The real 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneer Draft discussion

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Re: The real 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneer Draft discussion

Postby Nano » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:24 pm

PooterReports final mock draft is interesting. Most of the picks are decent, but he has us trading away our 2019 2nd round pick to jump into the 3rd round and select Mark Walton(RB out of Miami). Don't think I could not hate that.
Nano

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:42 am

Some buzz that the Colts love Roquan Smith which obviously would be wonderful for us.
real bucs fan

Postby Hatter » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:24 am

real bucs fan wrote:Some buzz that the Colts love Roquan Smith which obviously would be wonderful for us.

They really need Linebacker help... I can see this pick being a priority for them.
Hatter

Postby Super K » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 am

Nano wrote:PooterReports final mock draft is interesting. Most of the picks are decent, but he has us trading away our 2019 2nd round pick to jump into the 3rd round and select Mark Walton(RB out of Miami). Don't think I could not hate that.

Switch out Walton with another RB (Ballage, Hines, Scarborough etc) and I could live with that draft...
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:06 am

real bucs fan wrote:Some buzz that the Colts love Roquan Smith which obviously would be wonderful for us.

I don't buy that buzz for a second and neither do you. It tells me they want to entice a team to make them an offer.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:47 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

I don't buy that buzz for a second and neither do you. It tells me they want to entice a team to make them an offer.

Exactly. The Colts saying, "Hey, everyone, we really like this player we can draft later than our current pick!" is advertising that it's for sale. Same thing if we were slobbering all over Marcus Davenport. It's REASONABLE to think they do like Roquan Smith. In fact, he'd be a great addition for them. But they can almost certainly get him in the 8-12 range, too.
MJW

Postby Doctor » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:07 pm

It's always tough to distinguish what's real and what's not so close to the draft. I honestly would not be surprised if the Colts drafted a LB at 6, it's honestly in my mock and I've been saying it for awhile. Smith and Edmunds are studs.
I think it's Mounty who always says it's not a reach if the guy won't be there when you pick again. So what if you could probably get them at 8-12? You have no idea who in that range will get one and spoil your party. If you like one and you can get one at 6 you do it. They need a whole lot of help on that D top to bottom, and they need a centerpiece.

At this point I really think everything is wide open and I wouldn't be surprised who is there at 7, barkley, nelson, chubbs.
Doctor

Postby Super K » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Doctor wrote:I think it's Mounty who always says it's not a reach if the guy won't be there when you pick again. So what if you could probably get them at 8-12? You have no idea who in that range will get one and spoil your party. If you like one and you can get one at 6 you do it.

Yep... completely agree with this thought process...

Stay pat and make your pick...
Super K

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Super K wrote:
Doctor wrote:I think it's Mounty who always says it's not a reach if the guy won't be there when you pick again. So what if you could probably get them at 8-12? You have no idea who in that range will get one and spoil your party. If you like one and you can get one at 6 you do it.

Depends on who he is and how highly you value him. If you have 3 players with a similar grade and you would be happy with any of them, then it wouldnt matter if you traded down 2 spots.

I would rather we build picks for next year, if we end up just making picks for the hell of it.
mdb1958

Postby sonofg » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:15 pm

Super K wrote:

I think that discussion was a few board iterations ago, with the Alualu pick. (probably a ton of other times as well, but that is the most memorable example I can think of)
If he's your guy and you can't trade down to get him, what else can you do?
sonofg

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:38 am

Antonio Calloway pissed hot at the combine. Supposedly telling teams there he hadn't smoked in over 6 weeks. This is after the sexual assault thing, the fraud thing, and a suspension for weed last season.

If a GM hands this guy a jersey, they should be fired on the spot.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Doctor » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:47 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Antonio Calloway pissed hot at the combine. Supposedly telling teams there he hadn't smoked in over 6 weeks. This is after the sexual assault thing, the fraud thing, and a suspension for weed last season.

That's what the late rounds and undrafted FA is for. He wouldn't be the first player to get a wake up call and turn his **** around. His talent more than warrant it. Much rather fail with him than someone like McNichols.
Doctor

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:51 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Antonio Calloway pissed hot at the combine. Supposedly telling teams there he hadn't smoked in over 6 weeks. This is after the sexual assault thing, the fraud thing, and a suspension for weed last season.

If it doesn't affect ticket sales, like kneeling during the anthem does, it shouldn't matter. Stop with this faux sense of moral decency. Tyreek Hill was handed a jersey AFTER he beat up his girl friend. This guy will be too.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:00 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

If it doesn't affect ticket sales, like kneeling during the anthem does, it shouldn't matter. Stop with this faux sense of moral decency. Tyreek Hill was handed a jersey AFTER he beat up his girl friend. This guy will be too.

