Deuce's 2018 Full First Round Mock

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Deuce's 2018 Full First Round Mock

Postby Deuce » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:47 am

1. Cleveland Browns- Sam Darnold, QB
2. New York Giants- Saquon Barkley, RB- The Giants think Eli has a few more good years and they still have Beckham. They're hoping the best prospect in the draft can boost their offense enough for another post-season run.
3. New York Jets- Josh Rosen, QB
4. Buffalo Bills- Josh Allen, QB *Pick acquired via trade with Cleveland
5. Denver Broncos- Bradley Chubb, DE
6. Indianapolis Colts- Quenton Nelson, G
7. New England Patriots- Baker Mayfield, QB *Pick acquired via trade with Tampa Bay
New England tries to get the 4th pick from Cleveland but is outbid by Buffalo. With Chubb, Barkley and Nelson gone, the Bucs look for a trade back partner and find New England, who covets Mayfield as their QBOTF anyway. The Bucs like this trade because they are ready to win now and save some jobs, and two first rounders will help with that.
8. Chicago Bears- Roquan Smith, LB
9. San Francisco 49ers- Denzel Ward, CB
10. Oakland Raiders- Derwin James, S
11. Miami Dolphins- Vita Vea, DT
12. Cleveland Browns- Minkah Fitzpatrick, S *Pick acquired via trade with Buffalo
13. Washington Redskins- Courtland Sutton, WR - The Redskins are changing their offense with Alex Smith. A big, possession-type receiver will help him settle in.
14. Green Bay Packers- Tremaine Edmunds, LB
15. Arizona Cardinals- Mike McGlinchey, OT
16. Baltimore Ravens- Calvin Ridley, WR - The team has been lacking at receiver for years. They finally get "their guy".
17. San Diego Chargers- Da'Ron Payne, DT
18. Seattle Seahawks- Marcus Davenport, DE
19. Dallas Cowboys- Leighton Vander Esch, LB
20. Detroit Lions- Derrius Guice, RB
21. Cincinnati Bengals- Connor Williams, OT
22. Cleveland Browns- Josh Jackson, CB *Pick acquired via trade with Buffalo
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Will Hernandez, G *Pick acquired via trade with New England
The Bucs are happy to trade down and land the second best G in the draft.
24. Carolina Panthers- Arden Key, DE
25. Tennessee Titans- Isaiah Wynn, G
26. Atlanta Falcons- Maurice Hurst, DT
27. New Orleans Saints- Dallas Goedert, TE
28. Pittsburgh Steelers- Lamar Jackson, QB - They don't come into the draft expecting a QB but they're surprised when Jackson falls. Big Ben has hinted at retirement and they don't have a ton of holes so they make the leap.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars- Orlando Brown, OT
30. Minnesota Vikings- Harold Landry, DE
31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jaire Alexander, CB *Pick acquired via trade with New England
The Bucs end up with an amazing first round with the trade. Instead of one top-tier G or CB, they're able to land a second-tier player at each position.
32. Philadelphia Eagles- Justin Reid, S

I put together my first mock about two weeks ago. It was simple. No trades. No big surprises. I was ready to print it today and thought, "this is really boring." So two trades (six picks total) and a little over an hour later, here we are. I tried to explain the Bucs picks and the more controversial selections, although all picks have a reason behind them, some just being BPA.

Let's open it up for questions.
Deuce

Re: Deuce's 2018 Full First Round Mock

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:52 am

Absolutely disappointing. Terrible.
Bootz2004

Postby Doctor » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:53 am

Just their two firsts?? That's not enough.

With that said, while I'd hate to pass on Fitz, Will Hernandez and Alexander would be a heck of a night for us. I prefer Isaiah Oliver over Alexander, who is far too similar to VH3 imo. Great mock overall though, lots of interesting and thought out moves.
Doctor

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:54 am

I'd like to see you continue up to pick 38
real bucs fan

Postby Deuce » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:23 am

Doctor wrote:Just their two firsts?? That's not enough.

With that said, while I'd hate to pass on Fitz, Will Hernandez and Alexander would be a heck of a night for us. I prefer Isaiah Oliver over Alexander, who is far too similar to VH3 imo. Great mock overall though, lots of interesting and thought out moves.

This is a first round mock, so other picks involved are not discussed. Because frankly, I don't understand all of that. I posted a trade in another thread using the trade value chart and everyone acted like we traded Gerald McCoy for a bag of Dorito's. Not saying they're wrong, necessarily, either.
Deuce

Postby acmillis » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:28 am

I'd take this in a heartbeat. Really love Hernandez and whoever our front office deems to be a 1st round CB works for me.

As long as we do not go RB or S in round one, I'll trust what our pick is but I really love the idea of trading down if Chubb and Nelson are both gone at 7.
acmillis

Postby Naismith » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:33 am

I like Wynn better than Hernandez but would be ecstatic with either. With that second pick and that board, I'd probably take Taven Bryan.
Naismith

Postby Doctor » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:34 am

Deuce wrote:
Doctor wrote:Just their two firsts?? That's not enough.

This is a first round mock, so other picks involved are not discussed. Because frankly, I don't understand all of that. I posted a trade in another thread using the trade value chart and everyone acted like we traded Gerald McCoy for a bag of Dorito's. Not saying they're wrong, necessarily, either.

The trade value chart is a guide and not even a good one at that. Usually the team trading up is giving up more value, that applies three fold if it's for a QB. Even the Bills, who have higher draft picks than the Pats, will likely need to include a second or two to move up into the top 7 to get a QB.
Doctor

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:47 am

Actually, this could possibly happen if the big 3 are gone, not bad because we need/want a LG . Marpet is not playing LG , thats a smoke screen.
Jason Bourne

Postby Cheb » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Add in a New England 2nd rounder to sweeten the pot and I'd be down to get down.
Cheb

Return to College Football/Draft Talk