Cord-cutters

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Cord-cutters

Postby Deuce » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:34 pm

I have also wondered who I'm hurting by pirating certain things.

For instance, I like the show Adam Ruins Everything. If I pirate the show, who's getting hurt the most? Is it Comcast because they didn't sell me a subscription? Is it truTV for losing advertising? Or is it Adam since his show gets cancelled?
Deuce

Postby MRM » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Super K wrote:For the Bucs and/or NFL...download the directTV Sunday ticket app...find a buddy with directTV and the ticket..use his email and password to sign on the app and BAM. ..you've got Sunday ticket...

I pulled this stunt with my Uncle this year, cost me a case of beer and I paid for half of the ticket...

Does that still work?
MRM

Postby Hit55 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:01 pm

MRM wrote:
Super K wrote:For the Bucs and/or NFL...download the directTV Sunday ticket app...find a buddy with directTV and the ticket..use his email and password to sign on the app and BAM. ..you've got Sunday ticket...

I pulled this stunt with my Uncle this year, cost me a case of beer and I paid for half of the ticket...

Does that still work?

It does. At least as of last season. I was using my father's account to use Sunday Ticket on my PS4.
Hit55

Postby Super K » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Hit55 wrote:
MRM wrote:
Does that still work?

It does. At least as of last season. I was using my father's account to use Sunday Ticket on my PS4.

Works this year too..
Super K

Postby MRM » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:41 pm

I may have to find somebody to go in on that del. Tried to get a discounted price and no deals. I'm tired of missing out on my team and stuck with the Titans every week here in Knoxville.
MRM

Postby MJW » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:28 pm

Super K wrote:
Hit55 wrote:It does. At least as of last season. I was using my father's account to use Sunday Ticket on my PS4.

Works this year too..

The thing is, you can only be signed in on one device at a time - at least, that's how mine works. I don't know if that's true of every plan.
MJW

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:56 pm

MJW wrote:
Super K wrote:
Works this year too..

The thing is, you can only be signed in on one device at a time - at least, that's how mine works. I don't know if that's true of every plan.

Mine works the same as well.
PrimeMinister

Postby MRM » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:04 pm

MJW wrote:
Super K wrote:
Works this year too..

Can one person watch it on their regular TV and another person on their device/smart TV app? I may have somebody willing to go in on it with me if that will work. Need to find out first if that does.
MRM

Postby Super K » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:05 pm

MRM wrote:
MJW wrote:

Can one person watch it on their regular TV and another person on their device/smart TV app? I may have somebody willing to go in on it with me if that will work. Need to find out first if that does.

Yep, my uncle watches his Raiders on his TV up in Erie..

I watch my Bucs on the app down here in WV...
Super K

Postby Noles1724 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:10 pm

Tomorrow is the day.. just signed up for YouTube tv and will be canceling with direct tv tomorrow.

Curious how in going to get NFLN as I think the NFL app for Xbox one requires a cable provider login
Noles1724

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:25 pm

Noles1724 wrote:Tomorrow is the day.. just signed up for YouTube tv and will be canceling with direct tv tomorrow.

Curious how in going to get NFLN as I think the NFL app for Xbox one requires a cable provider login

I did free trials of a bunch of them and PSVue was the most reliable/best overall(had the least freezes, lag, kept the most constant picture quality, Direct TV Now had the clearest picture most channels for the price, Sling and Youtube were my least favorite.

Sling is deceptive because you have to get orange + blue to get all of the good channels and it froze all the time. The picture quality was significantly worse than Direct TV now side by side.

Youtube just didn't have enough channels at the time, but I think they have added more since I first tried it out. It didn't have as good of an interface as the rest either.

Just my opinion.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:47 am

Noles1724 wrote:Tomorrow is the day.. just signed up for YouTube tv and will be canceling with direct tv tomorrow.

It does. The NFL app for XB1 is superior than it is for the Fire tv. Not sure why, just an observation.

The NFL app has alot of content and stuff, but to actually watch NFLN programming you'll need a cable log in.
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:32 am

Let us know how that goes. I had Sling, Netflix, and an antenna, but Sling was the most expensive and being watched least. Now, it's Hulu ($8 version), Netflix and antenna.

I usually go to reddit NBA streams for NBA games and watch it on my phone or cast it.
Deuce

Postby Deuce » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:38 am

uscbucsfan wrote:

I did free trials of a bunch of them and PSVue was the most reliable/best overall(had the least freezes, lag, kept the most constant picture quality, Direct TV Now had the clearest picture most channels for the price, Sling and Youtube were my least favorite.

Sling is deceptive because you have to get orange + blue to get all of the good channels and it froze all the time. The picture quality was significantly worse than Direct TV now side by side.

Youtube just didn't have enough channels at the time, but I think they have added more since I first tried it out. It didn't have as good of an interface as the rest either.

Just my opinion.

Sling Blue worked for me, channel-wise. With Orange, you're basically paying for ESPN/2/3 and Disney Channel. The on-demand options are also really, really nice. You can watch almost any show that has aired in the last 3 days or something. I used to watch all the condensed NFL games with it.

But the freezes, poor quality at times, and restarts I had to do were really annoying for something that's $30 a month and has commercials. A lot of times, my shows would stop after the first commercial break, and I'd restart 2-3 times to try them again. Then, I'd give up and just watch something else.
Deuce

Postby Teitan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:39 am

uscbucsfan wrote:

Just my opinion.

I have had sling for awhile now. Never have issues with quality or freezing. Also, I have the package that includes NFLN. My internet is through spectrum, so I can still access watchESPN, FoxSportsGo, and NBCSports app through my “cable provider”
Teitan

Postby deltbucs » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:35 am

uscbucsfan wrote:

Just my opinion.

Agreed on PSVue. I tried youtube TV first for a month or 2 and wasn't too into it. The interface sucked and the fact there isn't (wasn't?) an app for FireTV therefore having to chromecast to watch anything on a TV was a pain in the ass. Vue had the best channel lineup for sports (which is basically the only reason I have any live TV), a decent interface and app, and the 30 day DVR...Although I liked Youtube's DVR better. Once College hoops is over and I don't need the DVR for a bit I might look at the latest channel lineup, reevaluate, and try DirecTV now or even YouTube again if they put out a FireTV app.
deltbucs

Previous

Return to Off Topic