Yup. Some team will offer up a day 3 pick or sign him as a priority UDFA. His past will mean he's on a short leash and not given the benefit of the doubt should he continue to have off-field issues. But he'll certainly get an opportunity and in the unlikely event he can stay out of trouble he'll be on an NFL roster.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:02 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

Tyreek Hill had the one charge and never got in trouble again.

Calloway has the violence charge, the fraud scheme, and now 2 hot bottles of piss. Once is a mistake, twice is unfortunate, three times is a pattern.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Tyreek Hill had the one charge and never got in trouble again.

Calloway has the violence charge, the fraud scheme, and now 2 hot bottles of piss. Once is a mistake, twice is unfortunate, three times is a pattern.

Strangling your pregnant girlfriend and holding her against her will is a mistake??
Bootz2004

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Tyreek Hill had the one charge and never got in trouble again.

Strangling your pregnant girlfriend and holding her against her will is a mistake??

Don't get into minutia. Calloway has a pattern of misconduct and shows zero interest in changing.

He LIED to the faces of whichever teams he told he hadn't smoked.

I'll campaign all day long for pot legalization, that's not the real issue here. This guy is not worth a draft pick IMO and I'm certain most of the league agrees with me.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:24 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Don't get into minutia. Calloway has a pattern of misconduct and shows zero interest in changing.

He LIED to the faces of whichever teams he told he hadn't smoked.

I'll campaign all day long for pot legalization, that's not the real issue here. This guy is not worth a draft pick IMO and I'm certain most of the league agrees with me.

I wouldn't call strangling and beating up a pregnant woman minutia at all. By your logic here if his actions had resulted in her death or the death of the unborn baby it would just be a mistake and worthy of a late draft pick.

I'll do you one better. Our very own Noah Spence. Tested positive for MDMA. Lied to Ohio State and his family about how the drug got in his system. Failed another test after testing positive for MDMA again. We used a 2nd round pick on him.

Some team will draft Calloway if he fits their plans.
Bootz2004

Postby Naismith » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:31 am

I'm willing to bet a dollar that Calloway goes undrafted. I need to make up for the dollar I'm going to lose to RBF when Barkley goes ahead of Vea.
Naismith

Postby RobR » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:48 am

I was about 2 seconds away from pressing enter on drafting Calloway there for the Cardinals in the mock but went for Daesean Hamilton instead.

Some people are going to take him off their board because they want to hold higher standards, but the reality is that at that point in the draft he has the talent that someone should be willing to see if he's worth the risk. What do you usually get out of a late rounder?

It's kind of why I wanted us to draft La'el Collins in the 7th that year and call his bluff.

Honestly the only reason I didn't do it in the draft is I think he can probably be had in the 5th at this point.
RobR

Postby Naismith » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 am

If you believe that, you can win a bright, shiny dollar from me!
Naismith

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Could arguably be the best player in this draft when it's all said and done! Why we have not considered him I completely understand. Inept pass defense, but in reality the " defense" in general was underperforming. I love Kwon n LD but I think a guy who's a leader n hungry and has tape like that??? Would benefit this defense on anything pass or run under 15 yards from line of scrimmage . Now you add him and a healthy LavonteDavid who can both blitz and generate pass rush? Sorry but with the Dline additions and adding him? Mike Smith would have ZERO excuses to generate " any" type of pass rush. Also we have yet to see our LBs play a full 16 game schedule on the field healthy together. With injuries and salary cap considerations, combined with overall talent and what it brings to our team? Sorry guys , we'll be wishing in 3 years we took him.His only " cons" are the same as D Brooks n Ray Lewis, " size".Im assuming Nelsons gone of course.
LavonteDavid54

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:21 am

Did we just draft Maurice Fleming twice?
mdb1958

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:21 am

Which one of you dumb asses did this ?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018 ... son-licht/
Jason Bourne

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:31 am

Jason Bourne wrote:Which one of you dumb asses did this ?

This guy is an idiot lol.

Rogers said he would've preferred for the Bucs to have taken James.
"I wanted (Quenton) Nelson really bad, but then he went off right before us," Rogers said, referring to the former Notre Dame guard taken No. 6 overall by the Colts. "Then we traded back. James was still there and a huge position of need. I mean we have (Chris) Conte back, and he's a huge liability in my opinion. I also think James not working out for teams hurt his stock, but I don't blame him. They have tape and combine to go off of."
PrimeMinister

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:38 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Which one of you dumb asses did this ?

This guy is an idiot lol.

Rogers said he would've preferred for the Bucs to have taken James.
"I wanted (Quenton) Nelson really bad, but then he went off right before us," Rogers said, referring to the former Notre Dame guard taken No. 6 overall by the Colts. "Then we traded back. James was still there and a huge position of need. I mean we have (Chris) Conte back, and he's a huge liability in my opinion. I also think James not working out for teams hurt his stock, but I don't blame him. They have tape and combine to go off of."

Yep , trying to figure out which one here did it ?
Jason Bourne

Previous

Return to College Football/Draft Talk