2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:as they do with so many teams in the 1st half, Army is hanging with Oklahoma 21 - 14 at halftime

I expect that opens up to at least 21 in the second half



Or maybe not 21-21
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6393
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Crocaneers » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Oklahoma is in OT
La Tech is trailing LSU by 3
Image
User avatar
Crocaneers
 
Posts: 2752
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 am
Location: Gatorland (at least on the weekends )
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Oklahoma and Army go to OT


You got to pull for the service academies in these situations
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6393
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Super K » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Oklahoma and Army go to OT


You got to pull for the service academies in these situations


Hell yes!!
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7504
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 221 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Native Son » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:44 pm

Super K wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Oklahoma and Army go to OT


You got to pull for the service academies in these situations


Hell yes!!


Damn straight.
User avatar
Native Son
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:22 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Super K wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:interested to see how this Oregon / Stanford game plays out


Yeah, and I wanna get a good look at Oregon's QB...

While MB is a Stidham fan, I like this Herbert kid...

More of a Will Grier fan, but I do like Stidham.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13733
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 642 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Selmon Rules » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:37 am

Assuming nobody was watching the Kentucky/Miss St game??

Liked UK running back Benny Snell and that kid they had lined up at RDE....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
User avatar
Selmon Rules
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:27 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:11 am

Selmon Rules wrote:Assuming nobody was watching the Kentucky/Miss St game??

Liked UK running back Benny Snell and that kid they had lined up at RDE....

Kentucky looks a lot better than people were giving them credit for. Maybe UF losing to them wasn't as indicative of the Gators as it was the team they've built up there.
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 3833
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:27 pm

we don't really have a catch all thread so I'll just post this year....the school up the road from me, University of North Texas, is doing a throwback to their team 50 years ago.

The made an awesome new commercial to help sell tickets featuring the most famous alum - Mean Joe Green the Steelers DT. It's a spoof of his old Coca Cola commercial...I can't embed it but here is the link to ESPN that has its

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... sey-1-game


They are going to unretire his # for one game.



I had the privilege of meeting Joe Green -- he is such an awesome, inspiring guy.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6393
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Cool deal

:D :D
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
User avatar
Selmon Rules
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:27 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:08 am

Penn State vs Ohio State
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 4704
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby NavyBuc » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:30 pm

Clemson in some trouble right now.

I feel like this could be a year where if you lose a game, you're out. I don't see Bama losing. I think Ohio State could run the table if they win tonight. If Notre Dame wins tonight, they have a good shot at running the table. Oklahoma could run the table with their schedule. And I also feel Georgia gets in if they run the table but lose one game to Bama. So a Clemson loss could be a major blow.
NavyBuc
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:07 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby deltbucs » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:30 pm

NavyBuc wrote:Clemson in some trouble right now.

I feel like this could be a year where if you lose a game, you're out. I don't see Bama losing. I think Ohio State could run the table if they win tonight. If Notre Dame wins tonight, they have a good shot at running the table. Oklahoma could run the table with their schedule. And I also feel Georgia gets in if they run the table but lose one game to Bama. So a Clemson loss could be a major blow.

If Clemson loses this, that Syrancuse/ND game could be yuge!
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 5133
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 303 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:33 pm

Surprised Clemson is in a dogfight, but didn’t they lose to Syracuse recently? Somebody in the Syracuse program must be reading Dabo’s mind.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3410
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:15 pm

Clemson avoid the upset
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 4704
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby deltbucs » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:27 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Surprised Clemson is in a dogfight, but didn’t they lose to Syracuse recently? Somebody in the Syracuse program must be reading Dabo’s mind.

Pretty sure Clemson lost to them last season.
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 5133
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 303 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby NavyBuc » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:28 pm

Looking at Clemson's schedule, they may go the season without playing a ranked team. The road game at BC probably their toughest game.
NavyBuc
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:07 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Phantom Phenom » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:33 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Surprised Clemson is in a dogfight, but didn’t they lose to Syracuse recently? Somebody in the Syracuse program must be reading Dabo’s mind.

Pretty sure Clemson lost to them last season.



Yup 24-27
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 4704
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby doooshnzl » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:04 pm

Not worth a thread of it’s own, so I’ll just drop this off here.

Bobby Petrino is the stupidest head coach, at any level to have ever run a football team. Should be fired tonight.
User avatar
doooshnzl
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:51 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby NavyBuc » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:04 pm

doooshnzl wrote:Not worth a thread of it’s own, so I’ll just drop this off here.

Bobby Petrino is the stupidest head coach, at any level to have ever run a football team. Should be fired tonight.


Agree. I don't know wtf that was at the end. As if they had money on the game and realized they were about to win and wanted to intentionally lose.
NavyBuc
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:07 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby MJW » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:09 am

General Talk:

We all agree Jimbo can't grab a facemask like that, right? Not in 2018?
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8818
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 385 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Super K » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:20 am

NavyBuc wrote:
doooshnzl wrote:Not worth a thread of it’s own, so I’ll just drop this off here.

Bobby Petrino is the stupidest head coach, at any level to have ever run a football team. Should be fired tonight.


Agree. I don't know wtf that was at the end. As if they had money on the game and realized they were about to win and wanted to intentionally lose.


I was good with it...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7504
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 221 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:19 pm

NOLES/canes this weekend...

**** Miami...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7504
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 221 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Super K wrote:NOLES/canes this weekend...

**** Miami...

Y'all are gonna get crushed.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13733
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 642 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:54 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Super K wrote:NOLES/canes this weekend...

**** Miami...

Y'all are gonna get crushed.


Yeah







So









**** Miami!!...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7504
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 221 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby PanteraCanes » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Hey Super K. How you doing there?
User avatar
PanteraCanes
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:48 pm
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Super K » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:23 pm

PanteraCanes wrote:Hey Super K. How you doing there?

Better now than I will he Saturday...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7504
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 221 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Nano » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:38 pm

This was probably a bad year to start following the Noles :flying:
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 7646
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 258 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:55 am

Nano wrote:This was probably a bad year to start following the Noles :flying:


truth

Anyone beating FSU will not be an upset
Image
User avatar
Crocaneers
 
Posts: 2752
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 am
Location: Gatorland (at least on the weekends )
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: 2018 NCAA Football Upset Alert

Postby NavyBuc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Only second quarter, but Oklahoma's defense is getting shredded by Texas. They look gassed already and there's still over a half to go. Texas up 24-10 but it feels like more.
NavyBuc
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:07 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests