College Preseason Top 25

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: College Preseason Top 25

Postby BucaRican » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:52 pm

BucaRican

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:05 pm

Who crashes the party this year?

Wisconsin?
West Virginia?
Stanford?
Miami?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Kress » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:24 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Who crashes the party this year?

Wisconsin?
West Virginia?
Stanford?
Miami?

I don't see it for any of those four, and especially not Stanford because my party crasher this year is........ (drum roll)...... Notre Dame. Maybe coming in as a 15 they don't quite deserve the title of party crasher, but they always appear that way to me due to the whole independent thing. If they get in, they bump a power 5 out, so that's an unwelcome houseguest.

They're returning a strong team, have a legitimate schedule that, while tough enough, still lines up nice for them with their hard yet winnable ones - Michigan to open, Stanford mid-season, and FSU late - all being played at home. Their only tough road game is their rivalry match with USC to end the season, but they may very well roll into that one either undefeated or with one pesky loss. Win it while undefeated, and of course they're in. Win it with 1 prior loss, especially if that loss was early on, and they're still right in the thick of the playoff conversation.

Kress

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:03 am

Nice.

But McGlinchey and Nelson are being replaced by a couple of sophomores and they have a ? at RB as well so I wouldn't expect them to have a top 10 rushing attack again this year. But the schedule is favorable and they are returning 7 starters on defense.

I have my eye on Miami who almost wrecked the party last year before choking @ Pitt. That team has a ton of swag that we haven't seen in a long time down there and I think they are ready to bust some heads. Very favorable schedule compared to last season with a Pitt rematch to cap it off which I would take Miami and the points on right now. We could have a battle of unbeatens in the ACC title game provided Clemson doesn't choke during rivalry week.

Mountaineer Buc

Postby Kress » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:27 am

Kress wrote:1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Georgia
4. Ohio State
5. Washington
6. Wisconsin
7. Oklahoma
8. Miami
9. Michigan
10. Michigan State
Kress

Postby PanteraCanes » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:36 am

Pretty much will come down to QB play. While everyone wants the QB replaced he did well enough until the end of the season. Seems there was a little bit of overconfidence and possibly injury at the end.

We lost a few players to the draft but as long as everyone can come back and stay healthy it will be a better team.
PanteraCanes

Previous

Return to College Football/Draft Talk