Cord-cutters

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
post

Re: Cord-cutters

Postby Deuce » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:34 pm

I have also wondered who I'm hurting by pirating certain things.

For instance, I like the show Adam Ruins Everything. If I pirate the show, who's getting hurt the most? Is it Comcast because they didn't sell me a subscription? Is it truTV for losing advertising? Or is it Adam since his show gets cancelled?
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Cord-cutters

Postby MRM » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Super K wrote:For the Bucs and/or NFL...download the directTV Sunday ticket app...find a buddy with directTV and the ticket..use his email and password to sign on the app and BAM. ..you've got Sunday ticket...

I pulled this stunt with my Uncle this year, cost me a case of beer and I paid for half of the ticket...


Does that still work?
MRM
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:54 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cord-cutters

Postby Hit55 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:01 pm

MRM wrote:
Super K wrote:For the Bucs and/or NFL...download the directTV Sunday ticket app...find a buddy with directTV and the ticket..use his email and password to sign on the app and BAM. ..you've got Sunday ticket...

I pulled this stunt with my Uncle this year, cost me a case of beer and I paid for half of the ticket...


Does that still work?

It does. At least as of last season. I was using my father's account to use Sunday Ticket on my PS4.
User avatar
Hit55
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Cord-cutters

Postby Super K » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Hit55 wrote:
MRM wrote:
Does that still work?

It does. At least as of last season. I was using my father's account to use Sunday Ticket on my PS4.


Works this year too..
Super K
 
Posts: 5106
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: Cord-cutters

Postby MRM » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:41 pm

I may have to find somebody to go in on that del. Tried to get a discounted price and no deals. I'm tired of missing out on my team and stuck with the Titans every week here in Knoxville.
MRM
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:54 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cord-cutters

Postby MJW » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:28 pm

Super K wrote:
Hit55 wrote:It does. At least as of last season. I was using my father's account to use Sunday Ticket on my PS4.


Works this year too..


The thing is, you can only be signed in on one device at a time - at least, that's how mine works. I don't know if that's true of every plan.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 286 times

Re: Cord-cutters

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:56 pm

MJW wrote:
Super K wrote:
Works this year too..


The thing is, you can only be signed in on one device at a time - at least, that's how mine works. I don't know if that's true of every plan.


Mine works the same as well.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 5967
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 151 times

Re: Cord-cutters

Postby MRM » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:04 pm

MJW wrote:
Super K wrote:
Works this year too..


The thing is, you can only be signed in on one device at a time - at least, that's how mine works. I don't know if that's true of every plan.


Can one person watch it on their regular TV and another person on their device/smart TV app? I may have somebody willing to go in on it with me if that will work. Need to find out first if that does.
MRM
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:54 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cord-cutters

Postby Super K » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:05 pm

MRM wrote:
MJW wrote:
The thing is, you can only be signed in on one device at a time - at least, that's how mine works. I don't know if that's true of every plan.


Can one person watch it on their regular TV and another person on their device/smart TV app? I may have somebody willing to go in on it with me if that will work. Need to find out first if that does.


Yep, my uncle watches his Raiders on his TV up in Erie..

I watch my Bucs on the app down here in WV...
Super K
 
Posts: 5106
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 131 times

Previous

post

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Crocaneers, Heidguy, Miller4Prez64 and 3 guests