Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl: UCF vs Auburn

Dedicated to College Football and Draft discussion.
Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl: UCF vs Auburn

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:31 pm

"SEC football, they don't have a lot of speed, honestly. Auburn hasn't seen any speed like we have here. So I would say they're in for a rude awakening because UCF football, we're UCF fast and UCF fierce."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... urn-tigers
Phantom Phenom

Re: Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl: UCF vs Auburn

Postby Kress » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:49 pm

That would be glorious, but UCF can't stop anyone or anything.
Kress

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Killins may be the fastest player in college football. He was the 3A state champion in the 200 in 2016.
Ken Carson

Postby MJW » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:23 am

Think of how it will help Nebraska's recruiting if Frost beats Auburn on that stage! :mrgreen:
MJW

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:06 am

Lord knows Nebraska could use the help. Having a worse recruiting class than Purdue has to sting.
Ken Carson

Postby MJW » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:17 am

Ken Carson wrote:Lord knows Nebraska could use the help. Having a worse recruiting class than Purdue has to sting.

No argument from me. It's one of the many reasons it's an exciting time. The last two coaches were content to recruit 3 stars with the right attitude for their vision. It got old, throwing a parade down O Street whenever a four star came here. It shouldn't be hard for a guy like Frost to improve that situation. Especially with the Florida pipeline he fostered with you guys!

All jokes aside, UCF handled this whole thing with a lot of class. That's been a major topic of conversation up here. It's obvious that school is run by people with the right idea about how to conduct business, and I think they made a good hire.
MJW

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:02 am

We'll see on Heupel. His hire seems like trying to recreate the Frost magic, and that's going to be a tall order. Danny White has said and done all the right things so far, though, so I'm cautiously hopeful.
Ken Carson

Postby Heidguy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Bruh!! The fact this kid said the SEC has no speed is the most assigning thing he could have said smh, he gone see speed aight, boy has never taken a hand off and subsequently founds his **** buried in the dirt as fast as it will be once them tigers get hands on him. This lil guy crazy a **** to think they even stand a chance lol. Also he described his team as "fierce" so there's that lol you go girl! It's gonna be a slaughter and I can't wait!
Heidguy

Postby Konatown » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Heidguy wrote:Bruh!! The fact this kid said the SEC has no speed is the most assigning thing he could have said smh, he gone see speed aight, boy has never taken a hand off and subsequently founds his **** buried in the dirt as fast as it will be once them tigers get hands on him. This lil guy crazy a **** to think they even stand a chance lol. Also he described his team as "fierce" so there's that lol you go girl! It's gonna be a slaughter and I can't wait!

You obviously haven’t seen UCF play this year. I think Auburn will win but it’s gonna be closer than you think.
Konatown

Postby Heidguy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Konatown wrote:
Heidguy wrote:Bruh!! The fact this kid said the SEC has no speed is the most assigning thing he could have said smh, he gone see speed aight, boy has never taken a hand off and subsequently founds his **** buried in the dirt as fast as it will be once them tigers get hands on him. This lil guy crazy a **** to think they even stand a chance lol. Also he described his team as "fierce" so there's that lol you go girl! It's gonna be a slaughter and I can't wait!

You obviously haven’t seen UCF play this year. I think Auburn will win but it’s gonna be closer than you think.

Nah it won't. They'll get the doors beat off of them and like it lol. They wanted a power 5 team so bad, now they'll get more than they bargained for. You have to kidding me right? Did you see the defense optional game against Memphis, and they'll play a 10 scoring defense this game, no chance in hell.
Heidguy

Postby Konatown » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:07 pm

Playing Auburn will certainly be tough. But UCF and Memphis are top 5 in total offense, what kind of game did you think you were going to get?
Konatown

Postby Konatown » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:27 pm

Heidguy wrote:
Konatown wrote:

Nah it won't. They'll get the doors beat off of them and like it lol. They wanted a power 5 team so bad, now they'll get more than they bargained for. You have to kidding me right? Did you see the defense optional game against Memphis, and they'll play a 10 scoring defense this game, no chance in hell.

I guess we’ll see Heid. You’re an Auburn homer (no shame in that), but this will not be a cake walk going against a top scoring offense In the NCAA. Auburn is one of the teams I did not feel so good about, being that they’re an all around good team. But that’s good for our program to go up against one of the SEC’s best and smack them in the mouth. Nothing to lose on UCF’s end. Win and you took down an SEC powerhouse, lose and everyone expected you to. Auburn is in the tough seat for this one if they lose to UCF.
Konatown

Postby Kress » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 am

UCF can score like crazy. Auburn can shut anyone down with that front 4. Defense wins championships. Also, UCF can't stop anyone. I'm rooting for UCF, but my money would go on Auburn in this one. Auburn will get a couple of explosive big plays and frustrate the hell out of DiNovo. UCF's best hope is a special teams miracle, in my opinion.
Kress

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:48 am

Auburn might have 5 or 6 players projecting to go to the NFL, so UCF would be the major upset. One thing for sure, UCF has been fun to watch and so far they have taken care of business and a win would have to make you wonder.
Last edited by mdb1958 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mdb1958

Postby Konatown » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:35 am

It’s certainly a bad matchup for UCF, I’d feel a little better if we got Wisconsin or Miami. Haven’t played a defense like Auburn’s all year, but we’re built on quick throws/screens/run option. So if Milton can continue to get the ball out quick we should have a decent showing.

Now trying to stop Auburn’s Offense is a completely different story. I could easily see this game having over 80 combined points. Either way, it should be a fun football game to watch if our offense can get it going.

Go Knights!
Konatown

Postby Heidguy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:22 am

Lol I'm just talking a bunch of **** for the most part. The homer in me of course undoubtedly knows we'll boat race these boys off the field, but I've also seen to much football in my life to know anything can happen. Boise did it to OU years ago and it could happen again, unlikely, but could happen. It should be a good game for real though.
Heidguy

Postby Konatown » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:03 am

Half the fun in football is being able to talk ****, no worries!

Hoping for an entertaining game either way. Nothing better than curing a NYE hangover by sitting on the couch with good football throughout the day.
Konatown

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:34 am

Kress wrote:UCF can score like crazy. Auburn can shut anyone down with that front 4. Defense wins championships. Also, UCF can't stop anyone. I'm rooting for UCF, but my money would go on Auburn in this one. Auburn will get a couple of explosive big plays and frustrate the hell out of DiNovo. UCF's best hope is a special teams miracle, in my opinion.

Aside from two top 10 offenses, UCF stopped just about everyone else they played.
Ken Carson

Postby Kress » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Aside from two top 10 offenses, UCF stopped just about everyone else they played.

So aside from when they played good teams, they played well? Just about?
Kress

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:17 am

Umm, how a bout stayed unbeaten --- something that no other team was able to do in FBS.
mdb1958

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:20 am

Kress wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Aside from two top 10 offenses, UCF stopped just about everyone else they played.

So aside from when they played good teams, they played well? Just about?

No, not really. They held Memphis to 13 points earlier in the season and they also held SMU (12th ranked offense) to 24.

But you're right, it's not like we played Syracuse...
Ken Carson

Postby Kress » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 am

You got me there, but UCF won't beat Auburn. Much less could they have beaten Clemson, Oklahoma, or Alabama this year. They might have had a shot at Georgia. Undefeated or not, Syracuse mess up or not, seriously..... who's better? You deep down inside know the answer to this.

Would lose to Ohio State, to USC, to Wisconsin (maybe, that's a push)......... You get the point.
Kress

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Kress wrote:You got me there, but UCF won't beat Auburn. Much less could they have beaten Clemson, Oklahoma, or Alabama this year. They might have had a shot at Georgia. Undefeated or not, Syracuse mess up or not, seriously..... who's better? You deep down inside know the answer to this.

Would lose to Ohio State, to USC, to Wisconsin (maybe, that's a push)......... You get the point.

Better team? Of course, going 85 players deep all of these P5 schools will be objectively better than UCF. They had better be, given all the advantages that they have. That said, unless you're playing significantly above your competition level, going undefeated is extraordinarily difficult (just look at Clemson, winning all the big games, but dropping one to a terrible team). And I think that should tell you something about this Knights team. People are too quick to dismiss them as a Group of 5 school, but when you look at the athletes they have, they look like a Power 5 team that is wearing the jerseys of a Group of 5 school, not a bunch of overachieving college kids. There is legit NFL talent up and down that squad.
Ken Carson

Postby Heidguy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:58 am

Sooo f'n ready for this game!! War Damn!
Heidguy

Postby Teitan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:21 pm

Go Knights!!
Teitan

Postby Native Son » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Sack Baby!!!
Native Son

Postby Native Son » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:48 pm

WooHoooo!!!!! :ninja:
Native Son

Postby Konatown » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:51 pm

Knights D came to play today, let’s get a drive going on O now!
Konatown

Postby Native Son » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:55 pm

QB has the yips.
Native Son

Postby Heidguy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:02 pm

That is so weird to see #18 for ucf out there with 1 hand. Cool though, good for him.
Heidguy

Next

Return to College Football/Draft Talk