Bold draft predictions

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Bold draft predictions

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:21 pm

Maybe we move up to 5th to leapfrog the Colts? Could probably do that with our 4th
real bucs fan

Postby Agent Orange » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:41 pm

I said this in another thread. This is an outside shot idea but I believe that Licht and Koetter both need to buy themselves more time. My bold prediction is we trade Winston and draft a QB in the first round.
Agent Orange

Postby Super K » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:58 pm

If these 2 motherfuckers trade JW they deserve to be drawn and quartered...

End of story...
Super K

Postby theBKwhopper » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Rocker wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote:Bucs trade up to 4 to draft Chubb.

That’s bold. What do we give up?

More than I want to.
theBKwhopper

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Agent Orange wrote:I said this in another thread. This is an outside shot idea but I believe that Licht and Koetter both need to buy themselves more time. My bold prediction is we trade Winston and draft a QB in the first round.

I think we move to Charlotte and call ourselves the Panthers 2.0.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:49 pm

Agent Orange wrote:I said this in another thread. This is an outside shot idea but I believe that Licht and Koetter both need to buy themselves more time. My bold prediction is we trade Winston and draft a QB in the first round.

Not bold enough.
DreadNaught

Postby Naismith » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:02 pm

I'm guessing in that scenario that the Winston trade is getting the Bucs into position to draft a QB and you don't mean they'll take Lamar Jackson or some other QB outside the top four.
Naismith

Postby Four Verticals » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:14 pm

Repeating it isn't making you look any smarter.
Four Verticals

Postby Agent Orange » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:58 pm

Naismith wrote:I'm guessing in that scenario that the Winston trade is getting the Bucs into position to draft a QB and you don't mean they'll take Lamar Jackson or some other QB outside the top four.

Definitely top 4. Another great thing about going rookie QB is another 5 years of rookie contract.
Agent Orange

Postby Naismith » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:11 am

How do you think they get in the top four?
Naismith

Postby Buc2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:30 am

My bold prediction: Saquon Barkley will slide out of the Top 10.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:08 am

Buc2 wrote:My bold prediction: Saquon Barkley will slide out of the Top 10.

this seconded
Jason Bourne

Postby Buc2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Buc2 wrote:My bold prediction: Saquon Barkley will slide out of the Top 10.

this seconded

And rbf will have a major meltdown.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Deuce » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
this seconded

And rbf will have a major meltdown.

I also asked you in another thread but I just don't see this at all. Maybe Bourne will answer, too. What factors are making him drop, in your opinion?

Who are the Browns, Colts, and Bucs taking instead? I guess you're thinking the Browns go Chubb at 4, the Colts take Nelson, the Bucs go Fitz, and then the rest of the top 10 ignores him, too?

If he gets to 7/8, I think teams will be trading up to get him.
Deuce

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Deuce wrote:
Buc2 wrote:And rbf will have a major meltdown.

I also asked you in another thread but I just don't see this at all. Maybe Bourne will answer, too. What factors are making him drop, in your opinion?

Who are the Browns, Colts, and Bucs taking instead? I guess you're thinking the Browns go Chubb at 4, the Colts take Nelson, the Bucs go Fitz, and then the rest of the top 10 ignores him, too?

It's just this echo chamber... it aint happening.
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:29 pm

Deuce wrote:

Just looking at the history of RB's, I don't see where taking one high in the 1st round has really been a huge benefit to teams over the past 10 years. Obviously there have been some exceptions. Adrian Peterson. You can perhaps include Darren McFadden. Ezekiel Elliott so far, but that's based on a short sample. But also for the same reasons many have said...good RB's have become a dime a dozen. This Guice kid may very well have a better career than Barkley. Anyway, my "hunch" isn't based on any scientific formula or from watching hours of film on the kid. It's just that. A hunch.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Naismith » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:33 pm

I think the odds of the Colts taking Barkley are hovering around 0%. I think the Browns could take Barkley at four but based on history and the value of a DE like Chubb, it's pretty unlikely. I think Broncos are most likely taking a QB at five but if the four go ahead of them, I think they take Chubb or Nelson and the Colts quickly take whichever of the two isn't picked. In the unlikely scenario Chubb and Nelson are gone at pick six, the Colts likely trade back with a team looking for the fourth QB.

The Bucs at seven are the most likely team to take Barkley, in my opinion, but if they miraculously pass on him, the Bears aren't taking him at 8 and the Raiders probably aren't taking him at 10, though who knows what Gruden will do. That leaves the Niners at 9 as well as teams trading up for him. I don't think it's impossible for him to get outside the top ten.
Naismith

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:54 pm

Deuce wrote:

He is a good rb,and the Buc's might take him but he isn't flawless...
1.he likes to bounce outside and that will not work in NFL.
2. His yards after contact are not the greatest for a guy 230....57 out of 58 RB's in yac

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/d ... on-barkley
Jason Bourne

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Buc2 wrote:Just looking at the history of RB's, I don't see where taking one high in the 1st round has really been a huge benefit to teams over the past 10 years. Obviously there have been some exceptions. Adrian Peterson. You can perhaps include Darren McFadden. Ezekiel Elliott so far, but that's based on a short sample. But also for the same reasons many have said...good RB's have become a dime a dozen. This Guice kid may very well have a better career than Barkley. Anyway, my "hunch" isn't based on any scientific formula or from watching hours of film on the kid. It's just that. A hunch.

Fornette and Gurley were pretty beneficial for the Rams and Jags in addition to Zeke (who you named). All drafted in the top 10. Even Melvin Gordon is doing well for the Chargers.

Looking back on the past 3 drafts the RBs that have been drafted in the top half of the 1st round are all turning out to be good picks.

I just don't see a talented prospect like Barkley falling. I get the debate about the value of the position, but guys like Barkley are rare and it's like he's a Guard or someone that doesn't touch the ball. Barkley would be guy that gets it close to 30x a game between rushing and receiving. I get the argument that you can find a RB anywhere, but I feel it is also overstated too often. Look at the teams drafting in the top 10 and how almost all of them have dogshit at RB currently. Maybe that is coincidence, or maybe they wouldn't suck as bad if they had stud RB.
DreadNaught

Postby Sammich » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Deuce wrote:

2. His yards after contact are not the greatest for a guy 230....57 out of 58 RB's in yac

This is exactly what worries me about him. He plays like a 3rd down back, not a bellcow.
Sammich

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:08 pm

Sammich wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

This is exactly what worries me about him. He plays like a 3rd down back, not a bellcow.

The modern day "bellcow" is a running back who stays on the field for all 3 downs and can rush it 20 times a game, while also catching it 5 times a game. Barkley is that guy.
real bucs fan

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:42 pm

Lamar Jackson will go before Baker Mayfield

DJ Moore will be the first WR off the board

Minkah Fitzpatrick will not be drafted top 10
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:04 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Lamar Jackson will go before Baker Mayfield

beardmcdoug

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:07 pm

If he had played his cards right, maybe.

I honestly think the 4.3s were in range had he trained for and run his 40.
real bucs fan

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:11 pm

real bucs fan wrote:

If he had played his cards right, maybe.

I honestly think the 4.3s were in range had he trained for and run his 40.

let's be real though - if HE runs the 40, he only stands to lose.

he runs a 4.3? great. he's a fast QB, we already knew that

he runs a 4.5-4.6? people are going to say "he's not actually even that fast"

he doesn't run the 40, and people look at the tape. And the tape, and his speed on tape, tells a very positive story for him
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:22 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:

It's a bold prediction thread.

Baker's completion % is product of that gimmick offense with numerous WR screens and easy RPO plays.

He gets compared to Brees and Russell Wilson based on his height, but neither of those two were 1st rounders and both of them were OFF the charts when it comes to intangibles like maturity and leadership. Those two adjectives are not what I'm thinking when I think of Baker Mayfield.

Wilson also came to a team that has the #1 scoring defense and was top 3 in rushing attempts during ALL of his first 3 seasons. If you're drafting a QB in the first half of round 1 and going to handcuff him like that than why not draft a better positional player instead? Even Brees was a below average QB until his 4th year.

I'm not saying Baker can't be a good NFL QB one day. But rather he isn't a QB that will change a franchise around early in his career. So why spend a premium pick on him? So if I'm drafting a QB in round one and my options are Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield then I'll go Jackson b/c imo the immediate returns will be better in addition to the potential upside.
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:27 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

Baker's completion % is product of that gimmick offense with numerous WR screens and easy RPO plays.

He gets compared to Brees and Russell Wilson based on his height, but neither of those two were 1st rounders and both of them were OFF the charts when it comes to intangibles like maturity and leadership. Those two adjectives are not what I'm thinking when I think of Baker Mayfield.

Wilson also came to a team that has the #1 scoring defense and was top 3 in rushing attempts during ALL of his first 3 seasons. If you're drafting a QB in the first half of round 1 and going to handcuff him like that than why not draft a better positional player instead? Even Brees was a below average QB until his 4th year.

I'm not saying Baker can't be a good NFL QB one day. But rather he isn't a QB that will change a franchise around early in his career. So why spend a premium pick on him? So if I'm drafting a QB in round one and my options are Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield then I'll go Jackson b/c imo the immediate returns will be better in addition to the potential upside.

hah fair enough

as an aside, who do you think has the better pro career - mayfield/jackson?
beardmcdoug

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Mayfield
Jason Bourne

Postby MJW » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:56 am

DreadNaught wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

I haven't agreed with DN much lately, but he nailed it here.

Mayfield has too many questions for me.

His goofball offense means I don't trust his production a bit.
He has almost no experience playing under center.
His simplified offense means we have no idea if he can read a defense.
Brees and Wilson have adapted well to being short. It doesn't mean every quarterback can.
He has, if not character concerns, at least not the A+ character you want in a 1st round quarterback. He's not Johnny Manziel, but there's some immaturity there also, and no reason to assume it will simply disappear in the NFL.

Every QB prospect has questions. That's literally the most questions I can remember seeing in regards to a Top Ten quarterback, though.

I think he WILL go top ten...maybe even top FOUR...but I would not bet my job on him if I was a decision maker.
MJW

Postby Teitan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:19 pm

If Barkley is there at 7, regardless of who else is there, the Bucs take him.

I’m not sure if that’s bold. But it’s a growing feeling I have. RBF gluten-free jizzes his pants. Half the board is disappointed we left Nelson there.
Teitan

PreviousNext

Return to College Football/Draft Talk