2020 Seminole Football

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: 2020 Seminole Football

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:57 am

Omg. Lol.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NavyBuc » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:11 am

Nano wrote:According to Ian Rapport, Deion Sanders has emerged as a candidate for Florida State.

lol

Knew it was only a time before football went the baseball route and started hiring coaches from the announcer booth. haha
NavyBuc

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:30 am

honestly this can't be anything more than a misplaced joke.
Noles1724

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:30 am

Nano wrote:According to Ian Rapport, Deion Sanders has emerged as a candidate for Florida State.

lol

bucfanclw

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:41 am

I’m not sure what the on-field results would be, but Prime would land the top recruiting class.
Brazen331

Postby Kress » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:49 am

Top recruiting class of 40-year-olds, maybe.

Come on, hiring committee. The ACC needs FSU to be good again. Let's take this seriously, shall we?
Kress

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:51 am

Brazen331 wrote:I’m not sure what the on-field results would be, but Prime would land the top recruiting class.

That's great and recruiting is the lifeblood of a college football program, but I don't think lack of talent has ever been much of an issue for FSU. They are located in the heart of the most talent rich region of the country that allows them to pull kids from Miami up to the Mason Dixon line and as far west as Texas, and because they are a prestigious program they can pull the random 5* from Cali or the Northeast.

FSU needs a HC who is a culture builder AS WELL as a good football coach on Saturday. Willie is a good man and mentor, but a terrible coach.

Winning at FSU takes care of recruiting. They don't need a name like Deion Sanders at HC to get talent.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:59 am

Brazen331 wrote:I’m not sure what the on-field results would be, but Prime would land the top recruiting class.

Of course he would! All the top recruits want to play for a guy with no coaching experience beyond coordinator at a high school. Definitely. Get it done FSU!
bucfanclw

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:17 am

DreadNaught wrote:

That's great and recruiting is the lifeblood of a college football program, but I don't think lack of talent has ever been much of an issue for FSU. They are located in the heart of the most talent rich region of the country that allows them to pull kids from Miami up to the Mason Dixon line and as far west as Texas, and because they are a prestigious program they can pull the random 5* from Cali or the Northeast.

FSU needs a HC who is a culture builder AS WELL as a good football coach on Saturday. Willie is a good man and mentor, but a terrible coach.

Winning at FSU takes care of recruiting. They don't need a name like Deion Sanders at HC to get talent.

I wasn’t being serious. They can’t afford Taggart 2.0. FSU can’t mess this hire up.
Brazen331

Postby Kress » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:23 pm

DreadNaught wrote:That's great and recruiting is the lifeblood of a college football program, but I don't think lack of talent has ever been much of an issue for FSU. They are located in the heart of the most talent rich region of the country that allows them to pull kids from Miami up to the Mason Dixon line and as far west as Texas, and because they are a prestigious program they can pull the random 5* from Cali or the Northeast.

I preemptively replied to your post several weeks ago.

viewtopic.php?p=438653#p438653
Kress

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Kress wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:That's great and recruiting is the lifeblood of a college football program, but I don't think lack of talent has ever been much of an issue for FSU. They are located in the heart of the most talent rich region of the country that allows them to pull kids from Miami up to the Mason Dixon line and as far west as Texas, and because they are a prestigious program they can pull the random 5* from Cali or the Northeast.

I preemptively replied to your post several weeks ago.

viewtopic.php?p=438653#p438653

Any appearance that FSU is void of talent falls on Taggart's coaching staff for their inability to develop talent. Fisher was stacking top 5 recruiting classes every year and hasn't been gone that long.

I'm not saying this is the anything like the 2013 squad they had by any means. But they are just as talented as any team in the ACC other than Clemson.

I don't buy for second FSU doesn't have the talent to beat Boise St, Virginia, Wake Forest, or Miami.

FSU has the athletes. They just look lost b/c their coaching and scheme are dogshit.

You give Dabo, Saban, or Meyer that same exact FSU roster in the beginning of the spring and they are either are probably just a 1-loss team right now, maybe 2 losses at most.

More to the point of that post is that recruiting shouldn't be the #1 trait they should be looking for in the next HC b/c if they win the FSU program recruits itself based on prestige, alumni, and location.
DreadNaught

Postby Kress » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:42 pm

I think I'd rather have a good recruiter as my head coach, and then some kick ass coordinators telling the players what to do once he gets them on the field.

Dabo doesn't call plays on offense. Tony Elliot does that. Dabo can override for a go for it on 4th, or some other junk like that like any other head coach can, but he's not running the offense. Same thing on D - That's all Venables.

Dabo is there for team identity, culture, and recruiting. Get you one of those.

Edit: Of course I agree that a successful FSU will recruit itself to a certain extent in Florida, but this is not the Bowden era of Florida. Kids venture away from home much more freely these days, and Florida itself has tighter competition with UCF and USF running around. Yeah, they're not power 5, but if you're a kid who can get on the field with them and put up some highlight tape for a possible pro career, that's enticing.
Kress

Postby Snake » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:46 pm

Dabo is already Joe Paterno status. It’s amazing. Just hanging out on the sidelines. LOL
Snake

Postby Cheb » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:47 pm

Snake wrote:Dabo is already Joe Paterno status. It’s amazing. Just hanging out on the sidelines. LOL

There are plenty of CEO-type head coaches at all levels.

Good for him, I say.
Cheb

Postby HamBone » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:11 pm

That Travis kid...huh?
HamBone

Postby Noles1724 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:14 pm

To anyone under the "fired too soon, not given a chance" camp..riiiiiiiiiiight
Noles1724

Postby Snake » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:27 pm

They beat BC by 7. What are you talking about
Snake

Postby Noles1724 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:52 pm

We barely beat LA-Monroe.. thanks to a missed extra point.. at home.
Noles1724

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:34 pm

Snake wrote:They beat BC by 7. What are you talking about

I think what he is talking about is that this is not a 5-5 football team. If Mullen or Diaz was coaching this team it would be 8-2, 7-3 at the worst. Taggart absolutely sucked ass and was out coached every single game.

It’s still a badly coached team; Haggins is a figure head; he can’t fix this in a week. But what you saw in the BC game is a disorganized team that can win through splash plays, with superior talent alone. They get a good coach the turn around can be real quick.

Who knew they had a Tommie Frazier impersonator just sitting on the bench, collecting dust. Louisville must be shitting themselves they let that kid get away.
Brazen331

Postby Noles1724 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:46 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Snake wrote:They beat BC by 7. What are you talking about

I think what he is talking about is that this is not a 5-5 football team. If Mullen or Diaz was coaching this team it would be 8-2, 7-3 at the worst. Taggart absolutely sucked ass and was out coached every single game.

It’s still a badly coached team; Haggins is a figure head; he can’t fix this in a week. But what you saw in the BC game is a disorganized team that can win through splash plays, with superior talent alone. They get a good coach the turn around can be real quick.

Who knew they had a Tommie Frazier impersonator just sitting on the bench, collecting dust. Louisville must be shitting themselves they let that kid get away.

Pretty much this. That game just showed how 1.5 years was never about anything other than a HC completely in over his head
Noles1724

Postby Nano » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:09 am

Yup, I have no doubt that if Willie was still there, the Noles likely lose. Likely collapsed at the end...or get punched in the mouth from the start and just curl up.
Nano

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:41 am

HamBone wrote:That Travis kid...huh?

Obviously there was internal disagreement on whether or not to play Jordan Travis and Willie was the one keeping him under wraps. I mean, if there was one position you would think Willie would have the ability to notice a diamond in the rough it would be option QB.
Brazen331

Postby deltbucs » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:19 am

Noles1724 wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

Pretty much this. That game just showed how 1.5 years was never about anything other than a HC completely in over his head

I'd like to also point out that we won this game without arguably our best player, certainly the best player on the defensive side, Marvin Wilson, who undoubtedly would have been a big help trying to stop a team that runs the ball like BC.
deltbucs

Postby Noles1724 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:24 am

I think the only logical question now is.. should we (FSU Fans) start to post in the national championship thread?
Noles1724

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:49 am

I’ll share some info I received from someone claiming to be connected to big-time boosters and has demonstrated possession of insider info in the past. I have no way of knowing how accurate the info is:

Apparently FSU has offered Stoops a 5 year contract at 9 million per with an agreement that Briles will be the OC and Leavitt the DC. They reached out to him after the Clemson game and received positive feedback which led to the Taggart firing after the UM loss.

Any announcement will take a couple weeks to blunt the impression that they were negotiating with Stoops while Taggart was still coaching. Take it for what you will.

Personally, even though I think the man is kind of a douche, I prefer Fleck. He comes off to me as phony, hyperbolic and irritating but there is no doubt in my mind that he is a brilliant leader and master motivator and the kids obviously dig his personality and love playing for him.

He is about as far away from Taggart as you can get. I just get the feeling he will win championships and the gold shoes will become iconic like the Spurrier visor, another douche who also happens to be brilliant.
Brazen331

Postby Kress » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Brazen331 wrote:I’ll share some info I received from someone claiming to be connected to big-time boosters and has demonstrated possession of insider info in the past. I have no way of knowing how accurate the info is:

Apparently FSU has offered Stoops a 5 year contract at 9 million per with an agreement that Briles will be the OC and Leavitt the DC. They reached out to him after the Clemson game and received positive feedback which led to the Taggart firing after the UM loss.

Any announcement will take a couple weeks to blunt the impression that they were negotiating with Stoops while Taggart was still coaching. Take it for what you will.

Personally, even though I think the man is kind of a douche, I prefer Fleck. He comes off to me as phony, hyperbolic and irritating but there is no doubt in my mind that he is a brilliant leader and master motivator and the kids obviously dig his personality and love playing for him.

He is about as far away from Taggart as you can get. I just get the feeling he will win championships and the gold shoes will become iconic like the Spurrier visor, another douche who also happens to be brilliant.

Complete digression, but:
Saban - douche
Spurrier - douche
Meyer - douche
Belicheck - douche
Arians - not a douche :cry:
Kress

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:51 pm

Spurrier is national treasure and gift to the sport of college football.

LEGEND!

Won a damn Heisman Trophy as the QB and Kicker!! Returns to his alma mater as a HC and brings the program to national prestige never before reached.

As a bonus he provided arguably the greatest one-liners in the media of any HC ever.

He may have rubbed opposing fans the wrong way during his coaching days, but in hindsight how can you not appreciate that man.
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:15 pm

Kress wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:I’ll share some info I received from someone claiming to be connected to big-time boosters and has demonstrated possession of insider info in the past. I have no way of knowing how accurate the info is:

Saban - douche
Spurrier - douche
Meyer - douche
Belicheck - douche

Dungy- not a douche
Gruden- not a douche
Schiano- douche
Koetter- douche
Deuce

Postby Snake » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Deuce wrote:
Kress wrote:

Saban - douche
Spurrier - douche
Meyer - douche
Belicheck - douche

Dungy- not a douche
Gruden- not a douche
Schiano- douche
Koetter- douche

If Dungy guilting his son into suicide doesn’t make him a douche...idk man.

And I thought Gruden was known for being a two-faced douche in Tampa.
Snake

Postby Noles1724 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:25 pm

Snake wrote:
Deuce wrote:
Dungy- not a douche
Gruden- not a douche
Schiano- douche
Koetter- douche

If Dungy guilting his son into suicide doesn’t make him a douche...idk man.

And I thought Gruden was known for being a two-faced douche in Tampa.

wow.. really going there uh?
Noles1724

PreviousNext

Return to College Football/Draft Talk