2018 NFL Combine thread

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: 2018 NFL Combine thread

Postby Super K » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:28 am

Back to the combine results, little story on this beautiful Saturday morning...

When I was in college, the PA Special Olympics held their Winter games at my school..the "celebrity" spokesperson for the games was Levon Kirkland (former Steeler/Iggle LB)...he was big news back then (this was mid 90s)..

Anyway team captains of all school sports participated as ambassadors and got paired up...they paired me up with Levon...our AD thought it be cool as I was a LB, he was a LB yadda yadda yadda..

Anyway, we have a great day with the kids and just hanging out, about mid afternoon during down time he and I are touring our sport complex and wen visit the weight room...we are both talkin smack to each other about tossing iron so he says "alright man, put on 225 and let's go!"...

Man, I was pumped! A 225 bench off with Levon Kirkland!..mind you I'm dressed in our wind suit and he's in damn dress clothes..

Anyway, I go first and am so damn proud of myself for getting 29 reps (although #29 was HORRIBLE..right arm all locked out, left arm jiggling, screaming,finally making it to the rack)...

Levon jumps on..WOW..I mean ****ing WOW!!!!...

Guy gets to 41, not even breathing hard..looks over at me and says "we done?"...

LMAO..dude was a damn tank..looked like he swallowed a beer keg sideways...
Super K

Postby MJW » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:40 am

Super K wrote:Back to the combine results, little story on this beautiful Saturday morning...

When I was in college, the PA Special Olympics held their Winter games at my school..the "celebrity" spokesperson for the games was Levon Kirkland (former Steeler/Iggle LB)...he was big news back then (this was mid 90s)..

Anyway team captains of all school sports participated as ambassadors and got paired up...they paired me up with Levon...our AD thought it be cool as I was a LB, he was a LB yadda yadda yadda..

Anyway, we have a great day with the kids and just hanging out, about mid afternoon during down time he and I are touring our sport complex and wen visit the weight room...we are both talkin smack to each other about tossing iron so he says "alright man, put on 225 and let's go!"...

Man, I was pumped! A 225 bench off with Levon Kirkland!..mind you I'm dressed in our wind suit and he's in damn dress clothes..

Anyway, I go first and am so damn proud of myself for getting 29 reps (although #29 was HORRIBLE..right arm all locked out, left arm jiggling, screaming,finally making it to the rack)...

Guy gets to 41, not even breathing hard..looks over at me and says "we done?"...

That is a very cool story, and you did more than 2x as many reps as Orlando Brown!

Kirkland...he wouldn't last today. Nobody wants a 290 lbs Mike, even for two downs. But he was a friggin' beast back in the 90s. He looked like a nose tackle playing linebacker.
MJW

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:45 am

Wait! That was a combine results post?
mdb1958

Postby Super K » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:59 am

mdb1958 wrote:Wait! That was a combine results post?

Let's call it the "fluff" piece in-between the action..

All channels do it..have it..

Wait...did I just refer to myself as a "fluffer"?...oh dear God...
Super K

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:31 am

Between the Senior Bowl and the combine, DJ Chark is making money.

They just showed his 40 against OBJ. Full stride faster than Beckham.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby theBKwhopper » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Super K wrote:Back to the combine results, little story on this beautiful Saturday morning...

Hahaha that's a great story
theBKwhopper

Postby Nano » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:12 pm

Michigan DL Maurice Hurst was diagnosed with a heart condition. He was a potential first rounder
Nano

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:36 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Between the Senior Bowl and the combine, DJ Chark is making money.

Stuff like this is what gives people like me who hate the combine more reason to hate it. Clark is no where near Beckham's level. He can run fast only in a straight line. If you can teach him how to run routes and get off press coverage and improve his 1st step off the line MAYBE you have a decent #2 receiver. Until then you're just fattening his pockets.
Bootz2004

Postby Teitan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:57 pm

I hope we draft Shaqueem.
Teitan

Postby I Are Serious Poster » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:10 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Between the Senior Bowl and the combine, DJ Chark is making money.

Stuff like this is what gives people like me who hate the combine more reason to hate it. Clark is no where near Beckham's level. He can run fast only in a straight line. If you can teach him how to run routes and get off press coverage and improve his 1st step off the line MAYBE you have a decent #2 receiver. Until then you're just fattening his pockets.

He is also the top WR in the vert and 4th receiver in the broad, so he is damn sure demonstrating lower body explosion, which is what you want to see out of a WR. He also balled out at the Senior Bowl. Will he be a great NFL receiver? Who knows, but he's certainly taking full advantage of every single opportunity put in front of him, and you can't count that against him.
I Are Serious Poster

Postby Jason Bourne » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:22 pm

Teitan wrote:I hope we draft Shaqueem.
Jason Bourne

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:33 pm

I Are Serious Poster wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

He is also the top WR in the vert and 4th receiver in the broad, so he is damn sure demonstrating lower body explosion, which is what you want to see out of a WR. He also balled out at the Senior Bowl. Will he be a great NFL receiver? Who knows, but he's certainly taking full advantage of every single opportunity put in front of him, and you can't count that against him.

And by doing so is elevating his draft status and thus the dollar value of his rookie contract.

Eat my ass and balls, Bootz. Save that **** for rbf.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:10 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

You know who topped those lists last year? Rodney Davis. Boy did that turn out great. No? Malachi Durpree was near the top as well. Fine rookie season he put up....No wait. Speedy Noil? John Ross. John Ross made himself some money. He earned it to with his 1 target on the year.

The only thing this “he made himself some money” argument highlights, MB, is how foolish teams are for letting themselves get duped by the combine. “This prospect has lack luster production, very obvious flaws on tape and isn’t the most talented or skilled but man that broad jump was damn impressive. 2nd round pick!”

If you want your ass and balls eaten, MB, I’m sure your wife aka sister aka niece would love to help you out.
Bootz2004

Postby Cheb » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:50 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

You know who topped those lists last year? Rodney Davis. Boy did that turn out great. No? Malachi Durpree was near the top as well. Fine rookie season he put up....No wait. Speedy Noil? John Ross. John Ross made himself some money. He earned it to with his 1 target on the year.

The only thing this “he made himself some money” argument highlights, MB, is how foolish teams are for letting themselves get duped by the combine. “This prospect has lack luster production, very obvious flaws on tape and isn’t the most talented or skilled but man that broad jump was damn impressive. 2nd round pick!”

If you want your ass and balls eaten, MB, I’m sure your wife aka sister aka niece would love to help you out.

When you suggest a man's niece eat his balls, it would behoove you to reply to the correct poster.

Kids these days.
Cheb

Postby I Are Serious Poster » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:52 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

Robert Davis was a sixth round pick, Malachi Dupre a seventh and Speedy Noil went undrafted. Who the hell did those guys "dupe?"
I Are Serious Poster

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

Robert Davis was a sixth round pick, Malachi Dupre a seventh and Speedy Noil went undrafted. Who the hell did those guys "dupe?"

Read the post again. I was being sarcastic and mocking him. Named those 3 guys who had great combines but were mediocre college players and then got to the guy who actually did improve his draft position and make significant money, John Ross. The former 3 were like I said Mediocre college football players who put up great combine numbers but teams didn’t bite. Ross was productive in college and stood out on film but didn’t pan out last year. Do you get it now.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:19 am

Cheb wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

When you suggest a man's niece eat his balls, it would behoove you to reply to the correct poster.

Kids these days.

That’s why I said MB. It stands for Mountaineer Buc. You understand now, buddy?
Bootz2004

Postby Cheb » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:28 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Cheb wrote:

Kids these days.

Is this the part where you threaten to aggressively FaceTime your penis at me?
Cheb

Postby I Are Serious Poster » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:35 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

Read the post again. I was being sarcastic and mocking him. Named those 3 guys who had great combines but were mediocre college players and then got to the guy who actually did improve his draft position and make significant money, John Ross. The former 3 were like I said Mediocre college football players who put up great combine numbers but teams didn’t bite. Ross was productive in college and stood out on film but didn’t pan out last year. Do you get it now.

I get it now. I got it before. The way you change your point from post to post I have no idea what I'll be getting next.
I Are Serious Poster

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:42 am

Cheb wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Is this the part where you threaten to aggressively FaceTime your penis at me?

Nope, don't swing that way. Plus you're not making any claims about my **** so get off it, bud.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:42 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

I get it now. I got it before. The way you change your point from post to post I have no idea what I'll be getting next.

Well nothing changed at all so you obviously aren't smart enough to get it.
Bootz2004

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:44 am

Sunday and Monday = what I've been waiting for.
mdb1958

Postby Teitan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:28 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

Here’s Bootz talking about someone family performing sexual acts, again. Including a minor, again.
Teitan

Postby I Are Serious Poster » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 am

Teitan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Here’s Bootz talking about someone family performing sexual acts, again. Including a minor, again.

#ustoo
I Are Serious Poster

Postby Bucs N Beers » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:51 am

Hey look! The combine is on! Put your ***** away guys.
Bucs N Beers

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:18 am

DreadNaught wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:
Definitely a bit surprising. Mayock compared Michel to Kamara who ran a 4.56 if you recall. Those first 10/20 yards are the most important.

Yup, I think 40 times are incredibly overrated for a RB. All it does is verify that a player has that 5th gear (top speed), which RBs rarely get to. It is certainly nice to have, but the NFL is littered with RBs that lead the league in rushing that were 4.5 guys.

I just really love the way Michel is built and how he runs.

Just saw that Barkley's 10 yard split was 1.54. Faster than DeSean Jackson's :shock:
real bucs fan

Postby Super K » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:57 am

real bucs fan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Yup, I think 40 times are incredibly overrated for a RB. All it does is verify that a player has that 5th gear (top speed), which RBs rarely get to. It is certainly nice to have, but the NFL is littered with RBs that lead the league in rushing that were 4.5 guys.

I just really love the way Michel is built and how he runs.

Just saw that Barkley's 10 yard split was 1.54. Faster than DeSean Jackson's :shock:

I'm calling bullshit...
Super K

Postby Super K » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:01 am

Super K wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Just saw that Barkley's 10 yard split was 1.54. Faster than DeSean Jackson's :shock:

I'm calling bullshit...

My bad RBF, I read your post completely wrong...

He have a 1.54 split...Djax was 1.55....
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:32 am

I think Chubb is locking himself into the top 5...
real bucs fan

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Davenport is impressive
Jason Bourne

PreviousNext

Return to College Football/Draft Talk