General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Last one Wins ... .Part 2

Postby Rocker » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Awesome, S K.
Rocker

Postby Super K » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Appreciate it fellas, very much...

I've always tried to be a pretty humble guy...but after becoming a Dad, I've found it hard to contain my proud papa'ness..
Super K

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Super K wrote:Whelp, seeded 3rd, takes 3rd...onto States we go!....

Mind you, the kid is 195 and wrestling up at 220..1st year ever wrestling too...pretty damn cool...

Well done.

Does he get a title shot?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Very cool Super K.... you're a great dad to make sure you are there
Crocaneers

Postby NYBF » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Best of luck to Junior K!
NYBF

Postby Crocaneers » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Sixth straight week of land clearing yard work.

Great workout!
Crocaneers

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Crocaneers wrote:Sixth straight week of land clearing yard work.

Great workout!

Good for you!

I just cut down a 35 foot oak in my backyard. You are welcome to come cut it up and haul it away for me :)
Zarniwoop

Postby Super K » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:

Great workout!

Good for you!

I just cut down a 35 foot oak in my backyard. You are welcome to come cut it up and haul it away for me :)

I'm bettin you could sell that thing, someone will want the wood...heck, even if it's only for "far-wood"...

Or, yeah, you could wait for Croc to come pick it up..lol

Thanks again everyone for good luck wishes for my son!
Super K

Postby Crocaneers » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:

Great workout!

Good for you!

Nope all my work was manual .. no power equipment .. hand saw, 4 foot cutters, and a pole saw.
Crocaneers

Postby Kress » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:05 am

Crocaneers wrote:no power equipment

I never knew that you were both Canadian and a communist. Learn something new every day...
Kress

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Buc 2 — you’re in Lynchburg right?

I just saw that Liberty is joining Div I in football next year. Do you know if they are any good? Think they will be able to win a game or two?
Zarniwoop

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Buc 2 — you’re in Lynchburg right?

I just saw that Liberty is joining Div I in football next year. Do you know if they are any good? Think they will be able to win a game or two?

They beat Baylor in Waco last year , and gave Va Tech a good run. I think they have the facilities and can build interest.

It's a great location, and the field and facilities are awesome. Our daughter online high school through LUOA and likely will go there in the fall of 2020
Crocaneers

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Fallwell U?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:55 am

I haven't really followed Liberty sports to be honest, so I'm not sure if they'll be any good or not. Looking at their history, they seem to have held their own over the years as an FCS school in the Big South conference, but that doesn't mean squat. They've made major upgrades to their stadium in anticipation of the move to FBS. Right now, the stadium only seats 20,000, but will be expanded to 30,000 by the start of the 2019 season and can be expanded to as much as 60,000 in the future. They just completed an indoor practice facility last year, so they seem to have a serious commitment to the sport.

Some of the big schools they will be playing this season include Virginia, Auburn and Army. All away games of course. I will definitely be keeping an eye on their progress going forward. But not being a part of a FBS conference, however, is a big concern imo. If and until that happens, there will be no P5 of G5 schools willing to play them in Lynchburg. No money in it.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:15 am

Buc2 wrote:

I haven't really followed Liberty sports to be honest, so I'm not sure if they'll be any good or not. Looking at their history, they seem to have held their own over the years as an FCS school in the Big South conference, but that doesn't mean squat. They've made major upgrades to their stadium in anticipation of the move to FBS. Right now, the stadium only seats 20,000, but will be expanded to 30,000 by the start of the 2019 season and can be expanded to as much as 60,000 in the future. They just completed an indoor practice facility last year, so they seem to have a serious commitment to the sport.

Some of the big schools they will be playing this season include Virginia, Auburn and Army. All away games of course. I will definitely be keeping an eye on their progress going forward. But not being a part of a FBS conference, however, is a big concern imo. If and until that happens, there will be no P5 of G5 schools willing to play them in Lynchburg. No money in it.

Thats a good point .. JMU has held a good position in FCS, and keeps in the top 10, and was National Champion last year. FCS is getting a little more visibility, but the schools get enticed into FBS quickly due to money.
Crocaneers

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:53 am

Crocaneers wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I haven't really followed Liberty sports to be honest, so I'm not sure if they'll be any good or not. Looking at their history, they seem to have held their own over the years as an FCS school in the Big South conference, but that doesn't mean squat. They've made major upgrades to their stadium in anticipation of the move to FBS. Right now, the stadium only seats 20,000, but will be expanded to 30,000 by the start of the 2019 season and can be expanded to as much as 60,000 in the future. They just completed an indoor practice facility last year, so they seem to have a serious commitment to the sport.

Thats a good point .. JMU has held a good position in FCS, and keeps in the top 10, and was National Champion last year. FCS is getting a little more visibility, but the schools get enticed into FBS quickly due to money.

I assume they have a plan. Both their AD and head coach come from FBS backgrounds, so hopefully they have a good idea what they're trying to do. They're never going to be a Notre Dame or a BYU and BYU is probably the program they're hoping to one day emulate. I just don't see that happening in today's NCAA. Their best beat to grow their program from here, imo, is to join a conference. Maybe Conference USA or AAC. Something like that.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 am

Cool, thanks for the info Croc and Buc 2

I hope Liberty does well....I love the underdog story
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:55 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Cool, thanks for the info Croc and Buc 2

I hope Liberty does well....I love the underdog story

Another thing here, Zarni, is they are pretty much competing for recruits in a totally different talent pool. Parents send their kids to Liberty because of their conservative religious background. As such, LU gets kids from across the country. One of the things moving to FBS does is create more scholarship slots. This, in theory, should help them to be more competitive on the recruiting front and possibly start to entice more kids (and their parents) to consider LU where they may otherwise have not due to cost.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Good point. Plus Liberty is Baptist right? There aren't as many really big Baptist schools to my understanding as there are say Catholic schools.

I love seeing religious institutions succeed.
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:12 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Good point. Plus Liberty is Baptist right? There aren't as many really big Baptist schools to my understanding as there are say Catholic schools.

I love seeing religious institutions succeed.

Yep. They're Baptist.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:43 pm

I’m having one of those God please grant me serenity moments

Uggghhhhh
Zarniwoop

Postby Hit55 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:10 am

Same here. I had to call into work today because on the way home last night, my Prius finally decided it wanted to show it's age. While stuck in stop and go traffic, all the lights on my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. The master warning, the check engine, VSC, hybrid system warning, etc. I pulled off onto the shoulder as it was decelerating and looked over my manual with the hazard lights on.

About 15 seconds in, my car shuts down. I hop out and jump start the 12V in the trunk, and all the lights but the master warning, check engine and hybrid system warning are now gone. I B-Line it home without a problem. I came out early this morning to check on it, and the hybrid system warning light is no longer showing but the check engine and master warning are. I decide to take it to Toyota and as the guy turns the car on, all the lights are no longer displaying. I'm still allowing for the diagnostic to happen since I would like to know what caused it to begin with. Plus, it's way overdue for its 5,000 mile servicing. I'm hoping it's simply a matter of needing to change the dying 12-volt. Either way, not a fun start to my birthday.

Sorry Zarni. Not to derail you there. What happened?
Hit55

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:22 am

I'm sorry you had those troubles....it was just one of those days for me...nothing horrible...just got worn down
Zarniwoop

Postby Kress » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:34 am

Happy Birthday Hit. Any big plans for the weekend? Shopping for something with a HEMI in it?
Kress

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:05 am

general weekend plans?

Tonight -- work on my daughter's art project with her for a bit, then ????

Saturday -- A.M. - projects around the house, P.M. - going to Supercross event at Dallas Cowboys stadium

Sunday -- weather permitting, go ride
Zarniwoop

Postby Hit55 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Tonight, thought I'd catch Black Panther. Tomorrow AM, the girlfriend and I are doing the Tequila 5K at Whiskey Joes in Tampa. Then later, we're going to catch the Lightning-Devils game (her present to me - I was a Devils fan when living in NY, but I'm fully onboard the Lightning bandwagon since having moved down here). Sunday, I'm taking her on a tour and tastings at Aspirations winery and following later with probably the biggest event of my life: I plan on proposing. I booked a helicopter ride over downtown Tampa Sunday afternoon/evening after the wine tour and plan to pop the question while on it.
Hit55

Postby Hit55 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:26 pm

Also, turns out the issue with my car happened to be what I thought it was. Simple fix: auxiliary battery is failing. I must say I'm impressed. That has actually been the same battery from when the factory rolled the car out. The Prius is a 2008 and it went this long. I'm also giving it a tune up and adding some new tires to it. It should be back on the road today. I love this car!
Hit55

Postby Kress » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:45 pm

Hit55 wrote:Tonight, thought I'd catch Black Panther. Tomorrow AM, the girlfriend and I are doing the Tequila 5K at Whiskey Joes in Tampa. Then later, we're going to catch the Lightning-Devils game (her present to me - I was a Devils fan when living in NY, but I'm fully onboard the Lightning bandwagon since having moved down here). Sunday, I'm taking her on a tour and tastings at Aspirations winery and following later with probably the biggest event of my life: I plan on proposing. I booked a helicopter ride over downtown Tampa Sunday afternoon/evening after the wine tour and plan to pop the question while on it.

Hot damn! Good luck!
Kress

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:31 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:general weekend plans?

Tonight -- work on my daughter's art project with her for a bit, then ????

Saturday -- A.M. - projects around the house, P.M. - going to Supercross event at Dallas Cowboys stadium

Sunday -- weather permitting, go ride

Got off early because I'm finally caught up and had to file for my homestead exemption. Spending the rest of the day chilling on the back porch with the missus.

Planting the vegetable garden tomorrow and doing some much needed pool maintenance.

Sunday will be a little spring cleaning and feeding the yard.

Been cooped up in the office for 60 hours a week since new year's. Time to play outside a while.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:39 pm

Plant me some French runner beans.
Zarniwoop

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic