409 Forever

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Re: 409 Forever

Postby Jonny » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Image
User avatar
Jonny
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:01 pm
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby Xandtar » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:12 am

BJJ34 wrote:Didn't see some of these comments..

Joe didn't try to "sweep it under the rug"

And when The Paterno family wins their lawsuit and proves that "Freeh' report was a crock of ****.. you'll understand.

And for McQueary.. again.. you walk in on a 8 year old getting his **** sucked by a 60 year old man.. do you run and tell another 70 year old man or do you stop it? Come on people, be real


Forgot this too: Wanna call me a false prophet or a "ravenous wolf" go ahead. I am whatever you say I am. I wake up everyday and thank god I'm alive. I know he's watching over me and giving me the light to continue. If you want to take a book as your end all be all, go ahead. Was told by a wise man, I cannot fix others' karma but merely point them in a direction that allows them to see it themselves.. I look in the mirror at my flaws. Do you?


You forgot to respond to me.

He fired him, oh yeah Sandusky "retired" when the first allegations emerged, and then Papa Joe let him come back into the building, again, and again, and again, in a context that had had him working with little boys in close proximity, right in the building-- including the showers for God's sake.

And Joe let this go on, for years.

It's not about the one kid who he was caught with. It's about Joe letting someone he had fired back into the building to molest at least one and potentially many, many more children, for not one visit, not one week, but year after year.

The Death Penalty PLUS every coach on the program all those years barred from participating in NCAA football for life, should have been the dead minimum punishment.
Xandtar
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby BJJ34 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Xandtar wrote:
BJJ34 wrote:Didn't see some of these comments..

Joe didn't try to "sweep it under the rug"

And when The Paterno family wins their lawsuit and proves that "Freeh' report was a crock of ****.. you'll understand.

And for McQueary.. again.. you walk in on a 8 year old getting his **** sucked by a 60 year old man.. do you run and tell another 70 year old man or do you stop it? Come on people, be real


Forgot this too: Wanna call me a false prophet or a "ravenous wolf" go ahead. I am whatever you say I am. I wake up everyday and thank god I'm alive. I know he's watching over me and giving me the light to continue. If you want to take a book as your end all be all, go ahead. Was told by a wise man, I cannot fix others' karma but merely point them in a direction that allows them to see it themselves.. I look in the mirror at my flaws. Do you?


You forgot to respond to me.

He fired him, oh yeah Sandusky "retired" when the first allegations emerged, and then Papa Joe let him come back into the building, again, and again, and again, in a context that had had him working with little boys in close proximity, right in the building-- including the showers for God's sake.

And Joe let this go on, for years.

It's not about the one kid who he was caught with. It's about Joe letting someone he had fired back into the building to molest at least one and potentially many, many more children, for not one visit, not one week, but year after year.

The Death Penalty PLUS every coach on the program all those years barred from participating in NCAA football for life, should have been the dead minimum punishment.


I cannot speak to what Joe did or did not do. I can admit that I have a soft spot for Joe Paterno as he taught me how to be a man. I believe in the Grand Experiment. I believe in his teachings. I don't believe he even had the possibility of understanding of what this action really was. I might be making excuses for Joe saying that, and you can say I 'idolize' him. No, I don't idolize Joe. I know Joe was a human being just as you and I are. He had his flaws and regrets in life as we all do. I love that man though. And some of my fondest moments in my life came in that hallowed 110,000 seat stadium. If you want to say he's the devil, go ahead. That is your right. As it is mine to defend the man who made me love football. I can't begin to think that Joe understood really what was going on. And if the people you want to see crucified(because be truthful, that's what you want, you want the people to be slain because of their wrong doings on this earth), then look no more at the people who face actual criminal trial in the state of PA. I know Joe had wished he had done more, and if I ever get to speak to him in the afterlife, I'm sure he would say the same thing to me. But inside, it matters not to me or you. Well more to me than to you, because well... I am a Penn Stater. I always have been, and I always will be. It is part of me. So continue to lampoon, but I will not let the Grand Experiment fail.
BJJ34
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:52 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby Xandtar » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:10 pm

I'm not lampooning, I think the whole situation is a tragedy.

One that should have ended in 1999 or so when that coach was shown the door and never allowed on the Penn State campus again, his name stripped from anything not a legal document and left to be a mystery to the general public forevermore on why he retired early.

