Bold draft predictions

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby MJW » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:02 am

real bucs fan wrote:I think Leonard Fournette and Derrius Guice have altered your perception on what an inside runner looks like. Barkley is very much a beast between the tackles. Does he try and murder linebackers? No he doesn't... but that's also why he's going to stay healthy in this league while Fournette and Guice are going to be banged up throughout their careers. Barkley is going to be Ezekial Elliot.... if Zeke we're 10 pounds heavier and had a 6th gear. Not only is he going to be a beast, he's going to be one of the biggest superstars of his era. Your Reggie Bush comp was much more fitting for McCaffery last year...


Zeke, Fournette, and Guice all take what's blocked for at the POA and then break loose at the 2nd level.
Barkley sees what's blocked for at the POA and WAY too often ignores it to try and run for 80 outside.

It's a fundamentally style difference. It's not about murdering linebackers. It's about not looking for the homerun until you've already gained what's blocked for.

That style works a lot better against the 4.8 linebackers of the Big Ten than it will in the NFL. Watch his highlights and count how many times he doesn't win the edge at the LOS against an NFL defense. If you do so honestly, you'll probably count 4 out of every 5 of his big gains being TFL or short gains, with 4-5 yards left on the table if he'd followed his blockers.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:05 am

MJW wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I think Leonard Fournette and Derrius Guice have altered your perception on what an inside runner looks like. Barkley is very much a beast between the tackles. Does he try and murder linebackers? No he doesn't... but that's also why he's going to stay healthy in this league while Fournette and Guice are going to be banged up throughout their careers. Barkley is going to be Ezekial Elliot.... if Zeke we're 10 pounds heavier and had a 6th gear. Not only is he going to be a beast, he's going to be one of the biggest superstars of his era. Your Reggie Bush comp was much more fitting for McCaffery last year...


Zeke, Fournette, and Guice all take what's blocked for at the POA and then break loose at the 2nd level.
Barkley sees what's blocked for at the POA and WAY too often ignores it to try and run for 80 outside.

It's a fundamentally style difference. It's not about murdering linebackers. It's about not looking for the homerun until you've already gained what's blocked for.

That style works a lot better against the 4.8 linebackers of the Big Ten than it will in the NFL. Watch his highlights and count how many times he doesn't win the edge at the LOS against an NFL defense. If you do so honestly, you'll probably count 4 out of every 5 of his big gains being TFL or short gains, with 4-5 yards left on the table if he'd followed his blockers.

His highlights don't tell the whole story. Try watching his runs that don't make sports center. He can run inside, and very well.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8077
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 888 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Doctor » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:46 am

Bears hop us to draft Quinten Nelson.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5161
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 222 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Rocker » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:22 am

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers **** up the #7 pick.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Hatter » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:31 am

Rocker wrote:The Tampa Bay Buccaneers **** up the #7 pick.

:lol: :screaming:
Image
User avatar
Hatter
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm
Location: He Is Coming..
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:34 am

Doctor wrote:Bears hop us to draft Quinten Nelson.


Next years 1st? Or Buc style and we get a 5th this year...
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9453
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:39 am

Will he boldly not answer me?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9453
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Doctor » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Doctor wrote:Bears hop us to draft Quinten Nelson.


Next years 1st? Or Buc style and we get a 5th this year...

We're not trading with them, someone above us is.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5161
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 222 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:59 am

Doctor wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:
Next years 1st? Or Buc style and we get a 5th this year...

We're not trading with them, someone above us is.



I boldly didnt read your post very well.

Who is they and what did they pay?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9453
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby BucaRican » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Rocker wrote:The Tampa Bay Buccaneers **** up the #7 pick.


No sure if that is classified as Bold.
Image
BucaRican
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Sammich » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:45 pm

MJW wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:You really are going to look foolish with this ridiculous stance on Barkley...


I call 'em like I sees 'em. I don't hate him as a prospect, btw. I'm not predicting he's out of the league in 2 years or any such thing. But I see a career path similar to Reggie Bush's.

- Unstoppable college weapon who used his soft hands, speed, and agility to rack up big plays against college defenses.
- General disinclination to run inside.
- Gets hyped up as the next great back.
- Gets drafted in the top 3.
- Predictably has trouble running inside in the NFL, and the huge plays that were there on the edge in college aren't there nearly as much.
- Catches a ton of passes. Useful in a rotation or as a "weapon" but somebody else gets the ball on 3rd and 2. Hangs around for ten years. Rushes for 5,000 yards and catches 600 passes. Has a nice career.

He won't be a bust. But unless he commits to following his blocks and taking lanes in the A and B gaps instead of bouncing everything outside, he will not live up to his hype.



I agree totally. In fact, I've made this exact comparison in another thread.
Sammich
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:52 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:47 am

The consensus top 4 non QB prospects on this board are not the consensus top 4 prospects for all 32 teams and as such won't be the 1st 4 non QBs taken in the draft.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23134
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 494 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:11 am

Sammich wrote:
MJW wrote:
I call 'em like I sees 'em. I don't hate him as a prospect, btw. I'm not predicting he's out of the league in 2 years or any such thing. But I see a career path similar to Reggie Bush's.

- Unstoppable college weapon who used his soft hands, speed, and agility to rack up big plays against college defenses.
- General disinclination to run inside.
- Gets hyped up as the next great back.
- Gets drafted in the top 3.
- Predictably has trouble running inside in the NFL, and the huge plays that were there on the edge in college aren't there nearly as much.
- Catches a ton of passes. Useful in a rotation or as a "weapon" but somebody else gets the ball on 3rd and 2. Hangs around for ten years. Rushes for 5,000 yards and catches 600 passes. Has a nice career.

He won't be a bust. But unless he commits to following his blocks and taking lanes in the A and B gaps instead of bouncing everything outside, he will not live up to his hype.



I agree totally. In fact, I've made this exact comparison in another thread.



Dont forget, I brought up how much he likes to lose yardage! All the 2018 great running backs look great when they are running thru gaping holes made by college offensive linemen.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9453
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:38 am

Cleveland selects Bradley Chubb with the first pick.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2839
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Rocker » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:02 am

Bootz2004 wrote:The consensus top 4 non QB prospects on this board are not the consensus top 4 prospects for all 32 teams and as such won't be the 1st 4 non QBs taken in the draft.



That take is FAR less bold than mine.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Jason Bourne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:28 am

Cleveland selects Barkley #1
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 4279
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:31 am

Jason Bourne wrote:Cleveland selects Barkley #1

At this point, I think it's more likely than not.

I'll go with the Giants taking an OL at 2. Whether that be Nelson or a shocker like say Williams. This is based on the possibility of the Gaints not going QB and Barkley going #1.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8077
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 888 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:37 am

Rocker wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:The consensus top 4 non QB prospects on this board are not the consensus top 4 prospects for all 32 teams and as such won't be the 1st 4 non QBs taken in the draft.



That take is FAR less bold than mine.


I know. I'm not good at bold predictions without them seeming way too over exaggerated. So I'm usually pretty conservative with them.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 23134
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 494 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:47 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Sammich wrote:

I agree totally. In fact, I've made this exact comparison in another thread.



Dont forget, I brought up how much he likes to lose yardage! All the 2018 great running backs look great when they are running thru gaping holes made by college offensive linemen.

Watch him vs Vita Vea and that Washington D. Not just talking about the long TD run either- watch those short runs.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8077
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 888 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Rocker » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:07 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Rocker wrote:

That take is FAR less bold than mine.


I know. I'm not good at bold predictions without them seeming way too over exaggerated. So I'm usually pretty conservative with them.


Fair enough.


More DBs go in the first than DL.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Doctor » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:48 pm

Giants draft a LB at #2.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5161
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 222 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby sanka » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Teitan wrote:Sam Darnold is a bust.




Post your draft predictions here!

I agree. I have yet to see. USC Qb succeed in the NFL.
Last edited by sanka on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3837
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Super K » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:36 pm

sanka wrote:
Teitan wrote:Sam Darnold is a bust.




Post your draft predictions here!

I agree. I have set to see. USC Qb succeed in the NFL.


Guess you didn't watch Carson Palmer destroy us the last 2 years, huh?....
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7147
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 209 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby sanka » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:28 pm

Super K wrote:
sanka wrote:I agree. I have set to see. USC Qb succeed in the NFL.


Guess you didn't watch Carson Palmer destroy us the last 2 years, huh?....

His career is iffy...And if Palmer is the yard stick to judge USC Qb then there is a problem.
To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3837
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby MJW » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:17 pm

sanka wrote:
Super K wrote:
Guess you didn't watch Carson Palmer destroy us the last 2 years, huh?....

His career is iffy...And if Palmer is the yard stick to judge USC Qb then there is a problem.


"Iffy" like 47,000 career passing yards and 300 career touchdowns. One of those iffy careers.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby sanka » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:01 am

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:His career is iffy...And if Palmer is the yard stick to judge USC Qb then there is a problem.


"Iffy" like 47,000 career passing yards and 300 career touchdowns. One of those iffy careers.

Would you say he is an HOF player?
To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3837
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby MJW » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:44 am

sanka wrote:
MJW wrote:
"Iffy" like 47,000 career passing yards and 300 career touchdowns. One of those iffy careers.

Would you say he is an HOF player?


No, he's not. Doesn't make his career "iffy," though. Mike Alstott isn't a HOF player either; he ain't iffy.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby theBKwhopper » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:29 am

Bucs trade up to 4 to draft Chubb.
User avatar
theBKwhopper
 
Posts: 3994
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:39 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Rocker » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:01 am

theBKwhopper wrote:Bucs trade up to 4 to draft Chubb.


That’s bold. What do we give up?
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 211 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby Hatter » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:06 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:Bucs trade up to 4 to draft Chubb.


I have this feeling too, don't know what it would end up costing us but I feel Cleveland would get their #1 and trade back off of 4. 7 isn't too far back.

As much as I'd like Chubb, moving up will COST and we don't have our 3rd.

I'd rather us be the ones that trade back a bit for extra picks.
Image
User avatar
Hatter
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm
Location: He Is Coming..
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 7 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests