Rank these DBs in order of preference at 7

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Rank these DBs in order of preference at 7

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:19 pm

They are saying he is a nickle back.
mdb1958

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Jason Bourne

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Look at this graph

Mountaineer Buc

Postby terrytate » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:28 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Look at this graph

If I had a choice better clicking on that or being shot in the face, I'd take the bullet.
terrytate

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:47 am

terrytate wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Look at this graph

If I had a choice better clicking on that or being shot in the face, I'd take the bullet.

It's 9 seconds long.

Live a little.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Doctor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:48 pm

Fitz would walk into OBP and instantly be our best DB, CB, S, whatever. You guys are insane. And "being scared of bama defenders" is just stupid. The guy walked into Bama, the most loaded team in college and started as a freshmen.

Fitz

Ward
James
Doctor

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:13 pm

I think Cle may go for Fitzpatrick . Peppers played out of position last year. I think they'd like to get the most out of last years 1st rounder and this year and Fitzpatrick does that. I know everyone has them QB/RB I just think this is a spot that starts the Barkley slide.
LavonteDavid54

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Ward
James
Fitz

Ward gets the edge b/c he's a true cover CB and in the NFL that is more valuable than any safety. Ward has a slight frame, but he is an elite athlete for a CB. I'm not worried about his length. His physicality is a concern, but he plays hard on tape.

I'd put Fitz at CB, but maybe he won't be and thus not as valuable. Both he James are nice chess pieces on defense. James will impact a game and locker room more I think so he'd get a slight edge over Fitz since the Bucs need an alpha leader in the secondary. James and Evans would be a fun safety pairing.
DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:52 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Ward
James
Fitz

Ward gets the edge b/c he's a true cover CB and in the NFL that is more valuable than any safety. Ward has a slight frame, but he is an elite athlete for a CB. I'm not worried about his length. His physicality is a concern, but he plays hard on tape.

I'd put Fitz at CB, but maybe he won't be and thus not as valuable. Both he James are nice chess pieces on defense. James will impact a game and locker room more I think so he'd get a slight edge over Fitz since the Bucs need an alpha leader in the secondary. James and Evans would be a fun safety pairing.

Ya that's where I'm at as well.
real bucs fan

Postby MJW » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:00 pm

LavonteDavid54 wrote:I think Cle may go for Fitzpatrick . Peppers played out of position last year. I think they'd like to get the most out of last years 1st rounder and this year and Fitzpatrick does that. I know everyone has them QB/RB I just think this is a spot that starts the Barkley slide.

I think it's interesting that so few are pegging Cleveland for a defensive player at #4. I know they've made some good additions on that side of the ball the last few years, but they're still not a great defense.
MJW

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:23 pm

MJW wrote:
LavonteDavid54 wrote:I think Cle may go for Fitzpatrick . Peppers played out of position last year. I think they'd like to get the most out of last years 1st rounder and this year and Fitzpatrick does that. I know everyone has them QB/RB I just think this is a spot that starts the Barkley slide.

I think it's interesting that so few are pegging Cleveland for a defensive player at #4. I know they've made some good additions on that side of the ball the last few years, but they're still not a great defense.

If I had to put money on it, I think they take Ward at 4. You know he's going to be there, fills their biggest need. He's worth the pick if you think he's a #1 CB and I think most people would.
real bucs fan

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:24 pm

MJW wrote:

Browns got Damarius Randall from the Packers who according to him is moving back to FS after playing CB in Green Bay. So I'd be surprised if they picked Fitz over guys like Ward, Chubb, or Barkley.

I think the Browns take Barkley at 4th or 5th overall. Gives Tyrod and eventually Darnold a bell cow RB which makes life easier for a QB.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:35 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
MJW wrote:

Browns got Damarius Randall from the Packers who according to him is moving back to FS after playing CB in Green Bay. So I'd be surprised if they picked Fitz over guys like Ward, Chubb, or Barkley.

I think the Browns take Barkley at 4th or 5th overall. Gives Tyrod and eventually Darnold a bell cow RB which makes life easier for a QB.

I think Chubb and Ward are both in play. But the easy calculus does lead to Barkley. You never know, though. They might love Hyde. Or another prospect.

If you're Cleveland, and you can get your QB, then Chubb, that would have to feel good. Especially when they can probably find another back and some DBs with all their 2nds.

Another possibility - Roquan Smith. It would feel like a bit of a reach, but if they have him graded with Keuchly or Willis, etc, they might pull the trigger. When I watched them last year the lack of a real sideline to sideline linebacker was a big issues.
MJW

Postby terrytate » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:57 am

MJW wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I think Chubb and Ward are both in play. But the easy calculus does lead to Barkley. You never know, though. They might love Hyde. Or another prospect.

If you're Cleveland, and you can get your QB, then Chubb, that would have to feel good. Especially when they can probably find another back and some DBs with all their 2nds.

Another possibility - Roquan Smith. It would feel like a bit of a reach, but if they have him graded with Keuchly or Willis, etc, they might pull the trigger. When I watched them last year the lack of a real sideline to sideline linebacker was a big issues.

In the light of FA and trades, I think they get that QB at 1 and then aggressively shop 4. If they can get the Bills to bite, they can have their QB and still add a lot of talent. For example, they could land Josh Allen, McGlinchey to fill that new hole at tackle and still nab Guice.
terrytate

Postby Naismith » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:40 am

I think the Browns end up trading out of four but if they stay, I fully expect them to take Chubb. Wishful thinking has them taking a DB or Barkley, but Chubb is where I expect them to go.
Naismith

Postby Konatown » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:13 am

Naismith wrote:I think the Browns end up trading out of four but if they stay, I fully expect them to take Chubb. Wishful thinking has them taking a DB or Barkley, but Chubb is where I expect them to go.

Chubb and Garret would make some nasty bookends.
Konatown

Postby Super K » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:21 am

Konatown wrote:
Naismith wrote:I think the Browns end up trading out of four but if they stay, I fully expect them to take Chubb. Wishful thinking has them taking a DB or Barkley, but Chubb is where I expect them to go.

Chubb and Garret would make some nasty bookends.

Was up in Erie last weekend for St Patty's day...TONS of Browns fans there as Erie is essentially the uglier "mistake by the lake"...

To a man, they all want a Darnold/Chubb 1st round...and I don't disagree with them one bit..

That DL would be ****ing killing folks...
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:24 am

Don't the Browns have other good ends already like Ogbah?
real bucs fan

Postby Super K » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:30 am

real bucs fan wrote:Don't the Browns have other good ends already like Ogbah?

Even if true (and that's debatable), the most important positions in football are: QB, guys who kill the QB, guys who protect the QB....

If Chubb is good enough for us to slobber over him at #7 and look at as a premier passrusher, then Cleveland should Sprint to the podium to bookend their defense with him and Garrett under rookie contracts for the next 4 and 5 years respectively...

I know YOU think they should take Barkley, but they can always take Guice at the top of Rd2 and be just as good....
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:34 am

Super K wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Don't the Browns have other good ends already like Ogbah?

Even if true (and that's debatable), the most important positions in football are: QB, guys who kill the QB, guys who protect the QB....

If Chubb is good enough for us to slobber over him at #7 and look at as a premier passrusher, then Cleveland should Sprint to the podium to bookend their defense with him and Garrett under rookie contracts for the next 4 and 5 years respectively...

I know YOU think they should take Barkley, but they can always take Guice at the top of Rd2 and be just as good....

Not saying they shouldn't take Chubb... or that they should take Barkley... Heck I think Ward is an option...

Just pointing out that they are quietly quite loaded on the d-line and they have massive holes in quite a few other areas and there are great prospects, as good as Chubb available to them at 4.
real bucs fan

Postby Super K » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:38 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Super K wrote:

Not saying they shouldn't take Chubb... or that they should take Barkley... Heck I think Ward is an option...

Just pointing out that they are quietly quite loaded on the d-line and they have massive holes in quite a few other areas and there are great prospects, as good as Chubb available to them at 4.

My bad, didn't mean to assume/presume whichever...

Their DL is solid now..it could be down right lethal with Chubb...a DL like that can make garbage DBs looks good...

Kind of like the same route we are attempting go I guess...

I can also see them taking Nelson at 4 to protect that brand new QB they draft at 1...
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:45 am

I'm fully on the Ward bandwagon right now. I think if you look at our roster, we have a giant need at CB and RB, but talent and depth everywhere else. We could use a safety, but I'm still hoping we sign one.

We now have 2 picks to get starters out of. With Barkley likely off the board, take Ward and get the RB in round 2.
real bucs fan

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:22 am

real bucs fan wrote:I'm fully on the Ward bandwagon right now. I think if you look at our roster, we have a giant need at CB and RB, but talent and depth everywhere else. We could use a safety, but I'm still hoping we sign one.

We now have 2 picks to get starters out of. With Barkley likely off the board, take Ward and get the RB in round 2.

Yup, I'm warming to that scenario also. Ward and Michel in rounds 1-2 would be good (am I allowed to approve of a hypothetical?). Still a hole at SS, but I'd be satisfied (if that is ok) with the offseason moves.

Lots of directions we could go and this draft is really shaping up to be pretty entertaining imo.
DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:27 am

DreadNaught wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I'm fully on the Ward bandwagon right now. I think if you look at our roster, we have a giant need at CB and RB, but talent and depth everywhere else. We could use a safety, but I'm still hoping we sign one.

Yup, I'm warming to that scenario also. Ward and Michel in rounds 1-2 would be good (am I allowed to approve of a hypothetical?). Still a hole at SS, but I'd be satisfied (if that is ok) with the offseason moves.

Lots of directions we could go and this draft is really shaping up to be pretty entertaining imo.

I have Penny and Michel neck and neck, but ya, that's my hope.

If say we were to sign a CB instead of a S, then I think just change that first pick to James.

The JPP trade really opens things up for us though. Before that trade I was resigned to the idea of just reaching for Davenport and crossing our fingers.
real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:14 am

Super K wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Not saying they shouldn't take Chubb... or that they should take Barkley... Heck I think Ward is an option...

Their DL is solid now..it could be down right lethal with Chubb...a DL like that can make garbage DBs looks good...

I can also see them taking Nelson at 4 to protect that brand new QB they draft at 1...

Apparently the Browns are considering Nelson... but with the idea of moving him to OT. They have 2 of the best OGs in the game, but if you think Nelson could play on the outside, it makes things interesting...

Also in regards to the Browns, their owner is making the trip to see Josh Allen, so Darnold isn't a shoe in at 1 just yet.
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:36 am

DreadNaught wrote:

Yes, being satisfied is okay. Just don't celebrate it.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Deuce » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:43 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Super K wrote:

Apparently the Browns are considering Nelson... but with the idea of moving him to OT. They have 2 of the best OGs in the game, but if you think Nelson could play on the outside, it makes things interesting...

Also in regards to the Browns, their owner is making the trip to see Josh Allen, so Darnold isn't a shoe in at 1 just yet.

Bucs drafting Nelson, moving him to T, Smith to G, Marpet to C, and Jensen to G confirmed.
Deuce

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:48 am

Deuce wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:

Bucs drafting Nelson, moving him to T, Smith to G, Marpet to C, and Jensen to G confirmed.

lol. Done deal!!!
DreadNaught

Postby Sammich » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:31 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Ward
James
Fitz

I was gonna type something very similar, but I figured I'd just plagiarize you. Thanks muchly.
Sammich

Postby MJW » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:33 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Super K wrote:

It's not unprecedented. In 2008, the Chiefs drafted Virginia guard Brandon Albert (he'd been blocked by Eugene Monroe at left tackle) and moved him to left tackle. He had a pretty good career.
MJW

PreviousNext

Return to College Football/Draft Talk