Firearms

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Your stance:

ALL firearms should be legal and available to the public.
19%
All currently legal firearms should remain legal (screening as is).
11%
All currently legal firearms should remain legal with more strict screening.
53%
Ban ALL firearms.
8%
Ban semi-automatic handguns and rifles that have a removable magazine.
8%
Don't know / Don't care.
No votes

Total votes : 36

Firearms

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:53 pm

I thought I'd expand on this from the other thread.

What is everyone's take on firearm ownership in this country?
Deja Entendu

Re: Firearms

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:06 pm

I'd be shocked if option 4 got a single vote.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Moozician » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:12 pm

I don't mind the status quo. Check my background. I'll give medical clearance if you need to check that, as well. Check my Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Snapchat, or whatever.

I realize that more stringent controls are needed. Banning firearm ownership should not be an option that this country adopts. Neither is altering WHICH firearms are legal. If they are currently legal, then they should stay legal.
Moozician

Postby terrytate » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:17 pm

Outright banning firearms would be tough. That would require the removal of an entry from the Bill of Rights. Off the top of my head, I am not even sure what the legal hurdles to do that would be.
terrytate

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:32 pm

terrytate wrote:Outright banning firearms would be tough. That would require the removal of an entry from the Bill of Rights. Off the top of my head, I am not even sure what the legal hurdles to do that would be.

I don't think it would be possible in America.

As a former LEO/military member I don't see why it's a fuss for gun owners to get background checks or medical screenings(this would be difficult). I have many guns, because I like to compete in shooting events, hunt, and carry. I have a state CWP and a LEOSA permit pending, which will allow me to carry a concealed firearm in every state, but I've also had countless hours of use of force training, situation training, and weapons training. I don't believe the average Joe off the street can assess a situation like I can.

I wouldn't be against firing or a UoF training on an annual basis to carry. For those who want to carry, it will only make you better suited to make a sound/legal/justifiable judgment if deadly force is ever an option.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:36 pm

Somebody had to be that ONE guy.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:47 pm

I own 23 guns, three of them assault rifles. I have a concealed carry permit. I am all for more strict screenings. I also wouldn't be opposed to an aptitude test of some type. Some way to ensure that any potential gun owner is at least competent in the handling of a firearm.
The Outsider

Postby Fairweather » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:15 pm

Fairweather

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:27 pm

The Outsider wrote:I own 23 guns, three of them assault rifles. I have a concealed carry permit. I am all for more strict screenings. I also wouldn't be opposed to an aptitude test of some type. Some way to ensure that any potential gun owner is at least competent in the handling of a firearm.

As someone who has shot many assault rifles, and other arms of varying caliber (and legality), I ask an honest question:

What purpose do you have for your assault rifles, and other high round capacity weapons, that you feel is so necessary you should not have to give them up for the greater good of public safety?

I think shooting things and blowing stuff up, is great entertainment (fun/sport), and can also be a great stress reliever. However, I don't feel like my rights are infringed upon because I can't own c4 or a fully-auto MP-5.
Deja Entendu

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:28 pm

Fairweather wrote:I think Australia has it right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

Generally speaking, I agree. That being said, it would be much much harder to execute what they did here in the US.
Deja Entendu

Postby The Outsider » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:55 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
The Outsider wrote:I own 23 guns, three of them assault rifles. I have a concealed carry permit. I am all for more strict screenings. I also wouldn't be opposed to an aptitude test of some type. Some way to ensure that any potential gun owner is at least competent in the handling of a firearm.

As someone who has shot many assault rifles, and other arms of varying caliber (and legality), I ask an honest question:

What purpose do you have for your assault rifles, and other high round capacity weapons, that you feel is so necessary you should not have to give them up for the greater good of public safety?

I think shooting things and blowing stuff up, is great entertainment (fun/sport), and can also be a great stress reliever. However, I don't feel like my rights are infringed upon because I can't own c4 or a fully-auto MP-5.

I enjoy shooting them and in my hands they aren't a danger to anything that walks on two legs. When not in use I keep them locked in a safe to which only I and two others have the combination. Essentially, it isn't about what guns are available, it is about keeping the wrong people from getting a hold of guns, period. I'm not entirely sure what the answer to that problem is, though.
The Outsider

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:40 pm

The Outsider wrote:
I enjoy shooting them and in my hands they aren't a danger to anything that walks on two legs. When not in use I keep them locked in a safe to which only I and two others have the combination. Essentially, it isn't about what guns are available, it is about keeping the wrong people from getting a hold of guns, period. I'm not entirely sure what the answer to that problem is, though.

I agree that is the problem, and I feel the easiest -- and as far as I can come up with, the only -- answer is to outlaw those type of weapons.

The "how" is an entirely different problem to solve.
Deja Entendu

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:44 pm

This thread will end up in the political forum

#prediction
Crocaneers

Postby Corsair » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:00 am

Corsair

Postby RedLeader » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:34 am

Corsair wrote:Image

lol. I especially like the link address: "stupid liberals on guns and abortion"
RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:38 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I'd be shocked if option 4 got a single vote.

I'm just wondering why there isn't a choice to just "ban violence"?

Duh.

Problem solved.
RedLeader

Postby The Outsider » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:12 am

Deja Entendu wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I agree that is the problem, and I feel the easiest -- and as far as I can come up with, the only -- answer is to outlaw those type of weapons.

I mean, are we just outlawing assault rifles in this scenario? Or are we outlawing semi-auto handguns as well? Might as well outlaw shotguns in your scenario. Oh, and scoped long rifles could be used by a killer from a vantage point to do considerable damage, should probably outlaw those too. I mean, my Remington 700 .270 is essentially a sniper's weapon.

You see my point? Anyone who is determined to kill people will do so with whatever guns are available, so if you're going the ban route you go for it all the way.
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:48 am

Option 3 please.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:58 am

The Outsider wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

I mean, are we just outlawing assault rifles in this scenario? Or are we outlawing semi-auto handguns as well? Might as well outlaw shotguns in your scenario. Oh, and scoped long rifles could be used by a killer from a vantage point to do considerable damage, should probably outlaw those too. I mean, my Remington 700 .270 is essentially a sniper's weapon.

You see my point? Anyone who is determined to kill people will do so with whatever guns are available, so if you're going the ban route you go for it all the way.

I do see your point, but realize it quickly becomes a slippery slope descending to all weapons (ie what about cross-bows, katana swords, etc...).

The best starting point would probably look to Australia's list. The intent here isn't to stop gun violence or murder, it is to be as proactive as possible in preventing mass-murders which are made easier due to the weaponry available.

Some firearms have a practical purpose in many people's lives, namely hunting to provide food for their family. People should also maintain the right to defend themselves from both people and animals. These feats can easily be accomplished with weapons that are also incapable of firing a high volume of rounds in a brief period of time without pause to reload (opportunity for people to flee or attack).

As for the remaining legal firearms, in addition to the background screening, perhaps there should be required training along with a written exam on what your intentions with the firearm are: You want to hunt? Ok, what, where, and how? You want protection? Why do you feel it's necessary in your particular circumstance?
Deja Entendu

Postby Teitan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:01 am

The Outsider wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

And then people will just go back to making pipe bombs and pressure cooker bombs, etc. the tool used in the violence isn't the problem. PEOPLE are the problem. If someone wants to do harm, they are going to find a way. It doesn't have to be a gun.
Teitan

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:38 am

Deja Entendu wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I do see your point, but realize it quickly becomes a slippery slope descending to all weapons (ie what about cross-bows, katana swords, etc...).

The best starting point would probably look to Australia's list. The intent here isn't to stop gun violence or murder, it is to be as proactive as possible in preventing mass-murders which are made easier due to the weaponry available.

Some firearms have a practical purpose in many people's lives, namely hunting to provide food for their family. People should also maintain the right to defend themselves from both people and animals. These feats can easily be accomplished with weapons that are also incapable of firing a high volume of rounds in a brief period of time without pause to reload (opportunity for people to flee or attack).

As for the remaining legal firearms, in addition to the background screening, perhaps there should be required training along with a written exam on what your intentions with the firearm are: You want to hunt? Ok, what, where, and how? You want protection? Why do you feel it's necessary in your particular circumstance?

There are many who want protection from a bigger threat than simply an intruder coming in their house. Whether it's the government, invasion, an apocalyptic situation, whatever. They are afforded this right by the constitution.

This isn't Australia. Gun ownership in our country has deep roots and will be difficult, boardering impossible to eliminate any sort of guns nation-wide. Even if laws were to go into affect on a national level, both good guys and bad guys will keep their guns. There will always be access to all weapons, legally or illegally. I know it's redundant, but it does hold truth...in a nation with so many guns, both legal and illegal, outlawing or banning guns on any level only hurts the law abiding citizens.

The real answer is IMO training. Training and weapons knowledge to the masses, who are cleared and screened can quell and diminish these mass murders. Training and background checks, and you can have all the guns you want. I like the idea that MJW proposed...a certain level of use of force/weapons training can provide a tax break.

Unless there is a complete revocation of the constitution and a willing police/military force(which would be difficult to find) goes door to door and collects weapons, we will never live in a nation free from guns. It's a fairytale. It's far more realistic in our nation to see a mass proliferation of firearms and training, but neither have to be the answer. There can be a middle ground.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mother Ayahuasca » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:04 am

Where's the ban ssri users from buying guns option?

School Shooting Prozac WITHDRAWAL 2008-02-15 Illinois ** 6 Dead: 15 Wounded: Perpetrator Was in Withdrawal from Med & Acting Erratically

School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant 2005-03-24 Minnesota **10 Dead: 7 Wounded: Dosage Increased One Week before Rampage

School Shooting Paxil Antidepressant 2001-03-10 Pennsylvania **14 Year Old GIRL Shoots & Wounds Classmate at Catholic School

School Shooting Zoloft Antidepressant & ADHD Med 2011-07-11 Alabama **14 Year Old Kills Fellow Middle School Student

School Shooting Zoloft Antidepressant 1995-10-12 South Carolina **15 Year Old Shoots Two Teachers, Killing One: Then Kills Himself

School Shooting Med For Depression 2009-03-13 Germany **16 Dead Including Shooter: Antidepressant Use: Shooter in Treatment For Depression

School Hostage Situation Med For Depression 2010-12-15 France **17 Year Old with Sword Holds 20 Children & Teacher Hostage

School Shooting Plot Med For Depression WITHDRAWAL 2008-08-28 Texas **18 Year Old Plots a Columbine School Attack

School Shooting Anafranil Antidepressant 1988-05-20 Illinois **29 Year Old WOMAN Kills One Child: Wounds Five: Kills Self

School Shooting Luvox/Zoloft Antidepressants 1999-04-20 Colorado **COLUMBINE: 15 Dead: 24 Wounded

School Stabbings Antidepressants 2001-06-09 Japan **Eight Dead: 15 Wounded: Assailant Had Taken 10 Times his Normal Dose of Depression Med

School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 1998-05-21 Oregon **Four Dead: Twenty Injured

School Stabbing Med For Depression 2011-10-25 Washington **Girl, 15, Stabs Two Girls in School Restroom: 1 Is In Critical Condition

School Shooting Antidepressant 2006-09-30 Colorado **Man Assaults Girls: Kills One & Self

School Machete Attack Med for Depression 2001-09-26 Pennsylvania **Man Attacks 11 Children & 3 Teachers at Elementary School

School Shooting Related Luvox 1993-07-23 Florida **Man Commits Murder During Clinical Trial for Luvox: Same Drug as in COLUMBINE: Never Reported

School Hostage Situation Cymbalta Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 2009-11-09 New York **Man With Gun Inside School Holds Principal Hostage

School Shooting Antidepressants 1992-09-20 Texas **Man, Angry Over Daughter's Report Card, Shoots 14 Rounds inside Elementary School

School Shooting SSRI 2010-02-19 Finland **On Sept. 23, 2008 a Finnish Student Shot & Killed 9 Students Before Killing Himself

School Shooting Threat Med for Depression* 2004-10-19 New Jersey **Over-Medicated Teen Brings Loaded Handguns to School

School Shooting Antidepressant? 2007-04-18 Virginia **Possible SSRI Use: 33 Dead at Virginia Tech

School Shooting Antidepressant? 2002-01-17 Virginia **Possible SSRI Withdrawal Mania: 3 Dead at Law School

School Incident/Bizarre Zoloft* 2010-08-22 Australia **School Counselor Exhibits Bizarre Behavior: Became Manic On Zoloft

School/Assault Antidepressant 2009-11-04 California **School Custodian Assaults Student & Principal: Had Manic Reaction From Depression Med

School Shooting Prozac Antidepressant 1992-01-30 Michigan **School Teacher Shoots & Kills His Superintendent at School

School Shooting Threats Celexa Antidepressant 2010-01-25 Virginia **Senior in High School Theatens to Kill 4 Classmates: Facebook Involved: Bail Denied

School Violence/Murder Antidepressants* 1998-05-04 New York **Sheriff's Deputy Shoots his Wife in an Elementary School

School Knifing/Murder Meds For Depression & ADHD 2010-04-28 Massachusetts **Sixteen Year Old Kills 15 Year Old in High School Bathroom in Sept. 2009

School Stabbing Wellbutrin 2006-12-04 Indiana **Stabbing by 17 Year Old At High School: Charged with Attempted Murder

School Threat Antidepressants 2007-04-23 Mississippi **Student Arrested for Making School Threat Over Internet

School Suspension Lexapro Antidepressant 2007-07-28 Arkansas **Student Has 11 Incidents with Police During his 16 Months on Lexapro

School Shooting Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 2007-11-07 Finland **Student Kills 8: Wounds 10: Kills Self: High School in Finland

School Shooting Paxil Antidepressant 2004-02-09 New York **Student Shoots Teacher in Leg at School

School Threat Prozac Antidepressant 2008-01-25 Washington **Student Takes Loaded Shotgun & 3 Rifles to School Parking Lot: Plans Suicide

School Shooting Plot Med For Depression 1998-12-01 Wisconsin **Teen Accused of Plotting to Gun Down Students at School

School/Assault Zoloft Antidepressant 2006-02-15 Tennessee **Teen Attacks Teacher at School

School Shooting Threat Antidepressant 1999-04-16 Idaho **Teen Fires Gun in School

School Hostage Situation Paxil & Effexor Antidepressants 2001-04-15 Washington **Teen Holds Classmates Hostage with a Gun

School Hostage Situation Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 2006-11-28 North Carolina **Teen Holds Teacher & Student Hostage with Gun

School Knife Attack Med for Depression 2006-12-06 Indiana **Teen Knife Attacks Fellow Student

School Massacre Plot Prozac Withdrawal 2011-02-23 Virginia **Teen Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison For Columbine Style Plot

School Shooting Celexa & Effexor Antidepressants 2001-04-19 California **Teen Shoots at Classmates in School

School Shooting Celexa Antidepressant 2006-08-30 North Carolina **Teen Shoots at Two Students: Kills his Father: Celexa Found Among his Personal Effects

School Shooting Meds For Depression & ADHD 2011-03-18 South Carolina **Teen Shoots School Official: Pipe Bombs Found in Backpack

School Shooting Threat Antidepressant 2003-05-31 Michigan **Teen Threatens School Shooting: Charge is Terrorism

School Stand-Off Zoloft Antidepressant 1998-04-13 Idaho **Teen in School Holds Police At Bay: Fires Shots

School Shooting Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL 2007-10-12 Ohio **Teen School Shooter Possibly on Antidepressants or In Withdrawal

School Threat Antidepressants 2008-03-20 Indiana **Teen Brings Gun to School: There Is a Lockdown

School Suicide/Lockdown Med For Depression 2008-02-20 Idaho **Teen Kills Self at High School: Lockdown by Police

School Threats Prozac Antidepressant 1999-10-19 Florida **Teen Threatens Classmates With Knife & Fake Explosives

School Stabbing Med For Depression 2008-02-29 Texas **Teen Stabs Friend & Principal at High School

School Hostage Situation Prozac/ Paxil Antidepressants 2001-01-18 California **Teen Takes Girl Hostage at School: He is Killed by Police

School Knife Attack Treatment For Depression & Strattera 2009-03-10 Belgium **Three Dead in School Day Care: Two Children & a Caregiver: Happened Jan 23, 2009

School Shooting Plot Antidepressants 2009-09-22 England **Two English School Boys Plot to Blow Up High School

School Arson Incidents Paxil 2002-04-12 Michigan **Unusual Personality Change on Paxil Caused 15 Year Old to Set Fires inside High School

School Bomb Threat Med For Depression 2009-06-29 Australia **Vexed Father Makes Bomb Threat Against Elementary School

School Violence Antidepressant 2005-11-19 Arizona **Violent 8 Year Old GIRL Handcuffed by Police at School

School Violence Celexa Antidepressant 2002-01-23 Florida **Violent 8 Year-Old Boy Arrested At School

School Threat/Lockdown Lexapro* 2008-04-18 California **Violent High School Student Shot to Death on Campus by Police

School / Child Endangerment Antidepressants 2008-02-27 Canada **Wacky School Bus Driver Goes Berserk: Also Involved Painkillers

School Violence Paxil 2004-10-23 Washington DC **Young Boy, 10 Year Old, Has Violent Incidents at School

School Threat Wellbutrin Antidepressant 2007-04-24 Tennessee **Young Boy, 12, Threatens to Shoot Others at School

School Hostage Situation Med for Depression 2006-03-09 France **Young Ex-Teacher Holds 21 Students Hostage

School Shooting/Suicide Celexa 2002-10-07 Texas **Young Girl Kills Self at School With a Gun

School Hostage Situation Paxil 2001-10-12 North Carolina **Young Man Holds Three People Hostage in Duke University President's Office

School Murder Attempt Med For Depression 1995-03-04 California **Young Woman Deliberately Hits 3 Kids with Her Car at Elementary School: Laughed During Attack
Mother Ayahuasca

Postby Fairweather » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:31 am

uscbucsfan wrote:This isn't Australia. Gun ownership in our country has deep roots and will be difficult, boardering impossible to eliminate any sort of guns nation-wide. Even if laws were to go into affect on a national level, both good guys and bad guys will keep their guns. There will always be access to all weapons, legally or illegally.

I'm guessing you have never been to Australia. I was in Australia when they decided to ban guns. Australia was every bit as much a gun country as the US back then. Most of their population was what we consider to be rednecks here. You think they wanted to give up their guns? Not likely.

Yes, there is still access to illegal guns in Australia. But a gun in the US that costs 500 usd will cost 35,000 usd in Australia. That's a big difference and a major factor in preventing murders. What they did in Australia worked, and it worked well - and it can work in the US.
Fairweather

Postby Moozician » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:33 am

Man, it looks like we need to outlaw anti-depressants.
Moozician

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:41 am

Fairweather wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:This isn't Australia. Gun ownership in our country has deep roots and will be difficult, boardering impossible to eliminate any sort of guns nation-wide. Even if laws were to go into affect on a national level, both good guys and bad guys will keep their guns. There will always be access to all weapons, legally or illegally.

I'm guessing you have never been to Australia. I was in Australia when they decided to ban guns. Australia was every bit as much a gun country as the US back then. Most of their population was what we consider to be rednecks here. You think they wanted to give up their guns? Not likely.

Yes, there is still access to illegal guns in Australia. But a gun in the US that costs 500 usd will cost 35,000 usd in Australia. That's a big difference and a major factor in preventing murders. What they did in Australia worked, and it worked well - and it can work in the US.

I have been there and it's really irrelevant to the discussion. There was never high gun homicides there, they created the ban because of a mass shooting and it had a significant backing. Homicides have not decreased significantly, but suicides by gun have. They went from 1 mass shooting to 0. Laws/policies/governments from one country are barely ever able to be directly applied in another. There are different cultures, classes, amount of people, laws, mentalities in the US which make it a far more difficult process than it ever was in Australia.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:51 am

Moozician wrote:Man, it looks like we need to outlaw anti-depressants.

RIght?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:15 pm

Corsair wrote:Image

So...what steps does a woman have to go through to get a gun?
mightyleemoon

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:31 pm

Teitan wrote:PEOPLE are the problem.

Exactly. So, it shouldn't seem ridiculous that people want to make an effort to keep some weapons out of certain people's hands.

People like you fail to understand the arguments you oppose. Very rarely are people making a case that the gun, itself, is the issue. Their issue is how available those guns are to the wrong people.

So, for some people, the solution is to just get rid of all firearms and not allow anyone to have them. Going that route does limit the number of wrong people getting their hands on firearms.

For other people the solution is to try and identify who the wrong people are at the point of sale and restrict that sale.

For other people the solution is to allow anyone and everyone to have any gun they please and if the bad person pulls out their gun they will be met by 5 good people pulling out their guns. These people hope that would be a deterrent and cause bad people to stop doing bad things. (Or they just want to see swift, vigilante justice)

Those seem to generally be the 3 notions happening here and every single one of them is Person-centric.

Also, the whole "People will just kill with butter knives or stones, then! Better outlaw butter knives and stones!" This argument is stupid retarded. If you were unarmed and approached by a person with ill intent...would you prefer they were armed with a gun? A knife? A stone? If they are armed with a gun, then you're odds of survival are much lower than the other two. Why? Because a gun is a fantastic killing tool Far more effective than a knife or a pipe bomb or roundhouse kicks.
mightyleemoon

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:53 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:I have been there and it's really irrelevant to the discussion. There was never high gun homicides there, they created the ban because of a mass shooting and it had a significant backing. Homicides have not decreased significantly, but suicides by gun have. They went from 1 mass shooting to 0. Laws/policies/governments from one country are barely ever able to be directly applied in another. There are different cultures, classes, amount of people, laws, mentalities in the US which make it a far more difficult process than it ever was in Australia.

Actually, they went from 13 mass shootings between 1979 to 1996 and zero mass shootings since.

Well, if this article is to be believed. But, a quick Googling didn't yield any info to the contrary.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/06/austr ... ince-1996/

That said, they have still had massacres...mostly from fires (Fires! How clever. Maybe that's what actually happened to Great White)...and hammers and knives.

Even that said...it does appear their crime rate plummeted as a result. They still have crime, sure. Violent crime, even. Some people even manage to get a gun and occasionally shoot someone in the face. But, their numbers do look to have been drastically reduced.

With even all of that that said said...I agree. I don't know how you pull this off here. It might be easier to do when your total population is 24 million. But, with 320 million people...that presents us with a bit of a challenge. It's a micro vs macro difference.
mightyleemoon

Postby Moozician » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:12 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Fairweather wrote:

I have been there and it's really irrelevant to the discussion. There was never high gun homicides there, they created the ban because of a mass shooting and it had a significant backing. Homicides have not decreased significantly, but suicides by gun have. They went from 1 mass shooting to 0. Laws/policies/governments from one country are barely ever able to be directly applied in another. There are different cultures, classes, amount of people, laws, mentalities in the US which make it a far more difficult process than it ever was in Australia.
'm wondering if the Aussies ever had the equivalent of the Second Amendment.
Moozician

Next

Return to Off Topic