would wish on anyone. But it is worth mentioning that without these deadly tools, we wouldn't enjoy many, if not all, of the freedoms we have today. Sometimes you have to sacrifice the ideal that all life is sacred and come to grips with the fact that if person X isn't stopped, they are going to cause a lot of destruction, and their death is serving the greater good.

My point is this: Our right as upstanding citizens to own firearms is most likely never going to go away. This shouldn't be the end of the discussion though. Bad folks are going to bad things, and there isn't a system in the world that is going to prevent that. However, I am 100% on board with taking a long, hard look at the current system, and enacting changes for the better. I haven't the faintest clue how or what can be done; but I strongly believe that both sides of the debate need to take a step towards the middle before our country will see any meaningful reduction in the atrocities happening all to often.
Rocker

Postby mightyleemoon » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:57 am

Rocker wrote:but I strongly believe that both sides of the debate need to take a step towards the middle before our country will see any meaningful reduction in the atrocities happening all to often.

This is absolute truth.
mightyleemoon

Postby RedLeader » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:11 am

Rocker wrote:On one hand, I'd like to think that I'm in the majority of gun owners. I care for them, I keep them in a safe place, and I don't practice with them as much as I should. My weapons are for protecting the lives of my family; and I give them the respect they rightly deserve as tools of deadly force.

On the other, as a veteran; I know well the effect that aiming your weapon at another human being with the intent to end their life can have on your psyche. It's not something that I would wish on anyone. But it is worth mentioning that without these deadly tools, we wouldn't enjoy many, if not all, of the freedoms we have today. Sometimes you have to sacrifice the ideal that all life is sacred and come to grips with the fact that if person X isn't stopped, they are going to cause a lot of destruction, and their death is serving the greater good.

My point is this: Our right as upstanding citizens to own firearms is most likely never going to go away. This shouldn't be the end of the discussion though. Bad folks are going to bad things, and there isn't a system in the world that is going to prevent that. However, I am 100% on board with taking a long, hard look at the current system, and enacting changes for the better. I haven't the faintest clue how or what can be done; but I strongly believe that both sides of the debate need to take a step towards the middle before our country will see any meaningful reduction in the atrocities happening all to often.

Damn. Well said.
RedLeader

Postby Heisenberg » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:03 am

Replace everyones guns with bananas.
Heisenberg

Postby Moozician » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:48 am

Heisenberg wrote:Replace everyones guns with bananas.

Great! Then we can change the slogan to "You can have my banana when you pry it from my cold dead hand!"
Moozician

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:34 pm

Moozician wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:Replace everyones guns with bananas.

Great! Then we can change the slogan to "You can have my banana when you pry it from my cold dead hand!"

A girlfriend feels better.
PrimeMinister

Postby Moozician » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:25 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Moozician wrote:Great! Then we can change the slogan to "You can have my banana when you pry it from my cold dead hand!"

Hey! Bananas don't kill people. People kill people!
Moozician

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:29 am

Moozician wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Hey! Bananas don't kill people. People kill people!

Oh yea?

mightyleemoon

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:49 am

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/gun-nut ... s-awesome/

Dildos don't get people off. People get people off.
mightyleemoon

Postby Buc2 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:11 am

Moozician wrote:
Kress wrote:

Pete Pierson
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Deja Entendu » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Bump

How many would be dead if the shooter in Vegas had to constantly reload?

I have yet to find a reasonable response to why a standard citizen needs the right to own any weapon with a removable magazine. Why should they be available to citizens?

Would allowing only firearms with a low round capacity not satisfy the rights of the Second Amendment and allow people the ability to provide and protect their families?

Something seriously needs to ****ing change in this country.
Deja Entendu

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:Bump

I have yet to find a reasonable response to why a standard citizen needs the right to own any weapon with a removable magazine. Why should they be available to citizens?

Would allowing only firearms with a low round capacity not satisfy the rights of the Second Amendment and allow people the ability to provide and protect their families?

You don't protect people from guns. You protect guns from people who would use them to commit murder.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Yeah, it's called mental health screening and better mental health care. It's called follow up screenings at set intervals. I mean, we could outlaw any gun with more than single shot capacity and larger caliber than .22 but I have the feeling that it wouldn't stop anyone who wanted a larger, deadlier firearm from obtaining one. I think we have plenty of evidence that prohibition doesn't really work. Especially reactive prohibition.
The Outsider

Postby Deja Entendu » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:10 pm

The Outsider wrote:

Yeah, it's called mental health screening and better mental health care. It's called follow up screenings at set intervals. I mean, we could outlaw any gun with more than single shot capacity and larger caliber than .22 but I have the feeling that it wouldn't stop anyone who wanted a larger, deadlier firearm from obtaining one. I think we have plenty of evidence that prohibition doesn't really work. Especially reactive prohibition.

I'm all for mental health screenings and anything else that makes it more difficult to obtain these types of weapons; but honestly, how hard will they be to bypass... and how will that stop people that qualify from keeping them off of the black market?

Their availability period is always going to leave them available to those who want them bad enough.

I don't even think it has to be as dramatic as single shot only or .22 or smaller to make a substantial impact. I think that there is a very large middle to meet in.

Also, where is there evidence that prohibition of firearms isn't effective? There's no example of it in the Us. I think Australia would disagree.

The real problem is that "reactive prohibition" at his stage would be such a massive undertaking because of the number of firearms already out there. But you have to start somewhere.
Deja Entendu

Postby HamBone » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:22 pm

He would probably just modify the weapon so he wouldn't have to constantly reload...since he modified one the weapons he used to function as an automatic. At least according to what CNN is reporting.

"The suspicion, based on initial reports, is that at least one of the rifles used was altered to function as an automatic weapon, the official said. Among the weapons found were a .223 caliber and a .308 caliber."
HamBone

Postby acmillis » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:38 pm

I don't understand why someone needs to own a gun with a removable magazine...so that's my vote.
acmillis

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:04 pm

acmillis wrote:I don't understand why someone needs to own a gun with a removable magazine...so that's my vote.

I don't understand why my kids need to get their driver's license.

Whenever we come back to this topic time and time again. It's the same old ****. "Ban guns" vs. "Come and get em." Nothing happens. repeat.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Deja Entendu » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:57 pm

HamBone wrote:

He would probably just modify the weapon so he wouldn't have to constantly reload...since he modified one the weapons he used to function as an automatic. At least according to what CNN is reporting.

"The suspicion, based on initial reports, is that at least one of the rifles used was altered to function as an automatic weapon, the official said. Among the weapons found were a .223 caliber and a .308 caliber."

He wouldn't be able to modify something that doesn't take a removable magazine or a belt of ammo.
Deja Entendu

Postby HamBone » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
HamBone wrote:

He wouldn't be able to modify something that doesn't take a removable magazine or a belt of ammo.

Must be a law or something that would prevent it...
HamBone

Postby Deja Entendu » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:13 pm

HamBone wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

Must be a law or something that would prevent it...

No, I meant he physically wouldn't be able to modify it.
Deja Entendu

Postby Deja Entendu » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:14 pm

You can modify (almost?) any gun with a removable magazine into fully automatic. A revolver or bolt action rifle?
Deja Entendu

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic