Last one Wins ... .Part 2

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Last one Wins ... .Part 2

Postby NYBF » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 pm

First live professional sporting event you ever went to: Mets game in 1986 for my birthday. It was ****ing FREEZING, especially in the top corner of the upper deck for a night game. Mom took me and two friends.

Last live professional sporting event you went to: Knicks - Raptors Sunday

First live collegiate sporting event you ever went to: No idea. Certainly was something at college as part of my campus job. Probably women's basketball
Completely forgot: 1991 HOF Bowl at the Old Sombrero. Clemson vs Illinois. My Grandfather was a member or something and got tix every year. He took me to a couple of them. Almost positive that was the first.

Last live collegiate sporting event you went to: See above ^ No idea. Certainly was something at college as part of my campus job. Probably women's basketball

Favorite memory of live sporting event you went to (here I"m thinking of outcome on the field, not factoring in meaningfulness in life): Since you didn't specify level, I'll go with my team's last little league game over the summer. Long story short, they won a 9 inning thriller (regulation is 6 innings) to win the town championship.

Sporting you hope to attend before you die: Probably World Cup. Praying that US gets the 2026 bid.

Saw at least one mention of Kentucky Derby. Not the same level, but still one of the jewels of the triple crown - I am probably hitting Belmont this year for the Stakes.
Last edited by NYBF on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYBF

Postby Teitan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:13 pm

First live professional sporting event you ever went to: I had certainly attended some spring training baseball games at a very young age. But the first Pro sports event I remember going to was a Bulls vs Magic basketball game when Jordan was still playing. Mid-late 90’s

Last live professional sporting event you went to: Bolts game last year before my Daughter was born.

First live collegiate sporting event you ever went to: UCF vs USF a few years ago.

Last live collegiate sporting event you went to: Bitcoin Bowl. UCF vs NC State. Glennon was sitting across the isle and 3 rows behind me.

Favorite memory of live sporting event you went to (here I"m thinking of outcome on the field, not factoring in meaningfulness in life): Don’t know honestly. Haven’t been to many HUGE games where the outcome mattered that much.

Sporting you hope to attend before you die: Final game for the Stanley Cup (that the lightning are in). That would be epic.
Teitan

Postby Super K » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:58 am

First live sporting event: it was a Steelers game back at ol 3 Rivers stadium..I was about 4 years old...wind chill was (20)...My dad and I went with a pair of neighbors...we were ALL so excited to go (someone had given us the Tix) as "we" didn't normally do stuff like that (blue-collar coal miner types)...it was like Hoth from TESB...

Last live event: Steeler playoff loss to the Jags :)

First college event: I actually played college ball before ever seeing anything live

Last live college event: Pitt vs Penn State the renewal game in 2016

Favorite Sports Memory: seeing my 1st, and only, live FSU game in their 2013 opener vs Pitt..crowd was ridiculous (Monday night game), went with my Dad and brothers in law...it is cool looking back on it knowing we were watching the National Champs whoop some ass!... 2nd place is our Bucs beating Pittsburgh in 2014...

Event I HAVE to go to: Noles vs Canes in Tally...
Super K

Postby MJW » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:07 am

First live professional sporting event you ever went to: I saw Thomas "Hit Man" Hearns win the Light Heavyweight title against...some guy...in Detroit in 1987.

Last live professional sporting event you went to: I saw the Lincoln Stars hockey team lose to the Omaha Lancers a few weeks ago.

First live collegiate sporting event you ever went to: The Syracuse Orange(men) football team beat Army at West Point in 1990.

Last live collegiate sporting event you went to: The Nebraska Baseball team beat Cal Poly by like 19 runs last Saturday.

Favorite memory of live sporting event you went to (here I"m thinking of outcome on the field, not factoring in meaningfulness in life): The Bucs coming back from 21-3 in Kansas City in 2008 to win in overtime. Lotta Chiefs fans were talking a lot of smack all game long - until the end.

Sporting you hope to attend before you die: I'd love to attend an Olympic Hockey game. Maybe in 2026.
MJW

Postby Kress » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:42 pm

First live professional sporting event you ever went to:

Montreal Expos v. ????. As a kid, we used to go up there for games all the time at Olympic Stadium. I lived in upstate NY so Montreal was close. Andre Dawson, Tim Raines, Gary Carter.... I got a field pass one year and had my picture taken with Carter. A Polaroid that he immediately signed. Good times.

Last live professional sporting event you went to:

Orioles at Rays. I caught (picked up) a ball - my first ever. The ball was a single hit by Beckham, thrown back to the pitcher, and then fouled to me by Kiermaier. The fact that it was a Beckham hit makes it a novelty.

First live collegiate sporting event you ever went to:

Penn State at Rutgers football. Rutgers actually won a thrilling game - it came down to a Rutgers goal-line stand right in front of us.

Last live collegiate sporting event you went to:

Maryland at Clemson football. Uneventful game. Clemson won.

Favorite memory of live sporting event you went to (here I"m thinking of outcome on the field, not factoring in meaningfulness in life):

Don Mattingly hitting a bottom of the 9th walk off blast at the old Yankee stadium. I've never felt a stadium shake like that before or since.

Sporting you hope to attend before you die:

Super Bowl
Kress

Postby NYBF » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Kress wrote:Last live collegiate sporting event you went to:

Maryland at Clemson football. Uneventful game. Clemson won.

You reminded me! My first collegiate sporting event was incorrect. 1991 HOF Bowl at the Old Sombrero. Clemson vs Illinois. My Grandfather was a member or something and got tix every year. He took me to a couple of them. Almost positive that was the first.
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Kress wrote:
Montreal Expos v. ????. As a kid, we used to go up there for games all the time at Olympic Stadium. l

voulez-vous couchez avec moi ce soir?

oh wait, nvm
Zarniwoop

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Heyyy
Crocaneers

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Tonight -- cleaning bikes, packing up truck, relaxing night
Tomorrow -- all day MX race with the little one. We are excited as we are trying a new Hare Scramble series this yea and its the first race of an 8 race season.
Sunday -- church, house projects, swim
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Today-getting ready to throw some ribs and a whole chicken in the smoker. I highly recommend Everglades Rub for the chicken.

Tomorrow-"Feedlely-dee" music all day, shepherds pie and Irish libations in the evening.

Sunday-Wide open. No plans as of yet.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Super K » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:33 pm

So my daughter (15) has "Parenting class" in school and it's her turn to bring home the electronic baby for the weekend..

The ****ing thing is broken..."situations" (needing fed, changed, rocked etc) are supposed to last 255 seconds AT MOST..we just fed this thing a bottle for 45 minutes at dinner time and it wails, and I mean it ****ing wails, for 20 minutes at a time until the system shuts down and recycles...

I'd smash it with a hammer if the damn thing wasn't $18K...thinking about wrapping it in baknkets and putting it in the sump pump room in the basement...
Super K

Postby Crocaneers » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:25 pm

Yeah .. first thing the high school kids find out ..

the things dont work as designed ..

/lesson
Crocaneers

Postby Rocker » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:55 pm

Going to see my not-by-blood brother and sister in law in the morning. I’m at the same time extremely excited and extremely nervous. Last time I saw them was the party they threw for me prior to boot camp.
Rocker

Postby Super K » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:54 am

Crocaneers wrote:Yeah .. first thing the high school kids find out ..

/lesson

While that sounds really smart and makes a ton of sense, no...the damn thing is broken...

It comes with/has this sensor braclet, kind of like a fitbit, that should be pressed against it when it starts crying so that the "parent" can execute the action it needs...

It doesn't work...I've googled the doll and it's maker, watched WAY more vids about it then I would ever want to...

It's broken...it's broken and it's loud as all hell... some one is gonna call the cops on us...
Super K

Postby beardmcdoug » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:03 am

Super K wrote:

/lesson

While that sounds really smart and makes a ton of sense, no...the damn thing is broken...

It comes with/has this sensor braclet, kind of like a fitbit, that should be pressed against it when it starts crying so that the "parent" can execute the action it needs...

It doesn't work...I've googled the doll and it's maker, watched WAY more vids about it then I would ever want to...

It's broken...it's broken and it's loud as all hell... some one is gonna call the cops on us...

LOL
beardmcdoug

Postby Buc2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:45 am

All the draft talk about free agency in the TD thread gave me a thought of a little game we could play here.

Suppose all of our careers were played like NFL free agency. If you were an UFA in your field, what do you think you'd command on the free agent market?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:46 am

Suppose all of our careers were played like NFL free agency. If you were an UFA in your field, what do you think you'd command on the free agent market?

While age is not a deterrent in my field, my closeness to retirement and impact to a potential employers salary cap could be. Given those facts, I think my current employer would still be willing to offer me a decent, cap-friendly 3-4 year deal with some guaranteed money. If I chose to test the FA waters, I think I could do better salary-wise, but not so much that I wouldn't still consider staying with my current employer where I already know my place on their team and enjoy some seniority and well-earned benefits. In the end, I believe I'd take my current employer's cap-friendly offer to stay where I've grown comfortable in an area of the country I enjoy.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:25 pm

Super K wrote:

/lesson

Should we bump the meltdown thread? :lol:
NYBF

Postby Rocker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:42 am

Paying it forward always pays off.

Source: I was able to make an old man’s day, 23 years after he did something incredibly kind for me.
Rocker

Postby Crocaneers » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:25 am

If there is any way to tell this story without personal details, I would love to hear it.

Redemption is healing!
Crocaneers

Postby Rocker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:42 am

Crocaneers wrote:If there is any way to tell this story without personal details, I would love to hear it.

Redemption is healing!

No story to tell, other than to remind myself and others doing a Good Thing is a reward in itself; and that you may never realize how much it can impact someone else’s life.
Rocker

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:57 am

Rocker wrote:
Crocaneers wrote:If there is any way to tell this story without personal details, I would love to hear it.

Redemption is healing!

No story to tell, other than to remind myself and others doing a Good Thing is a reward in itself; and that you may never realize how much it can impact someone else’s life.

Nice Rocker...I always love to hear inspirational stories
Zarniwoop

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:00 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Tomorrow -- all day MX race with the little one. We are excited as we are trying a new Hare Scramble series this yea and its the first race of an 8 race season.

Well that new series didn’t last long. My little one did awesome - 4th place.

I crashed and broke my left wrist.
Zarniwoop

Postby Rocker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:15 am

OUCH! Get well soon dude.
Rocker

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:49 am

That's gotta hurt.

Can I sign your cast?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:19 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Tomorrow -- all day MX race with the little one. We are excited as we are trying a new Hare Scramble series this yea and its the first race of an 8 race season.

Well that new series didn’t last long. My little one did awesome - 4th place.

I crashed and broke my left wrist.

Dude...You should consider retirement.
May you heal quickly.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:32 pm

Thanks.

----------------

The couple series I race in have over 60 divisions. I won't ever give up.

My dream is to ride with my first grandkid

:)
Zarniwoop

Postby Crocaneers » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Sorry to hear you got hurt ...... again.

Heal quickly
Crocaneers

Postby Super K » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Crocaneers wrote:Sorry to hear you got hurt ...... again.

Heal quickly

Yep....
Super K

Postby Heidguy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:38 am

So since this new LOW thread has started, has there been a actual winner?
Heidguy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic