Shaquem Griffin

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: Shaquem Griffin

Postby Buc You » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:38 pm

BucaRican wrote:When you draft in the 4th-5th round what are you drafting for based on your analysis wise guy? A superstar?

Buc You

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:41 pm

Ha!!
PrimeMinister

Postby BucaRican » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:25 pm

Buc You wrote:
BucaRican wrote:When you draft in the 4th-5th round what are you drafting for based on your analysis wise guy? A superstar?

Griffin has that type of ability. You guys will see., again its probability
BucaRican

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:33 pm

I’m glad Griffin went to Seattle. It’s the best place for him.
PrimeMinister

Postby BucaRican » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Buc You wrote:

BucaRican

Postby BucaRican » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:26 am

I will just leave this here for all those who laughed when I suggested we draft him. He is a tackling machine, and has shown great awareness and speed. Great for Shaq, it has been well deserved.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/05/shaquem-griffin-starting-week-1-seahawks
BucaRican

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:50 am

BucaRican wrote:I will just leave this here for all those who laughed when I suggested we draft him. He is a tackling machine, and has shown great awareness and speed. Great for Shaq, it has been well deserved.

How much YAC is he getting?
PrimeMinister

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:20 am

[quote="BucaRican"]I will just leave this here for all those who laughed when I suggested we draft him. He is a tackling machine, and has shown great awareness and speed. Great for Shaq, it has been well deserved.

[url]https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/05/shaquem-griffin-starting-week-1-seahawks[/url][/quote]

You wanted him "high in the second round" and suggested he may be a first round pick. That's what people were mocking you for.
uscbucsfan

Postby BucaRican » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:41 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
BucaRican wrote:I will just leave this here for all those who laughed when I suggested we draft him. He is a tackling machine, and has shown great awareness and speed. Great for Shaq, it has been well deserved.

You wanted him "high in the second round" and suggested he may be a first round pick. That's what people were mocking you for.
Last edited by BucaRican on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BucaRican

Postby BucaRican » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:44 am

uscbucsfan wrote:

I wanted him as our 2ndpick in the 2nd (late 2nd), and if I recall correctly you're one of the ones to sham him even being drafted in the 4th. Based on his productivity in college he was a no brainier.
BucaRican

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:49 am

BucaRican wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/shaquem-griffins-incredible-combine-continues-record-breaking-40-yard-dash-190622863.html

Let's get him NOW! What is not to like about the guy. Game tape, now he is at the combine tearing it up. He has the will and non stop motor. I don't care put him on the field. I draft him high second, the only problem is he won't be there.

uscbucsfan wrote:
I think he could be drafted in the 3rd round. I just think the 2nd, especially where we pick, is far too high for him.

FYI we didn't have a late 2nd round pick at the time you said this.
uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:51 am

The rest of the people making fun of you were laughing because you didn't seem to understand the jokes about having 1 hand. Especially the flag football joke.
uscbucsfan

Postby Super K » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:52 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
BucaRican wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/shaquem-griffins-incredible-combine-continues-record-breaking-40-yard-dash-190622863.html

Let's get him NOW! What is not to like about the guy. Game tape, now he is at the combine tearing it up. He has the will and non stop motor. I don't care put him on the field. I draft him high second, the only problem is he won't be there.

uscbucsfan wrote:
I think he could be drafted in the 3rd round. I just think the 2nd, especially where we pick, is far too high for him.

FYI we didn't have a late 2nd round pick at the time you said this.

(Mic drop)
Super K

Postby terrytate » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:33 am

uscbucsfan wrote:You wanted him "high in the second round" and suggested he may be a first round pick. That's what people were mocking you for.

That, and how he suggested that a 225 pound linebacker was going to get on the field by lining up at DE and rushing the passer. Or where he suggested that Griffin might come in and take VH3s job at CB.

Dude is a linebacker and that was one of the few things we didnt need. I actually like our draft even more now than when it happened. Licht seems to have cleaned up with his mid round picks.
terrytate

Postby BucaRican » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:00 pm

terrytate wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:You wanted him "high in the second round" and suggested he may be a first round pick. That's what people were mocking you for.

That, and how he suggested that a 225 pound linebacker was going to get on the field by lining up at DE and rushing the passer. Or where he suggested that Griffin might come in and take VH3s job at CB.

Dude is a linebacker and that was one of the few things we didnt need. I actually like our draft even more now than when it happened. Licht seems to have cleaned up with his mid round picks.

Not sure taking ensuring we have depth would have been an issue even if they didn't take him in the second. We have had injury issues at LB in the past, an depth is always good. Especially with a play like Giffen that can be lined up anywhere.
BucaRican

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:48 pm

BucaRican wrote:
terrytate wrote:

Not sure taking ensuring we have depth would have been an issue even if they didn't take him in the second. We have had injury issues at LB in the past, an depth is always good. Especially with a play like Giffen that can be lined up anywhere.

Where did he line up Sunday?
PrimeMinister

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:29 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
BucaRican wrote:

He ended the game backing up Austin Calitro, undrafted journeyman LB.
uscbucsfan

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:50 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Coaches are haters.
PrimeMinister

Postby EatingWinston » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:00 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Coaches are haters.

Tbf, he got completely burned on a wheel route for a td.

During the game one of the announcers was raving about how he used his hands
EatingWinston

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:16 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Coaches are haters.

PETTY
Bootz2004

Postby terrytate » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:28 pm

BucaRican wrote:
terrytate wrote:

How much depth do you want at LB before you draft other positions? We have three good starters, a backup who may be better than the starter at Mike and 2 depth guys the coaches like.

Just imagine for a second the boat we would be in right now if we had drafted Griffin instead of one of the two CB's we took in the second.
terrytate

Previous

Return to College Football/Draft Talk