With the first pick of the 2020 draft, the buccaneers select

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: With the first pick of the 2020 draft, the buccaneers se

Postby MJW » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:43 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Deuce wrote:
Let's give it more than one game against an equally bad Falcons team (3-7 coming in, 3-8 now) before proclaiming that we're "pretty close." I get on this train every year and I'm resisting this year but I suspect most fans/posters will jump right back on board.

It really just boils down to whether these CBs can cover or not. And while the Falcons have their issues, Jones and Ridley are a heck of a duo at WR, and our CBs gave them fits. I’m not ready to pronounce the D as legit yet, but there are positive signs, and we should know by end of year.

They played a really good game.

Also, the Falcons OL is trash that couldn't protect Ryan (even a little) and Julio wasn't healthy.

Also, they were down to their 3rd and 4th string running backs.

Also, they looked like a team that was about done with their season and their coach.

So let's enjoy a win and maybe take a breath.
MJW

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:52 pm

MJW wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:It really just boils down to whether these CBs can cover or not. And while the Falcons have their issues, Jones and Ridley are a heck of a duo at WR, and our CBs gave them fits. I’m not ready to pronounce the D as legit yet, but there are positive signs, and we should know by end of year.

Also, the Falcons OL is trash that couldn't protect Ryan (even a little) and Julio wasn't healthy.

Also, they looked like a team that was about done with their season and their coach.

Falcons were coming off a couple of huge division wins and were at home. They were supposed to have everything on the line. Everyone had the Falcons winning. It was a great win, records be damned.
real bucs fan

Postby Natural Selection » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:01 pm

MJW wrote:
Natural Selection wrote:This Wirfs thing might have you on tilt, but are you sure that’s how you want to represent yourself? Didn’t want to quote it in case you just want to take that down. Yet another example of how toxic this place is. You’re one of the better posters here.

You’re wrong. As I’ve said repeatedly. Openly asking for admin/moderator to verify multiple times now. Do I have anything to contribute? My football opinions have been met with little but trolling since I first started posting.

I watched the bowl game you put up. He got beasted by Simmons the couple times they lined up. Sweat beat him most of the time (dozen + snaps together) and smoked him cleanly when Wirfs didn’t have some TE help. Wirfs has a couple other embarrassing snaps against other defenders as well. A head fake literally brought him to his knees, didn’t even touch the blitzer, allowing the lb a free shot on his QB. He drifted while blocking no one and let a delayed blitz come through his gap clean on another. How did you feel he looked like a different player there?

Cool story, Bootz.

If this place is so toxic, put on your little smock and sweep some hair. We survived without you quite happily for some time. We can do it again, Bootz.

Right back to trolling. After asking me (ironically?) if I had anything to contribute. You blow off the paragraph of football analysis without response and go right back to trolling. Going from racial comments to socioeconomic put downs? How does it make you feel that you can’t intelligently address/answer the football opinions and analysis of someone who’s opinions you have no respect for? Honestly, if you think I’m Boots how does that taste? So tell me, what about the bowl game against Miss St made Wirfs made you say he looks like a totally different player from his 2019 games? Nothing? Back to trolling?

I have received a lot of good non football related advice from a significant portion of the membership though. I’m not welcome here. My opinions aren’t welcome here. Fall in line and troll people or gtfo. Reading the room loud and clear.
Natural Selection

Postby Teitan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:09 pm

You could ignore the “trolling”. You could literally never see a post by MJW. Yet, you address it every. single. time.
Teitan

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:15 pm

MJW wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:It really just boils down to whether these CBs can cover or not. And while the Falcons have their issues, Jones and Ridley are a heck of a duo at WR, and our CBs gave them fits. I’m not ready to pronounce the D as legit yet, but there are positive signs, and we should know by end of year.

They were definitely short handed at RB with Freeman and Ito Smith out.

But this same Falcons Oline had just held both the Saints and Panthers Dlines in check the past 2 weeks. This Falcons team also was playing their best ball of the season (fwiw) heading into this game.

I don't know why you feel the need invent reasons to **** on the Bucs. There is plenty of source material to work with so there is no reason to fabricate narratives.

Nobody was saying the Falcons were world-beaters. But they were coming off b2b road wins vs teams with winning records with a coach trying to keep his job.

The story of the game was the Bucs defense, specifically the secondary who has been terrible this season. Matt Ryan along with Julio and Ridley is about as good as it gets in terms of a QB-WR-WR trio in the NFL and the Bucs young pups at CB stood strong yesterday. It's ok to be encouraged by that.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:16 pm

Teitan wrote:You could ignore the “trolling”. You could literally never see a post by MJW. Yet, you address it every. single. time.

He could also just settle up, say, "Yes, obviously I'm Bootz. Duh. I missed Buczone and I regret my hasty decision to leave." And that would be that.

But that would be the action of, you know, a man.
MJW

Postby Natural Selection » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:22 pm

MJW wrote:
Teitan wrote:You could ignore the “trolling”. You could literally never see a post by MJW. Yet, you address it every. single. time.

He could also just settle up, say, "Yes, obviously I'm Bootz. Duh. I missed Buczone and I regret my hasty decision to leave." And that would be that.

But that would be the action of, you know, a man.

I once again openly invite admin to run IP traces and post the results. I’ve seen it done here before. I’ve openly welcomed that in spite of it seeming grossly excessive and invasive. Go for it admin, please expose me as a multi of someone else.

Once again, nothing about Wirfs or football. Must suck to have “boots” dragging your football analysis over the gravel like this, but you took it here. Show us what you know. Why did you say Wirfs looks like a totally different player in the Miss St game?
Natural Selection

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:53 pm

So you post in the draft forum with a VPN?
uscbucsfan

Postby Natural Selection » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:14 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:So you post in the draft forum with a VPN?

Not IT, but pretty sure that would show up. I’m not on any VPN, so I assume admin would see true and consistent local IP for my account. Whatever the **** that matters.

Yet another seemingly decent poster caught up in this dumb ass snipe hunt.
Natural Selection

Postby MJW » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:28 pm

Natural Selection wrote:Yet another seemingly decent poster caught up in this dumb ass snipe hunt.

Don't worry, nobody buys for a second that you're an ACTUAL decent poster, Bootz.
MJW

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:03 pm

Is Derrick Brown the top DL in this draft?
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:08 pm

And how good is Marvin Wilson?
mdb1958

Postby Natural Selection » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:17 pm

MJW wrote:
Natural Selection wrote:Yet another seemingly decent poster caught up in this dumb ass snipe hunt.

Don't worry, nobody buys for a second that you're an ACTUAL decent poster, Bootz.

Now, nobody buys for a second you can watch a game cut up and develop meaningful opinions for yourself about a prospect. So go do your reading. See what other people think about these players and parrot back what sounds good. Kind of like your friend boots over on P.R., but you’re probably smart enough to plagiarize without being so obvious about it. If you could make a meaningful statement about Wirfs, everyone knows you would have by now. That must really suck when you’re trying to sound smart on a football message board.
Natural Selection

Postby Natural Selection » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:18 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Is Derrick Brown the top DL in this draft?

Top interior, Chase Young is a monster off the edge though. When that kid turns his motor on look out.
Natural Selection

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:00 pm

Natural Selection wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Is Derrick Brown the top DL in this draft?

Top interior, Chase Young is a monster off the edge though. When that kid turns his motor on look out.

Yeah, that's probably how it is.
I move on from picks that wont be available pretty quickly and Young wont be around.
Last edited by mdb1958 on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdb1958

Postby Natural Selection » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:07 pm

Then you should probably scratch Brown also. Though that dude is way too much fun to pass on scouting. He should be love at first sight for you.
Natural Selection

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:15 pm

Bi-posting is against board rule Bootsie.
The Outsider

Postby Natural Selection » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:29 pm

You should definitely report it so maybe you can talk about football.
Natural Selection

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Send a report to myself?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Outsider

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:40 pm

Do as I say not as I do!
mdb1958

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:44 pm

I'd rather do neither what you say or do, to be perfectly honest.
The Outsider

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:47 pm

So --- 2020 draft.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:00 pm

K'Lavon Chaisson?

Can this guy grow into a top player?
mdb1958

Postby Alpha » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:24 am

QFT.

This kid needs to stop being all ass-hurt and put MJ on ignore, if he's that goddam sensitive.

These ****ing kids...
Alpha

Postby Natural Selection » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:53 am

Alpha wrote:

QFT.

This kid needs to stop being all ass-hurt and put MJ on ignore, if he's that goddam sensitive.

These ****ing kids...

It would be at least half the posters by this point. I left it unaddressed for about 50 posts and that was clearly a mistake. It seems to have only cemented in the false accusations. It’s beyond annoying for obvious reasons. It’d be like someone accusing me of being your multi. It’s insulting to be associated with someone who doesn’t know anything about football. People like you come here to troll and dump your emotions on the forum. I don’t ever remember a single insightful or thought provoking football opinion you’ve shared. Still, I don’t attack you for coming off like a late 90s edgelord around here. I try to live and let live unless it concerns me directly.

It sucks because I know it’s false and I’ve asked admin to get involved. I’ve seen them out a boots multi account. I don’t understand why they don’t want to do that again. It also sucks because Buc fans I’d like to talk football with seem to honestly believe my posts are from boots. I’ve never seen boots break down prospects. Never see him pick players on this draft forum. It seems like some of you are giving boots way more credit than I ever would. Dude is pretty worthless when it comes to football. I never saw the need to maliciously run him down just because others were trolling me about him, but it’s crazy to me how deeply he’s embedded himself in some people’s heads. So it’s really hard to get back to talking football with people who honestly believe the posts from this account might have been coming from boots.
Natural Selection

Postby Selmon Rules » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:41 pm

Natural Selection wrote:
Alpha wrote:

QFT.

These ****ing kids...

It would be at least half the posters by this point. I left it unaddressed for about 50 posts and that was clearly a mistake. It seems to have only cemented in the false accusations. It’s beyond annoying for obvious reasons. It’d be like someone accusing me of being your multi. It’s insulting to be associated with someone who doesn’t know anything about football. People like you come here to troll and dump your emotions on the forum. I don’t ever remember a single insightful or thought provoking football opinion you’ve shared. Still, I don’t attack you for coming off like a late 90s edgelord around here. I try to live and let live unless it concerns me directly.

It sucks because I know it’s false and I’ve asked admin to get involved. I’ve seen them out a boots multi account. I don’t understand why they don’t want to do that again. It also sucks because Buc fans I’d like to talk football with seem to honestly believe my posts are from boots. I’ve never seen boots break down prospects. Never see him pick players on this draft forum. It seems like some of you are giving boots way more credit than I ever would. Dude is pretty worthless when it comes to football. I never saw the need to maliciously run him down just because others were trolling me about him, but it’s crazy to me how deeply he’s embedded himself in some people’s heads. So it’s really hard to get back to talking football with people who honestly believe the posts from this account might have been coming from boots.

I think you may be overestimating the 50% of the board number but the ones who keep doing it do post a lot so I'm sure it seems that way.... Honestly, I don't care if you are bootz, he was disliked because he was an ***hole and posted as such, you don't seem to be an ***hole and don't post like one so I really don't care...

I would just ignore them though, commenting back and arguing will not make it any better and seems to just escalate the stupid... Don't know if it will eventually go away but arguing hasn't seemed to do any good.
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:51 pm

Phantom Phenom

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:10 pm

Yeah, just imagine how many fifteen yarders the NFL will give us so that hip will last a little longer.
mdb1958

Postby BacksidePursuit » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:38 am

I don’t mind winning some games at this point. We’re out of elite prospect range either way.

But I don’t want to win enough games to keep Jameis around...
BacksidePursuit

Postby Selmon Rules » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:58 pm

BacksidePursuit wrote:I don’t mind winning some games at this point. We’re out of elite prospect range either way.

But I don’t want to win enough games to keep Jameis around...

I want us to win for no other reason than it would/could mean the younger players in the secondary have figured it out. The biggest reason for the record we have now is the secondary has been atrocious with "you know who" being the second biggest reason.

I could live with some turnovers if we have a defense that was functional against the pass. Not like I'm gonna have a choice cause we all know it's gonna be at least one more year of him....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

PreviousNext

Return to College Football/Draft Talk