Last Movie You Watched?

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
post

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby Caradoc » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:34 am

Brook04 wrote:Watched Polar yesterday. Crazy movie indeed :D


I liked that one. Kind of like Taken meets John Wick.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 6936
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 423 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby sanka » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 pm

Who the **** thought Beyonce can sing? Lion King will be a soulless movie, trying their best to imitate the past voices of the animated one. James Earl Jones is the only reason this movie carries any weight...plus Timon and Pumbaa.
Last edited by sanka on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it. -Malcolm X
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 4058
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby BJJ34 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Donald Glover is a tremendous actor/persona, I have faith the movie will be great.
BJJ34
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:52 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby MJW » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:40 am

Watching "Boogie Nights" for the first time in years and years. What a good movie. It would be so easy for it to descend into camp or parody and it never does.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 11830
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 660 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 am

MJW wrote:Watching "Boogie Nights" for the first time in years and years. What a good movie. It would be so easy for it to descend into camp or parody and it never does.


I always expected that as well, and every time I watch it, I enjoy it more. It made Mark Wahlberg.
Image
User avatar
Crocaneers
 
Posts: 3733
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 am
Location: Virginia
Has thanked: 548 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby MJW » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:27 am

Crocaneers wrote:
MJW wrote:Watching "Boogie Nights" for the first time in years and years. What a good movie. It would be so easy for it to descend into camp or parody and it never does.


I always expected that as well, and every time I watch it, I enjoy it more. It made Mark Wahlberg.


Have you heard Leonardo DiCaprio talk about how much he regrets turning that film down to do "Titanic?" He's said he was offered it, and he turned it down for the "safe" role, and everything that's happened since is due to that moment.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 11830
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 660 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby TheChefO » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:55 am

MJW wrote:Watching "Boogie Nights" for the first time in years and years. What a good movie. It would be so easy for it to descend into camp or parody and it never does.


You don't know what I could be! What I could become!
TheChefO
 
Posts: 4925
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1138 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby Buc2 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:25 am

MJW wrote:
Crocaneers wrote:
I always expected that as well, and every time I watch it, I enjoy it more. It made Mark Wahlberg.


Have you heard Leonardo DiCaprio talk about how much he regrets turning that film down to do "Titanic?" He's said he was offered it, and he turned it down for the "safe" role, and everything that's happened since is due to that moment.

I think things worked out damned good for both of them.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 15790
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1693 times
Been thanked: 840 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby PetePierson » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:53 am

Buc2 wrote:
MJW wrote:
Have you heard Leonardo DiCaprio talk about how much he regrets turning that film down to do "Titanic?" He's said he was offered it, and he turned it down for the "safe" role, and everything that's happened since is due to that moment.

I think things worked out damned good for both of them.


No kidding. Poor Leo is running out of super models half his age that he hasn't banged yet. I hope he'll be ok.
Image
User avatar
PetePierson
 
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Yucks Fan in Kitty Country.
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 293 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:37 am

MJW wrote:
Crocaneers wrote:
I always expected that as well, and every time I watch it, I enjoy it more. It made Mark Wahlberg.


Have you heard Leonardo DiCaprio talk about how much he regrets turning that film down to do "Titanic?" He's said he was offered it, and he turned it down for the "safe" role, and everything that's happened since is due to that moment.


Are you trying to tell me we could've had a DeCapBurgers franchise?
Image
User avatar
IchabodCrane84
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby Crocaneers » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:00 pm

The fam wanted the last night out in Gville to be a great memory

Lion King was everything it needed to be and more.
Image
User avatar
Crocaneers
 
Posts: 3733
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 am
Location: Virginia
Has thanked: 548 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby MJW » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:11 pm

IchabodCrane84 wrote:
MJW wrote:
Have you heard Leonardo DiCaprio talk about how much he regrets turning that film down to do "Titanic?" He's said he was offered it, and he turned it down for the "safe" role, and everything that's happened since is due to that moment.


Are you trying to tell me we could've had a DeCapBurgers franchise?


Never happen, cow farts contribute to climate change.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 11830
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 660 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby MJW » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:11 pm

Anybody seen Alita: Battle Angel? I just watched it. It was a fun, enough said.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 11830
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 660 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby sanka » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:00 am

Crocaneers wrote:The fam wanted the last night out in Gville to be a great memory

Lion King was everything it needed to be and more.


Lion King was cringey as ****, watched it on bootleg. No soul at all. My God Disney...Even Beauty and the beast was better, so is the jungle book.

The Music was so dry...Rafiki wtf, Mufasa voice was dry as hell. I bet Jeremy Irons is happy he was not chosen.

Thank God I didn’t waste my money.

Let me go watch the original to purify my soul again. Ugh
Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it. -Malcolm X
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 4058
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby BJJ34 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:14 pm

Rented Shazam! to see if it was any good and was pleasantally surprised. Pretty well thought out and despite its cheesiness, I enjoyed it.
BJJ34
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:52 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:20 pm

sanka wrote:
Crocaneers wrote:The fam wanted the last night out in Gville to be a great memory

Lion King was everything it needed to be and more.


Lion King was cringey as ****, watched it on bootleg. No soul at all. My God Disney...Even Beauty and the beast was better, so is the jungle book.

The Music was so dry...Rafiki wtf, Mufasa voice was dry as hell. I bet Jeremy Irons is happy he was not chosen.

Thank God I didn’t waste my money.

Let me go watch the original to purify my soul again. Ugh


Pretty much this but great visuals tho
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 5723
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:19 am

My and my fam went to see, Yesterday, yesterday. I love Beatles music so I really enjoyed it. We all did, in fact. It was a bit of a different take on the usual, biopic, rock musicals we've been seeing lately. Well done. Original. Fun.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 15790
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1693 times
Been thanked: 840 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby Deja Entendu » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:18 pm

Buc2 wrote:My and my fam went to see, Yesterday, yesterday. I love Beatles music so I really enjoyed it. We all did, in fact. It was a bit of a different take on the usual, biopic, rock musicals we've been seeing lately. Well done. Original. Fun.


Ditto
Deja Entendu
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby BJJ34 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:45 pm

Watched a couple classics the last couple days: Saving Silverman and Blue Streak. Thankful for Crackle.
BJJ34
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:52 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby MJW » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:32 pm

"Rush," the Chris Hemsworth/Daniel Bruhl Formula One film (not the early 1990s Jason Patric Narc film). It was a good story, and Ron Howard did what he does best as a director - got out of the way of it and let it breathe. Daniel Bruhl is so good. There are Oscars in his future.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 11830
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 660 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby PetePierson » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:27 am

BJJ34 wrote:Watched a couple classics the last couple days: Saving Silverman and Blue Streak. Thankful for Crackle.


Oh Jack Black, I remember when you were funny.
Image
User avatar
PetePierson
 
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Yucks Fan in Kitty Country.
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 293 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby Teitan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:35 am

MJW wrote:Daniel Bruhl is so good. There are Oscars in his future.



Really? I’ve never seen the movie you’re referencing but anything I’ve ever seen him in, I didn’t care for his performance.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 5926
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 290 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby MJW » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:37 am

Teitan wrote:
MJW wrote:Daniel Bruhl is so good. There are Oscars in his future.



Really? I’ve never seen the movie you’re referencing but anything I’ve ever seen him in, I didn’t care for his performance.


See, I've really liked him in everything I've seen him in, and I thought he was brilliant in this. Different strokes.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 11830
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 660 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby MJW » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:39 am

PetePierson wrote:
BJJ34 wrote:Watched a couple classics the last couple days: Saving Silverman and Blue Streak. Thankful for Crackle.


Oh Jack Black, I remember when you were funny.


I think he was rendered obsolete by the less grating but similar Zach Galifinakas, who can do Jack Black manic fat guy things, but also knows how to throw a changeup.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 11830
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Has thanked: 276 times
Been thanked: 660 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby PetePierson » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:47 am

MJW wrote:
PetePierson wrote:
Oh Jack Black, I remember when you were funny.


I think he was rendered obsolete by the less grating but similar Zach Galifinakas, who can do Jack Black manic fat guy things, but also knows how to throw a changeup.


Grew up on Tenacious D and loved High Fidelity (but also a Cusack homer). Zack G has his moments, Between Two Ferns is hilarious; especially with the A Listers he gets to make an appearance. Alas, he stopped drinking and lost weight as well.

Another betrayer of the Fat Brethern.
Image
User avatar
PetePierson
 
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Yucks Fan in Kitty Country.
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 293 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:32 am

Teitan wrote:
MJW wrote:Daniel Bruhl is so good. There are Oscars in his future.



Really? I’ve never seen the movie you’re referencing but anything I’ve ever seen him in, I didn’t care for his performance.


he was phenomenal in Rush


which, by the way, if you haven't seen Rush, go see it now. It's a DAMN good movie.


MJW, you would love it
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 5293
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 769 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:45 am

Godzilla: King of the Monsters. We enjoyed it even if it was just a touch too long. Great monster fights that exceeded the fights in the original. The actress that plays the mom is HORRIBLE though. You’ll have to look past her one note performance.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 11304
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 418 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:03 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Godzilla: King of the Monsters. We enjoyed it even if it was just a touch too long. Great monster fights that exceeded the fights in the original. The actress that plays the mom is HORRIBLE though. You’ll have to look past her one note performance.

Like that would be hard to accomplish...

Image
Image
Image
Image

:lol:
j/k I know what you meant.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 15790
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1693 times
Been thanked: 840 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby TheChefO » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:15 pm

All up in the club like "hey girl" ... NOPE!

Image
TheChefO
 
Posts: 4925
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1138 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: Last Movie You Watched?

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Don't ever say "all up in the club" ever again.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 19514
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 911 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ComingThisFall, Google [Bot], Kress, PanteraCanes and 8 guests