Pre Combine Buczone Board Rankings #4

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Who's the next best prospect for the Bucs?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:13 am

Saquan Barkley
38%
Vita Vea
42%
Derwin James
13%
Josh Jackson
No votes
Marcus Davenport
No votes
Arden Key
No votes
Denzel Ward
8%
D'Aron Payne
No votes
Maurice Hurst
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 24

Pre Combine Buczone Board Rankings #4

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:13 am

Rankings so far:
1. Bradley Chubb, DE
2. Quenton Nelson, LG
3. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB

Who's the next highest prospect?

And again, if there's anyone you're planning on voting for, please nominate them in the comments below.
real bucs fan

Re: Pre Combine Buczone Board Rankings #4

Postby Super K » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:19 am

Goin Vea again cause you bastards screwed it up last round...
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:49 am

Barkley leading with 4 votes. I'm surprised RBF hasn't called it yet.
Bootz2004

Postby Super K » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:55 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Barkley leading with 4 votes. I'm surprised RBF hasn't called it yet.

Ha! He's still creating new accounts and voting, must've lost track of time...
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:26 pm

Glad to see common sense exists on this board still...
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Super K wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Barkley leading with 4 votes. I'm surprised RBF hasn't called it yet.

He's gonna have to speed it up. Vea is catching up lol
Bootz2004

Postby Super K » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Super K wrote:

RBF thinking up usernames and passwords...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/3ef34f6cc6f98e888f8fd69245ee3e44/tenor.gif?itemid=3938292
Super K

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:47 pm

lol Vita Vea Ftw
Jason Bourne

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Vea winning this over Barkley would only further support the notion that this board is ****ing stupid, so I hope he does...
real bucs fan

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:55 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Vea winning this over Barkley would only further support the notion that this board is ****ing stupid, so I hope he does...

Jason Bourne

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:08 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:lol Vita Vea Ftw fwiw
mdb1958

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:58 pm

Super K wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

RBF thinking up usernames and passwords...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/3ef34f6cc6f98e888f8fd69245ee3e44/tenor.gif?itemid=3938292

Good work he's doing too. Barkley up 8-6 now lol
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:36 pm

I'll let this one go the full 24 hours so you bitches don't complain, and if it's tied I'll do a tiebreaker poll.
real bucs fan

Postby Super K » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:59 pm

real bucs fan wrote:I'll let this one go the full 24 hours so you bitches don't complain, and if it's tied I'll do a tiebreaker poll.

Dude, I read this at work and burst out laughing....I'm hoping you meant it in the smartass sarcastic way I read it in my head...
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:06 pm

real bucs fan wrote:I'll let this one go the full 24 hours so you bitches don't complain, and if it's tied I'll do a tiebreaker poll.

LMFAO!!!
Bootz2004

Postby Sammich » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:29 pm

I didn't vote in #3 because it was decided before I saw it, but I voted for Vea here. We've just got to improve the lines and I think he is the best lineman left. He isn't the best passrusher but he will clog run lanes, keep our undersized linebackers clean, free up other linemen, and still provide some push.

I'm just not a Barkley believer. He is a home run threat and great receiver, but I just don't see him as a bell cow. I think he's going to be an elite 3rd down and change of pace back in the mold of Reggie Bush or Christian McCaffrey. I don't think that role is worth a top 10 pick.
Sammich

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Barkley has like 20+ pounds on both those guys. And it isn't wasted weight, it's pure muscle and power. He is like a Bush or C-Mac in terms of athleticism and receiving skills, but what makes him special is that he's a full grown bellcow on top of that.
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:44 pm

If Barkley is around when we pick in the 2nd round, I'd definitely pull the trigger on him.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:47 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Barkley has like 20+ pounds on both those guys. And it isn't wasted weight, it's pure muscle and power. He is like a Bush or C-Mac in terms of athleticism and receiving skills, but what makes him special is that he's a full grown bellcow on top of that.

His college tape leaves some to be desired between the tackles. NFL.com compared him to Barry Sanders, which I thought was crazy at first. He's not nearly the crazy creative athlete Sanders was or as productive as Sanders was in college, but one thing they share is they are both very feast or famine. He's just as likely to bust a big run as he is to run for a loss due to his style and seemingly ease to take down. That's why he wasn't as consistent in college as Gurley or ADP. He makes his living bouncing to the outside in the same way Bush did in college and he often has Truck sized holes to work with. He wasn't a generational dominant runner behind a good o-line and good QB in college. I think he's a really really good prospect, but I've said all season he's just not up there with best RB prospects. IMO his tape and numbers prove that to be true. You are more enthralled by his measurables and potential and appear to ignore his bad tape.

Every year you fall head over heals for a prospect and then think everyone is stupid for not seeing what you see (I didn't think you could get worse than you were with Mariota, but this is close), but all of this is subjective. People having a different opinion on what is wrong with the play calling or how to fix our team isn't wrong, it's just different. There are plenty of NFL employees who feel the way MJW does about RBs or believe the line is more important. There are some who probably believe that Barkley walks on water like you. It's fun to see how this plays out, but people aren't stupid because they disagree with you.
uscbucsfan

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Barkley Barkley, he's our man, if Barkley cant do it, nobody can!
mdb1958

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:12 pm

When taking a RB that high they should be superb in all aspects as a runner. Barkley has great talent and great skills. But he's not a tough enough runner inside and moving chains to warrant a top 10 pick. I think most people are seeing this now.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Barkley is the best all-around RB to come around in years, but okay then.
real bucs fan

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:44 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Barkley is the best all-around RB to come around in years, but okay then.

Lol. Ok, then...because you said so.

I think we'll see more of this

@AllbrightNFL
I think RB Saquon Barkley isn't going to go as high as people think.

No one I talked to had him top 7.

That's not to say he isn't talented, but it appears media higher on him than league.
10:30 AM - Jan 28, 2018

Than the praise scouts gave to Fournette last year or Gurley.
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uscbucsfan

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:48 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Barkley is the best all-around RB to come around in years, but okay then.

Lol. Ok, then...because you said so.

Pretty much everyone (Daniel Jeremiah, Todd McShay, Mel Kiper, etc) all have Barkley as the top prospect in this draft... RB is a major need for this team... even positionally, RB is more valuable than a nose tackle... yet this board prefers Vita Vea...
real bucs fan

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:55 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Lol. Ok, then...because you said so.

Pretty much everyone (Daniel Jeremiah, Todd McShay, Mel Kiper, etc) all have Barkley as the top prospect in this draft... RB is a major need for this team... even positionally, RB is more valuable than a nose tackle... yet this board prefers Vita Vea...

You really used McShay and Kiper to back you? You really are desperate. It's not a consensus that Barkley is perfect. You believe him to be better than the tape shows, great. Not everyone does. There are many who don't believe in a 1st round running back, period. We've established there's a good argument to that, much less a top 10 for a player with question marks running the ball between the tackles.
uscbucsfan

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:09 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Pretty much everyone (Daniel Jeremiah, Todd McShay, Mel Kiper, etc) all have Barkley as the top prospect in this draft... RB is a major need for this team... even positionally, RB is more valuable than a nose tackle... yet this board prefers Vita Vea...

You really used McShay and Kiper to back you? You really are desperate. It's not a consensus that Barkley is perfect. You believe him to be better than the tape shows, great. Not everyone does. There are many who don't believe in a 1st round running back, period. We've established there's a good argument to that, much less a top 10 for a player with question marks running the ball between the tackles.

And you are referncing someone ironically named Allbright who I've never heard of. So what? Daniel Jeremiah is an actual former scout. He and Brooks are the best in the business.

And sorry if this statement hurts your feelings, but not believing in using a first rounder on a guy who's considered by many to be the top prospect in the draft, and who'll be touching the ball 20+ times a game in the NFL, because he's a running back... is pure stupidity. That's compounded further when you're arguing to draft a fatass nose tackle ahead of him. Who was the last non pass rushing DT to go top 7? Please tell me, because I'm genuinely curious...
real bucs fan

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:23 pm

If you paid attention you would notice that I didn't say I believed a rb shouldn't be drafted in the 1st, I pointed to MJW, but there are NFL teams that believe that, too. Also, I posted that I have Barkley over Vea.

My point is you come off as a douche calling people stupid for not agreeing with you. You are a nobody, just like the rest of us when it comes to this stuff.

You do this every ****ing year and every year me and you get into because of this. I don't think Barkley is a top 5 rb in the last 10 years. I have tape and stats to back that up. You disagree and point to his potential and measurables, I can respect that. What I don't like is when you force the topic in every single thread and call people stupid who disagree.
uscbucsfan

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:If you paid attention you would notice that I didn't say I believed a rb shouldn't be drafted in the 1st, I pointed to MJW, but there are NFL teams that believe that, too. Also, I posted that I have Barkley over Vea.

My point is you come off as a douche calling people stupid for not agreeing with you. You are a nobody, just like the rest of us when it comes to this stuff.

You do this every ****ing year and every year me and you get into because of this. I don't think Barkley is a top 5 rb in the last 10 years. I have tape and stats to back that up. You disagree and point to his potential and measurables, I can respect that. What I don't like is when you force the topic in every single thread and call people stupid who disagree.

Bro... no need to have a meltdown... this is a messageboard... the conversation about Barkley is relevant... I never called any individual stupid, just said that the notion that RB isn't worth a first rounder is stupid... so relax...
real bucs fan

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:31 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:If you paid attention you would notice that I didn't say I believed a rb shouldn't be drafted in the 1st, I pointed to MJW, but there are NFL teams that believe that, too. Also, I posted that I have Barkley over Vea.

Bro... no need to have a meltdown... this is a messageboard... the conversation about Barkley is relevant... I never called any individual stupid, just said that the notion that RB isn't worth a first rounder is stupid... so relax...

Lol. Meltdown because I went PG13? Ok. Sorry I cursed. You become insufferable before the draft. Otherwise I like you.
uscbucsfan

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:34 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Bro... no need to have a meltdown... this is a messageboard... the conversation about Barkley is relevant... I never called any individual stupid, just said that the notion that RB isn't worth a first rounder is stupid... so relax...

Lol. Meltdown because I went PG13? Ok. Sorry I cursed. You become insufferable before the draft. Otherwise I like you.

I just like talking prospects... I also believe our pisspoor run game has held us back these last 2 years. That's it. I don't really care about Barkley specifically, and I don't think he makes it to 7 anyway. But the guy is a hell of a RB prospect and would be a tremendous pick for us if he fell into our laps. I just find it unbelievable that some folks aren't even considering him an option at 7 because he's a running back... that notion is crazy to me, but whatever, it's really no sweat off my back if folks disagree.
real bucs fan

Next

Return to College Football/Draft Talk