Is the DE going to pass us by?

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
post

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:39 am

Super K wrote:No freakin way do I take Davenport at 7...no way..

As RBF has said, I'd feel MUCH more comfortable taking Carter or Armstrong in round 2 than Davenport in round 1....

If Chubb is gone, either take Nelson (for the "elite" guy) or Vea (to transform our DL)...


Agreed. I'd take Vea over Davenport at 7. But if Nelson is there you take him over either, even if we signed Norwell in FA. If Nelson is on the board at 7 he'll likely have such a higher draft grade than Vea, Davenport, or whoever else that it would be reckless to pass on him.

If you're drafting top 10 get the best damn player you can. As the draft progresses positional needs are factored in more imo. But early on is where teams have their best odds to get All-Pro/Pro-Bowl talent. So trust your evaluations and take the best player you can.

Guys like Dorance Armstrong, Josh Sweat, Arden Key, Andrew Brown, and host of others could be there at 38th overall and who knows what DL/EDGE guys will be there early in round 3. The Bucs could easily go DLine with BOTH day 2 picks if we drafted Nelson (or Barkley) at 7th overall.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13584
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 550 times
Been thanked: 589 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Sammich » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:52 am

Super K wrote:No freakin way do I take Davenport at 7...no way..

As RBF has said, I'd feel MUCH more comfortable taking Carter or Armstrong in round 2 than Davenport in round 1....

If Chubb is gone, either take Nelson (for the "elite" guy) or Vea (to transform our DL)...


Holy crap- did I write this? This is exactly what I was going to say. I didn't know I had a split personality. Then again I wouldn't know..... Hey you, possibly me (us?)..... Good post.
Sammich
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:52 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Super K » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Sammich wrote:
Super K wrote:No freakin way do I take Davenport at 7...no way..

As RBF has said, I'd feel MUCH more comfortable taking Carter or Armstrong in round 2 than Davenport in round 1....

If Chubb is gone, either take Nelson (for the "elite" guy) or Vea (to transform our DL)...


Holy crap- did I write this? This is exactly what I was going to say. I didn't know I had a split personality. Then again I wouldn't know..... Hey you, possibly me (us?)..... Good post.


Ha!..my brother from the same(?) mother?!...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Hatter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:11 pm

What are some opinions on Rasheem Green? Haven't heard much about him other than what's on the NFL profile.
They have him as a DE but some say DT, where's he fit better?
Image
User avatar
Hatter
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm
Location: He Is Coming..
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:07 pm

MJW wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I'm talking about not forcing picks. There are a handful of spots on this team where we are stacked: QB, WR, TE, and LB. That still leaves 14 of 22 starting positions that I'd go. Everyone agrees we desperately need an EDGE rusher. What I'm saying is that I'm not going to force one at 7. Basically if Chubb is off the board, I'm not going to force pick Davenport or Arden Key because we're desperate. I'll go with the best talent available outside of those handful of positions where we are loaded.


There's a difference between reaching and taking a risk because a guy has special talent at a position of need. Sometimes "Going BPA" is a way of saying, "Being unwilling to take a risk." Sometimes taking a risk is the only way to fix your problems. Sitting on our thumbs and waiting for a sure-thing-can't-miss-no-flags rusher is why we haven't had a pass rush since 2003.

PREACH
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14394
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 666 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Super K » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:02 pm

MJW wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I'm talking about not forcing picks. There are a handful of spots on this team where we are stacked: QB, WR, TE, and LB. That still leaves 14 of 22 starting positions that I'd go. Everyone agrees we desperately need an EDGE rusher. What I'm saying is that I'm not going to force one at 7. Basically if Chubb is off the board, I'm not going to force pick Davenport or Arden Key because we're desperate. I'll go with the best talent available outside of those handful of positions where we are loaded.


There's a difference between reaching and taking a risk because a guy has special talent at a position of need. Sometimes "Going BPA" is a way of saying, "Being unwilling to take a risk." Sometimes taking a risk is the only way to fix your problems. Sitting on our thumbs and waiting for a sure-thing-can't-miss-no-flags rusher is why we haven't had a pass rush since 2003.


I disagree...

Deciding "we are taking a pass rusher no matter what because our pass rush is ****ing horrid" has netted us Gaines Adams and AClay in round 1 and IR captains Bowers and Price in round 2...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Doctor » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:27 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Super K wrote:No freakin way do I take Davenport at 7...no way..

As RBF has said, I'd feel MUCH more comfortable taking Carter or Armstrong in round 2 than Davenport in round 1....

If Chubb is gone, either take Nelson (for the "elite" guy) or Vea (to transform our DL)...


Agreed. I'd take Vea over Davenport at 7. But if Nelson is there you take him over either, even if we signed Norwell in FA. If Nelson is on the board at 7 he'll likely have such a higher draft grade than Vea, Davenport, or whoever else that it would be reckless to pass on him.

If you're drafting top 10 get the best damn player you can. As the draft progresses positional needs are factored in more imo. But early on is where teams have their best odds to get All-Pro/Pro-Bowl talent. So trust your evaluations and take the best player you can.

Guys like Dorance Armstrong, Josh Sweat, Arden Key, Andrew Brown, and host of others could be there at 38th overall and who knows what DL/EDGE guys will be there early in round 3. The Bucs could easily go DLine with BOTH day 2 picks if we drafted Nelson (or Barkley) at 7th overall.


Norwell and Nelson?


Image
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:29 pm

Super K wrote:
MJW wrote:
There's a difference between reaching and taking a risk because a guy has special talent at a position of need. Sometimes "Going BPA" is a way of saying, "Being unwilling to take a risk." Sometimes taking a risk is the only way to fix your problems. Sitting on our thumbs and waiting for a sure-thing-can't-miss-no-flags rusher is why we haven't had a pass rush since 2003.


I disagree...

Deciding "we are taking a pass rusher no matter what because our pass rush is ****ing horrid" has netted us Gaines Adams and AClay in round 1 and IR captains Bowers and Price in round 2...


Agreed. Missing on first and second round draft picks along the Dline plus letter Bennett walk for nothing is why the Bucs haven't had a pass rush.

I get the logic of rolling the dice a need in hopes of addressing it and there is some data that supports good Dlinemen are more difficult to find after day 1 compared to most other positions.

I still take Nelson over Davenport or Vea.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13584
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 550 times
Been thanked: 589 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Doctor » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:38 pm

I love how every year people start freaking out that their guy won't be there. People fall. People reach for players. All kinds of stuff happens. VH3 wasn't suppose to be there, Howard wasn't suppose to be there, etc. Trading up for Chubbs would be stupid.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Super K » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Doctor wrote:I love how every year people start freaking out that their guy won't be there. People fall. People reach for players. All kinds of stuff happens. VH3 wasn't suppose to be there, Howard wasn't suppose to be there, etc. Trading up for Chubbs would be stupid.


I don't think anyone ever said anything about VH3 not being there..

And now, I wish he wasn't...

Classic case of "we need a corner so we're taking a corner" AND trading down for no damn reason....

Should've stayed put and selected Tunsil...OL would've been fixed, DBs would be no worse off..
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Super K » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:04 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Super K wrote:
I disagree...

Deciding "we are taking a pass rusher no matter what because our pass rush is ****ing horrid" has netted us Gaines Adams and AClay in round 1 and IR captains Bowers and Price in round 2...


Agreed. Missing on first and second round draft picks along the Dline plus letter Bennett walk for nothing is why the Bucs haven't had a pass rush.

I get the logic of rolling the dice a need in hopes of addressing it and there is some data that supports good Dlinemen are more difficult to find after day 1 compared to most other positions.

I still take Nelson over Davenport or Vea.


Agreed..
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby MJW » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:38 am

Super K wrote:
MJW wrote:
There's a difference between reaching and taking a risk because a guy has special talent at a position of need. Sometimes "Going BPA" is a way of saying, "Being unwilling to take a risk." Sometimes taking a risk is the only way to fix your problems. Sitting on our thumbs and waiting for a sure-thing-can't-miss-no-flags rusher is why we haven't had a pass rush since 2003.


I disagree...

Deciding "we are taking a pass rusher no matter what because our pass rush is ****ing horrid" has netted us Gaines Adams and AClay in round 1 and IR captains Bowers and Price in round 2...


Gaines Adams was a reach. Nobody was happy with that pick then, and nobody is defending it.

AJ Clay? Should have been Cameron Jordan. I said so at the time. In which case, nobody is complaining. Brian Price, how about Carlos Dunlap?

Missing on a player doesn't undermine a process.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 9036
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 404 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Alpha » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:35 am

Super K wrote:
Doctor wrote:I love how every year people start freaking out that their guy won't be there. People fall. People reach for players. All kinds of stuff happens. VH3 wasn't suppose to be there, Howard wasn't suppose to be there, etc. Trading up for Chubbs would be stupid.


Classic case of "we need a corner so we're taking a corner"


And yet, this is what you seem to be advocating for this year, with a DE.
Alpha
 
Posts: 4139
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Alpha » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:39 am

MJW wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I'm talking about not forcing picks. There are a handful of spots on this team where we are stacked: QB, WR, TE, and LB. That still leaves 14 of 22 starting positions that I'd go. Everyone agrees we desperately need an EDGE rusher. What I'm saying is that I'm not going to force one at 7. Basically if Chubb is off the board, I'm not going to force pick Davenport or Arden Key because we're desperate. I'll go with the best talent available outside of those handful of positions where we are loaded.


There's a difference between reaching and taking a risk....


Ummm...not really. They're kind of synonymous.
Alpha
 
Posts: 4139
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:21 am

Lets go with Chubb is gone and now what direction are we going.

OK, we pick Nelson no one should question he will help our line.
Edge who is left
56 EDGE ARDEN KEY - LSU
61 EDGE UCHENNA NWOSU - USC
71 EDGE HERCULES MATA'AFA - WASHINGTON STATE
74 EDGE JOSH SWEAT - FLORIDA STATE
78 EDGE TYQUAN LEWIS - OHIO STATE
86 EDGE JEFF HOLLAND - AUBURN
97 EDGE CHAD THOMAS - MIAMI
98 EDGE LORENZO CARTER - GEORGIA



CB
39 CB TARVARUS MCFADDEN - FLORIDA STATE
44 CB CARLTON DAVIS - AUBURN
64 CB M.J. STEWART - NORTH CAROLINA
66 CB QUENTON MEEKS - STANFORD
75 CB MIKE HUGHES - UCF

RB
50 RB SONY MICHEL - GEORGIA
52 RB ROYCE FREEMAN - OREGON
54 RB MARK WALTON - MIAMI
62 RB KERRYON JOHNSON - AUBURN
69 RB JOSH ADAMS - NOTRE DAME
72 RB RASHAAD PENNY - SAN DIEGO STATE
79 RB NICK CHUBB - GEORGIA
102 RB JOHN KELLY - TENNESSEE
120 RB NYHEIM HINES - NORTH CAROLINA STATE
126 RB KALEN BALLAGE - ARIZONA STATE
128 RB BO SCARBROUGH - ALABAMA
191 RB KAMRYN PETTWAY - AUBURN
211 RB JAYLEN SAMUELS - NORTH CAROLINA STATE
214 RB AKRUM WADLEY - IOWA
215 RB JUSTIN JACKSON - NORTHWESTERN
219 RB PHILLIP LINDSAY - COLORADO
255 RB RYAN NALL - OREGON STATE
258 RB ITO SMITH - SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
294 RB RALPH WEBB - VANDERBILT

Safety
51 S MARCUS ALLEN - PENN STATE
59 S JORDAN WHITEHEAD - PITTSBURGH
83 S TERRELL EDMUNDS - VIRGINIA TECH
87 S DESHON ELLIOTT - TEXAS
89 S ARMANI WATTS - TEXAS A&M
105 S KYZIR WHITE - WVU
109 S QUIN BLANDING - VIRGINIA
111 S JESSIE BATES III - WAKE FOREST
148 S JEREMY REAVES - SOUTH ALABAMA
172 S TREY MARSHALL - FLORIDA STATE
176 S VAN SMITH - CLEMSON
178 S TRAYVON HENDERSON - HAWAII

DT
41 DL HARRISON PHILLIPS - STANFORD
43 DL ANDREW BROWN - VIRGINIA
46 DL TAVEN BRYAN - FLORIDA
58 DL DERRICK NNADI - FLORIDA STATE
80 DL DA'SHAWN HAND - ALABAMA
81 DL LOWELL LOTULELEI - UTAH
85 DL TRENTON THOMPSON - GEORGIA
93 DL RASHEEM GREEN - USC
100 DL R.J. MCINTOSH - MIAMI
104 DL KENDRICK NORTON - MIAMI
108 DL NATHAN SHEPHERD - FORT HAYS STATE


I'll stop with just those positions but it shows that if you go RB in round 2, CB, Edge, S, and DL are ravaged.
If you go CB in round 2, RB, Edge, S, and DL are ravaged.

You can see that every move you choose will tell you what position group will even give you a player that might reach (hardly matters) or (we lucked out and the player is really good).

I think we could manage to get some DT help late because of how many there are. Might could even get some fodder for CB that turns out to be a positive for us.

But if you go RB over DE, say hi to Adeniyi! or Kylie Fitts...
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10148
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:27 am

So by November or sooner, we will see if rounds 4,5,6,6 are with the team just because they were draft picks or couldnt even manage that.

Hence the thread title and direction of our first three picks and importance thereof.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10148
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Super K » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:22 am

Alpha wrote:
Super K wrote:
Classic case of "we need a corner so we're taking a corner"


And yet, this is what you seem to be advocating for this year, with a DE.


What are you talking about? I'm arguing the exact opposite of that mindset...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:40 am

Super K wrote:
Alpha wrote:
And yet, this is what you seem to be advocating for this year, with a DE.


What are you talking about? I'm arguing the exact opposite of that mindset...



This one is for you SK.

We doubled up on DE's in the first and 2nd round, now should we go CB Jaire Alexander or RB Sonny MIchel

or

do we pick the highest ranked BPA which would be

LB Leighton Vander Esch or TE Dallas Goedert 1AA phenom (who may go first overall as TE)
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10148
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:57 am

When the combine happens I expect more offensive linemen in the top 100.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10148
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:49 am

mdb1958 wrote:When the combine happens I expect more offensive linemen in the top 100.

I'm of the opinion that this is a ridiculously talented and deep OL class, deepest I've seen in years. Don't really know how the combine will factor into it, but I do expect to see a high number of OL get drafted in the first 3 rounds of the draft. I think the reason folks haven't quite grasped this yet is that the bluechip generational stud at the top of the class is a guard and not an OT.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8600
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 961 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Super K » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:13 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Super K wrote:
What are you talking about? I'm arguing the exact opposite of that mindset...



This one is for you SK.

We doubled up on DE's in the first and 2nd round, now should we go CB Jaire Alexander or RB Sonny MIchel

or

do we pick the highest ranked BPA which would be

LB Leighton Vander Esch or TE Dallas Goedert 1AA phenom (who may go first overall as TE)



Ok, well since I don't have any other info to go off of (who did we re-sign, nab in FA etc) I'm gonna just have to go off of what we have now..

IMO, in the draft one just can't be a "need" drafter or a "BPA" drafter, there has to be a plan..

Our teams weakest spots (again, my opinion) and YES, they are in order...

1 DL (which includes the DE position)
2 CB
3 OL
4 RB

Now onto the players you listed..

The TE is out/a no go..why?..because we drafted our phenom last year..but we need a backup, right?..not if we kept Brate, and if we didn't it means our FO has enough faith in Auclair that he can be our #2 guy...

Your LB is a luxury pick, another solid inside guy..yes he's got the size to play outside (maybe), but we'd have to teach him..EVEN if we went to a 3-4, he'd be a project OLB, we don't have time to teach, we need impact players on the edge, or ANOTHER inside guy...

I'm not a big Michel fan...he and Chubb remind me of the Caddy/Brown Auburn backfield....good in a tandem...yes I know we have Barber, but he's better as a #2, if not #3, punch...Michel, to me, is a 3rd down back, a change of pace guy...I want a big, solid, bruising 1 cut RB as our main guy...watching Ajayi and Blount run the ball in the SB made my mouth water...

So, my selection by deduction is your CB, Mr Alexander....he's got decent size and speed, has a knack for creating turnovers, is an aggressive CB (which I like), and can help in our return game..not too mention he checks off a position of need coming in at #2 on my list and that we have pretty much ignored outside of VH3, late rounders, and FA....
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby MJW » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:33 am

I don't want any tight ends or linebackers in this draft, period. There's no reason.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 9036
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 404 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:50 am

Well SK, hopefully we raised our injury history standards and Mr Jaire passes the test.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10148
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Doctor » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Super K wrote:
Doctor wrote:I love how every year people start freaking out that their guy won't be there. People fall. People reach for players. All kinds of stuff happens. VH3 wasn't suppose to be there, Howard wasn't suppose to be there, etc. Trading up for Chubbs would be stupid.


I don't think anyone ever said anything about VH3 not being there..

And now, I wish he wasn't...

Classic case of "we need a corner so we're taking a corner" AND trading down for no damn reason....

Should've stayed put and selected Tunsil...OL would've been fixed, DBs would be no worse off..


real bucs fan wrote:I think the obvious directions we can go in round 1 are LT, DL, or DB. If we are say picking 9th, I think Tunsil and Stanley will be long gone, and I think Hargreaves and Ramsey are off the board as well. Those are the only LTs or DBs from this draft worthy of top 10 picks IMO. I think with the depth of this draft, we will be in fine position to address the d-line.


SIBucsFan wrote: If Hargreaves is at 9, which at the moment I don't believe I see happening, I would choose Hargreaves.

Mountaineer Buc wrote:There are no guarantees VH3 will be there.


DreadNaught wrote:I'd love for Ramsey or Hargreaves to fall to us at #9, but the odds aren't good.


Just off a quick search. And iirc, many had him not falling to us during the combine in particuar.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Doctor » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:50 pm

MJW wrote:
Super K wrote:
I disagree...

Deciding "we are taking a pass rusher no matter what because our pass rush is ****ing horrid" has netted us Gaines Adams and AClay in round 1 and IR captains Bowers and Price in round 2...


Gaines Adams was a reach. Nobody was happy with that pick then, and nobody is defending it.

AJ Clay? Should have been Cameron Jordan. I said so at the time. In which case, nobody is complaining. Brian Price, how about Carlos Dunlap?

Missing on a player doesn't undermine a process.

I'm sorry but that's complete revisionist history. The board was all on board with Gaines all hailing him the next Simeon Rice. Sure, did people want Calvin Johnson more? Yeah, but he was long gone.
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 5338
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:05 pm

On Drafttek there are 24 edge rushers and 20 5-techs, how many are going to be hands down better than William Gholston?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10148
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Doctor wrote:
Super K wrote:
I don't think anyone ever said anything about VH3 not being there..

And now, I wish he wasn't...

Classic case of "we need a corner so we're taking a corner" AND trading down for no damn reason....

Should've stayed put and selected Tunsil...OL would've been fixed, DBs would be no worse off..


real bucs fan wrote:I think the obvious directions we can go in round 1 are LT, DL, or DB. If we are say picking 9th, I think Tunsil and Stanley will be long gone, and I think Hargreaves and Ramsey are off the board as well. Those are the only LTs or DBs from this draft worthy of top 10 picks IMO. I think with the depth of this draft, we will be in fine position to address the d-line.


SIBucsFan wrote: If Hargreaves is at 9, which at the moment I don't believe I see happening, I would choose Hargreaves.

Mountaineer Buc wrote:There are no guarantees VH3 will be there.


DreadNaught wrote:I'd love for Ramsey or Hargreaves to fall to us at #9, but the odds aren't good.


Just off a quick search. And iirc, many had him not falling to us during the combine in particuar.


Damn it got quiet in here after you posted this, Dr. But I agree and I don't know why people don't get it yet. The favorites in January/February, unless they are must have, no flaws type of talents have a good chance of falling in the draft. They fall, others rise. Happens every year. Hell I remember 2011, Von Miller wasnt a projected top 5 pick until the last 2 weeks prior to that draft.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:34 pm

If I recall, Hargreaves stock took a bit of a hit when he came in shorter and slower at the combine than anticipated. Most thought he was a 5'11" 4.4 guy, when he actually was a 5'10" 4.5 guy.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 8600
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 961 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:12 pm

real bucs fan wrote:If I recall, Hargreaves stock took a bit of a hit when he came in shorter and slower at the combine than anticipated. Most thought he was a 5'11" 4.4 guy, when he actually was a 5'10" 4.5 guy.


No his stock didn't take a hit. Other guys just rose, namely Goff & Wentz. But no one anticipated him being a 5-11/4.4 guy. And even if they did he didn't fall 2-3 spots because of it.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Is the DE going to pass us by?

Postby Super K » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Doctor wrote:
Super K wrote:
I don't think anyone ever said anything about VH3 not being there..

And now, I wish he wasn't...

Classic case of "we need a corner so we're taking a corner" AND trading down for no damn reason....

Should've stayed put and selected Tunsil...OL would've been fixed, DBs would be no worse off..


real bucs fan wrote:I think the obvious directions we can go in round 1 are LT, DL, or DB. If we are say picking 9th, I think Tunsil and Stanley will be long gone, and I think Hargreaves and Ramsey are off the board as well. Those are the only LTs or DBs from this draft worthy of top 10 picks IMO. I think with the depth of this draft, we will be in fine position to address the d-line.


SIBucsFan wrote: If Hargreaves is at 9, which at the moment I don't believe I see happening, I would choose Hargreaves.

Mountaineer Buc wrote:There are no guarantees VH3 will be there.


DreadNaught wrote:I'd love for Ramsey or Hargreaves to fall to us at #9, but the odds aren't good.


Just off a quick search. And iirc, many had him not falling to us during the combine in particuar.


My bad Doc, it's been a helluva day work wise..

I stand corrected...
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to College Football/Draft Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: uscbucsfan and 19 guests