My opinion doesn't mean anything more than yours, we're just on two opposite ends of a spectrum is all.

The reality is, the school goes on and so does its football program, and the NCAA as an organization was sufficiently weakened by the lack of enforcement that the big conference schools didn't bolt away to form their own organization but they also no longer fear enforcement.

Time will tell whether this is a good thing or bad.
Xandtar
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby BJJ34 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:55 pm

Xandtar wrote:I'm not lampooning, I think the whole situation is a tragedy.

One that should have ended in 1999 or so when that coach was shown the door and never allowed on the Penn State campus again, his name stripped from anything not a legal document and left to be a mystery to the general public forevermore on why he retired early.

My opinion doesn't mean anything more than yours, we're just on two opposite ends of a spectrum is all.

The reality is, the school goes on and so does its football program, and the NCAA as an organization was sufficiently weakened by the lack of enforcement that the big conference schools didn't bolt away to form their own organization but they also no longer fear enforcement.

Time will tell whether this is a good thing or bad.

I think the problem lies within how the NCAA handles their problems, and how no punishments do ever stick. A few of our friends were talking the other day about this actually, and when asked.. Did any of our sanctions stick minus the fine? I guess you could say the first two year, but Hackenberg is the real deal. So we were rewarded with that as well.
BJJ34
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:52 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby eckrueger » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:01 pm

Can I nominate this entire thread for the next IOTW?

Penn State fans bitching about a number in record books after everything that happened there is just sad.
Image
User avatar
eckrueger
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby MJW » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:12 pm

eckrueger wrote:Can I nominate this entire thread for the next IOTW?

Penn State fans bitching about a number in record books after everything that happened there is just sad.


What else do they have besides a legacy of child rape?
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 6236
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 275 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby eckrueger » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:26 pm

MJW wrote:
eckrueger wrote:Can I nominate this entire thread for the next IOTW?

Penn State fans bitching about a number in record books after everything that happened there is just sad.


What else do they have besides a legacy of child rape?


Apparently very little. I don't know any thing about Penn State, but I guess they were crying that 409 meant more than just wins, it meant success with honor and dignity or some crap like that. So oblivious.
Image
User avatar
eckrueger
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:05 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby NYBF » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:50 am

BJJ34 wrote: because of his ability to bring men together.


:?
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby The Outsider » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:35 pm

Dat cognitive dissonance.

Lil' BJ, if Joe Pa hadn't have died he should have been tried as an accessory. He wouldn't have been, because apparently the entirety of Pennsylvania is retarded when it comes to Joe Paterno, but he should have been.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby MJW » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:17 am

The Outsider wrote:Dat cognitive dissonance.

Lil' BJ, if Joe Pa hadn't have died he should have been tried as an accessory. He wouldn't have been, because apparently the entirety of Pennsylvania is retarded when it comes to Joe Paterno, but he should have been.


This.

Frankly, his death robbed everyone else the chance to a) actually find out how much the piece of crap covered up and b) see him sweat those questions, even informally since Outsider is right and he probably never sees the inside of a courtroom.

Penn State fans are LUCKY he died because now you can pretend he was a martyr instead of the wingman for a kiddie rapist.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 6236
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 275 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby terrytate » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:37 pm

Image
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 1672
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby EastBayBucsFan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:17 am

Image

MOLON LABE
User avatar
EastBayBucsFan
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:41 pm
Location: my shangri la beneath the summer moon
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby BigIrv9 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:02 am

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Image
User avatar
BigIrv9
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:42 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Like Father, Like Son...

Sadly this ****ing sicko was probably molested by Papa Jerry and is all fucked in the head to begin with. Still no excuse, lock these people up.

LINK

BELLEFONTE, Pa. (WKRN) — Pennsylvania State Police have arrested Jeffrey Sandusky, the 41-year-old adopted son of former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky, and charged him with sexually assaulting a child.

WTAJ reports that Jeffrey Sandusky was arraigned on charges Monday afternoon in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania.

His mother, Dottie Sandusky, was also at the District Magistrate’s office.

Pennsylvania State Police began an investigation in November 2016 after a child claimed to have received text messages from Jeffrey Sandusky, including some that asked for naked photographs.

According to state police, Jeffrey Sandusky was dating the child’s mother and had lived in the residence for about five years.

The explicit text messages where shared with the child’s father, who then notified police.

According to the criminal complaint, a second child was also abused dating back to 2013.

Monday afternoon bail was set at $200,000.

Sandusky has been prohibited from any contact with minors.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 8726
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 360 times
Been thanked: 361 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby NYBF » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:30 pm

DreadNaught wrote:The explicit text messages were shared with the child’s father, who then notified police.



Better man than me.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby Pewterslimsme » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:27 pm

NYBF wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:The explicit text messages were shared with the child’s father, who then notified police.



Better man than me.


You and me both.
Image
User avatar
Pewterslimsme
 
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 395 times
Been thanked: 534 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby Super K » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:30 pm

Pewterslimsme wrote:
NYBF wrote:
Better man than me.


You and me both.



No doubt...JC himself wouldn't be able to keep me from the guy's throat..
Super K
 
Posts: 4720
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby Kress » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:19 am

DreadNaught wrote:Like Father, Like Son...


LINK

BELLEFONTE, Pa. (WKRN) — Pennsylvania State Police have arrested Jeffrey Sandusky, the 41-year-old adopted son of former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky



Disclaimer for the idiots: This is not a comment on the atrocity of the act, just a comment on the reactionary comment.

Like father, like son? ADOPTED. I'm pretty sure that this is not a learned behavior from his adoptive father. It is a sickness that would have happened anyway. Child molestation is one of the behaviors that they say that you cannot rehabilitate. It's just there...
Image
User avatar
Kress
 
Posts: 2713
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 186 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:42 am

Kress wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Like Father, Like Son...


LINK




Disclaimer for the idiots: This is not a comment on the atrocity of the act, just a comment on the reactionary comment.

Like father, like son? ADOPTED. I'm pretty sure that this is not a learned behavior from his adoptive father. It is a sickness that would have happened anyway. Child molestation is one of the behaviors that they say that you cannot rehabilitate. It's just there...


There is no way to be sure whether a child who is abused or molested and later commits similar acts was not affected by their surroundings/experiences and you cannot state with any sort of certainty that it's a sickness that would have happened anyway. There are statistics for both sides, and while I normally woudl agree that the case against is more compelling, no one can be sure what impact that sort of drama has on the developing brain. It's really a case by case basis of how any sort of drama shapes an individual.

The argument that this behavior was normalized, considering the amount of alleged cases taking place in the Sandusky home, lends logic to the original "Like father, like son" assumption.

Just my opinion.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 2041
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby MJW » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:10 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Kress wrote:

Disclaimer for the idiots: This is not a comment on the atrocity of the act, just a comment on the reactionary comment.

Like father, like son? ADOPTED. I'm pretty sure that this is not a learned behavior from his adoptive father. It is a sickness that would have happened anyway. Child molestation is one of the behaviors that they say that you cannot rehabilitate. It's just there...


There is no way to be sure whether a child who is abused or molested and later commits similar acts was not affected by their surroundings/experiences and you cannot state with any sort of certainty that it's a sickness that would have happened anyway. There are statistics for both sides, and while I normally woudl agree that the case against is more compelling, no one can be sure what impact that sort of drama has on the developing brain. It's really a case by case basis of how any sort of drama shapes an individual.

The argument that this behavior was normalized, considering the amount of alleged cases taking place in the Sandusky home, lends logic to the original "Like father, like son" assumption.

Just my opinion.


I do not present this as analogous (I already regret using that word in this thread), but it's always fascinated me that children of alcoholics are significantly more likely to become alcoholics themselves.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 6236
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 275 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby Kress » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:50 am

I thought that there was evidence of a genetic component to alcoholism, or addictive behavior in general. Thus my comment on the adoption part throwing a monkey wrench in that whole concept here.

It would seem that it should be the opposite. Being ashamed or embarrassed (another bad word choice) might behaviorally lead a kid to go to the other extreme. Like the clergy or something.

****. I'll shut up now.
Image
User avatar
Kress
 
Posts: 2713
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 186 times

Re: 409 Forever

Postby Super K » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:26 am

Give them both the chair..

Whether the sickness/trait/****ing evil is genetic or learned, it stops...and no more kids get hurt by these 2 fucks...
Super K
 
Posts: 4720
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 124 times

Previous

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests